We Love Katamari

Posted by Azusa

So We Love Katamari comes out tommorrow in the United States. I was wondering what most of you thought about the original, and if any of you are planning on purchasing it's sequel. They've added three size "scopes" to the new game, as well as two player co-operative mode, new character selections and enviroments, etc. etc. I'm not sure about the rest of you, but I thought Katamari Damacy was both incredibly original and catchy, and cannot wait to buy We Love Katamari. I'd buy it for The King of the Cosmos alone.

Discuss.

Posted by brownoystercult

I'd really like to try out the co-op mode. Sounds challenging, though interesting at the same time.

Anyway, I hope the tracks are still fresh and it brings as much to the table as the first one did. Actually, I still haven't beaten the first one.

*goes off to play*

Posted by Fate

I wasn't keeping track of the release date. I wonder if it's still going to be twenty bucks.

Posted by brownoystercult

Quoting Fate: I wasn't keeping track of the release date. I wonder if it's still going to be twenty bucks.

It's thirty.

Posted by Lord of Spam

If I had the cash, I'd snatch it up in a second.

I loved the oddness fo the first one; that sort of delightful insanity that only the Japanese seem to be able to pull off well really amuses me.

That being said, the original's multiplayer was kinda weak, but with the new versions addition of not only co-op, but actual competition on levels of the game, it should be much more enjoyable.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Not getting it. I loved the original, but there's not enough new material to warrant a pruchase. Plus, there's like eight games that are coming out this week that I want more.

Posted by Big Boss

I'll get it; I just don't know when. With games like Ultimate Spider-Man and X-Men Legends 2 in the horizon, plus the eventual releases of Kingdom Hearts II and Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence, PLUS my desire to replay Final Fantasy VII after the orgasmic experience that was FFVII: Advent Children, I don't see how I'll get rolling with the Prince this holiday season.

Quoting Fate: I wasn't keeping track of the release date. I wonder if it's still going to be twenty bucks.

Hahaha, you advertise GN. Lame.

Posted by Speedfreak

Is it more than 2 hours long? :(

Posted by Echo

Huh, I didn't even realise it was coming out so soon. I'd really like to buy it, but right now the next $30 I'm spending is marked for Advance Wars: Dual Strike. Maybe for Christmas, though.

Posted by Azusa

Yeah, I didn't even realize it was coming out today until I googled the release date out of curiosity. I'm not even sure I would buy it just yet if it were fifty bucks, but thirty is an acceptable price for a new game, and I really don't have any other games I am looking forward to buying other than X-Men Legends 2. I should probably find out when that's coming out, as well. :/

Posted by Aioros

Quoting Speedfreak: Is it more than 2 hours long? :(

[COLOR=Yellow]WTF?[/COLOR]

Posted by Speedfreak

I beat the original in like a weekend. I realise there's oppertunity for high scores, but I never really cared about high scores unless getting them earned me something. :-/

Posted by Azusa

I bought it two days ago. Actually, the game does seem a lot longer than before. Your whole objective is answering the requests of Katamari Damacy fans. It makes alittle more sense than the original, but not by much. There are fans that say things like "Oh my *** it's the King of the Cosmos, I'd love to feel your chin" and things of that nature. I like it, it's considerably more fun than the first, and definitely worth buying.

Posted by Prince Shondronai

So if I were to make a topic about The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess on this board, it wouldn't get moved to the GAMECUBE board, then?

Posted by Echo

Quoting Prince Shondronai: So if I were to make a topic about The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess on this board, it wouldn't get moved to the GAMECUBE board, then?

Oh, right. Moved.

Posted by Dark Link

Quoting Azusa: I bought it two days ago. Actually, the game does seem a lot longer than before. Your whole objective is answering the requests of Katamari Damacy fans. It makes alittle more sense than the original, but not by much. There are fans that say things like "Oh my *** it's the King of the Cosmos, I'd love to feel your chin" and things of that nature. I like it, it's considerably more fun than the first, and definitely worth buying.

Yeah, basically it's like that. Just go around answering requests for people, Thing is though...you MUST make them happy by completeing their two requests. If you fail to make them, well, let's say "You can't beat the game"
The first request is ABAP (As Big As Possible) 2nd request is AFAP (As Fast as Possible). Some people give requests to get as many of a certain object in said time. You also get those Shooting stars for the two requests as well.
Even if you beat the game, there's still "Collecting all the Prince's Cousins" and Getting The King of all Cosmos. It may be a spoiler, but you can get him in the final level, but he's INSANELY hard to get.

IMO It's WAY longer than 2 hours from what Speed said.
You should get it