Do you have a band?

Posted by VirtualRealityZone

I don't really know if this is in the right forum or not so...if it's in the wrong one please move it.

Do you have a band? If so, please post a little information about your band like what genre you guys play,what instrument/equipment do you play in the band, whats the name of the band, etc.

My bands name: Seasons of Regret
[IMG]http://img364.imageshack.us/img364/7103/sor2qq.gif[/IMG]
Genre: Harddriving 4 piece Metal/Rock band
Instrument/Equipment: Lead Guitar/ Ibanez SA series Slim neck.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Music board get!

Posted by MetalVox~55

Quoting Vampiro: Music board get!

Speaking of band:
Dude! you need to come down here :(

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

It's true :(

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

Well, kinda...but we haven't done anything yet.

Plus, I'm my own band. I have almost all of the instruments I could ever need in one program (GPO). Nevermind my piano, keyboard, sax and guitar (which I never play :(), and also other programs.

Posted by sabre

Moved to the board of musicalness!

And no, not as such. If I were, then I'd probably be playing my six-string bass, as it's the only instrument I'm good at. :P

Posted by Wicked Sushi

I have a band, yeah.
Members are Fruity Loops, Windows Sound Recorder and myself.

For our shitty electronica music, visit http://www.myspace.com/trisomy21myspace.

But seriously, I would love to be in a real band. Preferably hiphop, metal or grindcore, with offensive, funny material.

Posted by Porcupine

I'm giving bands a break for a bit so I can concentrate on developing my skills and composing. Though I am still occasionally recording my own songs and such.

[url=http://www.vgchat.com/showthread.php?t=8001]Equipment[/url] - [url=http://jkw.dmusic.com]Recordings[/url]

Posted by Wicked Sushi

Quoting Porcupine: I'm giving bands a break for a bit so I can concentrate on developing my skills and composing. Though I am still occasionally recording my own songs and such.

I like the piano play under the first song. :)

Posted by Shin_Akuma

I'm in about 5 bands right now 0.o **** me and my drumming skills.

Posted by Killer Jordo

I fill in for my friends band if the drummer isnt their. I'm not very good so they have I have tto change the drum lines and such. I also play in a JAzz band with my friends I play Tenor SAxohone

Posted by The Punisher

Im in a band, the only Phycadelic Grindcore Hippy Death Metal band ever. Honestly i think thats more or less our genre if we were to be labled. Ive got a peavy milestone bass (4 string). It doesnt sound as bad as i figured it would. But i actualy rather use it than anything else unless of course Billy Shehan were to give me his bass!

Posted by MetalVox~55

Quoting The Punisher: Im in a band, the only Phycadelic Grindcore Hippy Death Metal band ever. Honestly i think thats more or less our genre if we were to be labled. Ive got a peavy milestone bass (4 string). It doesnt sound as bad as i figured it would. But i actualy rather use it than anything else unless of course Billy Shehan were to give me his bass!

Billy Shehan is super crazy on bass. Props :cool:

Posted by The Punisher

Yea, yesterday I was watching him play with Steve Via and some guy who looked like Tiger Woods, and he did a bass solo, it was insane, and also the first time I have ever seen a bass tap solo.

Posted by MetalVox~55

Quoting The Punisher: Yea, yesterday I was watching him play with Steve Via and some guy who looked like Tiger Woods, and he did a bass solo, it was insane, and also the first time I have ever seen a bass tap solo.

G3 Live in Denver?

Posted by Crazy Canuck

I'm playing in a progressive/metal band. We're Megadeth meets Dream Theater meets Cacophony. Shredding lead guitar, chugg riffing, soaring vocals... fun music. :cool:

Posted by The Punisher

Yea were wroking on a few different people for vocals. Its still pretty cool. Its a chick who sounds like the singer from the craberries.

Posted by Vampire Slayer

Me and my friends are talking about forming a band kind of like the Doors. We just need to start driving and we can meet more often and practice.

Posted by TheSecondComing

I'm in a kind of poppy grungy band. I play bass but not very well, I much prefer (and am much better at) guitar, but I actually owned the bass unlike many other guitarists-who-can-play-bass-too so I got invited in. We recently recorded a demo which actually got interest from a management company, but I think we're still a long way off from getting 'serious'.

Posted by MetalVox~55

Yay, we're auditioning a bassist on Sunday. fun fun fun times :D

Posted by The Punisher

Yeah boy. All I do most of the day is play bass, cuz im a loser and have no life. Bass owns all though.

Posted by TheSecondComing

Quoting MetalVox~55: Yay, we're auditioning a bassist on Sunday. fun fun fun times :D

Most hardcore bassissts I've met have ranged from pretty weird to dickhead. So I would say that that would be 'fun'. Or at least... 'interesting' :)

Posted by MetalVox~55

Quoting TheSecondComing: Most hardcore bassissts I've met have ranged from pretty weird to dickhead. So I would say that that would be 'fun'. Or at least... 'interesting' :)

But, we're not hardcore. We're metal. Metal bassists are cool :)

Posted by Vampire Slayer

Quoting MetalVox~55: Yay, we're auditioning a bassist on Sunday. fun fun fun times :D

Good luck with that. I hope you find a kick *** bassist! I know its hard to find bass players cause everyone wants to play guitar. Again good luck man!

Posted by MetalVox~55

Quoting The Punisher: Yeah boy. All I do most of the day is play bass, cuz im a loser and have no life. Bass owns all though.

How long have you been playing?

Quoting Vampire Slayer: Good luck with that. I hope you find a kick *** bassist! I know its hard to find bass players cause everyone wants to play guitar. Again good luck man!

Thank ya :chainsaw:

Posted by The Punisher

Close to a year, but there was some downtime in the middle when I had to go somewhere to get practise. Now ive been putting in five or so hours a day on bass, and im getting a lot better.

Posted by MetalVox~55

Quoting The Punisher: Close to a year, but there was some downtime in the middle when I had to go somewhere to get practise. Now ive been putting in five or so hours a day on bass, and im getting a lot better.

Cool cool. Keep at it.

Posted by The Punisher

Yeah, since my social life is dwindling away, ill have a lot more time to play.