Revolutions Real Controller

Posted by TendoAddict

Hello, fellow gamers,

I have been absent from these boards to get a break from topics about futur systems. But I must share with you this.

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3143782

Does it shock you?

It did me.

Posted by maian

[url=http://vgchat.com/showthread.php?t=8142]Uh...[/url]

Posted by TendoAddict

I couldt find it

so

UHH...

*runs*

Posted by Darkbackward

I prefer this thread as it doesn't boil fanboy blood.

Something I found very interesting was that during the Keynote speech it was stated that development time was cut significantly. Whatever this means, it means that Yuji Naka will personally support the revolution. Why? I read in an interview he is becoming disgusted with development times and costs as well as mature/complex controlled videogames.

That was all practically whipped by Nintendo in the keynote. So for sega fans (specifically sonic team) like me, this means almost a must buy.

When first heard of the fps dominance by a one handed controller, I simply knew that that would not take place. One hand controlling an open ended first person view game WILL NOT work. Which is why I like the add on so much. Granted, WASD is superior in strafing and movement to the analog stick, but the shooting seems superior to the mouse. It depends on how loose they make the analog, if they make it tighter I could see this competing nicely with mouse and wasd. So, while I blasted thoughts that a one handed controller could dethrone mouse and wasd I was right. But, as we've all learned, the revolution's controller isn't just ONE handed, it involves two, maybe even a third appendage (penis included :-D ). So good news on that front.

My only concerns are this: Nintendo's developing strategies (by this I mean, are we going to see more than one mario, or are we going to see mario party 9xl reload, if we see the former, good job nintendo, if we see the latter, I'm buying more ps3.) and another thing that bothered me was EA's verbal consult to Gamespy. I fret over this because it seems very plausible to me that EA would make an add on in addition to it's EXCLUSIVE sports titles that needs to be required in order to play the game. They would probably make custom controllers, special editions, anything for money, when EA gets involved you know their will be hell to pay, if Nintendo stops Satan (EA is the videogame world's Satan) then that is one more kudo for Nintendo.

Well, I'm personally incredibly excited, I'm just anxious to see how Sony responds (don't give a rat's *** about Microsoft), can they make something better, can they sell? Maybe they could put aside their differences and Team up together along with Sega and Ubi Soft (no EA) and create the best gaming sex in the history of the universe.

Well :-D :-D :-D :-D I like the controller, lets hope it doesn't fail and it succeeds and progresses gaming the way it was meant to be.

Posted by The Joker

Can it be used as a universal remote as well? You know, to control my stereo & TV.

Posted by Axis

I'm assuming that the thread creator is incapible of reading the titles of threads in this same area. :)

Lock please, boomstick.

Posted by enersha

I look forwards to actually trying it.

Posted by Aioros

[COLOR=Yellow]At least this thread has a better title.[/COLOR]

Posted by Speedfreak

Hm, thought you didn't like the controller?

Posted by Aioros

[COLOR=Yellow]I said i didn't like the way it looks.[/COLOR]

Posted by Bebop

[url=http://lostgarden.com/2005/09/nintendos-genre-innovation-strategy.html]Interesting article on the games market and Revoltuion controller[/url] Hopefully this should give people a better understanding on how Nintnedo views the market today and why the Revoltuion could be a success.

Posted by TendoAddict

Well I guess I just started the topic overagain.