Recent RPGs

Posted by Inferno

I was looking to buy a game the other day and I was really in the mood for an RPG but I had no idea if any of the recent ones are any good. So I was wondering if there have been any RPGs released in the past year or so that are any good. I've played all of the older ones but I haven't been able to keep up with anything new. I don't even know if there have been any released in the past year. And if there aren't any recent games that are any good, when does the next promising one come out? I pretty much fell off the RPG scene for a while so I have no idea what's going on.

Posted by Xenos

Hm, I can't really think of any good -recent- RPGs games, to be honest. I can give you good PSI and PSII games, but I don't think you are referring to that...

Posted by Klarth

If you own a Gamecube, I advise checking out Tales of Symphonia. It's got a pretty good plot.

Posted by Inferno

Yeah, I had a friend recommend that the other day so I'll probably give it a try. I don't really know much about it though so I don't know what to expect.

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

More recent? Have you checked out Shadow Hearts: Covenant? I haven't played through it all, myself, but from what I had played so far, it seems pretty good.

Then there's always the original Baldur's Gate for computer. :cool:

Posted by Inferno

I forgot all about both of those. And actually, I think my roommate has Baldur's Gate. Alright, what other RPGs exist for systems other than SNES, PS1 & 2 that might be worth ebaying or something? I have pretty much every console except a dream cast and I do want to expand my collection of older stuff.

Posted by boomstick

Try Knights Of The Old Republic I & II and Jade Empire, two execellent choice-based games made by Bioware.

Posted by The Punisher

Tales of Symphonia or if you are willing to pay some money check out World of Warcraft, theres an online fee of 14.50 monthly I do belive.

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

Quoting Inferno: I forgot all about both of those. And actually, I think my roommate has Baldur's Gate. Alright, what other RPGs exist for systems other than SNES, PS1 & 2 that might be worth ebaying or something? I have pretty much every console except a dream cast and I do want to expand my collection of older stuff.

Definitely play BG.

And since the RPG's that I play on consoles are pretty much all for PS2, all that I can name are Baldur's Gate II: Shadows of Amn, Icewind Dale, and from what I've played of Neverwinter Nights, I'd check that out as well (all of which are for PC, btw).

...But if you would like more PS2 suggestions, check out Disgaea: Hour of Darkness, La Pucelle Tactics (haven't completed it, but it's good so far), Drakan: The Ancients' Gates, and Jade Cocoon II.