How hyped are you about Revolution?

Posted by Drewboy64

Its controller, games, etc. How excited are you?

Posted by Big Boss

I had significant interest for the Revolution because of the possibility to download all NES, SNES and N64 games in it, as well as the mystery surrounding its controller.

However, with the uncertainty of which old games will actually be available for download, as well as the gimmick nature of its controller, I can't help but be less interested in the system. I will still buy it, just so I can play the weird games developers will come up with, but unlike the NES controller, I don't see the Revolution Remote as the industry standard of the future, nor the possible games for it competing against the best we've seen in the industry up to this point.

Posted by obryen

My friend said the Revolution controller seems gimmicky, too. I don't really see how it's gimmicky. It's not a lightgun, it's a total step up in interface. Not only do you get an immense degree of control, you also get a sense of really participating in the game.

Aside from that, I'm listening to the reviewers who've used it and say it's quite intuitive. I can see how it might seem gimmicky, but I really don't think it is. I doubt Nintendo would base its next-gen console on a gimmick, anyway.

This will be the first console I buy at launch.

Posted by Bebop

I agree with Obryen[/quick post]

Posted by Speedfreak

Quoting Big Boss]I've been thinking about that, too. The controller may look a little funky, but a few good games could seriously put the Rev on the map. The games make a console better, thus adding to a reputation.

Now about that third-party support...

Posted by Axis

At this point in time I'm not too excited about the Revolution. I want to see some games shown. So maybe by E3 I'll be more excited about the Revolution, but for now I can't say much. This controller is really cool looking and the shell is a great idea.

Posted by Random

Quoting Axis: At this point in time I'm not too excited about the Revolution. I want to see some games shown. So maybe by E3 I'll be more excited about the Revolution, but for now I can't say much. This controller is really cool looking and the shell is a great idea.

I agree for the most part. We haven't seen the Revolution do really anything. I can't be excited til I learn more. So i'm a No Vote.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Eh, it has a bunch of potential. There's tons of things they could do with the remote, tons of new experiences, and possibly making existing genres better. If any of that happens, however, is yet to be seen.

The console itself looks really nice, the best out of the three IMO. The price will also be a nice feature I'm sure.

Also, the BC with every Nintendo home console is pretty awesome.

And with games like SSB3, MP3, new Mario and Zelda games, and so on... I can't deny that it's already looking really nice.

Overall, I'd saying I'm excited. If only because I want to see more of it.

Posted by Speedfreak

Quoting Fate: I've been thinking about that, too. The controller may look a little funky, but a few good games could seriously put the Rev on the map. The games make a console better, thus adding to a reputation.

Now about that third-party support...

It's phenominal and there's nothing to worry about. Next?:)

Posted by Prince Shondronai

I'm excited. Any combinations of the words "Nintendo," "new" and, "games" is enough to get my salivary glands going. I see no reason why Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Smash Brothers, Star Fox, etc. won't be as amazing as they were in every previous generation, if not more amazing.

Posted by Drewboy64

I'm extremely excited with the new controller and the controller shell, and the release date games seem really good.

Posted by BEZ1

I'm sort of excited. I really have to see how the games are looking before I can reach my full excited potential.

Posted by Mmm.... GOOD!!!

Well it will have good gameplay i believe... and may be stepping up to challenge MSoft in the Multiplayer spot.. tho MSoft i believe will be best there

Posted by Drewboy64

I think Oblivion with the Rev's controller would be > Oblivion with the X-box's.

Quoted post: I think Oblivion with the Rev's controller would be > Oblivion with the X-box's.

I must agree. First-person sword-swinging action? Sounds like it was made for the Rev.

Posted by Dexter

I am excited about the Nintendo Revolution; however, I'm easily excited about Nintendo projects. I'm also exceptionally excited about the ingenious design of the Revolution controller. I'm not too concerned about the drastic, innovative change they are taking. I imagine it will offer players a satisfying gaming experience. After becoming engrossed within the adventure of Zelda, I doubt I'll have complaints; only approval. Out of curiosity, can't you simply use the Game Cube's controller? I don't see why they wouldn't allow that.

I'd like to hear more about the Revolution's online capabilities. Is Super Smash Bros guaranteed to be online? That would certainly be something worth getting excited about. I wish Nintendo would reveal more.

Quoted post: Is Super Smash Bros guaranteed to be online?

Yup :D Should be a launch title too.

Posted by Major Kitty

Yea SSB will be one of the best games on the new gen console.
But is Oblivion only for 360?

Quoted post: But is Oblivion only for 360?

And PC