Help! My Sprites Need Costumes for Hallowe'en...!

Posted by Minesweeper

... and I can't think of anything for them to dress up as! XP It's a little early for Hallowe'en, I know, but if I don't start spriting them now they won't be ready for Hallowe'en. ^^; Me = lazy. XD

THIS WILL BE A LONG POST! But if you have the time, please give it a look. I'm really stuck on ideas for costumes. T.T

So! Here's the deal: I'll post my sprites and a little description of the characters (if it's necessary). Just personality, whether or not they should be paired with someone (and who), possibly what kind of character they should dress up as. And you make suggestions for who or what they should be for Hallowe'en! ^^ General themes are also happily accepted. XD

A lot of the characters are my characters, thusly they're pretty much unused and probably unknown, so don't worry if you have no idea who they are - that's why I'm posting a quickie description. ^^;

First off, [url=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v89/LovelyConcerto/Halloween2005/halloweenideaszsandss.png]Zerostar and Shadowstar[/url] need new costumes. Zerostar's the "good" half, (kind, goofy, fun-loving), and Shadowstar's the not-so-good half (sarcastic, kinda cruel, spiteful). They always go as a pair, so they'll obviously need costumes that go together - opposite characters would be great. SS'd probably be a villain or some sort of dark hero type, but she can also go as a good or cute character, and ZS'd definitely be a good guy or a cute character (no evildoing for her :3). The gender of whomever they're cosplaying as isn't an issue - they'll dress up as anything or anyone if it sounds like fun. XD

[url=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v89/LovelyConcerto/Halloween2005/halloweenideasxandzero.png]X and Zero[/url] also need costumes. They should probably go with a matching theme, but they don't have to. Preferably male costumes, but female costumes have great humor potential. XD

[url=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v89/LovelyConcerto/Halloween2005/halloweenideasrockandrush.png]Rock and Rush[/url] would probably have good-guy- or neutral-character-type costumes, naturally, but anything goes with Hallowe'en. ^^ He can go paired with Rush, but he doesn't have to (I will use Rock, but I don't especially mind if I don't use Rush). Something funny'd be great. Picking on Rock is fun. XD

[url=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v89/LovelyConcerto/Halloween2005/halloweenideasforteandgospel.png]Forte and Gospel[/url], like Rock and Rush, may or may not go together, but he/they should definitely go as a villain or dark heroic type. Or something funny. Funny's always good. ^^

[url=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v89/LovelyConcerto/Halloween2005/halloweenideasblues.png]Blues[/url] can go as just about anyone. Which is why I'm having so much trouble thinking of a costume for him. XP Someone fundamentally cool would be wonderful. Maybe someone broody? I dunno. XP

[url=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v89/LovelyConcerto/Halloween2005/halloweenideasdream.png]Celestial Dream[/url], or just Dream for short, is (long story short) a spy, of sorts. She's kind and sensitive, but also a bit of a loner. She's generally pretty laid back, and while she enjoys a good laugh now and again she's usually pretty responsible. The gender of whomever she's dressing up as isn't an issue - male or female. I'd like hers to be someone kinda cool, though, or at least interesting. No goofiness!

Next up are [url=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v89/LovelyConcerto/Halloween2005/halloweenideascherry.png]Cherry Bomb[/url], or Cherry, and [url=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v89/LovelyConcerto/Halloween2005/halloweenideassteel.png]Steel[/url]. These two are both Reploids, Navigators for Hunter Base who also do double-duty as active Irregular Hunters. They're friends, so they could go with a theme, but it's really necessary. Cherry is a total tomboy, very arrogant and hot-headed. She loves to roughhouse. She's quick, but also pretty powerful. Steel, on the other hand, is quiet and usually withdrawn, though he does have a dry sense of humor and is actually quite sensitive. He moves slow, due to his heavy armor, but his defences are amazing.

I already have an idea for [url=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v89/LovelyConcerto/Halloween2005/halloweenideasartist.png]The Artist[/url]'s costume - Meijin Eguchi, a.k.a. Mr. Famous - but I'd like to see what other ideas youse mugs have for her. Her sanity is as wildly fluctuating as her color scheme (it changes every time she makes an appearance XD). She thinks she's "groovy", and has a bad habit of singing when Mog is around, thusly attracting... falling objects. Oo; She can create objects out of thin air, or change the appearance of existing objects - and even people - though the effects only last about a day, if she doesn't revert it herself. Almost anything goes as far as ideas for her costume is concerned. Be creative! ^^

And last, but not least, [url=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v89/LovelyConcerto/Halloween2005/halloweenideasmichiandpan.png]Michi and Pan[/url]. I'm not going to say much about these two, except that Michi is just a kid, and Pan is her Mechaniloid dog. Michi is sweet, kind of shy, and maybe a little bit spoiled, while Pan's fiercely loyal to her, despite being very much a puppy. :3 Something cute would be perfect for her, and while it's not important that she and Pan go together, it would be nice. ^^

And thar you have it. There MAY be one more character later. Maybe. >>; If I think of anything I missed, I'll add it.

So, gimme your ideas! ^^

Posted by Elazul Aoneko

a strange idea that will more than likely be shot down: have Rock go as Forte, Rush as Gospel, and vice-versa for each

and something I think would have been suggested eventually... Have Cherry go as Mary jane and Steel as Spidey...

Broody for Blues, eh? going along with the comic idea I had in the last suggestion... Batman!

Posted by Linko_16

Cherry? Steel? Michi and Pan? You've been holding out on us!

Zerostar and Shadowstar: Aeris and Tifa; Sonic and Shadow; Starfox and Falco; The Super Friends' Wonder Twins; Simple Angel and Devil

X and Zero/Mega Man and Bass: Mario and Luigi; Sonic and Shadow; Cloud and Sephiroth (perfect role for Zero)

Mega Man, Roll and Rush: Inspector Gadget, Penny and Brain.

Treble: Darkstalker's Jon Talbain

Proto Man: I can't argue... it's got to be Batman.

Celestial Dream: Could be pretty much anyone you can think of, but the hair reminds me of King of Fighter's Blue Mary...

... In fact, the other ones could be anyone you want since there don't have to be pairs or themes. Sorry for being lazy and quitting early.

I gotta say, though, It'd tickle me pink if you had all your characters just dress after Robot Masters.

Posted by Minesweeper

Elazul:: Those are great ideas. XD I really like the comic book characters ideas. :)

Linko:: I wasn't holding out on you! They've been in the Sprites Section at F:TSK for a long time now. ^^; Those are all wonderful ideas, a lot of things I'd never have thought of. ^^ Having them all go as Robot Masters would be a lot of fun. XD

Keep the ideas coming, people! :D *wants to hear a lot of ideas before making her picks*

Posted by Minesweeper

I'm using this same thread somewhere else, so in order to keep things tidy, I present The Ideas and Finished Sprites lists. *fanfare*

[SIZE=3]Ideas so far::[/SIZE]

From Elazul Aoneko:: [list]Rock as Forte, Rush as Gospel, and vice-versa
[*]Steel as Spiderman, Cherry as Mary-Jane
[*]Protoman as Batman (seconded by Linko ^^)[/list]
From Linko_16::
[list]Zerostar and Shadowstar: Aeris and Tifa; Sonic and Shadow; Starfox and Falco; The Super Friends' Wonder Twins; Simple Angel and Devil
[*]X and Zero/Mega Man and Bass: Mario and Luigi; Sonic and Shadow; Cloud and Sephiroth
[*]Mega Man, Roll and Rush: Inspector Gadget, Penny and Brain.
[*]Treble: Darkstalker's Jon Talbain
[*]Proto Man: I can't argue... it's got to be Batman.
[*]Celestial Dream: Could be pretty much anyone you can think of, but the hair reminds me of King of Fighter's Blue Mary...
[*]Robot Masters (*Cut Man, Elec Man, Air Man, Crash Man, Magnet Man, Gemini Man)[/list]
From Alastor::
[list]Rock as Dark Rockman
[*]Zero as Zelos
[*]ShadowMan, TenguMan, CutMan, SkullMan, Optimus Prime (=p)[/list]
From Zeta::
[list]ZS/SS - Soma Cruz, or Raine
[*]Rush/Gospel/Pan - Cerebus
[*]RockMan/X - GF Troopers (from Echoes)
[*]Zero - Nightmare's 3rd costume (SCII), Zelos
[*]Forte - Death
[*]Dream - Edward Elric (From Fullmetal Alchemist)
[*]Cherry Bomb: Samus (Zero Mission/Echoes)
[*]Steel - Glenn (Chrono Cross) or Cloud (durr, wat gam iz hee frum?!?/11//)
[*]Michi - Chibi Kung Fu Demon Maid (Persephone, if you prefer to shorten things.) Or Presea.[/list]
From Stalolin::
[list]A Natu[/list]

[SIZE=3]Completed Costumes::[/SIZE]
[list]Artist
[*]Blues
[*]Zerostar and Shadowstar
[*]Steel and Cherry Bomb
[*]Forte
[*]Dream
[*]Rockman
[*]X and Zero
[*]Michi and Pan[/list]

Please keep ideas coming! Just because I've finished a costume for someone, doesn't mean I don't want to hear ideas for them! I love doing cosplay sprites! <3

Posted by Elazul Aoneko

if only they had 32-bit tango sprites, then you'd have someone you could have cos as cait-sith...

oh, and I think I second the inspector Gadget idea, it's great XD

And although I like my idea for Forte to go as Rock, I still say his old ghost costume is the best. You still have sprites of that somewhere, don't you?

Will edit in actual suggestions when I can think of any more >.>;;

Posted by Minesweeper

XD I'd forgotten about Forte's ghost costume. ^^ I have his really old one, in 16-bit, from either the first or second hallowe'en group I did - which was way back when I still resized everything badly ^^;;; - and a 32-bit one from... I think last year. Ghost costumes are fun. XD

Everyone (self included) seems to like the idea of a Robot Master cosplay, but I don't know who should go as which RM. =^^= Nobody's offered any suggestions for that yet. T.T

So! Blues' outfit is done, and it looks pretty good (if I do say so myself ^^). However, it's not Batman. >>;; But maybe this'll make up for it!

Ghosties!
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v89/LovelyConcerto/NewSprites/ghosties.png[/IMG]

And ye olde BatBlues sprite. I don't think I even have the comic I used this sprite in anymore. In fact, I 'm 99.99% sure this is actually from the very first hallowe'en group I ever did. XD
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v89/LovelyConcerto/NewSprites/dontneednosteenkancape.png[/IMG]

Posted by Zeta

I'm kind of doing that 'OMG 2 weeks 'til this game I've been waiting forever for comes out!' so these might be mostly Castlevania themed (Although you have my word I won't suggest Succubus, or Alura Une, or anything in that category.)

ZS/SS: Soma Cruz. *Points to avatar on left* I'd like to see how they look with the coat. Or maybe Raine from ToS.

Rush/Treble/Pan: Cerberus(Maybe they could fuse or something to get the 3-head thing.)

RockMan/X: ... ... ...I can't think of anything. GF Troopers? (from Echoes)

Zero: Well, I was going to suggest Nightmare's 3rd costume (SCII), but then I saw Alastor's Zelos suggestion.

Forte: Death (Would go pretty good with a Cerberus Gospel.)

Dream: Edward Elric (From Fullmetal Alchemist; hair reminded me of Ed.)

Cherry Bomb: Samus (Zero Mission/Echoes uniform. Again, the hair style reminded me of it.)

Steel: Glenn (Chrono Cross) or Cloud (Do I even need to say what game he's from?)

Michi: Chibi Kung Fu Demon Maid (Persephone, if you prefer to shorten things.) Or Presea.

Posted by Linko_16

Quoting Zeta: Rush/Cerberus/Pan: Cerberus(Maybe they could fuse or something to get the 3-head thing.)

Assuming he meant Rush/Treble/Pan, this is a really @#$%ing good idea.

Posted by Minesweeper

[QUOTE=Zeta]I'm kind of doing that 'OMG 2 weeks 'til this game I've been waiting forever for comes out!' so these might be mostly Castlevania themed (Although you have my word I won't suggest Succubus, or Alura Une, or anything in that category.)
[quote]Rush/Cerberus/Pan: Cerberus(Maybe they could fuse or something to get the 3-head thing.)
:D

You gave some great ideas. :) And I like that coat. [SIZE=1]*wants teh spiffeh coat*[/SIZE] <<;; *steals teh spiffeh coat* >>;;

In other news, I made... something... for Forte, but I HIGHLY doubt I'm going to use it. XD I just made it 'cause I'm a strange, strange person, especially when exhausted. I might show it to youse mugz after I'm done with the REAL costumes (y'know, if I feel you all need to suffer greatly >:3).

Posted by The Judge

I just felt I'd contribute a little bit of the feel of this blog, since you all seem like such nice people.

Posted by Minesweeper

Well, I REEEEEEALLY like the idea of at least SOMEONE going as a Robot Master, but I can't pick just one. T.T Could someone (preferably a couple of someones ^^; ) name a handful of their favorites? Just a few, like three or so. 'Cause if I have to go and decide which one I want to use all by myself, I'll NEVER get done. XD (Keep in mind, I'm just looking for suggestions, i.e. inspiration. Just cause five out of five people say "OMG USE (*insert random word*)MAN!", that doesn't mean I WILL use that particular Robot Master. ;))

*pokes Judge with a loooooong stick* o_O;; What chu doin' in HERE? O_o;; *pokes s'more, then stops to laugh at MegaMan* Ah, that crazeh old Dr. Light and his wacky hijinks. XD *forgets what she was doing and wanders off to do some homework*

Posted by Alastor

Here goes. =D

OMG USE SHADOWMAN
OMG USE TENGUMAN
OMG USE CUTMAN
OMG USE SKULLMAN
OMG USE OPTIMUS PRIME

Wait, what. :(

Shadowstar as ShadowMan, maybe. :O

Posted by Stalolin

Someone needs to be dressed up like a Natu.

Posted by Linko_16

Cut Man
Elec Man
Air Man
Crash Man
Magnet Man
Gemini Man

And, of course...

[center]
THE ROCK MONSTER[/center]

Actually, don't do anyone as the Rock Monster. I have an idea for how to use him myself.

Posted by Minesweeper

Alastor:: :D Wouldn't that be OMG USE OPTIMUS PRIME MAN? XD

Stalolin:: Natu! [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v89/LovelyConcerto/Smilies3/icon_heart.gif[/IMG]

Linko:: Can't forget about the Rock Monster. [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v89/LovelyConcerto/Smilies3/icon_3nodding.gif[/IMG] I can't wait to see your idea for him. ^^

Posted by Alastor

ZS:: Why I said that really is I was trying to remember some of the Robot Masters, so I googled it. I didn't feel like going through alot of pages, so I switched to Google Images. Almost all the results were Japanese Transformers stuff. :P

Linko:: I have a pretty good feeling what you're going to use him for. >_>

Posted by Minesweeper

*sneaks in*

M'kay, s'been a while, but I FINALLY got ZS and SS's costume done. YAYZ!

... I'm so far behind. T.T

EDIT:: Cherry and Steel are done, too. HUZZAH!

Posted by Alastor

I'm going to be lazy and not look it up myself. Which do you not have done or still need ideas for?

Posted by Linko_16

... But... where are you posting them?

Posted by Alastor

I'd assume she's saving them for her Halloween comic(s) so they'll be a suprise. :)

Posted by Minesweeper

Indeedy. ^^

Completed Costumes::
[list]Artist
[*]Blues
[*]Steel and Cherry Bomb[/list]

I still need to make costumes for Rock (& Rush), Roll, Forte, Dream, Michi, X, and Zero.

Posted by Minesweeper

[list]Artist
[*]Blues
[*]Steel and Cherry Bomb
[*]Forte
[*]Dream[/list]

Two more down, a whole bunch to go - Rock (& Rush), Gospel, Roll, Michi, X, and Zero. @.@

Posted by Minesweeper

[list]Artist
[*]Blues
[*]Steel and Cherry Bomb
[*]Forte
[*]Dream
[*]Rockman[/list]

One more, though I didn't get one for Rush done. T.T I'm starting to wonder if I'll be able to finish these by Hallowe'en. :(

Posted by Zeta

You've still got about half a month, so of course you'll finish by Halloween, unlike a certain someone who shan't be mentioned. >>;

Posted by Minesweeper

^^

Well, long story short, I've got lotsa inspiration, and absolutely NO desire to do anything, save curling up in bed and throwing blunt objects at anyone who dares to enter my room. T.T Maybe I'll feel better once exams are done. >>;

Posted by Klarth

Are you still open to suggestions? If so, do someone in full Black Metal regalia. Example:

Posted by Linko_16

Quoting Minesweeper: I've got lotsa inspiration, and absolutely NO desire to do anything

Welcome to my life.

Posted by Minesweeper

Alrighty then. I actually finished Michi and Pan's costumes a day or two ago, but never posted that I had. ^^; I've also caved in and decided to reuse X and Zero's old costumes. ^^;; Me = lazy. XD Plus, I've started making the actual comics. ^(^^)^

However, I'm not going to start posting them YET. In the meanwhile, here's a couple I started last year and didn't use (at least, I don't think I did Oo; ).

[url=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v89/LovelyConcerto/StillComics3/newhalloween1.png]#1[/url]
[url=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v89/LovelyConcerto/StillComics3/newhalloween2.png]#2[/url]

(Don't worry if you don't recognize Blues' costume. ^^; )

Posted by Alastor

Ah, so that's where all those Pokemon costumes on your sheets came from. Interesting. :cool:

I recognize Blues', but I can't remember exactly where I've seen it. It was something of yours, but I'm not sure what. Maybe his casual one?

Posted by Minesweeper

It did end up being the base for a lot of the casual ones, but it's actually an oooooooold cosplay for a bunch of Wheel of Time comics I started. They never went anywhere. T.T