Useless accounts!

Posted by Xero

I noticed while I was looking for somebody in the member list, that many accounts were at 1 post (some none) and their last account activation was a while ago. I see that the site has like 5900 members! I think this is useless. I would suggest that (mostly to Jesse) accounts that have not be activated for a certain amount of time should be deleted! Lets say for the amount of time : 5 months. Is that an idea? Then when I look for someone, I dont have to find it long...I'm sure i'm not the only one that thinks this. :devil:

Posted by sabre

That's why there's a [url=http://www.vgchat.com/memberlist.php?do=search]search[/url] function, and a [url=http://www.vgchat.com/memberlist.php?postslower=0&postsupper=0&ausername=&homepage=&icq=&aim=&yahoo=&msn=&joindateafter=&joindatebefore=&lastpostafter=&lastpostbefore=&order=DESC&sort=posts&pp=50<r=]sort by post count[/url] function, good sir. Perhaps if you were to direct your gaze to the top right of the member's list, you'd notice the search drop down?

Posted by Boner

I agree with both of you on this. Deleting accounts that were made for the sole purpose of spamming, or whatever, should just be deleted. On the other hand, Sabredog does have a point. There are ways to work around this minor inconvenience.

Posted by Xero

Quoting Sabredog]Did you get grammar lessons off of Bjarni? Whatever. Search is far bloody quicker than sorting through pages of members - whether they're active or no.

Posted by Jesse Smith

I vote that we delete Flame ghost's account. It's just a useless n00bie account, and we don't want n00bies here!!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D

Posted by Ayumu Yumi

Quoting Flame ghost: I know! Its just that when you go in memeber list, you notice that there are 5900 accounts! If you look, many have 1 post! My point is that they should be deleted to make room!
Alot of admins don't bother deleting dead and zero-posting accounts because they think it makes the site look "big" and active, even if there are 5850 dead accounts and only about 50 real active people. Just because a board has 4725934 members doesn't really mean its a large site/active site.

Posted by Jesse Smith

Correction, we have 8,393,776 members here that are active!!!! :D:D:D:D Member numbers help make up for the 'dead board' numbers!!! Same with the 'Total users that have visited today'. :D:D:D:D

Posted by Xero

Part me, but maybe it makes your site look big Jesse, but when we look carefully, we see that you get like 100 new members a day, and they never come back. The 2 only ones i've seen coming back are FIINDIL and DEATH-BY-MINNOW. And also, Jesse, you dont have to write like your gonna break your PC you know!
Also, Sabredog, your search thing is irrelevant with my thread. Its about USELESS ACCOUNTS, not problems for finding one! :devil:

Posted by Arczu

I wish there was a "CHILL" button here...

I would agree with the deletion of useless accounts, but then again... the phrase "Resistance is futile!" comes to mind. Is there really anyone who would be able to sit through and sift through 1000's of names?

And quite frankly, I don't think this site needs to worry about making itself look "good". People keep finding this site everyday so... yeah.

Posted by sabre

Quoting Flame ghost:
Also, Sabredog, your search thing is irrelevant with my thread. Its about USELESS ACCOUNTS, not problems for finding one! :devil:

[quote=Flame ghost]Then when I look for someone, I dont have to find it long...Say what?

Posted by Xero

Quoting Jesse Smith: Correction, we have 8,393,776 members here that are active!!!! :D:D:D:D Member numbers help make up for the 'dead board' numbers!!! Same with the 'Total users that have visited today'. :D:D:D:D

So much for a guy that needs me so much in this forum!!! He keeps sending me PM telling me to stay...

Quoting Sabredog: Say what?

ok...Sry for contradicting myself. But I keep my point about deleting accounts!

Posted by sabre

Hold on, you're supposed to be perma'd for bypassing bans with secondary accounts.

Posted by Klarth

Give him the permafrost, then!

Posted by Xero

Stop banning me! Jesse Smith will unban me! He likes me!

Posted by Buneasta

No chocolate eggs for you.

Posted by sabre

Quoting Flame ghost: Stop banning me! Jesse Smith will unban me! He likes me!

Jesse is a tard, for messing with things before he has a clue what's going on.

Posted by Jesse Smith

u b nice 2 Flame ghost. We need more wackos like flame!!!! :D:D:D:D u don't want flame moding da test board, dew u??!!!

Posted by higbvuyb

Jesse, we know you are just pretending to be wacko.
Ive seen you posting like a normal human being on other forums saying "I own a forum and everybody on it thinks i'm wacko"

Posted by Jesse Smith

Quoting higbvuyb: Jesse, we know you are just pretending to be wacko.
Ive seen you posting like a normal human being on other forums saying "I own a forum and everybody on it thinks i'm wacko"

er what r u talking about??!!! I wacko where ever I go!!! I never post on webmaster boards!!! That must be some other guy!!!! He doesn't have a video game username there, does he??!!!! :D:D:D:D:D

Posted by higbvuyb

Bunesta, shut up, before you make a fool of yourself. idiot.

Posted by Nemesis

We could just make it so that people that make less than 5 entries within like the first week would be terminated.

Posted by Hyper

Quoting Auron: We could just make it so that people that make less than 5 entries within like the first week would be terminated.

That'd take much more effort than simply pruning 0-post members.

Posted by Buneasta

You do understand how childish you all are right?

Posted by Xenos

Oh of course, no one can't be as mature as you.

Posted by Xero

Finally, is this suggestion gonna be taken in note, or is it good for garbage?

Posted by Xero

I guess this thread is useless...No accounts will be deleted...