i have sad news to report.

Posted by goku262003

http://sonic101.proboards21.com/index.cgi?board=News&action=display&thread=1126389172&page=1

:( ill never respect sega again.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Who cares?

The VOs were all ****ty to begin with.

Posted by Boner

I also have sad news to report.

goku262003 still posts here.

[/burn]

Posted by Linko_16

Further proof of how television shows based off videogames absolutely ruin the series.

Posted by Ant

Huh, that sucks what they did to Ryan. But it still won't stop me from buying the game...(or not, depends on reviews)

And honestly, I don't really think the guy that does the voice for sonic on Sonic X is THAT bad. But I do think Ryan did it better. Ah well..

Posted by Arczu

Really, why does Sega like to screw their mascott so badly? They need to listen to what the fans would like to see, and not the shouts of greed.

They can come up with great ideas, but they excecute them absolutely retardedly.

Posted by Wicked Sushi

I really don't care how Sonic sounds like, until they fix other parts of the games, like the camera movements.

I wish we were in the NES era so noone could complain about stuff like this.

Posted by Jo-Jo-The-Hedgie

Quoting goku262003: http://sonic101.proboards21.com/index.cgi?board=News&action=display&thread=1126389172&page=1

:( ill never respect sega again.

Why are you so mad, why wont you respect them again anyway sonic is from Sonic Team and sega, everyone knows that

Posted by WILLETH FOR MONTHS

Am I alone in preferring the voice for Sonic X?

Posted by Zeta

Heh, as soon as I saw this thread I knew it would be about the voice actor change. The only reason the 4Kids voice actors sound bad is because of 4Kids' ****ty voice directing. I've heard that the Sonic X voice actors have been practicing a lot to sound like the former voice actors. Sega needed a new VA for Eggman, anyways(His Sonic X VA is pretty good.) and as long as Knuckles doesn't sound like Yami Yugi I'll be okay with this.

"Believe in the Heart of the Emeralds" XD LOL

Still though, that's pretty **** cruel of Sega for ousting Drummond like that.

[quote]Am I alone in preferring the voice for Sonic X?
I'm not against it, but I'm not for it, either. I'm not going to pass judgement until I play the game.

Posted by GameMiestro

Kind of depressing what they did to the guy... what will he do now?

Posted by Zeta

Hopefully he'll manage to find another VA job.

It's kinda funny: When Sega start work on a Sonic game, it starts out really good. But then, somehow, they find a way to throw a monkey wrench into the game.

Posted by Seres Aran

I don't really mind the voices for Sonic X... except for Tails and Amy. Tails because he doesn't sound like himself, Amy because her voice is SO worn out. 4kids must be poor. Thye use the same voices for all these different characters. It's annoying. Amy- Serenity, tha mutant bear thing on One Piece, a Winx (if I remember correctly), and like two others. Eggman was even another character. He was that old man that challenged Yami Yugi for his god cards at the beginning of the DOOM series. I'm not complaining (much), I'm just saying. It's annoying having all these characters with the same voice acting. Me and a few friends got together and thought up the voices 4kids would use for Kingdom Hearts characters (IF they were allowed to dub it). We concluded that Sora would have Ash Ketchum's voice, Ansem would have Yami Yugi's voice, Kairi would have Serenity's voice, and the list goes on. See how annoying that would be? 4kids... get some originality...

I guess they did okay with the voices for Sonic X...

Posted by GameMiestro

I really wish Tails didn't sound like a girl.

There's a complete shortage of voice actors for English dubs of stuff. I mean, how much work has the voice of Ash from Pokémon got? And all he can do is that one voice. The same with Misty - she was in Ape Escape 2, ffs.

Posted by Zeta

Quoting Wings: The same with Misty - she was in Ape Escape 2, ffs.

She's also voicing Blaze the Cat in Sonic Rush.

You're kidding. Ugh. Might stop me getting it.

At least she won't have many chances to speak...

.. I hope.

Posted by FerreTrip

...Wait...Oh, my God, I'm clueless; I thought that was Sonic's original voice actor in Shadow!! I KNEW something was fishy when I found out Espio, Sonic, and Shadow held the same actor...And 4Kids doing Kingdom Hearts? Think: This is dealing with a game that makes Disney kick-***. No WAY would 4Kids be allowed the voice work. Somebody's gotta do SOMETHING with 4Kids.
Oh, and man, I'm also really sad they're dropping Ryan. He did a perfect job. Tails also had a fine voice in SA and SA2. I didn't like his new voice in Heroes, but his actor in Shadow sounded like a boy at some point. Gah...Well, I bet nobody cares.

Posted by Darth Vader

Wuz that teh guy from the old sonic cartoons? If not, then I don't care.

if so, then :(

Posted by Golden Archer

Jeez, 4kids/Sega have been going down lately, everyone was worried that 4kids would destroy Naruto, luckily Cartoonnetwork did a pretty good job. But besides that, I mean I really liked sonics voice, it was cheery :/. (100th posts! and it only took...about 8 months...)

Posted by Alex_DX

I dont care about the voice !!! i care about the episodes !! Sonic Rulzz

Posted by Linko_16

In Sonic the Hedgehog, a short appearence of the Chao in one of the levels had them screaming out "Chao! Chao!"

4KIDS RUINS VIDEOGAMES. PERIOD.

Posted by Alex_DX

Hey I don't care if the sonic vioce is an oder it is just the game .

Posted by Linko_16

It is a good thing indeed that the Sonic Voice is not an odor. Then we'd have to smell him instead of listen to him.

I did, however, manage to understand from your post, "just the game." For this, you may die in a hole.

Posted by Zeta

[url=comproom.ytmnd.com]4Kids has ruined Vector[/url]. Apart from his new voice, I can tolerate everyone.

Jaleel White should be Sonic's voice actor again.

Posted by Proto Man

Quoting Zeta:
Jaleel White should be Sonic's voice actor again.

Quoted for truth!

He was the first to even give Sonic a voice, and he did it the best IMO.

In fact, I don't really like Sonic in Sonic X, he comes off almost too cocky, and maybe a bit simple minded even. In The Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog, he was always sure of himself, and on top of things, and Jaleel White was perfect for the voice. He characterized Sonic how Sonic should be, with that bad attitude. When you watched Sonic the Hedgehog, and The Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog, you knew that's how Sonic should be.

I always imagined Vector to sound like Sam Rockwell's Zaphod, except less wild and more geeky.

Quoted post: I always imagined Vector to sound like Sam Rockwell's Zaphod, except less wild and more geeky.

Posted by Linko_16

I never heard Jaleel White play Sonic, but I have no doubt he could be better than, like, half of the voice actors they have.

I hate all the new Chaotix, myself. I liked the old [url=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v96/Linko_16/Sprites/Vector1.gif]Vector of Knuckles Chaotix[/url], back when he was [url=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v96/Linko_16/Sprites/Vector2.gif]sleek[/url], [url=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v96/Linko_16/Sprites/Vector3.gif]cool[/url] and [url=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v96/Linko_16/Sprites/Vector4.gif]very goofy[/url]. I've been told that his tough-guy attitude was brought on by Archie Comics, and now Sega's beefed him up for the sole purpose of serving as a power character. I'm not sure why Mighty didn't work out in that regard, since he was supposed to be the powerful one.

I don't like how Espio was made over to be a ninja all of a sudden, 'cause you know that was just Sega figuring "Uh, people like ninjas, right?" He used to always have that smarmy look on his face, like he was some kind of rebel hot-shot or something... a vague concept, I know, but I like it better than "omg ninja lol, no one's thought of that b4."

Charmy's had it the worst. He used to have this really ****ed off look on his face all the time. Reminded me of Donald Duck: grumpy and short-tempered, but all-around righteous and likeable. Of course... you know how his makeover turned out... *sob*

Posted by Max Mouse

Jaleel White(Steve Urkel) Played the voice of Sonic on three animated series: Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic the Hedgehog and Sonic Underground.

Posted by Sparkle the hedgehog

I will never like SEGA again!Ryan rules!!!He`s got the PERFECT voice!