Open Challenge- Come One, Come All

Posted by Chiaroscuro

For those of you unfamiliar with my current alias, you might know me better as Nido. I've been in and out of the creative writing scene for quite some time, but I've decided I'd like to get back into it right where I left off; starting now.

I offer an open challenge, standard rules, to anyone willing to accept. My opponent can decide who chooses battlefield and who is entitled to first move. I certainly hope I don't disappoint...

Posted by S

Malichi would like to accept this but he's not home at the moment. He'll post soon, if that's alright with you. He's a personal friend of mine, he's got a knack for writing but still not well-versed in sim.^^ Knock him around a few times for me, would you?

He says he'll take entrance and it will be posted asap.

Posted by Chiaroscuro

I'll be gentle; as gentle as I can allow myself, anyways. Accepted, nonetheless. I eagerly await his reply.

Posted by S

He's having a similar problem as you... can't get his old account working. He tried making a new one but I don't know what's going on. I'll be able to help him today. We'll see what comes up.

Posted by Moonblood

Hello good sir sorry to keep you waiting just got all my stuff figured out. here is our arena:

The wind scrapped the hollow of the lofty hall. It rushes through sending a dry whisper along the circular inverse of the wall. Scattered tapestries fluttered, the pictures on their faces contorted & gnarled as the gust swept past them. The wind was the only movement in the vast hall. Filtered beams of shady light peaked through the small stone windows around the peak of the walls & resided in pale sickly pools across the cold marble floor. Weaving across & through each other the beams created fragmented reflections & cast odd shadows through out the hall. Portions of what seemed to be six great ebony pillars that stretched to the ceiling. There were ancient runes carved in the black faces which pulsed a ghostly shine in the pale beams of the shade light.
Another gust of wind rustled the tattered tapestries dangling from the cold rail of the balcony. It jutted out of the face of the wall approximately five meters from the floor of the hall. It

Posted by Chiaroscuro

Although he had shed blood of numerous adversaries across a wide variety of revenues in the past, Nido was still rather impressed with the seemingly ancient composure of the structure before him. Strolling casually through the wind-swept halls in an air of silence and tranquility with a long, black, leather trenchcoat swirling in the gusts in his wake, Nido sent a sweeping glance of observation throughout his immediate surroundings. He had learned long ago that there never really is a such thing as "safe."

Sorry, perhaps; but not safe.

As Nido approached the balcony and began to allow his trenchcoat to glide easily off his well-built frame in spite of the chilling winds which whipped snow and hail across his scarred, deeply featured face of crimson eyes and emerald hair, Malichi had already begun to sense his opponent's presence before any communication was made and by now had refrained from his post atop the balcony's edge, bringing himself forward to face the seasoned warrior.

"Quite lovely, this winter," Nido began, mockingly forming a half smile as wet precipitation began to saturate his leathery cheeks. "Nature freezing, storms arising..."

The warrior drew down into a low, formulated stance, slowly bringing himself into striking pose as Malichi braced himself for any possible impact.

"Things dying!"

It came suddenly, but it was expected. Nido snapped forward from his unorthodox stance, rising as he advanced with his strong arm in tow to deliver a smashing open-palmed blow into Malichi's torso, hoping to land a blow to the solarplexus, sternum or lungs. Nido soon realized he may have done all three, as Malichi was thrown backwards and slammed into a marble pillar which decorated his head and shoulders with wiltering debris.

Nido followed through, barely shifting positions as he drew himself upwards to his six-and-a-half-foot height, bringing his left leg with him and snapping it directly into a forward kick which broke Malichi's temporarily stunned defenses and found a soft spot cleanly amidst his abdominal region.

Malichi fell forward, knees followed by hands, one of which quickly grasped his chest in congruence with a series of wheezing, choked gasps which begged for the oxygen he was currently denied.

Nido rotated backwards, spinning away into a defensive stance, hair whipped across his face in a messy, loose mesh of green. His age hadn't seemed to affect him at this point, nor did the arctic chill which soothed his bones with its bitter bite.

"I've been quite out of the practice, as they say. I certainly hope I don't disappoint."

Posted by Moonblood

The thin air gave Malichi no wind as he gasped for it. Even his heaving intakes of breath came in snaking patches trailing from the shade of his scarlet hood. As his shoulders rose & sank fragments of the pillar trickled off him clattering & bouncing across the cold marble. The scatter of the pillar fragements echoed off the hallow space of the walls.

A smile came across Malichi's face his gaunt lips parting in spite of his oppenent's skill. In a coarse velvet voice he answered,

"No, I don't think you will."

It came all too quickly. Malichi threw himself upward with is feet, bringing his arm across in an horizontal arch. Nido noticed just before the impact the pigment of Malichi's fist contort. The pale hew greyed, texturizing the web of the skin.

As the texture fluxed Nido's head snapped sideways sharply. The dull, muffled crack boomed across the lofty setting. Blood beaded from Nido's mouth & spattered the ghost light of a nearby pillar.

Malichi gave no recovery time. swiftly swept his back foot behind Nido's first foot forward, thrusting his same hand forward he drug his leg back. Nido felt his balance go as Malichi's hand collided with his head, forcing it downward. Malichi thrust all his weight into the floor, shoving Nido's body between the collision.

The marble floor folded, groaned & with an instant split spiderwebbed as Nido's head crashed into it. A stabbing throb shot through Nido's head as his body was tugg upwardwards. Nido watched the rivulettes of blood explode inthe impact web in small red splashes through the spacing of Malichi's rough talons. He flet the flat of the floor again as Malichi stood him on his feet. With a sudden jolt of Malichi's arm Nido was sent backward. Malichi readied himself, his granite fist lit menisingly in the ghoul light of the incasing pillars.

Posted by Chiaroscuro

Nido plummeted backwards, fighting a losing battle against momentum for control of his destination, which turned out to be the rough side of a crumbling stone staircase. Slumping into a sitting position, Nido immediately pushed himself upwards, grimacing in pain, attempting to wipe the blood from his mouth but only succeeding in smearing it across his face. Nevertheless, as winded as he was, Nido again advanced, this time leading with a right-handed boxer's stance which gave Malichi plenty of time to set up a reasonable defense.

Nido, however, was a pretty good boxer.

A quick low jab to the gut was batted away by Malichi's talons, as was the complimenting middle right crossover. As his second punch was deflected, Nido suddenly rammed his left knee forward, smashing it full force into Malichi's kidneys. The warrior groaned in tremendous pain as Nido cocked his right arm and delivered a hammering uppercut directly underneath Malichi's chin.

A sickening crunch became audible amoung impact as Malichi's head snapped backwards with suitable disposition to cause whiplash. Nido came forward from the opposite side one last time and swung a hard elbow across Malichi's face, turning what once was his nose into a disgustingly wet mess of crimson red. The shattered nose brought saturation to Malichi's eyes, giving him only a partial view of Nido's snapping sideways kick. His body told him the rest.

Pain racked Malichi's jaw and quickly spread across his cheeks and over his face as the second blow to his mouth filled it with blood and dislodged a handful of teeth. Malichi stumbled backwards, gripping his jaw, losing his footing in the midst of pain and disorientation and falling over his own taloned feet to a crumpled mass upon the floor.

Nido drew back, dropping out of stance as he licked at the blood within reach of his tongue, savoring the metallic taste. Adrenaline began to flow like the tides of the arctic wind around the arena as Nido felt the battle truly begin its vicious course.

Posted by Moonblood

The sharp sour of his blood trickled to his taste budds prempting the dyed spit Malichi sent to the floor.
crimson ripples danced the tight air as he rose letting the heavy hood glide backward on his silk hair.

Nido saw the intense pools of emerald in the gaunt light as the shadow peeled backward on Malichi's face. Grey bending spires of Malichi's horns as the fabric slid from them. Crimson smears streaked his stone hand & with a flick beaded & streamed to the floor.

"Now we begin."

Stale air churned & threw folds of crimson lashing as Malichi blurred forward. The pass of Malichi's stone fist blurred across Nido's face has his hand instincivley redirected the blow.

In midstride Malichi swept into Nido's gaurd hunched into the momenteum & thrust his head through the gap of Nido's arms. A deffening crunch acompanied the reeling impact of Malichi's skull sent ashocking pulse through Nido's temple to the base of his neck.

The quick jerk of Malichi's grip forced Nido's head downward. Nido watched the thrusting blurr of Malichi's knee. Blood exploded from the nose as the bridge bent against bone. With an upward throw a scond knee slammed Nido's head back as Malichi rose into the gaunt air.

Time suspended it seemed forever as Nido caught Malichi's movements through the pain of his nose. Malichi pulled his knees to his chest & threw them out downward driving the air from Nido's chest as Malichi's weight forced him to the marble. There was a resistance on the marbles surface until Malichi's weight landed heavy. The marble folded & groaned splitting & breaking itself to the shape of Nido's uper body as it forcably sank into the marble.

Malichi threw his body foreward & snapped his knees to his chest propelling him in a sumersault. Landing gracefully he turned to his opponent in the ground into the marble floor.

Posted by Chiaroscuro

OoC: I apologize for the delay. I have been helping a friend in serious emotional need out of town. I will reply this Saturday, 10-15-05. Thanks.

Posted by Moonblood

no prob man, take your time

Posted by Chiaroscuro

OoC: I'm terribly sorry but I don't have any other option but to put this fight on hold. Not for long, I hope. I simply have too much going on in too small a frame of time. I assure you, though, that I will not abandon this. Consider it postponed, for the moment.

Again, my apologies for this inconvenience.

Posted by Moonblood

np dude I will happily wait