Ethernet Problems

Posted by Skitzo Control

I feel like an utter *******! I can't figure out what's wrong.

When I run a cable from the modem to the ethernet port, the yellow status/sensory light flashes on the port, (which, I assume, means it's getting power) but I don't get a standing green (I assume means I'm sending and recieving information). This makes absolutely no sense to me that it's not working, because the USB ports are on the same networking card, and I can connect to the internet fine with them. Any ideas?

Posted by thelaststand

for some reason your explanation wasnt very clear 2 me

Posted by psp

Bah, i had the same problem a couple of weeks ago. Either your modem could be broken, or there are errors (or network problems) in your local area connection. Consult with your internet provider. They will most likely tell you wat is going on. Thats what happened to me.

Posted by Skitzo Control

Quoting thelaststand: for some reason your explanation wasnt very clear 2 me

My ethernet port is not working. My USB ports are. They're on the same networking card. How about that?

Quoting psp: Bah, i had the same problem a couple of weeks ago. Either your modem could be broken, or there are errors (or network problems) in your local area connection. Consult with your internet provider. They will most likely tell you wat is going on. Thats what happened to me.
It's not the ISP, because the USB port is working. I know what I have to do, now, but I'm not looking forward to getting into my BIOS as soon as I find the on-line manual for this motherboard.:(