Almost a year

Posted by Bebop

In a few months it will be DS's first birthday.

But do you think it's been a good year? Do you think it was a bad year? Are you satisfied with the current games available and the ones coming out? What about the consoles colour? Discuss!

Posted by Axis

Seeing as its been selling well, I would say it has been a pretty good first year for the system. The second year, IMO, will be better.

Posted by Mystic Hero

I much enjoyed the release myself and the games it had ot offer. I know for sure that the coming future of the DS will be a lot better than its first year. With all the new online games coming out on it, it will certainly do better, at least I think so.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Good year for Nintendo, bad year for gamers.

There's been a few good games, but nothing terribly fantastic. Though the one year anniversary isn't upon us quite yet, so far it hasn't been that great.

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

The first year has been pretty terrible, game wise at least. I only just purchased my DS a few days ago, mainly because Nintendogs was the most interesting game (even though I knew it would get boring after a few minutes each day). I do enjoy the touchscreen, and the online play should be fantastic. I'm kinda regretting the money I put out for it, but I suppose I'll be all right later on.

Posted by The Joker

Almost a year, and PSP pwns on so many levels.

Posted by Speedfreak

None of which have anything to do with gaming, movies or music!

Posted by Boner

Almost a year? Already? Danm.

Posted by Spaz

I'm still pleased with my DS. All in all I got it for a present, and Mario, Feel the Magic, Nintendogs, and Urbz are the only games I own for it, and the GBA titles I already owned.

12.6.05 is a day I will delight. Yeah, I know, it's a day after it's release, when it will be in stores.

2006 looks to be more ambitious.

Posted by dylananisa

well I think that ds owners are going to start getting the new games coming out next year so yes I think this was a good year

Posted by verystrait42

Quoting The Joker: ds sucks, psp is better

you sick little fanboy.. GET YO @$$ OFF THIS BOARD

Posted by VicE

Well, I know I've been pretty satisfied with the DS so far. I've got seven games that I was overall pleased with, and there's still quite a few already out that I haven't gotten around to picking up yet. A lot of the games coming out in the following year look fantastic, so I'm sure the DS's second year will be even better. :)

Posted by GameMiestro

Well, I've been quite satisfied. There are quite a few worthwhile games out there, for one, you have the Metroid demo, which has a fantastic multiplayer mode. Then theres Meteos, Wario Ware: Touched, both of which are amazing and innovative games. Finally, you have Advance Wars and Kirby, which are both very fun sequels (but not terribly original).

Thats a good enough line up for me.

Posted by Drewboy64

I'm satisfied - lots of great games, and I'll have Mario Kart soon. Colors are pretty good too, and a teal one is coming out (nintendogs bundle) so i'll get it in the summer. unless it's limited edition, in which case i will cry.