Which Do you Plan on Buying?

Posted by Random

Now that we're learning more about the Future Systems, i'm curious to see which consoles you plan on purchasing. It doesn't have to be in any specific order and i'll leave the poll up for aslong as this threads still good.

*Notice the choice of multiple answers if they are needed*

*Edit* Eh.. I was gonna wait to post my opinion but I might as well post it now. I plan on purchasing the 360 for sure. Infact I already have it paid off. The Revolution is a probable for purchasing. The Controller thing i'm not too fond of but theres been talk about using another controller so i'll probably purchase it. The PS3 I doubt i'll pick up. It's hardware is pretty beasty but for the most part, most of the better games for the PS3 are basically on the 360. With the exception of a few games such as MGS 4 which I want to have, but I can always borrow a friends PS3 for that. Who knows, I may pick up a PS3 anyways. I myself like to own each so I can try them out for myself instead of listening to biased opinions.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Meh, eventually all three. Both the 360 and Rev on launch, and the PS3 after a few price-drops.

Posted by Boner

There are still tons of games I have been wanting to check out on the PS2, but have simply not had the time.

I will probably check out the Revolution first.

Posted by Axis

First off I'll be buying an Xbox 360. I almost have the thing paid off, too. Everything I've seen on the 360 I've been pleased with. At launch I will be buying Perfect Dark Zero, Oblivion, Kameo, PGR3, and Ridge Racer 6. As for the Revolution I do plan on buying it....as of now. First off I'm going to need to see some games but I'm sure that I'll have no problem being impressed/excited about them, that area Nintendo has never failed me. The Revolution doesn't sound like it's going to be one hell of an expensive system, either. As for the PS3 I'm not sure, I didn't play games that much on the PS2 and didn't like a majority of them. Also, I've heard crazy quotes for Ken that "You will have to work overtime to get a PS3" which honestly doesn't sound to assuring to me. If the PS3 controller is really comftorable and I actually see some exciting games, then after a price drop I might pick one up. As of now though it's a 'no'.

Posted by Mystic Hero

I know for sure I am buying the 360 when it comes out. I hope to get the Revolution sometime later after its launch and maybe the PS3. The two I want most are the 360 and Rev. I don't care much for the PS3.

Posted by Alastor

Probably a Rev first, depending on whether or not the games prove to be fun. Whether or not I get a Rev, I'll atleast be getting a 360. It'll be a while, though. Gotta get a job and buy it myself. Besides, I only got my Xbox in July, so I can manage without a 360 for a while.

Posted by Spaz

I'll be picking up the revolution on launch, money's a little tight here so I'm going to hold out and save. I'll pick up the revolution and probably a couple more controllers/nun-chaku setups for it, and the games I'm interested in.

Posted by Random

Yeah we also don't know how much the Revolution will be. I presume it'll be the cheapest which will be nice for the buyers. The 360 really isn't that high priced come to think of it. The Playstation 2 launched at $300 with just 1 controller and no memory. The XBox360 core is $300 with a controller and no memory. So it's really not that bad. It's kind of like a slap to sony. The Playstation 3 we also don't know the price. We speculate it to be high, but they might try to go for low to compete with Microsofts probably cheaper console.

Quoted post: The Playstation 3 we also don't know the price. We speculate it to be high, but they might try to go for low to compete with Microsofts probably cheaper console.

Doesn't sound like they really care.

Either way, the Rev will probably be around $250 or less

Posted by Random

That is what I presume about the Revolution.. Y'know working in the game retailing, it sickens me a lot for pre ordering. We're out of 360 pre orders and have been or weeks, but i've asked people which future console they plan on picking up. To no ones suprise it's the PS3. i normally ask why, and they say for GTA, Resident Evil, Final Fantasy and MGS. Even after I pointed out that most of those games aren't exclusive titles or won't be, they still were like oh well i'll pick up a PS3 over the others. And even after you mention the price that maybe higher their still stubborn. Why are people so stubborn? i'm not saying i'm anti PS3 nor am I saying I hate the PS3. I don't know much about the PS3. It might redeem Sony in my eyes. I thought the PS was the 2nd best console ever, then when the PS2 had been released and after a while, i don't find much for the PS2 worthy of picking up.

WHY ARE PEOPLE SO STUBBORN!?

Posted by Prince Shondronai

It'd be lovely if I wouldn't have to buy a ps3. SquareEnix has already announced that they're going multi-platform with more of their titles, and hopefully enough other developers will do the same so that all I'll need is an X-box 360 to play all of the 3rd-party games that I want. I'll be picking up the Revolution first of the three, though. Nintendo has always been, and always will be my top priority.

Posted by Klarth

Gonna get the Revo first, I guess, what with being a nintendo fanboy and all. Maybe I'll pick up a PS3 towards the end of its life.

Posted by Drewboy64

Revolution.

Posted by Azusa

I was planning on buying a PS3, but I just found out how much it will cost, so that idea is shot for now. I may buy the Revolution if it is cost-effective...but I have no interest in the 360.

Posted by inequity

As of right now, its the revolution at launch. PS3 sometime after. And I doubt I'll get the 360 at all.

Posted by ExoXile

Revolution, the controller is innovative enugh.
And couldn't miss out the Zelda games, and so.. i'm a Nintendo-er!

Posted by Demonizer

Nintendo Revolution

Posted by Drewboy64

I was just wondering, how many of you are from America? Because it seems like a LOT of people want the Rev compared to the others, but at my school tons of people say they want the 360.

Posted by Prince Shondronai

I'm a bloody, sodding American, I am. 'Struth!

Posted by Axis

Quoting Azusa: I was planning on buying a PS3, but I just found out how much it will cost, so that idea is shot for now.

They announced a price for the PS3? Link or Proof?

Posted by sniper

Revolution, and PS3 as soon as it's affordable.

Posted by Burrito

Quoting Drewboy64: I was just wondering, how many of you are from America? Because it seems like a LOT of people want the Rev compared to the others, but at my school tons of people say they want the 360.

That's probably because they're the types of ignorant people that wouldn't visit this kind of site.

Quoted post: They announced a price for the PS3? Link or Proof?

None, but we can all pretty much guess how much it will cost. Especially from what Sony has told us.

Posted by Random

I realized a strong point for microsoft. Think of it this way. Microsoft has the Core for $300 and the Fully Loaded for $400, now think of it this way. If halo 3 is to be released the same day the PS3 is, it'll hurt Sony's sales but won't kill them. However what if Microsoft gives a price drop? Sony comes out at $500 looking to compete normally with $400, and MS Lowers it even by $50 would be a killer drop, with a huge released game such as Halo 3, would seriously hurt the PS3 Sales would it not?

Posted by Big Boss

All three systems, of course! How can I call myself a gamer if I ignore any of the consoles available?

At any rate, I'll buy the Xbox 360 when there are enough games worth getting. Other than Perfect Dark Zero and that RPG by Final Fantasy creator which name I forget, I don't see that many games for the system that interest me. Surely online Halo 3 will draw me to get it, though.

The PS3, naturally, is my top choice. With a G[color=yellowgreen]o
d of War game for it almost a fact, as well as any innovative contributions by SCEI (ICO, Shadow of the Colossus), its good relationship with companies like Square Enix, and the sure releases of Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots and Devil May Cry 4, it's the one system that I'm guaranteed to have fun with.

The Revolution will be the cheapest and most unique, for better or worse. It'll certainly be interesting to see what developers can do, although I don't expect many to take the technology and do something worthwhile with it. I'm still waiting for a significant number of third-party developers to make good use of the dual screens in the Nintendo DS.[/color]

Quoting SomebodyRandom: I realized a strong point for microsoft. Think of it this way. Microsoft has the Core for $300 and the Fully Loaded for $400, now think of it this way. If halo 3 is to be released the same day the PS3 is, it'll hurt Sony's sales but won't kill them. However what if Microsoft gives a price drop? Sony comes out at $500 looking to compete normally with $400, and MS Lowers it even by $50 would be a killer drop, with a huge released game such as Halo 3, would seriously hurt the PS3 Sales would it not?

Microsoft can't take the price any lower than they already have. Each 360 unit costs $500 to make. They've pretty much made it clear that they're making a lot of sacrifices to make the system affordable to a wider consumer base.

Quoted post: RPG by Final Fantasy creator which name I forget

Blue Dragon? I haven't seen enough from that agme to be impressed yet...

Posted by VirtualRealityZone

I'm going to buy the xbox 360 first. The reasons are because it's cheaper than ps3, and I think I'm gonna like the launch games. After that I'm going to buy the Nintendo Revolution because it is cheap/affordable, the launch titles sound pretty nice (SSBM). I MIGHT eventually buy the ps3. Maybe....when the price goes down.

Posted by Random

Quoting Big Boss]Well worth it, might I add, because of the fabulous library that the PS1 and PS2 had. Sony has yet to fail me.

Like Big Boss said, I wouldn't alienate any system. It's all or nothing.

Posted by Speedfreak

Quoting Fate: Well worth it, might I add, because of the fabulous library that the PS1 and PS2 had. Sony has yet to fail me.

But. You already have a PS2 and PS1. And you already own or are planing to buy all the games you're gonne want for the system. So how on Earth does that justify spending $500? 0_o

Posted by Fei-on Castor

The X-box was a huge disappointment for me, personally. It only had a few really good games (such as Halo), but honestly any other good games existed on other systems (such as GTA:VC), so I never had any desire to own an X-box.

The GameCube and PS2 were excellent, I think. Sure, the X-box may have had better software, but without good games, software is worthless.

I may buy the X-box 360 after a while, but not at its launch, because I'm anticipating it to be a disappointment like the first X-box was. If I turn out to be wrong, of course I'll buy it.

However, I do plan to get the PS3 and the Revolution as soon as I can, which will be at their launches, or shortly after. Nintendo has never let me down, except that brief lapse that was the Nintendo 64 (flame away). It just had only a few great games, and none of them were as great as some of the PS1 games (FFT 4evah).

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote]Sure, the X-box may have had better software, but without good games, software is worthless.

Oll.

Posted by Drewboy64

Quoting Fate: Well worth it, might I add, because of the fabulous library that the PS1 and PS2 had. Sony has yet to fail me.

I'd rather spend 200 some on a Revolution. Plus, there is the fabulous library that the NES, SNES, n64 and Gamecube had. Not to mention the new games.

Posted by Skitzo Control

I sure do look forward to buying the Xbox 360! But then I realized there was PC option, which I didn't expect there to be, and I felt bad that I neglected good ol' keyboard and mouse.:(

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

Definitely the PS3 first. But only when it's costing me $200, which won't be for a few good years. Then eventually the Rev, but most likely never the 360. Xbox has never impressed me.

Posted by Pit

Quoting Angelwing: Definitely the PS3 first. But only when it's costing me $200, which won't be for a few good years

lol, few.

Quoted post: Oll.

x2

Posted by Speedfreak

Quoting Angelwing: Definitely the PS3 first. But only when it's costing me $200, which won't be for a few good years. Then eventually the Rev, but most likely never the 360. Xbox has never impressed me.

Ahahahaha, so no gaming for you next generation, then.

Posted by boomstick

Quoting Speedfreak: Ahahahaha, so no gaming for you next generation, then.

Sad, but true if the price speculations on the PS3 end up true.

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

Yeah, I can't afford it. Even with the Revolution being much cheaper, I just bought a DS, so I'm going to have to balance things out. Besides, I have far too many current systems games that I haven't even touched yet.

Posted by Aioros

[COLOR=Yellow]First next-gen system i'm gettin will be either the PS3 or Revolution, whichever comes out first. I make sufficient money to afford it, and i really don't care how much they cost, expecially not the PS3. The Xbox 360 i can wait for, probably until the first price drop happens. As far as i'm concerned, with Kingdom Hearts 2, Final Fantasy XII, Shadow of the Colossus and Twilight Princess still coming out, true next-gen gaming won't start until probably mid 2006, basically by the time the PS3 and Revolution are released. I won't be wasting money on over-priced Xbox 360 games just because Microsoft felt like jump-starting the next-gen race.[/COLOR]

Posted by boomstick

Quoting Aioros: [COLOR=Yellow]First next-gen system i'm gettin will be either the PS3 or Revolution, whichever comes out first. I make sufficient money to afford it, and i really don't care how much they cost, expecially not the PS3. The Xbox 360 i can wait for, probably until the first price drop happens. As far as i'm concerned, with Kingdom Hearts 2, Final Fantasy XII, Shadow of the Colossus and Twilight Princess still coming out, true next-gen gaming won't start until probably mid 2006, basically by the time the PS3 and Revolution are released. I won't be wasting money on over-priced Xbox 360 games just because Microsoft felt like jump-starting the next-gen race.[/COLOR]

Agreed, I'll probably wait till about 2006 to buy any next gen consoles with all the current gen games still coming.

Posted by Speedfreak

I don't get why people refuse to get a next gen system because there's still current gen games coming out. I got my DS, and there's still GBA games coming out that I want. It's not like owning a next-gen system will make all last-gen hardware and software evaporate.

Posted by boomstick

Quoting Speedfreak: I don't get why people refuse to get a next gen system because there's still current gen games coming out. I got my DS, and there's still GBA games coming out that I want. It's not like owning a next-gen system will make all last-gen hardware and software evaporate.

Money.....should I say more?

Posted by Speedfreak

Yeah. There's not gonna be much in the way of price cuts after a little over 6 months after next gen starts, so what's special about summer 2006?

Posted by boomstick

Quoting Speedfreak: Yeah. There's not gonna be much in the way of price cuts after a little over 6 months after next gen starts, so what's special about summer 2006?

With the price of the Xbox 360($399.99) and what most places have listed for the prices of next-gen games($59.99, I believe) I personally would like to save that cash for the current gen games that are coming out before I use everything I have on Xbox 360, instead of those games.

The GBA and DS comparison wasn't a good one considering the prices for the hardware and software are so much less then home consoles.

What makes Summer 2006 so special is the fact is that when this gen of consoles pretty much die out for the most part then I start focusing my cash on the next gen.

I mean if you have the cash flow to take care of both at the same time go for it, but I don't so I have to focus on one at a time.

Posted by verystrait42

im a 13 year old with no money. im a nintendo fanboy. guess which im buying.

de-rep me and tell me what im buying

Posted by Random

Another Fanboy -_-' and he even admits it.. I give you credit.. you admitted it.. So no I won't de-rep you.

Anywho I see Summer '06 to be huge. Winter '05 will be huge because i'm getting my Xbox360 with Perfect Dark Zero, Kameo, and Final fantasy XI at least. And for christmas i'll most likely be getting Gears of War, Need For speed, and Oblivion.

Summer '06 will be huge because of games coming out like the new Halo and what not. And perhaps the PS3, though I doubt i'll purchase one at all. maybe when it's $150 a few years down the road.

When the Revolution launches that'll be another big spending moment for the next gen consoles.

I plan on spending thousands most likely. I'll have my FPS's and RPG's on the 360, and i'll have the Classic games on the Revolution, with my family/party games along with them. So all in all i'll be rather happy. With Microsoft acquiring the Licenses to Final fantasy Games, basically what my understanding from work is from my boss is, any final fantasy game to come out for the PS3 or Revolution won't be exclusives, that they will be on the 360, with the exception of the older Final fantasy's you can play on the Revolution. Plus the GTA's will be released on the 360 the same time as the PS3 or at least so i'm told. Thats nothing for sure but it's what my Manager said so.. We'll see..

It'll suck not to play MGS 4 on the 360, but i'll borrow a friends PS3. So i'll save myself $400-$600 by not purchasing a PS3.

360+Revolution=*Orgasms*

Posted by verystrait42

i have had a spiritual epifony. i'm no longer a nintendo fanboy. i will buy the XBox 360. Mainly because of Halo 2.5 and awsome online play

Posted by Speedfreak

There is no such thing as Halo 2.5, moron. And 360 offers little new in terms of Online play than the original Xbox.

Posted by Random

Quoting verystrait42: i have had a spiritual epifony. i'm no longer a nintendo fanboy. i will buy the XBox 360. Mainly because of Halo 2.5 and awsome online play

Hrm and by Halo 2.5 I believe you mean 3. There is awesome online play aslong as there aren't cheaters involved. But I have a feeling you were being sarcastic -_-'

Posted by Burrito

VeryStrait is obviously showing ignorance purposely to **** people off. So, you might wanna just ignore him.

Posted by Axis

Quoting SomebodyRandom: And for christmas i'll most likely be getting Gears of War, Need For speed, and Oblivion.

Gears Of War comes out in March 2006.

Quoting Speedfreak: And 360 offers little new in terms of Online play than the original Xbox.

Little in new terms? What exactly are you wanting?

Posted by Drewboy64

does anyone know the official price of PS3?

And by the time Rev comes out, I'll have my DS online and tehn I'll be playing SSB online, so no more X-box live for me.

Posted by Sirus

Sony Playstation 3 for me...Nintendo has let me down too many times, and XBOX is my archenemy..XD

Quoted post: does anyone know the official price of PS3?

No, since Sony hasn't released any info.

Posted by Speedfreak

Quoting Axis: Gears Of War comes out in March 2006.

Little in new terms? What exactly are you wanting?

Nothing, I'm just informing him that the online play isn't that much different from Xbox Live.

Quoting Sirus: Sony Playstation 3 for me...Nintendo has let me down too many times, and XBOX is my archenemy..XD

Posted by Nickd009

PS3 totally

Posted by Last Fog

I'm gonna get a 360 shortly after it's release, probably around Christmas. Revolution doesn't impress me .... there's hardly any games announced for it and I'm weary about that controller. It looks like something that would only work for games built around the controller... and I want something I hold in both hands. But maybe eventually I'll get one, depending on how it all works out.

Posted by Random

Theres a lot yet I don't comprehend by people who are buying the future consoles. I work in game retailing and most people seem to want the 360 or the PS3 over the Revolution. I'm suprised by it really. I mean I presume already the PS3 will have the most sales even though I think Sony has been crap lately, and the 360 to be in second, I haven't found too many nintendo faithful as of late. I'm not suprised at all by the 360 pre orders. Originally we were only givin 60 but now we have "unlimited." Now we have almost 200 pre orders in this small area for Xbox360's. So we expect a huge launch and we'll probably be open at midnight kind of deal for it's release.

I'm suprised at how many people are also purchasing PS3's. The main stream of people who i've talked to that want PS3's basically told me, they wanted the console for Resident Evil, Grand Theft Auto, Metal Gear, and Final Fantasy which 3/4 of those are on other consoles at least. It's really pathetic I think. Wouldn't they rather save money and purchase a revolution or a 360? I don't really get it. Oh well.. O_O

Posted by verystrait42

Quoting SomebodyRandom: Hrm and by Halo 2.5 I believe you mean 3. There is awesome online play aslong as there aren't cheaters involved. But I have a feeling you were being sarcastic -_-'

no i wasn't being sarcastic and search halo 2.5. they may say xbox 2 but it still says halo 2.5 is coming out on launch

Posted by Speedfreak

No it isn't.

Posted by Axis

Quoting verystrait42: no i wasn't being sarcastic and search halo 2.5. they may say xbox 2 but it still says halo 2.5 is coming out on launch

That was a rumor that was dismissed a long time ago.

Posted by verystrait42

ok thanks

Posted by Random

yeah actually they are releasing in someway you could say a Halo game or should I say games. But it's not for the Xbox360. their supposed to release a bundle for christmas which holds Halo 1, Halo 2, and the Halo 2 Multipack. Same with the GTA's. For the Xbox and PS2 they are releasing the Grand Theft Auto Triple Pack also to be a big christmas seller.

Posted by Drewboy64

http://cube.ign.com/articles/654/654764p1.html
Sh*t. Well, if the graphics are worse than the 360 that's a shame, although I think they will squeeze out more power in the Rev than the 360. I mean, gamecube's graphics didn't seem all that impressive, but now we have played games like junlge beat and resident evil 4 which look practically next-gen so... yeah. And either way I'm still getting one. Gameplay over graphic.

Quoted post: Sh*t. Well, if the graphics are worse than the 360 that's a shame,

it's not like we didn't already know that. It was fairly obvious, especially when Nintendo has been saying it for quite awhile now.

Posted by project101

Revolution because of that bad out controller

Posted by boomstick

Quoting SomebodyRandom: Theres a lot yet I don't comprehend by people who are buying the future consoles. I work in game retailing and most people seem to want the 360 or the PS3 over the Revolution. I'm suprised by it really. I mean I presume already the PS3 will have the most sales even though I think Sony has been crap lately, and the 360 to be in second, I haven't found too many nintendo faithful as of late. I'm not suprised at all by the 360 pre orders. Originally we were only givin 60 but now we have "unlimited." Now we have almost 200 pre orders in this small area for Xbox360's. So we expect a huge launch and we'll probably be open at midnight kind of deal for it's release.

I'm suprised at how many people are also purchasing PS3's. The main stream of people who i've talked to that want PS3's basically told me, they wanted the console for Resident Evil, Grand Theft Auto, Metal Gear, and Final Fantasy which 3/4 of those are on other consoles at least. It's really pathetic I think. Wouldn't they rather save money and purchase a revolution or a 360? I don't really get it. Oh well.. O_O

Because Sony has a fanbase, as Nintendo and Microsoft has, it's a pretty academic thing.

Posted by Zeta

I've been with Nintendo since the days of the SNES, and I'm not changing now. Viva la Revolution!

Posted by linkmaster

revolution thats probaly it:eek:

Posted by ExoXile

Quoting Zeta: I've been with Nintendo since the days of the SNES, and I'm not changing now. Viva la Revolution!

I've been there since NES :D

Posted by Drewboy64

Quoting Vampiro: it's not like we didn't already know that. It was fairly obvious, especially when Nintendo has been saying it for quite awhile now.

Uh, they never specified the Revolution's graphical capabilities. They only said things like "You will say 'wow!'"

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=Drewboy64]Uh, they never specified the Revolution's graphical capabilities. They only said things like "You will say 'wow!'"

Iwata said in terms of numbers on the spec sheet, it won't be as powerful as Xbox 360 or PS3, but on standard television sets most people won't be able to tell the difference. Which is the entire point, really, the vast majority of gamers won't be playing these games on anything but a standard TV.

Posted by Shade

Either the PS3 or Xbox 360. If the PS3 turns out to be uber-expensive, then I'll just buy and 360 and be done with it. They both look f*cking sweet. But I'm not for the Rev at all, to me, it seems more like an experiment then a console.

Posted by boomstick

Quoting Shade: Either the PS3 or Xbox 360. If the PS3 turns out to be uber-expensive, then I'll just buy and 360 and be done with it. They both look f*cking sweet. But I'm not for the Rev at all, to me, it seems more like an experiment then a console.

Whenever something new comes out like that, it usually is seen as such.

Quoted post: Uh, they never specified the Revolution's graphical capabilities.

So, you had no inkling that the Revolution would be less powerful than the PS3 or 360?

Posted by Random

Quoting boomstick: Because Sony has a fanbase, as Nintendo and Microsoft has, it's a pretty academic thing.

I understand a fanbase, but it's a fanbase that seems way too biased. I myself have to say during the PS1-N64 console war, I was biased for the PS1. I mean I loved the PS1. I think the Playstation 1 was far superior to the N64. Ultimately I planned on buying a PS2 because I myself was part of that fanbase. But even now when it seems like the PS2's Better games are out on Xbox or Gamecube, it seems pointless to have a PS2 that has pitiful hardware capabilities compared to the other two.

Posted by boomstick

Quoting SomebodyRandom: I understand a fanbase, but it's a fanbase that seems way too biased. I myself have to say during the PS1-N64 console war, I was biased for the PS1. I mean I loved the PS1. I think the Playstation 1 was far superior to the N64. Ultimately I planned on buying a PS2 because I myself was part of that fanbase. But even now when it seems like the PS2's Better games are out on Xbox or Gamecube, it seems pointless to have a PS2 that has pitiful hardware capabilities compared to the other two.

It doesn't matter, it still comes back to the point of the companies having a fanbase, you made a comment as to how you couldn't understand why the PS3 was getting so much attention and I answered.

Posted by Burrito

Quoting Vampiro: So, you had no inkling that the Revolution would be less powerful than the PS3 or 360?

He is just saying that we at least had some hope, before. Now almost all our hope for a more powerful Revolution has been taken away.

Posted by ExoXile

Quoting Vampiro: So, you had no inkling that the Revolution would be less powerful than the PS3 or 360?

But PS3, and 360 doens't have a remote controll! :D

Posted by Drewboy64

I knew it was gonna be less powerful than the PS3 for sure, but I was pretty sure it would at least be in par with the 360... Which I say will still seem the case when you actually play games.

Quoted post: I knew it was gonna be less powerful than the PS3 for sure, but I was pretty sure it would at least be in par with the 360... Which I say will still seem the case when you actually play games.

Eh, when Iwata himself says there's going to be a difference (whether it glaring or not), you gotta believe him. I highly doubt it will look as nice as the 360 will, though I'm not saying it's going to be horrid, or even that much of a difference, but I guarantee there will be one.

But really, it's not like it matters. As long as they keep pumping out the games I love, I'll be very happy. Not to mention GC games already look great, so any graphical improvement should be nice.

Posted by ExoXile

Quoting Vampiro: Not to mention GC games already look great

Resident Evil 4 anyone?

Posted by Speedfreak

Whoa there peeps, let's put things in perspective here. Exactly how modest is Nintendo with their specs? Let's take a look at the current generation, summed up nicely by a member in another board:

Nintendo has always been modest in this regards. Remember Sony and Microsoft blowing their horns last gen with Sony "We can EASILY push 40mil polygons" MS with "Our system will do 120mil" and then Nintendo said "realistically our system could do 18 but it will more likely hang around 12-14."

And then in the generation before that with the N64. Sony went out and claimed PS1 could push 300,000 polygons. What did Nintendo counter with? "We can do 120,000 but ours look a bit nicer".

Nintendo ALWAYS put down their own technology, that's just the way they are. Revolution will be on par when running at 480p, mark my words.

By the way, PS3 isn't the most powerful. 360 and PS3 are on par with eachother.

Posted by ExoXile

What you said just now is just a big load of TRUTH :)

Quoted post: Revolution will be on par when running at 480p, mark my words.

I never even considered that...

Posted by Luigi182

Well, back on topic, not only am I gonna buy me a Revolution, but I'll be buying me a PS3 as well. I just saw the trailer for MGS4 and now I'm sold! :D

I also plan on getting a DS soon, hopefully I'll be able to get that Teal DS that comes with the Beagle version of Nintendogs.

Posted by Drewboy64

Good point, speedfreak.
Yeah, it's funny how everyone thought PS2 was better graphically then the Gamecube, when in reality it's in par with the X-box. Now, microsoft + sony are showing off all this pre-rendered stuff, and Nintendo's saying "meh" about their graphics.
Mmm... teal DS. I'm getting a Revolution on release date.

Posted by KMFDM

I'm going to get both the Revolution and PS3 after so price drops I like the games they both have and how good they do with the game play, also I'm a big fan of the Revolutions' controller. I mite get the 360 but i don't like that I have to pay more to get the one with the harddrive.

Posted by mis0

I'm going to buy a PS2 once they're like $100 on clearance.

Posted by blade527

I personally would plan on buying both the PS3 and the Xbox 360, The ps3 may have superior graphics but the xbox has got Xbox live which is a great plus.
Another major factor is the price, the PS3 is going to cost much more than the xbox 360 and the xbox 360 comes out earlier with a great line-up of games. The only thing i could do was save up and buy both

Posted by Drewboy64

I'm gonna get the Revolution. I'm glad people with the 360 will still beable to paly Halo 2 online; that means I can keep playing on my X-box.

Posted by IIMrBrightsidexX

yea that will be cool

Posted by Drewboy64

yuppers.

Posted by Mmm.... GOOD!!!

Well for me its all three if i can get the money to do so with.. they are look awesome

Posted by Crazy K

I really want to get the PS3, but then I have to get a job this summer, and I really dont mind that. But for now I cant get any system until I get up the the amount of money I need. Wate I graduate in 2 years, maybe I can get enough money from my graduation party (in 2 more years ;) )

Posted by Mmm.... GOOD!!!

THIS SITE ROCKS

Posted by Random

Quoting Crazy K: I really want to get the PS3, but then I have to get a job this summer, and I really dont mind that. But for now I cant get any system until I get up the the amount of money I need. Wate I graduate in 2 years, maybe I can get enough money from my graduation party (in 2 more years ;) )

Haha trust me I know all about financial problems. I'll be lucky if I have a place to live in a couple weeks if I don't work my *** off.

Posted by Drewboy64

Does anyone have an estimate of how much the PS3 will cost? They said it'd be expensive but some people are speculating it won't be as expensive as it's thought.

Quoted post: Does anyone have an estimate of how much the PS3 will cost? They said it'd be expensive but some people are speculating it won't be as expensive as it's thought.

Seeing as how the 360 is $400, you can only assume it out be AT LEAST fifty dollars more. But, I'm guessing it will be $499. Hopefully not anymore than that.

Posted by Xqars

I originally was planning on getting a PS3 first. But seeing as how the PS3's going to be so expensive, I'll probably wait a really long time for a few price drops.

I think I'll skip the Revolution. My main system now is the Gamecube and it's dissapointing at the lack of 3rd party support. As for its exclusives, I only really like 3-D Zelda and there's only two 3-D games (including Twilight Princess and not Four Swords). Metroid and Mario are OK, but I could easily live without them. But still, the new controller sounds like a fun new way to play games, so I could spend a lot of time playing a Revolution at my Nintendo obsessed friend's house.

I originally planned to skip the Xbox 360. The original Xbox had only a few A+ exclusives (Halo, Ninja Gaiden, and only a few others). And as for the online, I could get that from Sony for free. But since I plan on not getting a PS3 for awhile, I looked into the 360 and found they have a lot of really good games already. Ghost Recon 3, Burnout, Call of Duty 2, and Kameo are some of them. It'd be a good system to play while waiting for PS3 to have its price dropped. And I'd like to try Halo 2 online.

Posted by Linko_16

Quoting Drewboy64: I was just wondering, how many of you are from America? Because it seems like a LOT of people want the Rev compared to the others, but at my school tons of people say they want the 360.

Everyone in my area was bonkers for the X-Box 360 around the time it came out, and although their spirit probably remains, talk of it has mostly died down. How this will compare to the Revolution launch, I cannot say... so far (aside from morons who think it'll blow because of the controller) the general response has been "Revolution? That might be okay." They're a pretty flexible bunch, so there may be more enthusiasm when the time comes.

EDIT - I don't know if my post was swallowed up in the Groundhog's Day incident or not, so I'll repeat my position. I'm mostly interested in the Revolution, but will get the PS3 soon enough depending on my finances, what games come out, et cetera.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

I've always been interested mostly in the Revolution, and after the screenshots that launched yesterday, it's likely to be my first choice. Not to say I won't be considering a second choice, as I did with this generation... The Xbox 360 has grabbed my interest, but as the PS3 has had about the least show of gameplay and such, (that I'm aware of - I may be wrong!) I may change my mind as time goes on.

Posted by Klarth

Just about everyone in my area is orgasming over the PS3 because "it'z like ps2 but bettar izn't it lols." They also don't seem to have grasped the difference between CGI and in-engine, and are as such taking the Killzone footage as an actual gameplay video. Besides, they're all spoiled ****warts with multiple iPods, top-of-the-range laptops and 3G phones, so the launch price is probably irrelevant to them. Must be nice.

Most people are indifferent to the 360. However, what really throws me is the "nintendo is so kiddy and immature, it sucks" logic. Most of them haven't even HEARD of the Revo, and those who have automatically assume it's going to be terrible just because they hated the Gamecube. Hell, most haven't even seen the controller.

I actually wound up getting into an argument with a guy - I marked out the outlines of the Revo, 360 and PS3 on a sheet of A2 just for size comparison, and pointed out how huge the other two were. Then I told him about Sony's compulsive lying to the press about CGI and the like, and he looked on the verge of tears. Fun stuff.

Posted by sergio11

i want to get an xbox 360 but i don't know much about the other 2 (gamecube revolution and PS3) so i am thinking of waiting and then when i know enough information then i will pick. but so far i would say the xbox 360.

Posted by gundelhell_wielder

[COLOR="Black"]The Nintendo Revolution.
Then sometime later the pS3.[/COLOR]

Posted by GameMiestro

To me, the Rev is an expensive, non-portable DS with one screen. The XBox 360 is out of the question, and virtually all types of games that I enjoy on the PS2 are just as good on the PC. So I guess I'm fine with what I have :).

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=GameMiestro]To me, the Rev is an expensive, non-portable DS with one screen. The XBox 360 is out of the question, and virtually all types of games that I enjoy on the PS2 are just as good on the PC. So I guess I'm fine with what I have :).

It's quite likely that Revolution will cost around the same as DS. AT any rate, don't judge it before you've tried it.

Posted by Random

The more i learn about the PS3 it seems the less i'm interested in buying one. I'm hearing about some of the more popular titles that Sony used to have exclusive jumping to the Xbox/360 so i'm not sure that i'll even give the PS3 a second thought.

Posted by Xenos

Well, I might buy PS3; however, none of the games are really good anymore. At least from what I've seen on PS2. I don't want to spend a couple of a hundred bucks to play FFXII. I might get a revolution, ... if there are any games that seem interesting and won't kill me [motion illness].

Posted by m4rkotic

I chose ps3. Not into console games that much though. Its just the thought of an FF7 remake is sexy. But other than that my PC wins me all the time.

Posted by Hero'sCrest

Ps3

20gb version: $499.99
60gb version: $599.99

Posted by NeXidala

Let's face it. Unless you are a filthy rich child, or use all of your work money on video games, you probably won't be buying the Nintendo Wii, Xbox 360, and the PS3 at the same time. So which one are you planning on buying? Which do you consider will have the most success this year? And which do you consider will have the least success year? And which one do you consider the underdog?

Well I personally, plan on buying the Nintendo Wii. It currently seems like the console with the most potencial to place the feeling of an innotiative console. It won't be the typical console coming out that has only improved on graphics, and completely shrouded gameplay and everything else. I'm not quite sure which will have the most success but I am putting my money on Nintendo, because it seems the most appealing to all ages. Also, because of the freedom that console will probably provide, and costs much less than the XBOX 360 and the PS3. I think that the PS3 will have the least success because coming out this year because it probably have the most bugs, and probably the one with the most problems. Not only that, but to me it seems pretty complicated, and won't appeal to its younger users. Seriously, how many 8-year-olds are gonna be able to set up a PS3 and understand how to get the game started? And, I definately consider the Nintendo Wii the underdog.

Posted by Sak

I'm buyin the PS3. I really don't care about the price, or the bugs, or anything, it's got all the games that I want to get. (Tekken 6, Eyedentify, Heavenly Sword, etc) The Wii doesn't really appeal to me. I just don't find the motion sensitive controller thingies all that exciting.

Posted by Ayu

I'll be buying the PS3. The one I consider the underdog is the Nintendo Wii.

Posted by NeXidala

I think most people agree the Nintendo Wii is the underdog, but I think it will appeal to a lot of people. Maybe on the lauch dates the PS3 will sell more, but after people find the bugs and how complicated it might be, people will end up switching to the Nintendo Wii.

Posted by Phantasma2

[COLOR="Black"]Nintendo Wii. At first I was going to buy the PS3 but then I saw what it was "capable" of and eh, changed my opinion.[/COLOR]

Posted by boomstick

I actually probably will end up not getting any of them by the end of the year, it I do it'll probably be the PS3, just for future games, though like MGS4, but, I'll probably just wait till early 2007 for it

Posted by maian

The Wii. I am very, very excited to get my hands on that and try out MP3/TP with it's controller. I care nothing about the graphics, and the price is blissfully low for somebody like me. Whether the Wii takes the top or drags like Gamecube, it'll probably be my favorite through the cycle, anyway.

Posted by Crazy K

Most likely the Nintendo WII. I might sell some stuff to get it, possibly a laptop I got that's a piece of crap, and I might try to fix up my old computer and sell that as well. But other then the WII I would love to get the 360. I have lost a massive amount of respect for Sony, so I probably won't be getting a PS3, unless some sort of job pops up for me.

Posted by Unite

I'll be buying a ps3 and wii at the same time just because i can.

Posted by Dog

I'm undecided. The Wii is at a really good price, and will have SSB brawl, Xbox 360 is alot more expencive, but has live and Halo. PS3 has free online from what I know, but I can't think of some games i would like on it.

Posted by WILLETH FOR MONTHS

Why cant you check multiple options?!

Posted by Axis

Because you can't buy more than one console at the end of this year, it's the law.

Posted by Delilah

Definately, the Wii. I can't wait- it looks sooo awesome! Also, I am really anxious to see what the new controller will be like. I think the nunchuck idea is going to be pretty sweet.

Posted by The underground

Quoting Sanaxis: I'll be buying the PS3. The one I consider the underdog is the Nintendo Wii.

Isn't Nintendo usally the underdog???
Anyway PS3 all the way. Allready got thr 360.

Posted by Ayu

Quoting The underground: Isn't Nintendo usally the underdog???
Anyway PS3 all the way. Allready got thr 360.

Yeah, it is in some cases. In this case it's the highly voted one.

Posted by Kit

That's because the Wii is the Revolution. ;) (Of gaming.)

Wii for mii.

Posted by NeXidala

Quoting Dark Kirby: That's because the Wii is the Revolution. ;) (Of gaming.)

Wii for mii.

Yeah, Wii is gonna be the console that dares to try something different, and not just improve the graphics....

Posted by Aioros

Quoting NeXidala: Not only that, but to me it seems pretty complicated, and won't appeal to its younger users. Seriously, how many 8-year-olds are gonna be able to set up a PS3 and understand how to get the game started? And, I definately consider the Nintendo Wii the underdog.

[COLOR="Yellow"]It won't be that complicated. Just because the PS3 has a lot of features included doesn't mean you won't be able to just pop in a game and play. Besides, why would anybody get an 8 yr old a PS3? The average age of a gamer is in the mid 20's believe it or not.

I'll be getting both the PS3 and Wii at launch, and a 360 when Gears fo War is released.[/COLOR]

Posted by NeXidala

Quoting Aioros: [COLOR="Yellow"]It won't be that complicated. Just because the PS3 has a lot of features included doesn't mean you won't be able to just pop in a game and play. Besides, why would anybody get an 8 yr old a PS3? The average age of a gamer is in the mid 20's believe it or not.

I'll be getting both the PS3 and Wii at launch, and a 360 when Gears fo War is released.[/COLOR]

Well, I had a PS2 when I was in 3rd grade. And plus, a lot of people at that time that were my age had one, too. So, I figured parents would also get their child whatever they want and that might be a PS3. What I meant was that to use all the extra features and whatnot, it might get complicated for younger people, or people who aren't very smart. And, let's say the parents aren't very good at setting up things, how's the kid gonna find out how to set it up? See what I mean?

Posted by Aioros

[COLOR="Yellow"]It won't be that much different than setting up a Wii or a 360.[/COLOR]

Posted by Mandude120

After a while, probably for my birthday, I'll be planning on getting the Xbox 360. Then, after a while I'll be buying the Wii. My friend is getting a PS3 so I'll just use his. :)

Posted by NeXidala

Quoting Mandude120: After a while, probably for my birthday, I'll be planning on getting the Xbox 360. Then, after a while I'll be buying the Wii. My friend is getting a PS3 so I'll just use his. :)

You're gonna be lucky enough to test out all 3.......Lucky bastard......

I'm going to have two Wiis, two PS3s and a 360 in my house by the end of the year, would you believe.

Posted by Kit

Why two PS3s and two Wiis? Isn't one good enough for you? :)

Three people in one house. I already have a 360 and I'm going to get a Wii. One of my friends is getting a PS3 and a Wii. And the other's just getting a PS3. Although we'll probably convert him to the Wii. :p

Posted by Kit

You should pool your money, get a PS3, a Wii and spend the rest on games. Learn to share with your friends. :)

We're only living together for a year, so we want our own consoles for when we move out. Besides, we're all studying game development, so :p

Posted by Kit

Quoting Wings: We're only living together for a year, so we want our own consoles for when we move out.

Oh, then I suppose having that many consoles is alright, since it's only for a while. I hope you have 5 TVs. :p:

Quoting Wings: Besides, we're all studying game development

Lucky Bas[color="#000022"]t[/COLOR]ard. :)

We have three TVs - one each. But they take multiple connections. Well, mine doesn't, but I don't mine switching round my PS2, Wii and 360.

Game dev's not that hard to get into, really. :D

Posted by XeroPercent

I'm filthy poor, so I won't be buying any 'til the PS3 drops down in price. The other 2 are not worth more then $150 to me. And I won't be spending $600 on a game console... EVER. Guess my PS2 will have to do for now.

Posted by TantalizeNipples

Ill be buying the Wii because it is the cheapest and I also have every other nintendo console. If I had more money though I would probally buy the ps3 just because of all the new ps3 games ive been reading about in magazines.

Posted by Shade

I probably won't be buying any system by the end of the year, but I'll most likely be getting a PS3 somewhere down the road. Only way I'll get a Wii is if the announced Camelot RPG is a Golden Sun game.

Posted by Arcadios

[quote=Thread Name]Which of the new systems, are YOU buying by the end of the year?

Wii and PS3.
I'll get 360 when Halo 3 comes out for it or when something I like comes out.

By the end of the year? A Wii. I all ready have a 360, and I'm waiting a bit for a PS3. Price and more than a few bugs will probably hold me back.

Posted by NeXidala

Quoting Vampiro: and I'm waiting a bit for a PS3. Price and more than a few bugs will probably hold me back.

I think most people, including me, agree that the smartest move would be to wait a while so that it gives the PS3 time to get the bugs fixed, and not only that, but wait so that the prices drop, thus causing a smaller hole in our pockets.
Also, which games are people planning to buy for the console they plan to get?
Personally, I at least, plan to get Mario Galaxy for the Wii.

Posted by Sean the Wicked

I'm buying a Wii with my own money and getting a 360 for Christmas.

I can wait for the PS3. I can wait a long time.

Posted by NeXidala

Quoting Sean the Wicked: I'm buying a Wii with my own money and getting a 360 for Christmas.

Which games do you plan to get for the Wii and the 360?

Posted by keyartist

PS3 to the end.

Quoting NeXidala: Which games do you plan to get for the Wii and the 360?

Wii
Animal Crossing, Bleach, Darkness, Dragon Ball Z: Tenkaichi 2, Elebits, Far Cry, Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: The Crystal Bearers, Killing Day, The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, Necro-Nesia, Project H.A.M.M.E.R., Red Steel, Sadness, and Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

Castle Wolfenstein, Dance Dance Revolution Universe, Dead or Alive 4, Dead Rising, F.E.A.R., Fable 2, Half-Life 2, Halo 3, Kameo: Elements of Power, Lost Odyssey, Metronome, Ninety-Nine Nights, Operation Darkness, Overlord, Prey, Samurai Warriors 2, Shadowrun, Timeshift, The Outsider, and Voodoo Nights.

Of course all these titles are pending on how good they appear as the time for their release draws near.

Posted by NeXidala

Quoting Sean the Wicked: Wii
Animal Crossing, Bleach, Darkness, Dragon Ball Z: Tenkaichi 2, Elebits, Far Cry, Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: The Crystal Bearers, Killing Day, The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, Necro-Nesia, Project H.A.M.M.E.R., Red Steel, Sadness, and Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

Castle Wolfenstein, Dance Dance Revolution Universe, Dead or Alive 4, Dead Rising, F.E.A.R., Fable 2, Half-Life 2, Halo 3, Kameo: Elements of Power, Lost Odyssey, Metronome, Ninety-Nine Nights, Operation Darkness, Overlord, Prey, Samurai Warriors 2, Shadowrun, Timeshift, The Outsider, and Voodoo Nights.

Of course all these titles are pending on how good they appear as the time for their release draws near.

Wow, that's impressive. Though I doubt you plan on buying all those titles at once, especially since they won't all be coming out at the same time. I hope to see more trailers and demos for the upcoming games so I can see what they are like.

Quoting NeXidala: Wow, that's impressive. Though I doubt you plan on buying all those titles at once, especially since they won't all be coming out at the same time. I hope to see more trailers and demos for the upcoming games so I can see what they are like.

Of course. I most certainly won't be buying all the release games either, just the ones that interest me. The ones I listed, currently, are the ones that I would buy (pending further information and etc.).

Oh, and obviously with my 360 I'd be getting super gold premium bill gate's line Xbox Live.

Well you've got a lot of cash.

Myself, I'm planning on getting Fight Night Round 3, Dead Rising and Tony Hawk's Project 8 on 360, although I'm being tempted by Tomb Raider: Legend.

With Wii, I'm gonna grab Wii Sports, Zelda: Twilight Princess, and Excite Truck, as well as Disaster: Day of Crisis if I see anything about it before launch.

Sorry about the typos. I've had a bit to drink.

Posted by NeXidala

Quoting Wings: With Wii, I'm gonna grab Wii Sports, Zelda: Twilight Princess, and Excite Truck, as well as Disaster: Day of Crisis if I see anything about it before launch.

See, I've been deciding on whether to get Zelda: Twilight Princess on Gamecube or the Wii. The reason I have been debating is because I would rather play it using the Gamecube controller. I'm not too clear on the whole controller deal with the Wii, so if anyone wants to help me, please do.

Quoting Wings: Sorry about the typos. I've had a bit to drink.

I'm sure it isn't the first time. ;)

Quoting NeXidala: See, I've been deciding on whether to get Zelda: Twilight Princess on Gamecube or the Wii. The reason I have been debating is because I would rather play it using the Gamecube controller. I'm not too clear on the whole controller deal with the Wii, so if anyone wants to help me, please do.

You can use 'cube controllers with the Wii.

Posted by NeXidala

Quoting Sean the Wicked: You can use 'cube controllers with the Wii.

And another question Sean. Can you play Gamecube games on the Wii? I slightly remember hearing somewhere that you can, but I'm not too sure.

Quoting NeXidala: And another question Sean. Can you play Gamecube games on the Wii? I slightly remember hearing somewhere that you can, but I'm not too sure.

The Wii is completely backwards compatible with the 'cube. So yes, you can.

The Wiimote on Zelda is really only used for secondary things like the bow and arrow and fishing. For everything else it should control just the same. I see no reason not to get the Wii version.

Posted by NeXidala

Quoting Sean the Wicked: The Wii is completely backwards compatible with the 'cube. So yes, you can.

Oh, good. Thanks.

Quoting Wings: The Wiimote on Zelda is really only used for secondary things like the bow and arrow and fishing. For everything else it should control just the same. I see no reason not to get the Wii version.

That totally changes my mind. I guess I'll be getting Zelda for the Wii. Thanks guys.

Basically the Wiimote acts like the C stick for the Wii version.

Quoting Wings: Basically the Wiimote acts like the C stick for the Wii version.

I was watching a video yesterday about all the new Wii games and seeing a lot of the demos with the Wiimote. In Twilight Princess, can you use the Wiimote as a sword like in Red Steel?

No, you can't. Apparently in playtests it was too tiring.

Posted by NeXidala

Quoting Wings: No, you can't. Apparently in playtests it was too tiring.

I could imagine how tiring it is:
*sling* *sling* *sling* *sling* *sling* *sling* *sling* *pant* *pant* *sling* *sling* *sling* *sling* *sling* *sling* *sling*
Probably would go something like that.

Posted by neonmole

The option wasn't on there but, I will be getting all three.:-D

Posted by Hammered On

360, if any. I was real excited about the PS3 until I started knowing the price and stuff.

Posted by NeXidala

Quoting neonmole: The option wasn't on there but, I will be getting all three.:-D

Whoa! All three by the end of 2006??!?! You, my friend, are very lucky!

Quoting Hammered On: 360, if any. I was real excited about the PS3 until I started knowing the price and stuff.

Yeah, me too. At first I was thinking about getting the PS3. But, when I started getting all the facts and stuff, I found out it was better to wait a while after the PS3 comes out. So I'll be buying the Wii.

Quoted post: Whoa! All three by the end of 2006??!?! You, my friend, are very lucky!

And dumb. Very dumb. Who buys first-gen sony hardware?

Posted by NeXidala

Quoting Vampiro: And dumb. Very dumb. Who buys first-gen sony hardware?

Blah, he'll probably end up getting the one PS3 that doesn't have any bugs, seeing how lucky he is. Harrr Har Harrr....

There will be no such thing as a PS3 without bugs.

Posted by james j

of course i'm getting the wii, i'm on a website called nintendochat.com....pretty obvious. but somtime in 2007 i hope to get the 360 when the price drops, if it ever does.... I think the 360 is gonna be almost worth it just for halo 3, but i also hope that one of my friends gets a ps3, because the graphics look great, and some of the games look pretty good. as for the underdog thing.....hmmmm i think ps3 will not do so great, but there probebly wont be an underdog (for once) and thank ***! i have a gamecube and it really sucks being the underdog somtimes, i really like my gamecube and its games, but for some reason some loser kids hated it, and they got so angry about it, this one kid luke liversedge that had an xbox, got so angry because he hated gamecube, that he ended up crying....but anyway, i hope to try all the systems

Posted by SaintNerevar

Of all three systems the wii is going to have the lowest launch price. nintendo has always sold there systems for less than the competetition and it has kept them in business this long. i have always been a nintendo fan so i am getting the wii. and i cant wait for zelda twilight it is gonna be kick @$$!!!

Posted by Drewboy64

Wii, and only wii.

Posted by Breakman

wii, for various reasons (not the least of which is it's cheapest and is the most likely console i COULD get what with college etc. sneaking up on me).

I wouldn't mind having a PS3 though.

Posted by NeXidala

Wow, looking at all the votes, I might have been wrong about thinking Wii was the underdog. How do you guys think the sales will go?

Quoted post: Wow, looking at all the votes, I might have been wrong about thinking Wii was the underdog. How do you guys think the sales will go?

Nintendo systems always get the most votes here. And who knows how the sales will go. It'll probably do so-so over in north america, but it'll sell like hotcakes in Japan.

Posted by NeXidala

Yeah, I'm sure Wii sales will go through the roof in Japan. Seems like the biggest thing there.

Posted by Speedfreak

Xbox 360 has been out a G[COLOR=lightgreen]o[/COLOR]dd[COLOR=#0000ee]a[/COLOR]mn year and pretty much all the games so far are shooters, racing and sports, with the rest being ridiculously shallow. XBL Arcade also blows ass.

PS3 is 400 fecking quid, don't think so.

Wii has 18 launch titles I'm interested in plus hundreds of Virtual Console games I've never played. Total no-brainer.

XBLA blows but the VC will rock? Explain.

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=Wings]XBLA blows but the VC will rock? Explain.

Are you completely serious?

XBLA: 26 games after a YEAR. ONE remotely decent game, a few retro titles and the rest are games you could play for free on the internet.

VS

VC: Hundreds of games that actually made retail, created by professionals.

You're honestly telling me that Geometry Wars stands up to Ocarina of Time?

Posted by TendoAddict

[quote]Nintendo systems always get the most votes here. And who knows how the sales will go. It'll probably do so-so over in north america, but it'll sell like hotcakes in Japan.

I dunno, Ive seen polls done on many american sites and alot of people are looking at the wii. I mean just look at E3, nintedo killed and that was mostly american. I doubt it will just be So-so. Maybe not as good as japan but thats because japan is crazy.

Posted by Forgotten Soul

I already have a 360...I will keep me happy for now, but
when the time comes, please believe I will have a PS3 in
my possession. I am not too sure about the Wii. Game-
cube was a bad experience for me, so I may be done with
Nintendo for the time being.

Posted by s0ul

wii60 4 lyfe lol

Already have a 360 and the only thing I don't want to miss on PS3 is Virtua Fighter 5, which is awesome, but hardly worth 700 dollars. I'd be getting a Wii even if there wasn't a price difference though. :)

You can play all of Nintendo's past games for free on the Internet.

Posted by NeXidala

So, looks like the Wii is going to win this console war. It has all the best things and is the console that is ready to put Nintendo back in the industry. Go Wii!

Posted by Alastor

Possible Wii60 route for me. Getting a 360 in the next month or so, and I'm going job-hunting starting Monday, so I may get a Wii before the end of the year. If not, I'll get one around time for Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

Posted by NeXidala

I've been thinking....If this year we find some consoles so revoulotionary, I wonder what they will be like in ten years....

Posted by Alastor

"Microsoft announces Xbox 720. 'We were thinking of calling it the Zbox, but it sounded weird.'"

Props to whoever knows where I got that.

Posted by NeXidala

Nah, we'll probably be seeing hologram type games. Like you have a wireless controller, and let's say you bought the football game, you would see it holographically. That's sorta was what I was thinking.

Posted by Alastor

The entire market collapses and then everyone's forced to go back to 8-bit.

Posted by Fate

I hope not. I like where things are headed now. :(

All. Harcore gamers don't discriminate, even if they can't eat for a few months to afford it.
:)

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=Wings]You can play all of Nintendo's past games for free on the Internet.

PCs are generally an uncomfortable environment for gaming, and if you actually pay for a game legally you'll probably find you'll appreciate and play it more.

Posted by saiyanknight

Wii FTW!
Although I do love PC Gaming.

Posted by Darkbackward

Quoting Speedfreak:
You're honestly telling me that Geometry Wars stands up to Ocarina of Time?

No, but it's better than Majora's Mask, Zelda 2, and without a doubt, Wind Waker.

Posted by Cloudstud

I know the PS3 is pricy but I am still going to have to have it.

Posted by Drewboy64

Quoting Darkbackward: No, but it's better than Majora's Mask, Zelda 2, and without a doubt, Wind Waker.

What? I don't seem to understand... Geometry wars, better than Wind Waker?
Does it beat Sunshine, SSB, SSBM, and Mario 64, too?

Posted by Darkbackward

Quoting Drewboy64: .
What? I don't seem to understand... Geometry wars, better than Wind Waker?
Does it beat Sunshine, SSB, SSBM, and Mario 64, too?

Yes, Yes, Hell Yes, and Yes.

Why did you even mention Sunshine?

Posted by Larry The Great

PS3 with the good hasitory Sony has had recently with PS1 and PS2 as well as Blu Ray technology will mean great games.

Posted by Random

Quoting Larry The Great: PS3 with the good hasitory Sony has had recently with PS1 and PS2 as well as Blu Ray technology will mean great games.

I'm sorry I think you meant

Quoting Larry The Great: PS3 with the good history Sony has had recently with "PS1" it might be fun. However hte PS2 flat out sucked cock n'balls. Also Blu Ray is a waste of money and nobody will want to convert from DVD to Blu Ray anytime soon. That and I lick anus

Fix'd ^_^

I typed that a bit fast, my bad.

Posted by Random

SO YOUR SAYING IM RIGHT?? LOLOLO

Hey no is perfect right

Posted by Bebop

Wii first and a 360 later so I can play Metal Gear Solid 4. :p:

Quoted post: Wii first and a 360 later so I can play Metal Gear Solid 4.

My fingers are crossed. Chances are though, I'll buy a PS3 two years down the road after realising MGS4 will never come to the 360... a week later it will be announced and my world will shatter.

Posted by Arcadios

Wii for sure.
Still wondering if I should bother with PS3 or 360.

Posted by Klarth

Quoting Larry The Great: PS3 with the good hasitory Sony has had recently with PS1 and PS2 as well as Blu Ray technology will mean great games.

There is so much wrong with this post that I can't actually verbally express myself, so for visual representation purposes, I'll use a picture instead:

Posted by Bebop

Posted by laraaj

revolution

Posted by Unite

Bought all 3 plus the 2 portables already

Posted by muffla

i have the two portables and 360 and the wii

plan on getting ps3 by mid summer

Posted by protomanv4

Wii of course cuz im a big fan of nintendo

Posted by Oforia

I already bought the 360, and I just got my ps3 from Costco last week. I am thinking about getting a Wii, but I think I can make due with what I already have. I don't have time to play video games all that much anyway.

Posted by Jaems

I've got the Wii.
I need to buy a 360 as soon as possible.
Too much good support Microsoft's getting for 360. D:
Plus all those cool Live features.

Posted by Akamaru

360 because of guitar hero 2

Posted by Anti-Muffla

I have a ps3, i'm planning on getting a 360 by December or January after Halo 3 comes out and hopefully a price-drop. PS3 needs to get more games and more exclusives. PS2 had a lot of good games and exclusives, like Jak and Socom. Lets get those out for the PS3.

The only exclusives you're likely to see are first-party. So, expect a lot less.