Chrono Trigger Thread

Posted by booyah719

I know quite a few people here enjoy this game. What are the highlights of the game for you? Your favorite characters?
I'm still playing (haven't beaten it) and am enjoying every bit of it! Good battle system, interesting music, and the techs are awesome. I enjoy using Chrono, Frog, and Ayla, although I switch in Marle every now and then. Excellent game, and I hope others will share their experience with it.

Posted by inuyasha kicks

what system is chrono trigger on? ive been hearing about it for years and have been thinking about picking it up.

Posted by Klarth

Super Nintendo Entertainment System. Long redundant unless you download the rom like I did.

I first played Chrono Trigger on March the twenty-eighth, last year. It was at the time the best game I'd ever played.

Perhaps it was the environment in which I'd played it. I'd just helped rearrange our living room, and now there is a sofa in the corner with a table which serves as a footstool. See, we have 56k where I live in france, and it took at least two hours to download the four megabyte game. Having stuck this on my mother's laptop, I proceeded downstairs with it and parked my arse on this sofa. All the windows and doors in the house were wide open; it was the perfect springtime. I was wearing a t-shirt and shorts, and there was consistently a cool breeze blowing through the house.

I then played Chrono Trigger for four hours straight, and loved every second of it. As I said, it may well have been my beautiful surroundings which made me enjoy it most of all, as I feel relatively uninspired whenever I play the game nowadays. If it turns out this is the case, it's obvious what I'm doing as soon as term ends.

As for the game, my favourite bit could well have been...Ah, christ, this is a difficult one. The ocean palace was fun, and the Denandoro mountains weren't bad either. I enjoyed the game as a whole, to tell the truth.

Posted by dark_zero

I've beaten the game 2 times with new game +
and I got every technique

Posted by Arczu

That is the core of the game-- the Techs. The tech attacks made it seem like a team effort to deal big damage. Everybody has their own tech attacks, then they can combine those techs to do something interesting. It's something of a rarity these days for an RPG to have attacks or moves that involve more than one character. The enemy usually takes advantage of that (and they do quite often in CT).

I could replay through this game again and again. not to mention all of the endings this game had. I mean, holy crap!

I'll say this: New Game+ >>> Chrono vs. Lavos and Lavos looses! He is that good.

Posted by Inferno

I absolutely love Frog in this game, from everything to his personality and background to his incredibly catchy theme song. He's by far one of my favorite RPG characters ever. I also liked Robo too, and just like Frog, his theme song is great.

The techs really added a lot to this game because it gets you to explore everyone's moves to see what combinations work. The whole idea behind this was awesome. I'm also a fan of games with time travel ( Shadow of Destiny owns ) so this made this also made the game more appealing. My favorite part of the game is by far when you first encounter Magus. Everything about that scene created a superb build-up to the huge battle, especially the slowly escalating music as the fire gets closer and closer to Magus. As you can probably tell, I love the whole soundtrack to this game.

Posted by Crono

Well, for favorite character...take a wild guess. Bet you can't figure it out! :p

Anyhow, as for my favorite part...well, the ending where Crono's cat runs into the time portal is somewhat amusing, but I'd have to say that my favorite part was the first battle with Magus, with the circle of flames and everything.

Posted by William

My favorite character was Frog as well. I personally think Chrono Trigger is overrated though. It wasn't that great of a game, but it was decent. Nice for a one or two time play, if you're into RPGs. I liked Chrono Cross better, and I seem to be one of the only people that prefer Chrono Cross to Chrono Trigger.

I'm anticipating the release of the new Chrono Trigger game, Chrono Break or whatever it's called, though.

Posted by Crono

As far as I've seen, that's still only rumor...I've been waiting for years, and seen nothing. Don't hold your breath on it..

Posted by William

Quoting Crono: As far as I've seen, that's still only rumor...I've been waiting for years, and seen nothing. Don't hold your breath on it..

I just read that Square-Enix abandoned the name "Chrono Break" and that an inside source says they haven't even taken the project seriously, but if it were to be made it'd be on the Nintendo DS...so I'm guessing it won't ever be made. But that's a stupid move on the part of Square-Enix. They could make a good amount of money from it in my opinion. Way too many fans of the series.