Not sure quite what I need...

Posted by Proto Man

I need a license for Windows Server 2003, but when I go to look to buy one, there are 4 types, and I am not sure which I want, or exactly what they are for.

Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Client Access License Per User

Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Client Access License Per Device

Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Terminal Server CAL Per User

Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Terminal Server CAL Per Device

Posted by Wicked Sushi

Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Client Access License Per User
This is for corporations who only want to order about five or less licenses.
[quote]With the release of Windows Server 2003, there are two types of Windows CALs to choose from, device-based or user-based, known as Windows Device CALs or Windows User CALs. This means you can choose to acquire a Windows CAL for every Device (used by any user) accessing your servers, or you can choose to acquire a Windows CAL for every Named User accessing your servers (from any device).

Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Client Access License Per Device
This is for corporations who only want to order about five or more licenses.
[quote]With the release of Windows Server 2003, there are two types of Windows CALs to choose from, device-based or user-based, known as Windows Device CALs or Windows User CALs. This means you can choose to acquire a Windows CAL for every Device (used by any user) accessing your servers, or you can choose to acquire a Windows CAL for every Named User accessing your servers (from any device).

Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Terminal Server CAL Per User
This is for corporations who only want to order about five or less licenses.
[quote]The Terminal Server component of Windows Server 2003 builds on the solid foundation provided by the application server mode in Windows 2000 Terminal Services. Terminal Server lets you deliver Windows-based applications, or the Windows desktop itself, to virtually any computing device

Posted by Proto Man

Ok, thank you!

So I guess what what I need to get then is Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Client Access License Per Device, right? Because here is the scoop, I have the software, but I need a key to activate it. So I guess that is what I would need to get.