Proposing a new rule:

Posted by sabre

Okay, so a lot of people seem to think that it's funny to post spoilers all over the place, but fact is it seems to be irritating quite a few members, and rightly so. I was po'd by the "LOL [spoiler]SNAPE[/spoiler] KILLS [spoiler]DUMBLEDORE[/spoiler]" stuff that went around, and though I have no intention to watch the FF7 film, I think it's unfair on the people who were looking forward to it that some people are totally spoiling it like this, it's a really bastardly thing to do. Therefore, I propose that any major spoiler regarding a game, film, book, or anything of the sort should be posted in spoiler tags, and any post with nothing to add but a spoiler (e.g., someone posting "GNOMEY DIES" or whatever in the middle of a thread about whatever book x character features in) should be against the rules.

Thoughts and refinements?

Posted by Shin-Ra

I'm behind this completely. Especially since Advent Children, of all things, hasn't even been released in the US/ Europe yet. It's entirely rude and I'd like to see things such as this prevented in the future. I mean, this already happened previously with Harry Potter. I don't read those books, but I still believe it's rude and childish to go around with no intent other than "X person dies".

Posted by Ant

Hmm, but would it be against the rules to post a spoiler that's not true? Because the one about Cloud getting killed isn't true(if you didn't know).

Posted by Klarth

Two-week ban for anything like this, please. Even if it is pit. He's funny and all, but come on.

Posted by MetalVox~55

I concur ten billion percent.

And make an example of whoever spoiled that FF advent children thread. Ban them asap.

Posted by Shin-Ra

Quoting Ant: Hmm, but would it be against the rules to post a spoiler that's not true? Because the one about Cloud getting killed isn't true(if you didn't know).

... If that's true, you just made my day.

Still, this rule needs to be passed to prevent something similar to this from happening (similar to the Harry Potter thing then, if this "spoiler" turns out to be false)

Posted by Alastor

Alastor agrees!

Seriously, spoilers suck. Something should be done.

Ant: It could still be considered a spoiler unless they know what happens afterward, so yeah, the [spoiler]Snapeiroth kills Dumblecloud[/spoiler] thing should still be punishible, IMO.

Posted by Ant

I normally tell people to just watch the movie/read the book if they really want to find out if the spoiler is true or not. But in this case I just wanted to make sure that got cleared up.

In any case, I approve of said actions. Ban them for like...a day...maybe 2. I think the hate they would recieve is enough "punishment" for the offenders.

Posted by Stalolin

I agree to this idea, but I've got one small comment on it.

We shouldn't bother with it if the spoiler isn't from something popular or contemporary. (Quick spoiler for the book The Great Gatsby, basically me trying to prove a point.) I don't think too many people on this site would really care if someone shouted "GATSBY DIES"

Posted by Ant

Quoting Stalolin: I agree to this idea, but I've got one small comment on it.

We shouldn't bother with it if the spoiler isn't from something popular or contemporary. (Quick spoiler for the book The Great Gatsby, basically me trying to prove a point.) I don't think too many people on this site would really care if someone shouted "GATSBY DIES"

You f[COLOR=White]u[/COLOR]cking assh[COLOR=White]o[/COLOR]le! SOME OF US WERE STILL READING IT!

Posted by Pit

Quoting Klarth: Two-week ban for anything like this, please. Even if it is pit. He's funny and all, but come on.

Like if I started the spoiler. LIKE IF IT WASN'T SPOILED FOR ME.

Posted by Jesse Smith

[spoiler]Didn't we allready have this rule???[/spoiler]

Posted by D.J Cat

Spoilers should be a crime as far as I see it.

Its not so much a rule just general respect to not do it.

Yeah with 13 - 0 votes I think this will go ahead now.

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

Yes, I thought this rule was all ready enforced. Anyways, of course I'm all for strict use of the spoiler tags, and a one week ban for anyone who fails to use them when necessary.

Posted by Pit

SPOILER:

CLOUD DOESN'T DIE.

Posted by sabre

Rule added.