Pokemon Moveset Library

Posted by cool gamer dad

[SIZE=6][URL="http://www.vgchat.com/Encyclopedia/Stinger"]NEW POKEMON MOVESET LIBRARY[/URL][/SIZE]

Posted by cool gamer dad

[COLOR=lightblue]Getting started and moving right along:

Pokemon moveset-guide

[SIZE=5][COLOR=silver]--------------------[/COLOR][/SIZE]
[SIZE=5][COLOR=silver]Venusaur[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Venusaur @ Leftovers (Modest)
-Solarbeam
-Sunny Day
-Synthesis
-Sleep Powder/HP (Fire)

Grass types, sadly, aren't good for anything except Sunnybeaming. There are a few alternatives, though.

Venusaur @ Leftovers (Adamant)
-Swords Dance
-Sludge Bomb
-Sleep Powder
-Leech Seed or Synthesis

Venusaur @ Leftovers (Adamant)
-Swords Dance
-Sludge Bomb
-Toxic
-Leech Seed

You can either go for the Leech Seed/Toxic combo, or Swords Dance/Sludge Bomb deal. They both sorta work, just not as good as the Sunnybeamer.

--------------------
[SIZE=5][COLOR=silver]Charizard[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Charizard @ Salac Berry (Adamant or Jolly)
-Aerial Ace/Brick Break
-Belly Drum/Swords Dance
-Earthquake
-Overheat/Ancient Power

Most Charizards use Belly Drum.

Charizard @ Petaya Berry (Modest)
Ability: Blaze
-Substitute
-Dragon Claw
-Sunny Day
-Flamethrower/Fire Blast/Overheat

A strong move plus Sunny Day definitly works. Dragon Claw is a desperate filler, and then we get down to Substitute. Substitute down to where the berry activates (Adds to Special Attack), then sweep away.

Charizard @ Choice Band (Adamant)
-Brick Break
-Return
-Aerial Ace/HP Flying
-Earthquake

Choice Bander. Not all that bad.

--------------------
[SIZE=5][COLOR=silver]Blastoise[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Blastoise @ Leftovers (Lonely or Adamant)
-Substitute
-Focus Punch
-Surf
-Earthquake/Ice Beam

Subpunching is definitly an option here. Earthquake is common sense, as is Surf.

Blastoise @ Leftovers (Modest or Timid)
-Surf
-Rapid Spin/Haze
-Counter/Mirror Coat/Rest/Toxic
-Ice Beam

Makes a good UU Rapid Spinner...

Blastoise @ Salac Berry (Jolly)
-Endure
-Flail
-Earthquake
-Brick Break/Rapid Spin

Endure down to 1 HP, Salac activates, sweep with Flail. Max Attack and Speed EVs.

--------------------
[SIZE=5][COLOR=silver]Butterfree[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Butterfree @ Leftovers (Modest or Timid)
-Psychic
-Whirlwind
-Sleep Powder
-Silver Wind/Giga Drain

Lack of STAB really makes me cry. Why would they give a pokemon with a Special moovepool two Physical types? Use Silver Wind only if you're feeling unusually lucky with it's low cnance of boosting every single one of your stats, or if you feel like losing. Sunnybeaming works too. Boring.

--------------------
[SIZE=5][COLOR=silver]Beedrill[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Beedrill @ Liechi Berry/Leftovers (Jolly)
Ability: Swarm
-Aerial Ace/Return
-Swords Dance
-HP (Bug)/Sludge Bomb
-Brick Break/Substitute

Swords Dance until the berry decides to activate. The berry will raise your Attack, so you can start sweeping. You're gonna want Jolly to be sure you're faster than most of your opponent's pokemon. In game, it shouldn't matter too much at all.

--------------------
[SIZE=5][COLOR=silver]Pidgeot[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[COLOR=mediumturquoise]Pidgeot @ Choice Band (Jolly)[/COLOR]
-Aerial Ace
-Quick Attack
-Return/Double-Edge
-Steel Wing/HP (Ground)

It works alright. Your typical Choice Banding bird sed (Or at least similar to the others). Common Choice Band set.

Pidgeot @ Leftovers (Adamant)
-Rest
-Sleep Talk
-Return/Double-Edge
-Aerial Ace/HP Flying

This combo, I'm sorry to say, works much better on Wailord. I guess it's a semi-decent alternative to the typical Choice Band Pidgeot.

--------------------
[SIZE=5][COLOR=silver]Raticate[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[COLOR=mediumturquoise]Raticate @ Leichi Berry/Salac Berry (Jolly or Adamant)[/COLOR]
-Shadow Ball
-Endeavor
-Substitute
-Quick Attack

This works well, surprisingly. It kinda' changed the way I look at the ugly rat. Anyway, obviously what you do is Substitute down to the point where you have low enough health to make Endeavor useful. When you get around to using it, it'll bring your opponent's health down to where you can use a fast Quick Attack to finish it off. What do you do afterwards? Attempt a sweep, perhaps?

Raticate @ Leftovers (Jolly)
-Swords Dance
-Thunderwave
-Return
-Shadow Ball

Sup I'm Raticate

Raticate @ Choice Band (Jolly)
-Shadow Ball
-Return
-Quick Attack
-Filler

I honestly don't know what to put in that last slot. HP (Fighting) perhaps? That doesn't do any good for ingaming, though. I suppose you can do Endure/Reversal once Emerald comes out (A Move-Tutor teaches Endure, while Reversal is an Egg Move).

--------------------
[SIZE=5][COLOR=silver]Fearow[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[COLOR=mediumturquoise]Fearow @ Choice Band (Jolly)[/COLOR]
-Drill Peck
-Quick Attack
-Steel Wing/HP (Ground)
-Return

Steel Wing for ingaming. He's pretty much a Pidgeot plus Drill Peck (Which is a good thing, of course). I don't think this particular set needs explaining.

--------------------
[SIZE=5][COLOR=silver]Arbok[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[COLOR=mediumturquoise]Arbok @ Leftovers (Adamant)[/COLOR]
-Earthquake
-Sludge Bomb
-Haze/Rock Slide/HP (Ghost)
-Glare/Toxic

Another potential Choice Bander, but I thought that that would be too repeditive. And why can't this thing learn Swords Dance? At the very least, Light Screen..? Well, you've got potential here...You obviously don't want Glare and Toxic in the Same set. Haze negates your Intimidate...But it might prove useful in certain situations.

Arbok @ Choice Band (Jolly)
-Earthquake
-Rock Slide
-Return/HP (Ghost)
-Sludge Bomb

Just because I know you wanted the set anyway.

--------------------
[SIZE=5][COLOR=silver]Raichu[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Raichu @ Leftovers (Modest or Timid)
-Thunderbolt
-Thunder Wave
-Brick Break
-Counter

Maybe miracles happen. This set is mainly revolving around the possiblilty of being hit by an Earthquaker, which pretty much every team has. Thunderbolt and Thunder Wave are two moves that you'd have to be crazy to go without (Unless you've got another strategy). Brick Break is in there for one reason: A lot of Earthquakers are also Rock type. You can tell when a 'quake is coming, so give Counter a shot. Or not.

Raichu @ Leftovers (Timid)
-Light Screen
-Wish
-Thunderbolt
-Thunderwave/Brick Break

Pseudo-passer. Yeah. Light Screen, Thunderwave, Wish, Switch. Brick Break is also an option, but not the wisest one.

Raichu @ Brightpowder (Timid)
-Thunderbolt
-Double Team
-Thunder Wave
-Brick Break/Return/Light Screen

Double-Teamer. Brightpowder ups your Evasion right from the start. Double Team sweetens the deal, skyrocketing your Evasion. Thunderbolt and Thunderwave are, once again, common sense. Brick Break, is once again, just in case. Light Screen is pretty attractive. I have a mean old project due, so I'll be getting back to you guys later.

--------------------
[SIZE=5][COLOR=silver]Sandslash[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Sandslash @ Salac Berry/Leftovers (Jolly/Adamant respectively)
-Rock Slide
-Swords Dance
-Earthquake
-Aerial Ace/Counter/Substitute

Pretty easy. Swords Dance until the berry activates (Or Substitute your health down to where it will) then sweep away. Use Jolly if you're using the Salac Berry. Otherwise, try to go with Adamant, because Jolly without the Salac Berry isn't going to help your speed much. Earthquake with STAB is a must. Aerial Ace kills pure Grass types, and Counter is always nice...But Sandslashes weaknesses happen to be Special. HP Rock if you don't like Rock Slide. EVs in Speed and Attack.

Sandslash @ Brightpowder (Adamant)
Ability: Sand Veil
-Sandstorm
-Double Team
-Earthquake
-Rock Slide/Toxic

This set is taking advantage of Sandslash's ability, Sand Veil. It raises Sandslash's Evasion whenever there's a Sandstorm going on. Not only that, but you've also got Brightpowder going on, lowering his chances of being hit even further. Then you've got Double Team, of course. Earthquake doesn't need explaining. Both Rock Slide and Toxic are options, but only use Toxic if you feel you're not going to run into any Flying types (Or maybe they won't even send their bird out against your Sandslash because they're expecting Rock Slide on it).

Sandslash @ Leftovers (Adamant)
-Focus Punch
-Substitute
-Earthquake
-Rock Slide

Subpuncher. Rock Slide and Earthquake are Sandslash's g0ds.

--------------------
[SIZE=5][COLOR=silver]Nidoqueen[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Nidoqueen @ Leftovers (Modest or Timid)
-Surf
-Ice Beam
-Thunderbolt
-Flamethrower/Fire Blast

Uhh...Special Nidoqueen. If this needs explaining to you...It shoudn't.

Nidoqueen @ Leftovers (Adamant or Jolly)
-Earthquake
-Rock Slide
-Shadow Ball
-Sludge Bomb

Word. Pure physical pokemon. These sets kinda' bore me though, not sure about you.

Nidoqueen @ Leftovers (Adamant or Jolly)
-Substitute
-Focus Punch
-Earthquake
-Sludge Bomb

Another Subpuncher. A Subpuncher with two STAB moves. Nidoqueen's HP is deserving of Leftovers (I'm just typing random stuff to make it look like I'm doing a lot of hard, tiresome work).

--------------------
[SIZE=5][COLOR=silver]Nidoking[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Nidoking @ Choice Band (Jolly)
-Shadow Ball/Focus Punch
-Earthquake
-Sludge Bomb
-Rock Slide

Choice Band? You can actually use any of the Nidoqueen sets for Nidoking. Shadow Ball to fight the Psychic weakness, Rock Slide for the Ice and any Flying types you come across (Skarmory), and Sludge Bomb and Earthquake just because they plain own on Nidoking.

--------------------
[SIZE=5][COLOR=silver]Clefable[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Clefable @ Salac Berry (Jolly)
-Belly Drum
-Return
-Shadow Ball
-Meteor Mash/Substitute

It works I guess. You better make sure you're faster than your opponent with the Salac Berry and the Jolly personality. So, you Belly Drum half of your health, and chances are the next attack that you recieve is going to bring your health low enough for the Salac Berry to activate. Then proceed to sweep with Return, and Shadow Ball for ghosties.

Clefable @ Leftovers (Jolly or Timid [specials])
-Light Screen
-Wish
-Reflect
-Return/Psychic/Shadow Ball/Thunderwave

Clefable makes a decent pseudo-passer. Set up your barriers, Wish, then switch out. Return is in the set for a last resort. Shadow Ball might be needed to get Ghosts off of your back. Thunderwave is always a nice to pass to the next pokemon, but you're probably going to end up using Clefable physically. Psychic is an option if you'd like to rape Fightings.

Clefable @ Leftovers (Modest)
-Calm Mind
-Thunderbolt
-Psychic
-Ice Beam

You use Calm Mind, then you attack.

Clefable @ Leftovers (Timid)
-Cosmic Power
-Toxic/Seismic Toss
-Softboiled
-Shadow Ball

Tanking Clefable yay.

--------------------
[SIZE=5][COLOR=silver]Ninetales[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Ninetales @ Petaya Berry/Leftovers (Modest or Timid)
Ability: Flash Fire
-Overheat/Flamethrower
-Sunny Day
-Hypnosis/Confuse Ray/Return
-Substitute/Confuse Ray/Return

Sunny-Beaming Ninetales.

Ninetales @ Leftovers (Modest)
-Confuse Ray
-Will-o-Wisp
-Flamethrower
-Roar/Grudge

A pretty solid set for the Nine-tailed one. Flamethrower is reliable, and almost any pokemon that can learn Confuse Ray should use it. Will-o-Wisp rocks hard. Roar is a big part of this set. You can Roar, Will-o-Wisp, repeat. It ruins physical pokemon.

--------------------
[SIZE=5][COLOR=silver]Wigglytuff[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Wigglytuff @ Leftovers (Adamant)
Ability: Cute Charm
-Light Screen
-Counter
-Double-Edge/Return
-Shadow Ball

Wigglytuff's ability, Cute Charm, gives it the ability to charm anything that hits it physically 30% of the time. To encourage your opponent to use physical attacks, use Light Screen to boost your Special Defense. Now that you know your opponent is going to start using physical moves on you, you can use Counter without the fear of them using a Special move. Shadow Ball is for Ghosts that Double-Edge/Return can't hit.

Wigglytuff @ Leftovers (Adamant)
-Double-Edge/Return
-Substitute
-Focus Punch
-Shadow Ball/Thunderwave

Subpunch? Double-Edge/Return for STAB, and Shadow Ball for countering Ghosts. Thunderwave is just plain cool if you don't feel the need to watch the Ghosties.

Wigglytuff @ Leftovers (Timid or Modest or Impish)
-Fake Tears
-Ice Beam
-Thunderbolt/Focus Punch
-Psychic/Substitute/Focus Punch

Block the status move with Substitute and Fake Tears your opponent. Then Special them. Fake Tears usually forces switches, so use Focus Punch if you suspect a switch.

--------------------
[SIZE=5][COLOR=silver]Golbat[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Golbat @ Leftovers (Adamant)
-Sludge Bomb
-Shadow Ball
-Confuse Ray
-Aerial Ace

Even if it's not fully evolved, I made a set for it anyway. Only because it was a fully evolved until G/C/S. It's a sorta' plain set, though.

Golbat @ Choice Band (Jolly)
-Shadow Ball
-Aerial Ace
-Sludge Bomb
-Quick Attack/HP (Ground)

Choice Band. This is the same set that's going to be on Crobat. Just thought I'd let you know.

--------------------
[SIZE=5][COLOR=silver]Vileplume[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Vileplume @ Salac Berry (Timid)
-Swords Dance
-Sludge Bomb
-Substitute
-Sleep Powder

I kinda' like this set. Swords Dance down to the Salac, and possibly sweep. Low Speed sorta hurts the poor thing, though. There's better sets, I guess.

Vileplume @ Leftovers/Petaya Berry (Timid)
-Sunny Day
-Solar Beam
-Synthesis/Sleep Powder
-HP (Fire)/Sleep Powder

Standard set for a Vileplume.

--------------------
[SIZE=5][COLOR=silver]Parasect[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Parasect @ Leftovers (Adamant)
-Sludge Bomb/Return
-Spore
-Swords Dance
-Counter/Light Screen

Pretty simple set. Counter backs Parasect's quad weakness to Flying. If you suspect a flying move coming, counter. Spore is excellent, especially with Swords Dance. Spore + Swords, then own with Return or Sludge. Light Screen encourages physical attacks, taking advantage of his ability.

--------------------
[SIZE=5][COLOR=silver]Venomoth[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Venomoth @ Leftovers (Adamant or Jolly)
-Sludge Bomb
-Sleep Powder/Stun Spore/Toxic
-Silver Wind/Signal Beam
-Thief/Psychic

Venomoth isn't that good. As you can see, this a pretty generic set. :(

Venomoth @ Choice Band (Jolly or Adamant)
-Psychic
-Sludge Bomb
-Silver Wind/Signal Beam
-Aerial Ace/Return

Booooring Choice Bander. Finally done with Venomoth.

--------------------
[SIZE=5][COLOR=silver]Dugtrio[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Dugtrio @ Brightpowder (Adamant or Jolly)
Ability: Arena Trap
-Toxic
-Earthquake
-Rock Slide
-Double Team

Trapper.

Dugtrio @ Choice Band (Adamant or Jolly)
Ability: Arena Trap
-Earthquake
-Aerial Ace/HP Flying
-Rock Slide
-Sludge Bomb

Choice Band.

--------------------
[SIZE=5][COLOR=#c0c0c0]Persian[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Persian @ Leftovers (Adamant or Jolly)
-Fake Out
-Return
-Shadow Ball
-Hypnosis

Persian is a really good UU pokemon if you're looking for a filler. EVs in Attack and Speed.

--------------------
[SIZE=5][COLOR=#c0c0c0]Primeape[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Primape @ Salac Berry (Jolly or Adamant)
-Bulk Up
-Endure/Substitute
-Reversal
-HP Ghost/HP Flying/Rock Slide

Use Bulk Up once or twice, Endure (Or Substitute if you're afraid of status moves) and Reversal. Focus EVs in Speed and Attack.

Primeape @ Leftovers (Jolly or Adamant)
-Bulk Up
-Cross Chop
-Earthquake
-Rock Slide

Basic but effective in UU games.[/COLOR]

Posted by Mystic Hero

Hmm not a bad idea. This may help some nobbie trainers out that need a good move set for a particular Pokemon. Someone sticky this.

Anyway, I'm not a big fan of Parasect so I'll let someone else add that one. But I do have some excellent move sets for later coming Pokemon whihc I will be more than happy to post when you get to that number.

Posted by cool gamer dad

Updated with Persian and Primeape. I went through the whole article and corrected some moveset/trait mistakes.

Posted by Flounder

i added pictures of the pokemon that have movesets ;) i will add pictures when a moveset is added as long as i am informed

by the way..jynx is listed twice

Posted by GameMiestro

Do you have a lot of free time on you hands?

Posted by Flounder

no im just not a noob and know how to do them fast using shortcuts ;)

Posted by GameMiestro

I was talking to Stinger...

Posted by cool gamer dad

Yes, but a small amount of it was used in the construction. Most of those movesets listed are standard and... memorized through gameplay. In result, I didn't have to slave over a moovepool for each pokemon.

And John: If you see something like that, feel free to fix it.