Habits

Posted by inequity

Do you have any habits that you can't stop doing? Like, nail biting and things like that. As for me, I have a habit of looking at my wrist when I get impatient, even though I don't wear watches anymore.

Posted by Skitzo Control

Posting on VGC, of course. I hate doing that. I wish I could stop.

Attempting to clear my hair out of my eyes, even though it isn't in my hair in the first place.

Clearing my throat when somebody asks a question I don't know the answer to, in an attempt to stall.

Masturbating.

Posted by Klarth

Spending money.
Eating sugary things.
Whacking off.
Occasionally becoming very sullen and withdrawn and taking a great interest in my fingers.

Posted by The Judge

Masturbating
Picking at scabs and sores
sratching my face or head
a light cough

Posted by MetalVox~55

whackin' it
Guitar
sleep

Posted by Shin-Ra

Downloading music
Listening to music
Smoking
Masturbating
Driving
Thankfully none of these at the same time

This is going to be such an attractive thread, I can tell.

Posted by Ch

Wow, you guys have alot of whaking problems.

As for me I eat too loud.

I burst randomly into song sometimes.

Posted by mis0

Fingernail biting.
Speeding.
Fliping my flip-f0ne open and closed, and similarly Zippo lighters when I have one around.
Cartooning on important school notes, or adding my own "notes" into the notes.
Messing with my hair randomly.
And my favourite, zoning out at work.

Posted by Lord of Spam

Quoting Misoxeny:
And my favourite, zoning out at work.

I've lost hours like that washing dishes:(

I click pens. A lot.

Posted by Slade

Drumming with pens on my desk, my textbooks, and pretty much any part of my body. Well, except that... that would hurt.
I'll have to join with the masturbating habit... and zoning out during the most important part of a teacher's lecture.

Posted by Trigger

Leaving things sit idle on my computer: forums, websites, important (and unimportant) conversations on your choice of Instant Messenger, work, any other currently opened activity. You name it, chances are it is sitting idle in the background for longer than necessary. If I had a dollar for every minute that passed when I left something I was doing become idle, I would be set for life.

I usually play with rubber bands and thin hair ties also by putting them across my fingers on my left hand and strumming them like a guitar with my right hand. Bad habbit, gets me into trouble when the rubber band snaps off my thumb and into someones eye or face. Even moreso when I laugh after it happens.

(I just left this reply idle for at least an hour. See, a prime example of my habits at work. Oh look, I was apparently writing an entry at about 6pm too ...and that was last night. I'll get to that when I'm done with this.)

I spin things on my finger: keys, USB drive, anything with string attached to it, really.

Now that I think about it, Klarth makes a good point. I can become sullen and withdrawn to a fair degree.

I never make my bed.

I always leave the last watched or played CD in my device of choice (CD-ROM, Playstation 2, DVD player, etc.) This habit came to bite me when I once left a CD-RW in a CD-ROM drive at my campus. It was a backup of my current hard drive, that contained a large portion of files that I didn't want to lose (music, and so on). That'll teach me.

I click pens, or flick small lids.

I put my hands in my pockets when I walk, or when my hands have nothing better to do. I usually play with any loose items such as coins that happen to be in my pockets, too.

I flick coins in the air.

I tend to play along with the guitaring in songs whenever I'm listening to it. It has generated some very odd looks from passengers on buses that sit near me as I play the air. That's their problem, not mine.

I think about things too much: case in point, this post.
Everyone obviously applies to the whole 'masturbation' thing.

Posted by Mystic Hero

I tend to scratch my nose a lot even when it isn't itching.
I drum on things like desks, tables and other things
I pop my knuckles to much.
Masturbating
I have a bad habit of coughing to much.

Posted by Darkbackward

Wanking to and not limited to: CFNM, Cuckhold, Small Breasts, Sissification, Fem Dom, Penis Inspection, AC/DC, Glory Holes, hentai, any blond or red head pop singer (Duff, Spears, Lohan, Aguilera).

Best of all, mrskin.com :-D

Besides that habit there is nose picking, fingernail biting, not exercising, crying, being wussy driver, eating too much, etc.

Posted by The Judge

Picking your nose and then immediately biting your nails while masturbating with the other hand and crying, amirite.

Posted by Vampire Slayer

Masterbating
Playing my pen or pencile like a bass
Talking to myself
Talking to my hair
Zoneing out in School

Posted by Boner

Now why in the hell do most of you wish you could stop mastubating?

Posted by The Judge

Because my urges are so strong that I tend to just whip it out at work, school, dinner, the doctor's, the dentists, near heavy machinery, while talking to people, outside, and when I'm giving public speeches on a soapbox on the corner.

Posted by Vampire Slayer

Cause I do it like 40 times a week. I had a period where I did it 4 or 5 times a day.

Posted by Boner

Quoting The Judge: ..... and when I'm giving public speeches .....

Hitler used to get off while giving his public speeches. And he didn't even have to touch himself to do so. Now that is what I call skill!

Posted by Mystic Hero

Quoting Vampire Slayer:
Talking to my hair

That's a new one I've never heard before. So what do you do? Say things like "what is up hair? You are looking fine today!" or tell your hair how your day went or something? Lol that's a unique one.

Posted by Azusa

Not being able to function until my room is clean.
Doodling on important notes.
Singing about whatever I'm doing at the time.
Dancing in the shower.
Reaching for my glasses when they aren't on my face.
Zoning out at important times.

Posted by Caryatid

I bite my nails too much sometimes, and I pick at my nailpolish when it's all nice and shiny and unchipped. I like it to end up naturally chipped, but I can't help but pick at it. I'm also almost anally organized.

Posted by Chronic

Stressing out over nothing
Thinking out loud when I think Im thinking in my head (confusing)
Picking the dirt out of my fingers
Constantly inching my head even if its not itchy
Saying fo-shizzle randomly

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

play with my lip ring
procrastinate
curse
I think too much

Posted by Crono

Quoting Lord of Spam: I click pens. A lot.

Tell me about it. I sat next to you in class for 18 weeks. -_-

I tend to tap on my dog tags, because I enjoy the little clinking sound they make for some reason.

I'm always looking at the clock, no matter where I am or what I'm doing.

I play way too much CS:S and WoW.

Falling asleep in a car. (Even on a five minute ride. Somethin bout cars just puts me to sleep.)

Keeping my room way too hot because I like the heat. I hear a lot of complaints from my buddies bout that one.

Constantly changing songs on random to find the one I want, instead of just searching it out and selecting it. Be it WMP, iPod, CD player, or stereo.

That's enough for now.

Posted by Mystic Hero

Quoting Bj Blaskowitz:
procrastinate

How could I have forgotten about that one? Yeah I procrastinate to the point where I almost get in trouble for it. I have to learn how to stop doing that.

Posted by Slade

I used to draw on myself a lot, and I don't know why I stopped... it was fun.

Drinking coffee. It's not that that's a habit I want to break, but the fact that I only started drinking coffee because I have to get up really early is something I wish would have never happened.

An annoying one is that before I run a few miles, I have to pop my back, or else I'll get really sick afterwards. Lately the pops have been more pronounced and there have been more of them... I think it's getting worse.

Posted by obryen

I tend to do things in sets of fours. Like when I walk, if I feel my feet hit the ground in a particular way, I have to repeat that same kind of step three more times, or if I walk in a particular rythm, I have to continue it. For example, 4 quarter notes then 8 eighth notes, or 1 quarter note, 3 eighth, 2 quarter, 3 eighth, 1 quarter, 2 eighth, whatever else. I do it with my hands a lot too, and used to do it with little clicky noises in my throat.

I put off shaving. I grow beards like a curse, and I haven't shaven in three weeks, so I have a thick beard and a significantly shorter head of hair.

I tend to conduct when I listen to music. Not realistically, but my hands spaz out and get all dramatic and move around and ****. I also dance my fingers around on my keyboard, which causes the occasional typo.

I really don't mind these habits, except the not shaving thing, but they're just so **** cool that I had to mention them.

Posted by Arczu

Beatbox for no apparent reason... and actually entertain people with it.

No words, just sound effects.

Posted by sniper

Nail-biting, leaving my room a constant mess, constantly fiddling with anything in my reach (a pair of nail-clippers at the moment, oh sweet irony), procrastinating at every oppurtunity, and many more I can't think of at the moment.

Posted by Lord of Spam

Putting off things to play games isnt as much of an issue as it used to be, but its still there.

Over eating.:(

Posted by VirtualRealityZone

1.) Pounding on tables (Like I'm playing drums)

2.) Saying the word "nipple" :D (It just rolls right off the tongue)

Posted by ExoXile

Hmmmm... drinkin' all to much coke :D
I tend to get depressed when movies i like ends... i want it to go on :P

And yeah, i drink WAAAAAY to much CoFfE!

(I don't consider the mastrubating part a bad habbit, that'd been very sad)

Posted by Random

eh... it's a list..

Sex
Masturbation
Watching the Gas Gauge Constantly
Flairing my Nostrels
checking my phone for new messages
Constantly making fun of liberal ideals
etc etc.. i'll end there ;-)

Posted by misogenie

[COLOR=MediumTurquoise]After going to the toilet, or doing exercise or work, scooping water from the bathroom tap with my hand and splashing my face. Plain water, like womens expensive moisturiser, lightly irons out your wrinkles on your face .[/COLOR]Rejuvenation is the big word in every woman's mind - if you are looking for a lover.

Posted by Ant

Thanks for the advice grandpa. :)

Posted by The Judge

jugs the size of your head

Posted by Richaod

Playing extremely hard piano solos, but tapping them on the table/closest object available. Well, it'd be perfectly easy to stop, but it's impressive!

Posted by Demonizer

using too much snus(It's expencive)

Drinking too much Coffee

Wasting money in general :D

Posted by ExoXile

Quoting Demonizer: using too much snus(It's expencive)

You got that one right, but i sure as heck ain't quittin'!

Posted by Demonizer

I'm trying but it's Impossible to stop just like that...

Posted by Slade

And I frikkin third it, mkay?

My guesses:
1. drug of some kind
2. hardcore pr0n of some kind
3. a... card game

Posted by Demonizer

Quoting Roinkz: I think a snus is a type of Swedish drug. :cool2:

Close but I wouldn't really call it a drug....
Its a moist tobacco powder...that has like 3-4 times more nicotine than cigarettes...
EDIT: I just saw THEBATHROOMZOMBIE's post..

Posted by Red

*uses phoenix down on thread*

really old thread revived ... ... ...I like to bite my nails. and crack my knuckels, cracking knuckels does not give you arhtritis ( however you spell it)

Posted by Klarth

VGC is my worst habit.

By far.

Posted by Red

you know that's true I never realized it before but whenever I'm on the computer I go straight to VGC :S. guess it's a bad habit for most of us then huh

Posted by cas

Quoting Mr.Red: *uses phoenix down on thread*

really old thread revived ... ... ...I like to bite my nails. and crack my knuckels, cracking knuckels does not give you arhtritis ( however you spell it)

arthritis. TH Thhhhh a r t h

I crack my knuckles and about a half dozen other spots regularly. F5 on all sorts of pages like a clicking fiend. Addicted to mouse clicking. CLick CLick Click Click Clkickcclickccccc

and breathing. Always gotta breath.