Revolution Controller extension mock-ups

Posted by Drewboy64

The revote has extensions, we all know, but do you have any concepts of them? They can be serious or stupid.

Here is one of mine:
[IMG]http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b258/SpikyBry/DualNunchuckustylecopy.jpg[/IMG]

With this you could do some sort of punching game with 4 players, or a drumming game with 4. plus, maybe you could have a first person RPG where you have a shield and a sword in each hand.

Edit:

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b258/SpikyBry/DualNunchuckustyleconcept2copy.jpg
Here's another concept of the dual nunchuck thing. It's not that good of a photoshop job, but whatever. It has an analog stick, so you would just need to buy this rather than the actual analog attachment, because it also has a sensor.

And please, don't derep people just because you think their idea is something you wouldn't buy, you *******s.

Posted by brownoystercult

Guys, this is getting out of hand. Please make one official Revolution thread.

Not a pretty bad idea, either, DB.

Posted by Lord of Spam

That isnt a peripheral, its just a second controller with less buttons. Thats a terrible idea. Why make people pay what would be pretty much the same price (maybe a few dollars less) when ytou could jsut require them to have 2 controllers? They would save money by not buying a lame peripheral that only got used on a few games, plaus they would have more controllers for games that only required one. Seriously, did you think about that with any logical thought before you ms painted it?

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Posted by Wicked Sushi

I think that controller thing is a lame idea, but whatever.

Quoting Lord of Spam: They would save money by not buying a lame peripheral that only got used on a few games

Dance Aerobic Pad
R.O.B
Kongos
Power Glove
Mic for the N64
Mic for the GameCube
Transfer Pack for the N64

Tell Nintendo. :cool:

Posted by Lord of Spam

Vamp, if you found a way to make the accel/deccel bottons pressure sensitive, that seems like it would be a great race wheel.

Posted by Burrito

I tink the steering wheel is pointless when you could turn the controller sideways and steer it like a steering wheel. The gun and the wheel are just for people that have no imagination.

Posted by Wicked Sushi

Quoting Burrito: I tink the steering wheel is pointless when you could turn the controller sideways and steer it like a steering wheel. The gun and the wheel are just for people that have no imagination.

It's easier to steer a wheel than a remote. Same with the gun.

It would be smarter to have the accel/deccel as the triggers and the shifts as the buttons. In my opinion anyways.

Quoted post: I tink the steering wheel is pointless when you could turn the controller sideways and steer it like a steering wheel. The gun and the wheel are just for people that have no imagination.

A) it's easier B) It feels more real. Just another way to draw you into the game.

Posted by Burrito

I'm going to have to go ahead and disagree with you there. It may be a little bit easier, but sounds like it would be a waste of money. Attachements should open up new things with the controller. It would be better if the gun was seperated from the remote. THat way, you could move with the remote and shoot with the gun. That still wouldn't be that different from using the nunchaku attachement, though.

Posted by Lord of Spam

Quoting Vampiro: It would be smarter to have the accel/deccel as the triggers and the shifts as the buttons. In my opinion anyways.

If you did that, the only way you could make it better would be to make it easier to turn more than 90 degrees, to be more like a real car wheel. (Most car wheels turn around 2.5 times each way, as opposed to .25 like most game wheels, for all you nondrivers out there.)

Quoted post: If you did that, the only way you could make it better would be to make it easier to turn more than 90 degrees, to be more like a real car wheel. (Most car wheels turn around 2.5 times each way, as opposed to .25 like most game wheels, for all you nondrivers out there.)

Eh, it's not like there's a need in most driving games to turn your wheel that much.

Posted by Lord of Spam

I know, the point is for sensitivity. Requiring you to turn the wheel that much to achieve the same means that each degree of wheel turned means less of a movement, which allows for greatere accuracy. Its similar to playing a FPS with your mouse sensitivity at a low setting.

That, and if you are used to driving, you may have the natural inclination to tilt it more than 90 degrees, at which time you are wasting your effort. But it is a solid idea with the accel/gear switch.

Posted by Osic

Who says you cant adjust sensitivty and turn it 15 times to go around a corner, if thats your thing.

Posted by Lord of Spam

Its a lot easier to turn a wheel if its fixed to soemthing, which that controller is not. Since you would have to actually hold it up while taking your hands off it to place them at the required points to spin it, it would be rather clumsy, and I would anticipate lots of people dropping it.

Posted by Spaz

Quoting Lord of Spam: Its a lot easier to turn a wheel if its fixed to soemthing, which that controller is not. Since you would have to actually hold it up while taking your hands off it to place them at the required points to spin it, it would be rather clumsy, and I would anticipate lots of people dropping it.

I think it's whoever's holding it. I don't know about you, but I don't ever lose control on any steering wheel, whether I'm driving or using a videogame peripheral.

Nonetheless, those images are awesome Vamp.

Posted by Mystic Hero

Now all they need is one that looks like a light saber for Star Wars games.

Posted by VirtualRealityZone

This is an IGN mockup of the "cradle"

[IMG]http://cubemedia.ign.com/cube/image/article/651/651559/understanding-the-revolution-controller-20050916041026412-000.jpg[/IMG]

Posted by Drewboy64

I made a sketch of a pressure-sensitive grip that could attach to the controller. This would be perfect for a Starwars game - you can wave the controller around to fight with the lightsaber/aim your gun/aim your Force. Then you could choke-grip someone by aiming at him, pressing A and squeezing on the grip. That's just one example.
[IMG]http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b258/SpikyBry/controllersketch.jpg[/IMG]
The grip would slide on perfectly and would be stable because of a plastic layer underneath the grip. On the bottom, there is a plug-in section.

Posted by Lord of Spam

Quoting Drewboy64: ugh, please don't be an *** and de-rep people just because you dont like their design. It doesn't matter if its a good idea or not.

I made a sketch of a pressure-sensitive grip that could attach to the controller. This would be perfect for a Starwars game - you can wave the controller around to fight with the lightsaber/aim your gun/aim your Force. Then you could choke-grip someone by aiming at him, pressing A and squeezing on the grip. That's just one example.
[IMG]http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b258/SpikyBry/controllersketch.jpg[/IMG]
The grip would slide on perfectly and would be stable because of a plastic layer underneath the grip. On the bottom, there is a plug-in section.

A peripheral that allows you to choke people is not only kickas[i]b[]i[/][/b]s, but would sell well too.

Quoting Spaz: I think it's whoever's holding it. I don't know about you, but I don't ever lose control on any steering wheel, whether I'm driving or using a videogame peripheral.

Nonetheless, those images are awesome Vamp.

Becuase all the wheel you use are attached to things, silly.

Posted by verystrait42

SON OF A ***** THEY SCREWED UP THE CONTROLLER SO BAD!!! AND IM EVEN A NINTENDO FANBOY!!!

Posted by Prince Shondronai

Then you're not a very good one. Do some research on all of the possibilities of the controller, and check out the extra options Nintendo has open for more traditional control schemes.

Posted by Drewboy64

How could you be a nintendo fanboy and not like that idea? You need to read about it. And dang, online SSB would be really fun.

Posted by Bebop

Quoting verystrait42: SON OF A ***** THEY SCREWED UP THE CONTROLLER SO BAD!!! AND IM EVEN A NINTENDO FANBOY!!!

I must ask you what you thought the controller would have actually been like? If it were like any other run-of-mill-Sony controller you'd be flaming Nintendo for not being revolutionary, yet when they do provide something munique you claim it's been ruined possibly becuase it's too unique.

Seriously, it's like Nintendo can never please anyone. If they are too orginal they get flamed for not being unoriginal enough and vice versa.

Posted by Drewboy64

people should appreciate Nintendo's new controllers and the extensions. You aren't going to pay alot for the extensions because they aren't going to make too much.

Posted by Speedfreak

Chances are you'll pay nothing for them, they're cheap enough to package with games.

Posted by Drewboy64

I would love for them to be at least cheap, but if they do come free with games or something, that would be even better. Anyway... any more ideas?

Posted by Drewboy64

http://cube.ign.com/articles/653/653867p1.html

Some new IGN gun mockups.

Posted by Drewboy64

http://cube.ign.com/articles/655/655822p1.html
More IGN mockups of a "chargin station" (Nintendo said they were not sure on the power source)

Posted by chimaira

for those ungrateful to this genius idea, let's turn back to the double-dildo of a controller for the PS3.

Posted by Speedfreak

People make fun of the DVD remote shape. What I find even funnier is the fact that Sony and Microsoft think this generation's controllers are the absolute pinnacle of gaming interfaces, which is why they haven't improved on it at all.

Quoted post: What I find even funnier is the fact that Sony and Microsoft think this generation's controllers are the absolute pinnacle of gaming interfaces, which is why they haven't improved on it at all.

I must concur.

Though, I see that more as a cop-out, really. Just gives them an excuse to stick with what they have, without having to face any negative criticism about why they haven't even bothered to improve their controllers.

Posted by Drewboy64

Yeah, I agree. Anyhow, any more mockups...?

Here are a bunch that I found on google... http://www.4colorrebellion.com/revolution-controller-mockups/

Quoting Drewboy64: Yeah, I agree. Anyhow, any more mockups...?

Here are a bunch that I found on google... http://www.4colorrebellion.com/revolution-controller-mockups/

http://img54.imageshack.us/img54/4598/revshell7tt2cg.jpg

Because that wouldn't be awkward to hold, right?

Posted by ExoXile

Ugh, this ones just fearsome:

Posted by muffla

i still like the original idea with the black controler (#46 or around there) where u can move the buttons where ever u want

im not saing that this is bad i like it i really do
just like on g4 they were sain u see the controler and are a little bumed out but then you start to think of all the possabilites and get reall excited

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=Vampiro][URL="http://img54.imageshack.us/img54/4598/revshell7tt2cg.jpg"]http://img54.imageshack.us/img54/4598/revshell7tt2cg.jpg[/URL]

Because that wouldn't be awkward to hold, right?

That one's just like the one I thought up. It'd work better if the shell was slightly bigger to cover up the corners.

Posted by KoH

It's true! Speedy did one exactly like that... in MS Paint... very horrible looking, but still the same design!

Posted by Drewboy64

Yeah, I saw taht too. I think an idea with configurable touchscreen buttons would be cool. But of course I love the actual idea.
I really wish they would add a motion sensor on the analog attachment too or something. It would work really good with a sword fighting game.

Quoted post: Yeah, I saw taht too. I think an idea with configurable touchscreen buttons would be cool. But of course I love the actual idea.

You don't get that tactile sensation though. It'll make it a big of a pain in the *** to press buttons while looking at the screen.

Posted by ExoXile

Quoting Vampiro: It'll make it a big of a pain in the *** to press buttons while looking at the screen.

Very much so.
After all we remember the buttons becuse they're bumped!

Posted by Drewboy64

That's true, although I was thinking more of a custom design for someone's controller that they stick with. But again that wouldn't work because some of the games would require different controls.

Are there any more mockups?

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=ExoXile]Very much so.
After all we remember the buttons becuse they're bumped!

And because they DON'T CHANGE.