Reputation System

Posted by Pep

I am new to the forums and I would like to know how does the repuation score system work ( I am not sure if it has soemthing to do with business transactions between members or anything like that). Thank you and sorry if the post does not belong here.

Posted by Klarth

READ THE RULES AND FAQS.

http://www.vgchat.com/announcement.php?f=11

Thank you.

Posted by verystrait42

i would like to thank everyone who de-repped me because i am going for the title "Most De-repped"

Posted by muffla

no fair im an older member and u have mor rep than me

Posted by -Shadow-

Quoting muffla: no fair im an older member and u have mor rep than me

As it stands right now, any newbie who joins will have more rep than you.

Posted by Jesse Smith

The rep system doesn't give a rats rear-end about your age. Based on your posts, you're just a kid!!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D

Posted by Poison

Lol...older or younger, it doesn't matter. It's all about not acting like an idiot.

Posted by Arczu

Reputation, if anything, just tends to show who the active, upper people are.

It's a side effect of commenting on a post that you give your rep power (or take away rep = to half your power)...

Posted by Xero

Rep could be fun, rep could be a ****er. Just post what you think and dont worry about it ;)

Posted by Spin

Quoted post: Reputation, if anything, just tends to show who the active, upper people are.

Yep. Couldn't agree more.

Posted by RandomizeR

[quote=VGChat]vBulletin Message
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to -Shadow- again.
How very true.

Posted by Richaod

Quoting Arczu]And on the other end of the graph, Poison (Who posted earlier) has been here since April this year. Aproximately 5 months, and she accumulated 1400+ reputation. Not to mention she only has 87+ posts at this time (and that's not counting the blog posting).

Reputation could be some sort of balancer. Encourage those who think it is holy to post better (and avoid de-rep bandwagons), or just see it as a nuicance really...

But of course, I haven't seen anybody with a lagitimate -1000 reputation. Of course, Jessie ocassionally goes off the wall and set's his power to (-600 - 60 -6), and flaunts his power around. It's really funny when he does though!

Posted by Poison

Quoting Arczu]

Am I a mouse then? :D:D:D:D:D

Posted by Xero

Hmm...you got a point...thats not a good arguiment. Sry I was wrong again.

I'm a member since last january, been 9 months and I only have 137 of rep and I have a hard time keeping it up. I really gotta do something....like post more intelligent stuff...

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Quoted post: I really gotta do something....like post more intelligent stuff...

Though that would be an improvement, I find that intelligence has little to do with rep. Case in point: me. I rarely get rep for posts that involve intelligence, or well thought-out ideas. Most come from posts that contain humour, or a humorous remark.

So I suggest you be more funny, or don't post at all.

Either way.

In fact, here's a tip that guaranteed to help: don't care about rep whatsoever. It's pretty useless.

Posted by The Judge

People tend to get rep for long posts if they're not just useless nonsensical bullcrap, and for funny posts. Not like what you think is funny, but genuinely funny. Something everyone can appreciate. Example, black people jokes. Not everyone likes hearing about them, but some do.

Posted by Xero

Quoting Vampiro: Though that would be an improvement, I find that intelligence has little to do with rep. Case in point: me. I rarely get rep for posts that involve intelligence, or well thought-out ideas. Most come from posts that contain humour, or a humorous remark.

So I suggest you be more funny, or don't post at all.

Either way.

In fact, here's a tip that guaranteed to help: don't care about rep whatsoever. It's pretty useless.

I know rep is useless, I'm just putting these facts, cuz arzcu said it was made to be balanced and I'm just saying that I'm not balanced at all.

The only way I got rep was by...Dexter...think he repped me like 3 times and he had the most rep at the time. Every body was de-repping me because of my idiot opinions in the thread rep and comments (for those who remember) I came back to VGC, hoping I would get back and have a bit of fun. I can tell that I'm having fun, but still, rep seems to be a big topic and I just like to post about it and say what I think about it. Some consider rep as a fun thing, some just rep around and some members de-rep, cuz they know the member has WAY less reputation and that de-repping back wont do a thing.

Sry if that dint make sence, I'm really trying to be pleasant. I hope I am. I really dont know how to get some rep, but I'm sure with time I'll mage to get up to 200.

Posted by Arczu

Quoted post: Originally commented in a forehand post
Well, even though you think I'm a girl...
Dag sarnit! I told you guys the gender fields were becoming useless. That's what I get for joining a bandwagon...

I'm sorry. I once again got the gender wrong.

Posted by Xero

Quoting The Judge: People tend to get rep for long posts if they're not just useless nonsensical bullcrap, and for funny posts. Not like what you think is funny, but genuinely funny. Something everyone can appreciate. Example, black people jokes. Not everyone likes hearing about them, but some do.

I never do long posts except when I want to get a message through like my previous post. Members consider what I post general bullcrap ,your right judge. I always think what I say is....kinda right and I get like 4 de-reps on the same posts and lose 20. I dont think black people jokes will work, cuz I'm sure we got black members in this forum and they might just get insulted...and so I will lose more rep. (also depends on the joke). I'm not gonna try jokes, cuz I'm not funny in general.

This was a long post judge. I hope its not bullcrap.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Quoted post: cuz I'm sure we got black members in this forum

Active? I highly doubt it.

Mainly because they can't afford computers.

Posted by The Judge

Ultimate win.