MEDIEVIL RESSERECTION!!!

Posted by dylananisa

sorry if the title is wrong...well back to the topic MR is a fun game so far I like the graphics and the sound also I like the cutscens at the beginning the genie one not the sorcerror one...sorry about the spelling if its wrong.

Posted by G-Sides

Wait wait, we're talking about that old PS game with the skeleton dude and all

right?

Posted by dylananisa

yes...

Posted by Boner

The proper spelling is 'medieval resurrection'. Seriously, don't people know how to use spell check?

Posted by dylananisa

my computer does not have spell check thats the only thing that sucks about it

Posted by psp

Quoting Opeth: The proper spelling is 'medieval resurrection'. Seriously, don't people know how to use spell check?

Actually, he got the spelling right. That is the way the title of the game is spelled. Yes, it is really medieval, but the title of the game spells it differently.

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

He quite possibly was referring to 'resserection'.

I've played a demo for the original psone version, and have always meant to purchase the game, but haven't come across it. I didn't even know that a psp version was being made, but I also don't have a psp, so that could explain things. If I did have one, though, I'd probably check it out.

Posted by dylananisa

[url]www.1up.com[/url] they will help u out search for dylananisa there

Posted by Klarth

reviews say it's terrible.

Posted by dylananisa

WHAT BUT ITS FUN!!!!!!

Posted by Vampire Slayer

So what do the Reviews say about it? I was thinking about picking it up, but if its just another half-assed action game for the PSP then forget about it.

Posted by Klarth

Makes no use of the psp's hardware apart from a 16:9 ratio, has PSone graphical quality.

Posted by dylananisa

no but its a fun puzzle game im stil haveing trouble at the enchanted woods.

Posted by Vampire Slayer

Does anyone have GI? Have they talked about it yet and if so what did they say? Also what kinds of ratings is it getting in other magazines and on websites? I would check myself but I'm currently at my grandmothers house and her computer can't load a lot of sites cause its not very good.

Posted by dylananisa

???

Posted by Vampire Slayer

What scores are reviewers giving it?

Posted by Velvet Nightmare

Wait, guys:

This game blows.

Lock, plx k thx.

Posted by KoH

.. If it's a PSone game... why exactly is it here? And on top of that... even if your computer had autocorrect it doesn't mean that what you type here would be autocorrected.

Posted by dylananisa

i closed this thred

Posted by Velvet Nightmare

Quoting dylananisa: i closed this thred

What the fück are you talking about?

Posted by dylananisa

I closed this thread last night

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

And you did a **** good job of it.

Posted by WILLETH FOR MONTHS

I got this game with my PSP, and to be honest, it gets more play time than Wipeout Pure and Lumines put together.

Yes, okay, it's a port of a game from a previous-gen console with slightly improved graphics and a little bit extra thrown in - namely, mini games.

So what? That's exactly what Nintendo did with Mario 64 DS (and for now I'm going to ignore the fact that the DS is inferior to the PSP graphics and power-wise, just for the sake of comparison). What emerges is actually a solid game chock-full of that British humour we all know and love.

Who cares if it's a PS1 game? That doesn't change the fact that it's an extremely sound and polished game, in my opinion. The controls can feel a wee bit clunky at first, yes, and the swordplay takes a little getting used to. But once you've spent maybe ten, fifteen minutes on the first two levels, it just clicks and it's as fulfilling as any other puzzle/adventure game, if not more so.

The loading screens take your mind off the (relatively small) loading times with excellent humour, as I mentioned before - such gems as 'Dan's Crypt - the best place to go if you're looking for a dead Dan' and 'Scarecrow Fields - prepare to be scared, if you're a crow' give you that little giggle that's so useful when you propel yourself into the madness of some of the levels.

No, it's not as good as some others that could be mentioned, mainly because it's level-and-map based, as opposed to the pseudo freeroam that a title such as Zelda gives (bear with me on the Nintendo comparisons, by the way, I used to be a nothing-bar-Ninty fanboy) but it's just as addictive. The trouble with videogame reviewers is that they tend to be too elitist and nitpick over every single fault in a game, and hence mark it down from a total - instead of finding the good points and mark it up to a score.

The opponent targeting system is comparable to the likes of GTA, possibly even better. The puzzles in it are just on the easy side (at least, at the start of the game) but the game itself is just hard enough to kill you several times in a level, while still making you want to go back in and slaughter that damn spinning scarecrow.

Seriously, please - don't condemn this game just because of graphical capability or the fact that it's old (or the fact that certain people in the thread who DO like it appear to be total morons). It's brilliant. When I first picked it up I was worried I'd made a mistake, but its few faults you can get past and get into the game quite easily. In fact, I think I'll go and put in a bit of time on it now...