Children of bodom

Posted by project101

Man I love these guys who here agrees and if not well then F**k you then

Posted by Richaod

Wow, nice way to get your opinion across.

I've already downloaded Are You Dead Yet?, and yes, it's been leaked like many other recent albums. I don't really see things from the perspective of the legions of Hatebreeder-worshipping fans, so I still really like it. The song Punch Me I Bleed is pretty solo-oriented too. Alexi's vocals seem a bit more "extreme" and less... "human" like on Hate Crew Deathroll/Oops I Did It Again.

Posted by Pit

I only like their Aces High and Trooper cover.

Posted by The Punisher

I love COB, There impressive, and Alexis vocals are wonderful. But the whole eff you thing you added at the end project101, thats not cool. Let people have their own oppions.

Posted by Richaod

Quoting Pit: I only like their Aces High and Trooper cover.

They didn't actually cover The Trooper, that was by another band.

Hehehe, I've never met anyone who actually likes Alexi's vocals. I think they're better (on Hate Crew Deathroll mainly) than general (pseudo-)death vocals, but that's only because they sound more "human", as I said before.

Posted by The Punisher

Actualy his vocals remind me more of a southern black metal style singing. Wich is vary rare lol.

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

one of the few harmonic death metal bands, or any death metal bands, that doesn't sound like total *** :)

Posted by MetalVox~55

Quoting project101: Man I love these guys who here agrees and if not well then F**k you then

Kissing the Shadow is the only Bodom song i can enjoy anymore. The rest of it just sounds the same and Alexi's solos aren't as exciting as they used to be.

Posted by Klarth

They're almost as bad as Cradle of Filth. Like, really, really awful. Terrible. Bad. Tasteless.

Posted by Ex-Linkman

Children of Bodom has maybe...2 songs I can stand. One being a remake of a Britney Spears song which was funny. Cradle of Filth is just noise. The type of noise that gives the Metal genre a bad name.

Posted by MetalVox~55

Quoting Klarth: They're almost as bad as Cradle of Filth. Like, really, really awful. Terrible. Bad. Tasteless.

Nah, not true. CoB's older stuff is actually pretty kick ***. It's just they've become watered down since Follow the Reaper :(

Posted by -Shadow-

I love Children of Bodom!

They are my favorite metal band!!!

Posted by Inferno

Children of Bodom is an alright band and Follow the Reaper is definitely an incredible CD. Children of Decadence and Every Time I Die are both fantastic and I absolutely love the sound of their guitar solos. I'm not that big of a fan of the vocals but they're tolerable.

Posted by project101

HAHA yes my plan worked the f you thing was to get drepped and it worked hurray for meee and lake bodom is the greatest song ever by CoB

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Quoted post: HAHA yes my plan worked the f you thing was to get drepped and it worked hurray for meee

bol

Posted by The Punisher

Why try and get demoted? Its kinda dumb, and pointless. Anyways Children of Bodom are releasing albums quite frequently, I think maybe if they took a small break, smoked some things that might possibly grow in the ground, and then revised some stuff they could be a lot better. Still I realy realy like them.

Posted by Shin-Ra

I dislike their style and find their lyrical content to usually be ridiculous. Not a band I enjoy the least bit. Oh, and for ****'s sake people, stop calling them black metal.

Quoted post: Oh, and for ****'s sake people, stop calling them black metal.

QUOTED FOR EMPHASIS

Posted by The Punisher

Yeah, there Meldoic Death Metal im guessing. Anyways at least there guitars are awsome, and sorry you dont like them Shin-ra do you want a cookie? Seriously dude i have a cookie, yeah. Anyways and i do agree with you, im sorry there lyrics are just dumb, but I do like there music.

Quoted post: Yeah, there Meldoic Death Metal im guessing.

Speed. You got the the vocals about right, just not the actual music.

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

melodic

Posted by Shin-Ra

Quoting The Punisher: Shin-ra do you want a cookie? Seriously dude i have a cookie, yeah.

Don't be a condescending ass. I didn't rip on the band, I just said I don't like them and explained why. I'm not much on technical guitar wankering for some reason. Hence why Gothenburg Death Metal, most prog metal, and bands such as CoB get on my nerves.

But hey, if you like them then I highly suggest listening to Arsis if you haven't already. It's fairly similar, but not neccessarily a clone. Good stuff.

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

I think philsdad has us all beat, by the way

Posted by The Punisher

OMG I LOVE YOU SHIN-RA!!! Arsis are one of my favorite bands. My cuzin is friends with james the singer/lead guitarist. There one of my favorite bands... Thank *** you know who they are... I thought i was alone in the world. Anyways dude, i wasnt trying to be an ***, I was just realy realy bored.

Posted by MetalVox~55

Quoting Shin-Ra: I'm not much on technical guitar wankering for some reason. Hence why Gothenburg Death Metal, most prog metal, and bands such as CoB get on my nerves.

You're fired :(

Now he can work for me :D

Posted by The Punisher

*confused* Anyways yeah, Its all good. This topic is going severly off topic now, but then again it doesnt matter, most threads on this forum have or soon will go off topic, so yeah. Anyways like I said, if they would take a a year or so, take a break, write some music in the mean time, and make it unbelivabley insane, add some samples and it could be like Bodom reinvents its self.

Quoted post: *confused* Anyways yeah, Its all good. This topic is going severly off topic now, but then again it doesnt matter, most threads on this forum have or soon will go off topic, so yeah

Every thread on every board eventually goes off topic. Unless you have a nazi community.

Quoted post: Anyways like I said, if they would take a a year or so, take a break, write some music in the mean time, and make it unbelivabley insane, add some samples and it could be like Bodom reinvents its self.

Doubt it, they would probably stray even more from their original sound.

Posted by The Punisher

Yeah thats true. I dont know then. I honestly hope they dont end up like Mettalica did. In my own Oppion Saint Anger was the worst album ive ever listend to. I just dont want the same fate to be upon Children of Bodom. But to me when I listen to it, there seems to be a lot of talent there.

Posted by Shin_Akuma

Children Of Bodom is alright, not a big fan of the vocals..but I like in the instrument part to it. Bed Of Razors is my avorite song from them.

Posted by The Punisher

Havent listend to that song yet, I realy like Hate Crew Death Roll, even though the name doesnt make any sence I think its a pretty good album, chokehold is probaly the best song on there, Sixpounder the only single from it wasnt as great as it should have been.

Posted by MetalVox~55

Quoting Vampiro: Doubt it, they would probably stray even more from their original sound.

Agreed. Bodom has become more progressively weak over the past few albums :(

Posted by The Punisher

Sigh, so you forsee no hope in Bodom at all?

Oh, there's hope. Just not much. Bands tend to continue to stray from their original sound and never go back. Of course, there are exceptions, just not many.

Posted by The Punisher

I hope Slipknot go back to their orginal sound, but its not likly. But hopefully Bodom will.

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

I think their new sound and their old sound rock, frankly. His voice sounds better to me in the new album.

Quoted post: I hope Slipknot go back to their orginal sound, but its not likly. But hopefully Bodom will.

Eh, not that I feel like discussing them... but they clearly won't. From what I've seen, it looks like they're trying to get away from the image they've created with the masks. If they do that, there's no chance whatsoever, not even 1%.

Posted by -Shadow-

Quoting Vampiro: Eh, not that I feel like discussing them... but they clearly won't. From what I've seen, it looks like they're trying to get away from the image they've created with the masks. If they do that, there's no chance whatsoever, not even 1%.

Which is good because I like the new direction they're going in. I'm not a huge Slipknot fan, but I really liked Subliminal Verses. Their older stuff is ok, but I'm starting to like them more and more. I really hope Corey Taylor does some more stuff with Stone Sour though....

Quoted post: Which is good because I like the new direction they're going in. I'm not a huge Slipknot fan, but I really liked Subliminal Verses. Their older stuff is ok, but I'm starting to like them more and more. I really hope Corey Taylor does some more stuff with Stone Sour though....

I'm not a fan of either sound, really. But, I do perfer their old one. With a bit more polish, and better lyrics, it may not be soo bad. The main problem with their new album is Corey's voice, which is fairly horrible, and really weak. However, I will admit that I did enjoy their accoustic songs. Not the best I've heard, but not bad either.

Maybe a mix of both would make me like them more. *shrugs*

Posted by The Punisher

Quoting -Shadow-: Which is good because I like the new direction they're going in. I'm not a huge Slipknot fan, but I really liked Subliminal Verses. Their older stuff is ok, but I'm starting to like them more and more. I really hope Corey Taylor does some more stuff with Stone Sour though....

They have a new album coming out in January 06 i think.

Posted by -Shadow-

Quoting Vampiro:
Maybe a mix of both would make me like them more. *shrugs*

Have you heard "The Nameless" yet? I think it sort of blends those two sounds together quite well. (Probably why it's one of my favorite tracks on Subliminal Verses)

Posted by The Punisher

Im more found of older stuff, but lets get back on topic shall we? Anyways Bodom....

Posted by -Shadow-

Quoting The Punisher: Im more found of older stuff, but lets get back on topic shall we? Anyways Bodom....

Haha, right, My favorite.

Their sound has changed a little each album, and every album so far has kicked ***. I still need to pick up the new one. I'll probably do that this weekend.

Posted by The Punisher

Same here, ill get around to it, and i just realized im wearing the Hatecrew Deathroll tour shirt.

Quoted post: Have you heard "The Nameless" yet? I think it sort of blends those two sounds together quite well. (Probably why it's one of my favorite tracks on Subliminal Verses)

I own the album... but once again, the vocals really hurt the song.

Posted by The Punisher

So if Coreys vocals were like say Chris Barnes... heh would you like it more?

Of Cannibal Corpse/Six Feet Under? Hahahaha, no. I don't like his Death vocals.

Posted by The Punisher

heh yeah when he was in canibal, some of the early stuff like hammer smashed face, he dindt pronunciate.