This is ridiculous.

Posted by maian

I can see the prupose of the polls board, but the threads there are retarded. It seems like anything that involves a question mark in the topic thread is now a "poll". Can we please refrain from making any interesting thrreads that could otherwise be in OT a poll? Let's either get rid of polls, or in the board, define what it is before anything with a ? becomes one.

Posted by Dexter

Where's the poll option to merge the two forums? If we do that, we will reduce the chance of a nOObs coming along and seeing there is a poll forum to discharge whatever ridiculous poll ideas that pops into their meager heads. I doubt we would get many 'what sort of underwear are you wearing' type threads if there was not a poll forum encouraging them to do so. Agreed?

Posted by Skitzo Control

Quoting Dexter: Where's the poll option to merge the two forums? If we do that, we will reduce the chance of a nOObs coming along and seeing there is a poll forum to discharge whatever ridiculous poll ideas that pops into their meager heads.
Agreed. The problem with the two boards is they are both extremely similar, with the only difference being, obviously, polls. Just merge the two, we're sick of it.
[quote=Dexter]I doubt we would get many 'what sort of underwear are you wearing'...
A silk thong.
[quote=Dexter]...type threads if there was not a poll forum encouraging them to do so. Agreed?

As you said before, just merge the two, and we'll no longer have to worry about this bullcrap.:)

Posted by Jesse Smith

Quoting Dexter: I doubt we would get many 'what sort of underwear are you wearing' type threads.

Don't tempt me!!! psst, for da bajillionth time, make a poll.

Posted by Dexter

Just pretend this is a poll.

Merge polls and off topic: 2 votes
Don’t merge them!: 0 votes

The major reason we had them separated many years ago was because we used to have way more traffic and we didn't necessarily have the modding power that we have today to keep things in order. Having two separate forums was helpful for such reasons, but we don't have that problem anymore. We have two regular mods and plenty of super mods. Also, the off topic and polls mods are the same these days anyway, so why should they even be separated? Polls can easily go into the off topic forum, and I think the place would be better suited that way.

Posted by sabre

"NEW CARTOONS CORRUPT PEOPLE'S MINDS RAAAAR."

Added a poll and voted yes.