Racism

Posted by Skitzo Control

That is, racism, in association with demographics and crime.

Ah... There's nothing like it, is there? Black people claim racism because they're treated badly, don't get the best jobs, are suspected in more crimes, etc. Hispanics claim racism because they're treated badly, don't get the best jobs, are suspected in more crimes, etc. White people claim racism because blacks and hispanics sometimes get special treatment just because they are black or hispanic. So, what gives?

I'm racist, and I'm **** proud of it. Don't get me wrong, though, I don't look at a person and immediately think, "He's black, he probably wants to shoot me, take my money, rape my white sister, then go play a game of basketball." No, I take a wider look at things, and associate them with race.

Pre-1995, the city of New Orleans had the highest homicide rate (at 400 murders a year) in the nation, and the rates were still climbing. 67.25% of the population was black in the year 2000. Coincidence? Possibly. South Compton of California has 40% black population, and has quite a bad history of crime. Ogden, Utah is at least 70% white, but we've 5 murders a year.* Anybody else seeing a trend? I guess Dallas could be the only exception, with it being the city in the nation with the highest crime rate, at only 25% black and 50% white, but that's probably because there's more white people to kill.

*All murder rates are killings per 100,000 people, so don't try to pull any crap about Ogden not being as densely populated as those other states.

*edit* To Metalvox: I am not a republican. I am not so shallow as to relate myself to one group of people with generalized opinions.

Posted by Arwon

More people get murdered in Russia.

**** violent whiteys.

Posted by Skitzo Control

Russian Mob > Negroes

Posted by Pit

Racism is fun.

Posted by Skitzo Control

The great thing of racism is it can offend any individual at any point in time. If I said, straight up, that I don't like black people because most of them are murderers, I offend black people for being racist against them, I offend whitey because I'm doing that they've been trying to cover up for years, and I offend Mexicans because that's their fellow minority. The only people I don't offend are my fellow Savages, but that's because we only care about taking our land back, one levee at a time.

Posted by Aioros

[COLOR=Yellow]Only people in this country that should be allowed to complain about racism are Native Americans. Everyone else needs to STFU and get over themselves, especially blacks, they're not the only race to have suffered slavery. In fact, most other races have.[/COLOR]

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

English textile workers in the 18th and 19th centuries had it ten times harder than any slave. Hell, American textile workers in the late 1800s had it worse than slaves

I like how Landon made this point before and everyone called him a racist. He did it more articulately too (not trying to put you down, skitzo, yours was straightforward), and he got *****ed out relentlessly. Go figure.

Posted by Arwon

Hardly seems worth it when they defeat their own arguments through the sophisticated art of unintentional self-parody.

I'll try anyway. Maybe I should make a template, because this "OMG ANTI-RACIST CONSPIRACY THEORY" nonsense gets rather tedious.

BLAH BLAH BLAH crime rates differ according to demographics, duh, BLAH BLAH BLAH socioeconomic and environmental factors, BLAH BLAH BLAH historical factors, BLAH BLAH BLAH cycle of disadvantage, BLAH BLAH BLAH Vietnamese folks and caucasian Lebanese in Australia and caucasian East Europeans in the UK commit lots of crime too BLAH BLAH BLAH no inherent racial tendency to violence or "savagery" or whatever.

Posted by Speedfreak

To be honest, I think it's more of a vicious cycle than a real genetic aggression thing. They steal shit because they don't have a job, they dont have a job because no one wants to hire some poor person who steals shit. Just goes round and round making the situation worse. Just look at whiggers.

Posted by Fate

I'm only racist when it's funny. It's kind of archaic that people still look at color.

Posted by Arwon

Hands up whosever used the words "uppity negroes".

Posted by Bebop

I hate racism.

Except in joke form.

Posted by thelaststand

im not racist, but i think its funny how since im not black, asian, or mexican, i cant get as much financial aid as other people, and this happens a lot too, people getting jobs just because there part of a minority, even if they are not as qulaified as someone else

Posted by Ch

I'm racist only when in joke form. Sure, I'll make fun of the sensitive White kid, the big lipped black guy, or my smelly Latino brothersas long as I don't offend anybody. But even if I did, **** em. I think some racism makes people stronger.

Posted by mis0

Jokes about races are fine with me but you'll hardly ever se me tell one, but actual racism, like the sort that promotes racial superiority or genocides, is not.

Posted by The Judge

Though I think racism is wrong, I think what's even worse is the fact that only white people aren't allowed to be racist. If you really hate the words n[COLOR=White]i[/COLOR]gger, beaner, and so on so very much, don't adress your fellows by those names.

Posted by mis0

Don't forget cracker, spic, chink, and kike. I don't like slurs much at all.

Posted by The Judge

Shut up, kraut.

:X

EDIT: I think you're German, but I forget. If you were Australian, I think of something to call you, like a roo-thumper.

Posted by mis0

No, I'm a kraut. Thanks for remembering. ;-*

In all seriousness, though, I don't see why anyone but whites can be racist. Because it often seems that the minorities hate each other and whites for no reason at all, but it's OK. Why?

Posted by Aioros

[COLOR=Yellow]Since we're discussing the wonderful topic that is racism, may i ask when exactly did it become cool/funny to make fun of white people, but racist/politically incorrect to make fun of black people. Comedians are the perfect example of this. I'm a big fan of Eddie Murphy, Richard Pryor, Chris Rock, George Carlin, Dana Carvey and Jerry Seinfeld. The only difference between them? The black comics aren't afraid to make fun of white people, while the white comics tend to pull away and limit themselves to the kind of jokes they say when concerning blacks. The same can be said for movies and televisin shows, especially news anchors who are so pc they make me sick sometimes.

If people are still unconvinced i always bring up one thing i saw on T.V that completely proves my point, that thing is named Kelly Clarkson. I think i mentioned this here before but let me repeat it again anyways. Kelly Clarkson was on TRL being asked questions, one of the questions was kinda hard and she couldn't come up with the correct answer. So, she responded with an answer that made her sound kinda retarded, and what did she say? "OMG, i'm so white". After she said that, the audience, the host and Miss Clarkson herselft all started laughing until the next question was asked.

There you go, there's no better example than that to see how politically correct this country has gotten.[/COLOR]

Quoting Fate: I'm only racist when it's funny. It's kind of archaic that people still look at color.
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v169/Paul752/fu-cracka.jpg[/IMG]
:D

Posted by cool gamer dad

Racist jokes make bad movies good.

I tend to stereotype, but never hate on someone because they're mexican.

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

the only people that can be made fun of without a liberal backlash are white christian males

Posted by Skitzo Control

That's not true. I hate Spics, Kikes, Greasers, and the Yellow man..:)

Posted by Boner

I could sit here and write several paragraphs pertaining to my views on racism. But, it's late and I don't feel like putting that much effort into this post. So, I will simply say the following and call it a night.

The people that have it the toughest and are always getting the sh!t end of the stick in this country is the average, middle-aged, working class, white man.

Nuff said.

Posted by EliteVideoGames

what exactly is a greaser?

Posted by Ant

A well known gang featured in the movie Grease.

I'm not a racist...when I meet the person I base them off what they have to say and think then by the color of their skin and what have you. Although, I do believe that some stereotypes are true...Asians are always good at math...I could list millions...although not all true, some are. Why else would they be stereotypes?

Posted by misogenie

[COLOR=DarkOrange]The greatest talent a person can ever have is love. Love ends racism. People such as Christians know that we can love one another like brothers and sisters. Keep on lovin' folks.[/COLOR]

Posted by Lord of Spam

Yeah, those ghetto forced inner city kids have nothing compared t the plight I suffer. Heck, jsut the other day, I was tired of studying, so I went down to teh beach that is on campus, then went to the school movie theater to watch the free showing of Howl's Moving Castle. HOW DARE THOSE MINORITIES THINK THAT THEY CAN COMPARE TO ME IN TERMS OF HARDSHIP!!!

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

I love how that post (LOS's) was relevent. Point out to whom you're replying with that little sad attempt at intelligent sarcasm

Posted by Speedfreak

Quoting Bj Blaskowitz: the only people that can be made fun of without a liberal backlash are white christian males

Hell do Christians have to do with it? White straight males get made fun of, you mean.

Posted by obryen

I've got to ask, how many of the folks who've posted on this thread are white? I would guess something around 95%. I'm white myself, and from Mississippi, so I'm quite experienced at hanging black people and the like. Has anyone noticed how lately white people have gotten really into racist jokes and being all comfortable and cool with racism? We never can get it right and just land at neutral, non-racist. Instead we're always hopping around from one extreme to the next, either talking as street as we can so we can sound like we're down with the brothers, or by making racist jokes so we think we're not racist because we're so comfortable with them. Or even calling ourselves racist because somebody had the idea that as long as you know you're a bad person, you're a good person. Isn't that kind of illogical? If you know you're a bad person and you remain a bad person, doesn't that make you worse for not changing? Now I'm ranting, but yeah. Three sheets to the wind and all that.

Posted by Lord of Spam

Quoting Bj Blaskowitz: I love how that post (LOS's) was relevent. Point out to whom you're replying with that little sad attempt at intelligent sarcasm

First of all, it wasnt intended as intelligent sarcasm. Rather, it was intended to fall into the category of "I'm obviously making fun of you, you little twat." but I'm sure you were smart enoughn to see that and only called it sad as a sligjht to me, not out of a misunderstanding based on your lack of intelligence.

Quoting Bj Blaskowitz: the only people that can be made fun of without a liberal backlash are white christian males

Quoting Opeth: I could sit here and write several paragraphs pertaining to my views on racism. But, it's late and I don't feel like putting that much effort into this post. So, I will simply say the following and call it a night.

The people that have it the toughest and are always getting the sh!t end of the stick in this country is the average, middle-aged, working class, white man.

Nuff said.

Happy now? Oh, and by the way, your comment isnt even true. I luaghat all sorts of jokes that rely on racist punchlines. I know I probably shouldnt, but I feel as long as I am able to seperate jokes from reality, wheres the harm?

If you'd like me to demonstrate some of my offensive joking prowees, feel free to pom me about it.

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

so you're calling me and opeth twats? Personal unwarranted attacks? I like how you flaunt a high-and-mighty persona yet stoop to a level more deserving. Keep trying you little neanderthal, uppity people of mediocre intelligence trying to "sound smart" are so fun to watch.

Posted by Lord of Spam

Quoting Bj Blaskowitz: so you're calling me and opeth twats? Personal unwarranted attacks? I like how you flaunt a high-and-mighty persona yet stoop to a level more deserving. Keep trying you little neanderthal, uppity people of mediocre intelligence trying to "sound smart" are so fun to watch.

First of all, good job ignoring the point of the post in order to nitpick one little point. Second, I only put in twat to allow a better understnadiong ofhte contempt behind it. Its directly predominately at you, as Opeth has never really bothered me. Also, I dont "flaunt a hig-and-mighty" persona. I openly admit to having numerous flaws, among them a quick temper. So try again, and this time, try responfding to the actual post instead of going "omf ur not gud either u kan stfu n00b lolz"

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

hah, you little twit. Your post wasn't relevent at all. You made a really stupid sarcastic post which referred to white people getting upset when they're made fun of. Neither I or Opeth made ANY references to spoiled little college kids who are too opinionated for their own good (which is the example you used). I referred to how the only POLITICALLY CORRECT person to make fun of is a white christian man. You're not a Christian, nor are you the republican-type which I was referring to. Opeth's referred to middle-class white working men. Yours referred to a spoiled little **** with too much time on his hands who will EVENTUALLY be a poor working white man, due to no skill whatsoever in any field and drug abuse.
in conclusion. Fail. Try again
so, I ask you again

what is your relevence?

I avoided your post because I figured this was obvious, but apparently I have to spell this **** out for you, as you are, as I have stated many times before, a flippin dumbass. And you have the nerve to pretend to be smarter than me. You must have just smoked a bowl or something

Posted by obryen

Not to overstep my boundaries as a newbie, but could y'all stop *****ing at each other and discuss? You could take your fight to a private arena, unless the whole point was to humiliate the other by showing just how well you could insult him over the internet.

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

it was, I won

Posted by Lord of Spam

Quoting Bj Blaskowitz: Opeth's referred to middle-class white working men. Yours referred to a spoiled little **** with too much time on his hands who will EVENTUALLY be a poor working white man, due to no skill whatsoever in any field and drug abuse.

Actually, I've had to work my ass of to get where i am. Hellhte only reason I'm here is friggin scholarships, which I worked for. I come from GASP a LOWER middle class family, so dont call me a spoiled ****.

Quoting Bj Blaskowitz: I avoided your post because I figured this was obvious, but apparently I have to spell this **** out for you, as you are, as I have stated many times before, a flippin dumbass. And you have the nerve to pretend to be smarter than me. You must have just smoked a bowl or something

Its only obvious if yyou view the universe through the "I'm always right" view point, which you seem to do rather well. the point was closely enough relateed that it should have been obvious. You and opeth said white men had it bad (OMG IM PARAPHRASING) and I pointed out that it is rather silly to think that. Sarcasm, and you failed to see its relevance.... adn I'm the stupid one?

Quoting Bj Blaskowitz: it was, I won

lolololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololz

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

Quoting Lord of Spam:
Its only obvious if yyou view the universe through the "I'm always right"
view point, which you seem to do rather well.
I always am, so I do it well
Quoting Lord of Spam: the point was closely enough relateed that it should have been obvious. You and opeth said white men had it bad (OMG IM PARAPHRASING) and I pointed out that it is rather silly to think that.

no, they're not "relateed" at all. We pointed out that it's politically correct to make fun of white people. Your statement stated that white people have no room to complain about their lives being so difficult. You're really trying here, so I give you a gold star for trying to defend yourself when you're so obviously wrong.
Quoting Lord of Spam: Sarcasm, and you failed to see its relevance

I think I said the word "sarcasm" three or four times, so yes, I noticed that it was sarcasm, but no, it wasn't relevant (see above, sorry, no consolation prizes)
Quoting Lord of Spam:
adn I'm the stupid one?

first correct thing in this entire rant :)

I commend you on working hard to get into college, but maybe you're wasting your time? Your reading comprehension seems to be lacking, as well as your ability to make cognitive, reasonable arguments. Additionally I could type and spell better if I dropped my nuts on the keyboard and did a dance. I think your college is being wasted, as you're obviously not getting anything out of it. Have you considered another field, perhaps? Maybe something that would entail you not being such a huge dip****? Just a thought, kthx :)

Posted by Fei-on Castor

The way I see it, BJ is right.

You see, things like Affirmative Action have shot a lot of my opportunities. When I applied for a grant, all the money for white males had been given away already. They still had money left to give, but it was for minorities. It doesn't matter if a minority person is less qualified than I am, because s/he will get that grant no matter what since it is especially reserved for them. And here I am, struggling by, in need of assistance, and I am not being given assistance based on what?

The color of my skin.

That is racist. That is the epitome of racist. Only now, it's happening the other way. Because I was born white, I'm deprived of rights granted to other people.

The reason racism exists as strongly as it does today can be attributed to the group of African Americans who are racist. Sure, there's the occasional family of hicks that "don't like no colored folks around here", but honestly, they're becoming fewer and fewer, it seems, and they get no national attention, outside of Jerry Springer.

I watch the Price is Right, almost everyday, and who could blame me? Well, after PiR, there's this talkshow called "The Larry Elder Show", and Mr. Elder is black. He's like Montel Williams meets Dr. Phil, I guess.

Anyway, Larry Elder had a black couple on. They refused to see their grandson on account of the fact that he was half white. Their son, a black man, had married a white woman. They were absent from their only son's wedding, and they had never seen their grandson, or at least, not in a very long time, because he was "tainted".

The wife suggested that if each white person paid cash compensation to the blacks, to make up for slavery, then the score will have been settled, and they'd accept their grandson.

The man told a story of when he was younger, he was kicked out of a barbershop in the midwest, for being a "n*gger". He said to every white man in the country, "It's your great grandfather who did that you me, white man."

I've got news for that gentleman. My great grandfather was in Auschwitz, during WWII, being tortured by Nazis. My great grandfather would've loved to have been kicked out of a barbershop in the midwest of the USA. He wished he could've been in the USA where you get kicked out of barbershops and ridiculed, as opposed to tortured and murdered.

So, no, my great grandfather wasn't racist against black folks. Neither am I. Nor did I contribute to the slave trade, nor did my ancestors, unless you're referring to the ancient Egyptian slave trade, in which case, my ancestors (the Jews) were the slaves.

But I'm not seeking any sympathy or compensation. I'm just seeking to get the same opportunities that everyone else gets.

Finally, let me tell a story of when I was discriminated against, for being a white male.

I had a job at Safeway (in the Deli). One day, I made and ate a sandwich, without paying, because I was trying to hurry and get back from break, since I had a lot of work to do. Well, I was caught, and explained that I had simply forgotten, since I was in such a rush. I paid for the item, after realizing my mistake, and finished eating, and returned to work.

I was fired that day, for stealing.

Later that very week, a Mexican-American woman who worked for Safeway was shopping, after work. She took a few cosmetic products (lipstick, and such), and left them in her cart when checking out. She walked out the door without paying for them (about $15 of product, as opposed to my $3 sandwich), and she was caught, and suspended, with a possible termination hanging over her head. She contaced the union (just as I did), and the union brought up the scenario that she was being terminated because she was Hispanic. Or maybe it was because she was a woman.

She got her job back, because Safeway was afraid of being labeled "racist" or "sexist".

I, on the other hand, was left unemployed because I was unwilling to tell the union that I am of Jewish blood, and use that lame excuse to get through life. I made a mistake, and I dealt with it, because I had to. A Mexican woman makes the same mistake, and is let off the hook, because she's a Mexican woman.

That is racism at its heart.

Honestly, to rid the world of racsim, we need to stop using labels such as "black" and "white", and instead, just say "human". Affirmative Action uses labels such as "African American" and "Caucasian". How are we to ever consider Black and White to be the same and equal when government programs (like AA) are the first to point out that we are, in fact, different, and ought to be treated different?

EDIT - Are all of my posts this long and g*d-awful to read, or just this one?

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

I will give credit, the Jews get screwed over more than white christians.

Posted by Fei-on Castor

Quoting Bj Blaskowitz: I will give credit, the Jews get screwed over more than white christians.

Yet I don't b*tch about it, at all, nor do I ask for compensation.

If I did that, I'd be racist. Demanding that I deserve more than others, merely because I'm a Jew.

But since I'm not a racist, I'll ask for no extra help, and I'll ask to be treated as everyone else.

Posted by obryen

Where do you mean? That's quite true outside the US, and in a few places inside the US. But if you're talking about urban areas, Jewish people today are basically just standard white people with an added title. Look at Long Island.

Posted by Speedfreak

If I ever get fired I'm gonna say "It's because I'm Jewish" and instantly get hired again!

Posted by Arwon

The plural of "anecdote" isn't "data" and I think a look at employment statistics, income levels and other measures of enfranchisement kinda casts doubt on the whole "white folks are disadvantaged!" argument. Sure, in the singular at an anecdotal level, many people can point to individual examples in which they've been screwed, but don't you think your average black American can point to plenty of examples of being treated poorly due to ethnicity?

Posted by Fei-on Castor

Quoting Arwon: The plural of "anecdote" isn't "data" and I think a look at employment statistics, income levels and other measures of enfranchisement kinda casts doubt on the whole "white folks are disadvantaged!" argument. Sure, in the singular at an anecdotal level, many people can point to individual examples in which they've been screwed, but don't you think your average black American can point to plenty of examples of being treated poorly due to ethnicity?

You're totally missing my point.

I may have offered anecdotes suggesting that I've been discriminated against for being a white male.

However, the primary point of my argument is that by using title such as "black" and "white" is definitely the source of racism, and the engine which fuels its future.

Cast off such labels, and start saying "every human ought to be treated equal", as opposed to "every black person ought to be treated the same as every white person".

As long as we differentiate between "black" and "white", racist will exist.

So, in a very real way, programs like Affirmative Action are actually setting us back in our struggle to end racism. Affirmative Action makes a clear division between black and white. Affirmative Action does not state that black and white should be equal.

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

but collective anecdotes do equal data, and I'm sure he's not the only white person who's been screwed for the sake of equality. I know several others, hell, my dad didn't get a promotion because a guy who'd been there 1/3 as long as him was black, and a ****ty worker at that. Sucks when you work for the state. . .

Posted by obryen

Not especially. One way affirmative action works:

You have two students from two different high schools applying to the same college. One white, one black. Black kid grew up in a black neighborhood with no money and went to a school with jack **** for resources. White kid grew up in a white neighborhood with plenty of money and went to a school with good resources. White kid did slightly better than black kid in high school. College lets black kid in because black kid would have, theoretically, done better than white kid if put in same situation, and will probably do better in college than the white kid.

Now that's kind of the standard idea behind it, but that's not all it does. Affirmative action forces cultures to interact with each other and get used to each other. If not for it, the black kid would have gone to a poor college where lots of other poor black kids went, and the white kid would have gone to a rich white college with lots of other white kids. They never become friends, they never interact, white people live with white people, black with black.

Affirmative action is basically forced integration, and it's the only way many people ever really interact with other cultures. Yes, we're pointing out differences, but they're cultural differences. The whole point is that it's all cultural, so we change the culture by forcing two seperate cultures together and hoping they form one better one.

That's a rather stereotypical example, but it works. In a utopian society, we'd never do anything like this because it points out differences between people. In a society like ours, we have to point out those differences so we aren't shocked when they're suddenly in our faces 40 years down the line. That's the point of affirmative action. We recognize the differences so that we can make them go away.

Posted by Fei-on Castor

Why not develop an aptitude test that determines who is more qualified, regardless of past situations, and judge the two candidates based on what they're capable of, rather than whether they're black or white, or whether their parents were rich.

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

affirmative action will never go away. It's a system used based off of something that happened 130 years ago, namely, emancipation of the slaves, who had to start from nothing and therefore, they didn't start on equal footing. That is the basic premise behind affirmative action-equal footing. But where does it end? Do you honeslty think that someone will someday say "okay, you've had your time, no more affirmative action"? Bull****, they never will. they'll be called a racist and a biggot and jesse jackson III will get up on his soapbox. It's not fair at all. I didn't enslave anybody. Hell, my family was in some Prussian/Austrio-Hungarian country tending sheep or some ****, why do I care? My dad had nothing to do with that, he grew up poor and with an alcoholic father, and he busts his *** at work, why should he be overlooked for some guy who everybody (black workers included) said was a lazy good-for-nothing? Granted, this is (as Arwon would say) ONE example, but for every one guy complaining there are thousands, perhaps millions, more with the same complaint. It's NOT fair, being punished for the sins of the father (or in my and many cases, some other dude's father). Isn't democracy supposed to look out for the little guy? If some jackoff in California can whine is way up the appellate ladder to get "under ***" taken off the pledge, then my dad has the right to excel in his job unhindered by some archaic attempt at making one side "equal" by ****ing the other side. It's all fair and fun until it hits home. And "cultural blending" is the most retarded defense of Affirmative Action I've ever heard. Screw that. When people's families rely on a paycheck to eat and buy clothing, some other guy's culture can **** off. Money's money's money, who cares about intermingling cultures. It's **** like this that makes me NOT like black people, for the advantages that they get. How's that supposed to make me LIKE them more when they get scholarships and still talk like they aren't educated with their degree in criminal justice?

Posted by Arwon

Quoting Fei-on: You're totally missing my point.

I may have offered anecdotes suggesting that I've been discriminated against for being a white male.

However, the primary point of my argument is that by using title such as "black" and "white" is definitely the source of racism, and the engine which fuels its future.

Cast off such labels, and start saying "every human ought to be treated equal", as opposed to "every black person ought to be treated the same as every white person".

As long as we differentiate between "black" and "white", racist will exist.

So, in a very real way, programs like Affirmative Action are actually setting us back in our struggle to end racism. Affirmative Action makes a clear division between black and white. Affirmative Action does not state that black and white should be equal.

Surely you recognise the difference between de jure equality and de facto equality?

It really is amazing the extent to which prejudice and discrimination can be entrenched in a society or governmental strucutre without ever actually referring to race. Just as a couple of random examples.

I'd firstly cite 150 years of local government politics, zoning laws and "neighbourhood associations" in Los Angeles - one of the most segregated and racially fractuous cities in the country, if not the world, but never do you see anything officially perpetuating the inequality... it's just entrenched, and perpetuated by people mainly looking out for things like property prices and neighbourhood "standards".

Or as another example, voting in southern states. Georgia for example requires an official photo ID - 35 bucks a pop, which isn't a lot but still constitutes a de facto poll tax that disproportionately serves to disenfranchise the poor who don't drive, which means disproportionately disenfranchising the black. Throw in the fact that many counties don't apparently have any facilities to make properly sanctioned official IDs (including Atlanta itself, I'm told) and you can see what I'm getting at.

Lifelong disenfranchisement of felons, is another one.

Then there was Ohio in 2004. Funds for elections are distrubted on a state level, it's very odd that the lack of machines and long lines seemed to be solely a phenomenon in poor black neighborhoods...

Or if we wanna talk about Australia, the written, formal, proscriptive nature of our education system places zero value on the Aboriginal cultural disposition towards oral histories and so forth, and so there's an institutionalised discrimination there that leads to less than stellar results and has a whole slew of flow-on effects. Throw in the fact that anyone who's now in the parents generation had some truly nightmarish experiences with formal official eduation and you see there's a whole culture of not engaging with the education system which is very tough to crack.

Moreover, different cultural attitudes towards information and questions (It's generally far more effective to ask leading questions - "Your father was from around here?" rather than "Where is your father from?") leads to the indigenous thinking white folks are pushy and intrusive and rude, and whites thinking the indigenous are indolent, shiftless and evasive. You can imagine the consequences these cultural differences have in courtrooms for example.

Yet, officially, "everyone's equal!" even though these multitudes of differentiation exist.

These is just a couple of snapshots of the variety of ways in which group X can be marginalised and discriminated against without anyone actually consciously doing so.

Yeah, people get overlooked for jobs and stuff because of official affirmative action policies... either real or imagined policies. I mean, how much of the hiring and firing policies is actually government directed quotas and stuff, and how much is people *thinking* these are required of them when they're actually not, or alternatively, how much is policies at a business policy level rather than gubermint directed? I'm honestly not sure but given the entrenched and dysfunctional nature of race relations in the US I would't be surprised if people, including employers, imagine these policies exist much more than they do. So yeah, people get screwed by these official policies designed to counteract these entrenched socio-cultural or demographic issues. I personally thing the only workable affirmative action programs are education-based policies and employment subsidisation for the young and disadvantaged, anything else seems to be "after the horse has bolted". BUT. Really, for every official act of "reverse discrimination" how many unofficial acts of "regular discrimination" are there?

And it's not enough just to say "everyone's equal" when you have a huge variety of social, demographic and culture factors working against people, so utterly entrenched. They won't go away on their own.

Posted by obryen

Quoting Fei-on: Why not develop an aptitude test that determines who is more qualified, regardless of past situations, and judge the two candidates based on what they're capable of, rather than whether they're black or white, or whether their parents were rich.

That was actually the entire point of the SAT when it was first developed, and is still what they wish it were. It's a good idea on paper, but there's always such a thing as test prep, and those with money can afford to get it. Also, it's just plain hard to design a test that has nothing to do with one's background and everything to do with one's potential, at least one that can be used on a mass scale.

I just shaved off my eyebrows. I look weird.

Posted by Fate

As long as Middle America keeps thinking that I'm offended by being called a chink or a spic, I'll just keep taking government funding and going to college while the white man argues about who has it the worst. :cool:

Spaniards are white. :)

Posted by Arwon

Are you Spanish or Latin American?

Posted by Fei-on Castor

All I'm saying is that racism is prolonged when we place labels.

Arwon, the topic of this thread is not necesarily discrimination, but is racism.

Your points are all valid and well stated, but the fact is, white people have trouble too.

I'm white, my family is pretty poor, and I need scholarships and grants to attends college. Thanks to affirmative action, there's no money left for white people like me, even if I am more qualified.

Sure, some black people don't have the $35 to get an ID in Georgia, but a lot of white probably don't as well.

I think that we should stop using the color of a person's skin as a way to describe that person, no matter what color they are.

Posted by Arwon

That's all well and good as a fluffy little idea, but it ain't gonna fix anything. I personally think that since everyone's actually pinkish or brownish, we should stop using terms with polarised and adverserial connotations like "black" and "white", but it ain't gonna happen.

I'm sorry man, but you're not going to successfully argue that there isn't a great deal of subtle, endemic racial discrimination in America. Sure, it ain't the be-all and end-all of America's problems - obviously America is quite unjust to its poor as well - but the racial divisions are significant and problematic and have far reaching impacts. Compared to these, the occasional unjust incident of "reverse racism" just doesn't compare, even if it tends to be more obvious cos it's direct and institutional instead of vague and entrenched and harder to see.

And yeah, you certainly need help attending college too, America's higher education system fails its poor in general, not just poor ethnic minorities - some people get a great education at some of the world's best institution, most other people ar ekinda screwed. The answer there, though, isn't for everyone to scrabble for the scare resources that are scholarships and such, it's surely for higher education to be made more affordable and for students to be better supported while they study. Blaming black people for stealing your places is insane, it looks to me pretty much exactly like squabbling over the scraps thrown off of the table at some feast in a Soviet propaganda poster.

Doing something about the existance of a "working poor" underclass in America would also be a great idea. I fail to see a meaningful difference between getting welfare benefits and working a ****ty low-paying dead-end zero-skill job. It's just money, doing what you've gotta do to pay the rent and eat - be that jumping through government hoops or wearing a crappy service industry uniform and serving the more prosperous for a few hours a day.

But then, America's not exactly big on social democracy, so I guess y'all're stuck blaming everything else for the ****ty situation of poor people.

I'm living below the poverty line myself, in the most expensive city in this country. I couldn't work much more than I do without running myself into the ground, I dunno what I'd do without Youth Allowance (student welfare payment, along the lines of pensions and unemployment benefits) and HECS (most university places in Australia are, for now, government subsidised so I owe about 4 grand a year instead of about 15 or 20 grand each year). So yeah, you people have my sympathy, I certainly wouldn't wanna be as far towards the bottom of society as I am, in a place like the US.

Also, just to pre-empt any potential "STOP BADMOUTHING LADY AMERICA" responses. Don't get me wrong here, I'm not claiming Australia or Europe is nice and racially harmonious either, or particularly economically and socially just - hell, a quick wander through Redfern or Bourke or Lakemba puts paid to any utopian notions about Australian society. It's just that, well, we're talking about America pretty much by default here. Just assume that what I say about race relations in America mostly holds true in Australia, particularly as regards new immigrant groups such as the Lebanese, and especially as regards the indigenous population, minus the bits about civil war and slavery.

Posted by Landon

Ye know very little of which ye speaketh.

[QUOTE=Arwon]
I'd firstly cite 150 years of local government politics, zoning laws and "neighbourhood associations" in Los Angeles - one of the most segregated and racially fractuous cities in the country, if not the world, but never do you see anything officially perpetuating the inequality... it's just entrenched, and perpetuated by people mainly looking out for things like property prices and neighbourhood "standards".

Right.
Keep the trash picked up off your front lawn.
No old cars on your property.
Since white people seem to live by an entirely different standard than those inner-city blacks, the 'standards' come off as racist in nature when they are really nothing more than 'standards'.

Instead of asking how those people could dare ask of their neighbors such inconveniences like keeping the lawn mowed and the trash picked up, you really need to ask yourself why simple matters of cleanliness and lifestyle that are in no way 'financial' in nature are so foriegn to inner-city blacks.

The answer therein lies the basic truth that you will never come to accept, but you will spend hours and hours spinning every possible hypothetical and rationalization to try and negate it.

[quote]Georgia for example requires an official photo ID - 35 bucks a pop, which isn't a lot but still constitutes a de facto poll tax that disproportionately serves to disenfranchise the poor who don't drive, which means disproportionately disenfranchising the black. Throw in the fact that many counties don't apparently have any facilities to make properly sanctioned official IDs (including Atlanta itself, I'm told) and you can see what I'm getting at.

First off, whoever told you that Atlanta has no facilities to make a Photo ID is full of ****.
Secondly, requiring a photo ID for voting has nothing to do with a 'poll tax' but everything to do with fraud.

In your mind (with everything being predicated on this idea that we're out to get 'dem blackies!), you immediately revert to blaming everything else instead of addressing the real issues and motivations of the examples you cite.

[quote]Lifelong disenfranchisement of felons, is another one.

How is that racist?
(landmine alert)

[quote]Then there was Ohio in 2004. Funds for elections are distrubted on a state level, it's very odd that the lack of machines and long lines seemed to be solely a phenomenon in poor black neighborhoods...

I would like to look into this further.
Please cite me your source. Not someone with an anecdote, but a source that can give me numbers.

Posted by Landon

[QUOTE=Arwon] I fail to see a meaningful difference between getting welfare benefits and working a ****ty low-paying dead-end zero-skill job.

The meaningful difference between getting welfare and working a low paying, dead end, zero skill job would be the 'working' part.

That's one of the dumbest things i've ever heard.

[quote]So yeah, you people have my sympathy, I certainly wouldn't wanna be as far towards the bottom of society as I am, in a place like the US.

Instead of trying to cobble up external reasons for why you are 'at the bottom' of your society, why don't you spend a little time trying to make you way upwards?

That's very common amongst the failures, losers and irrelavant amongst us.
It's the fault of Bush/Howard/Blair and i'm sure 'the multinational corporations' that you are a broke dick loser.
Instead of educating yourself and/or getting better paying and/or more viable jobs or using any talents you might have to start something of your own, you sit around and ***** about the government or 'society' and lament over your own pitiful lack of life skills and marketplace relevancy

If there ever was a philosophical element that defined leftism, it would be that, right there.

"I am failing in my life and it's all the GOVERNMENTS FAULT!"

Funny thing about Liberalism.
They would have you believe that Liberalism is the party of 'the people' and 'the downtrodden' as if the left were noble representatives of the 'underprivileged' masses while anyone who does well for themselves is some sort of 'insider'.

In reality, liberal thinking is what causes downtroddenness to begin with.
The same appeal that liberalism has to the failed man is what causes him to be a failure to begin with.
If you had one ounce of individual temerity or self sufficiency you would be doing OK. But since you are apparently in that poor majority who will never make anything of themselves, you sit in the village and launch stones at the castles of those who already have.

Put 100 conservatives and 100 liberals on an island and watch what happens.
The 100 Conservatives will work hard to start a company that employs the 100 liberals, while the liberals will sit around and ***** about the 'unfairness' of their situation.

Posted by Arwon

Landon, I'm at uni, it's more or less physically impossible for me to work more than I do and even if I wanted to I doubt I'd consistantly be given enough shifts to live off.

It's simple mathematics. For most students, rent+food+uni costs+miscelaneous living expenses = more than you can make working part-time. Hence the need for youth allowance to open up education to more than just the "my parents can pay my costs for me" crowd.

Posted by Arwon

Oh, and I'm not a liberal, and I really wish people would stop misusing the term.

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

you are a liberal, by American standards. Sorry, we don't know the worldy PC term (seriously, not being an *** here). I'm probably not a conservative by your standards, either.

Posted by Arwon

Liberalism's a lot closer to contemporary libertarianism (which is basically a pretty fundamentalist variation of liberalism) than it is to social democracy, the latters' tendency towards neoliberal economis lately nonwithstanding. Free markets, the rights of the individual, equality of opportunity as opposed to equality of outcome etc.

Given that the Liberal Party here is basically the conservative party (including social conservatism) I chafe at the term being applied to me. I'm basically a social bloody democrat.

The term "liberal" has lost all meaning in America, it's become an all-encompassing epithet used mainly for erecting strawmen, so it's become pretty useless to try to use it in a serious discussion. I think American centre lefties prefer to identify as 'progressive' for that reason.

Posted by Fate

Quoting Arwon: Are you Spanish or Latin American?

Both, if you look at it from America's point of view. I've got $20,000 from the government that says I'm oppressed. :cool:

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

I don't think it's lost all meaning, Arwon, I think that it has "progressed" ;)

Posted by Arwon

How opressed can Spaniards possibly be? Franco's, like... dead.

Posted by Fate

That matters not. I am Hispanic, and that is all America sees.

And Asian. Double KO.

Posted by Landon

Quoting Fate: That matters not. I am Hispanic, and that is all America sees.

And Asian. Double KO.

Considering that 'Hispanic' can be anything from African-Black to blonde haired and blue eyed, I always sort of laugh at the notion that the 'hispanic' label should get you some sort of leg up.

Posted by Fate

That's the point. It shouldn't get me an advantage. But, so long as America keeps seeing me as an oppressed people, I don't find it difficult to take money from it.

Posted by Landon

You aren't taking money from 'America'.
You are taking money from the people who pay it in taxes.

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

Just curious, Landon. I receive money monthly from the government because my mother is 90% disabled (knees) while she served in the US Army. Do you feel it's wrong for me to collect collegiate (monetary) benefits from this?

Posted by Landon

No.
Someone who is injured or otherwise disabled in service to this country (in most any capacity) should have a reasonable safety net for themselves and their families.

It is not the job of the taxpayer coffers to write checks to people just because they're “Hispanic” or lazy, but recompense to someone who was disabled during an act of service is very fair.

Posted by Fate

Quoting Landon: You aren't taking money from 'America'.
You are taking money from the people who pay it in taxes.

Fine. I'll be as technically flowery as you want and say I'll take money from "Americans."

As far as taking money is concerned, it's not my problem, but your government.

Posted by Arwon

What money do you get, exactly? Is it like a social security payment for being hispanic? Some sort of scholarship dealy? State or federal?

Posted by Landon

Quoting Fate:
As far as taking money is concerned, it's not my problem, but your government.

No, it's very much your problem.
It's a moral issue.
Would you take money for sex?

Posted by higbvuyb

Quoting Landon: No, it's very much your problem.
It's a moral issue.
Would you take money for sex?

Bad analogy. More like some person giving you money for being of a certain race. She's not giving the government anything back, especially not that. If somebody decides to give you money, do you take it or leave it?

Posted by Richaod

Quoting higbvuyb: More like some person giving you money for being of a certain race.

*exactly like

Posted by Fate

Arwon: It's federal grant money. Twenty thou is a little steep, even if it's a grant.

Landon: Psh, it's not a moral issue. I feel perfectly fine taking money that is given to me.

Posted by Richaod

Quoting Fate: Arwon: It's federal grant money. Twenty thou is a little steep, even if it's a grant.

Landon: Psh, it's not a moral issue. I feel perfectly fine taking money that is given to me.

It's a single twenty-thousand dollar grant, right?

I feel Landon's wrath coming on. Seriously though, what have you used it on? You don't appear to be disadvantaged by your parentage or anything like that. It's things like that that make people like Landon and specopss hate liberals for supporting the welfare system. Okay, you don't feel guilty for taking the money, but is really there any necessity at all in American citizens paying $20,000 for you for no particular reason? It can, and should, go to those who need it most - as opposed to those who enjoy having it.

But hey, at least you're not part of a royal family. The British royals cost 5 million pounds per year, and they say, "hey lol were a cheep monarchy, we only cost each taxpayer 5 pence per year!!1!one" That's just ridiculous and stupid. They don't deserve money because they were born into a certain (very rich and high in social status) family. They don't do anything for the country. They just sit there being parasites, and that kind of money could be donated to far greater causes.

[/end somewhat irrelevant rant]

And don't get me started on military spending, either.

Posted by Fate

Anyone that knows me personally also knows that I am, by far, not well off in financial terms. They would also know that I do feel a bit bad when taking money I didn't earn. I've gotten twenty thou because I needed it; because I was Hispanic, the government gave me more. Besides, I'm a female (that just happened to graduate in the top 5% of the nation) in a technical field where males dominate the business. They gave me money because they saw I needed it. I'm not going to reject it.

Posted by Richaod

Quoting Fate][color=skyblue]Anyone that knows me personally also knows that I am, by far, not well off in financial terms. They would also know that I do feel a bit bad when taking money I didn't earn. I've gotten twenty thou because I needed it:

Oh, so you do actually need it, and it wasn't solely because of your parentage. Right.

Clarity... I like it.

Posted by Landon

Quoting Richaod: Oh, so you do actually need it, and it wasn't solely because of your parentage. Right.

Clarity... I like it.

No. It's solely because of her parentage.
If she were white, such 'help' wouldn't exist.

Posted by Richaod

Quoting Landon: No. It's solely because of her parentage.
If she were white, such 'help' wouldn't exist.

She said it was because of her financial situation.
[quote=Fate]because I was Hispanic, the government gave me more.
More, as opposed to the whole $20,000 for the reason alone.

I know what you're getting at, but surely the Government can't be bothered giving money to her solely because she's Hispanic, then using other reasons such as her financial status to justify it.

Posted by Fate

I still think affirmative action is crap. A little reform is nice.

Landon, boy, it sounds like you speak from experience.

Posted by Landon

Quoting Richaod: She said it was because of her financial situation.

More, as opposed to the whole $20,000 for the reason alone.

I know what you're getting at, but surely the Government can't be bothered giving money to her solely because she's Hispanic, then using other reasons such as her financial status to justify it.

No, you still don't seem to understand.

Non-Minority = 0 Assistance.
Minority = Assistance
Woman = Assistance
Minority + Woman = A greater degree of assistance

Let there be no doubt that if she were a he and Caucasian, there would be no check.

Posted by Fate

I've seen poor white men get government grants, but no more than $4,080. I'm not sure how this stuff works, really.

Maybe that had nothing to do with affirmative action.

Posted by Lord of Spam

Quoting Landon: Right.
Keep the trash picked up off your front lawn.
No old cars on your property.
Since white people seem to live by an entirely different standard than those inner-city blacks, the 'standards' come off as racist in nature when they are really nothing more than 'standards'.

Instead of asking how those people could dare ask of their neighbors such inconveniences like keeping the lawn mowed and the trash picked up, you really need to ask yourself why simple matters of cleanliness and lifestyle that are in no way 'financial' in nature are so foriegn to inner-city blacks.

Wait, since when do INNERCITY dwellers have lawns? Seems to me like every time I've seen a rotting car in someone's lawn, its been a WHITE redneck. Nice try though.

Quoting Landon: No, you still don't seem to understand.

Minority = Assistance
Woman = Assistance

Let there be no doubt that if she were a he and Caucasian, there would be no check.

I'm white. I'm male. I HAVE BLOND HAIR AND BLUE EYES. The only way you could get any whiter than me is to be scandenavian. Guess what? I GOT GOVERNMENT MONEY FOR COLLEGE, BECUASE I DID WELL IN HIGH SCHOOL BUT COULD NOT AFFORD COLLEGE. You can take all your "zomg whites dont get any monies" and cram it up yor arse. Maybe you didnt try hard enough, or maybe you just plain sucked at teh skoolz. But to say that white males dont get any money is just plain wrong.

If, however, you want to argue that white males get no money based on race or gender, then fine. But if that is the point you are making, you need to specify.

That being said, I think that to assume that peolpe need things based on race or gender is retarded. Make the assitance based need, and there will be no problems. The people who need money get it, and those who dont, dont. Granted there will be resistance from groups who will stop receiving money, but that is to be expected.

Posted by veritas

Im never serious when I make racist remarks. I only joke around. I hate racists

Posted by Bebop

Quoting 2fast4u: Im never serious when I make racist remarks. I only joke around. I hate racists

Same. If there's anything I hate more than racists, it's blacks.

Posted by Lord of Spam

Quoting Bebop: Same. If there's anything I hate more than racists, it's blacks.

Dont forget spics and gooks. :(

Posted by Fate

Hey, man, that was a double-KO for me. :(

Posted by higbvuyb

Landon, thats not her fault. It's the government's fault for giving out 'your' money. If you don't like it, tell the government to change the laws.

Posted by Lord of Spam

Quoting Fate: Hey, man, that was a double-KO for me. :(

Then gtfo my country, mexi-gook.MASSIVE JK HERE PEOPLE.

Posted by Fate

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v247/end_Fate/Wallpapersetc/mexi-gook.png[/IMG]

Posted by Lord of Spam

For once, your cam whoring has paid off. I hereby declare that an official win.

Thought at the cost of the hilarity, lets try to get back on topic.:(

Posted by Richaod

Quoting Landon: No, you still don't seem to understand.

Minority = Assistance
Woman = Assistance

What she and Lord of Spam said. Didn't you also claim that your parents refused welfare money too?

I have no idea what the criteria for receiving such grants is in the U.S., but I know it's not (officially) what you say.

Posted by Landon

[QUOTE=Lord of Spam]Wait, since when do INNERCITY dwellers have lawns?

Context.
It's a great, great thing when one is trying to enter a conversation as a come -lately..

We were talking about Los Angeles.
Google "Watts" or "South Central LA".

[quote]Seems to me like every time I've seen a rotting car in someone's lawn, its been a WHITE redneck. Nice try though.

Anecdote.

[quote]I'm white. I'm male. I HAVE BLOND HAIR AND BLUE EYES. The only way you could get any whiter than me is to be scandenavian. Guess what? I GOT GOVERNMENT MONEY FOR COLLEGE, BECUASE I DID WELL IN HIGH SCHOOL BUT COULD NOT AFFORD COLLEGE. You can take all your "zomg whites dont get any monies" and cram it up yor arse. Maybe you didnt try hard enough, or maybe you just plain sucked at teh skoolz. But to say that white males dont get any money is just plain wrong.

Actually, I did do well.
You are a Floridian, so you know what a "Florida Bright Futures" Scholarship is.
I'se gots me one of dose back in da day.
That is far, far different thing than a "Florida Here's Money Because You're A Mexican" scholarship.

Posted by Landon

Quoting Fate: [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v247/end_Fate/Wallpapersetc/mexi-gook.png[/IMG]

LMFAO!
OK, that was some funny ****...

Posted by Lord of Spam

Quoting Landon: Context.
It's a great, great thing when one is trying to enter a conversation as a come -lately..

We were talking about Los Angeles.
Google "Watts" or "South Central LA".

Google "humor".

Quoting Landon: Anecdote.

See above.

Quoting Landon: Actually, I did do well.
You are a Floridian, so you know what a "Florida Bright Futures" Scholarship is.
I'se gots me one of dose back in da day.
That is far, far different thing than a "Florida Here's Money Because You're A Mexican" scholarship.

Two points.

One) Like I said, your previous statement was that white males dont get anything. I then pointed out that as a white male, I got something. I then pointed out that if you were refering to race/gender based handouts, then you were vauge but correct. You failed to see that. I posted another explaination that you will most likely try to make a witty comeback to.

Two)OH GOD DONT TELL ME YOU LIVE IN FLORIDA TOO.

Posted by Nightscare

racistists are *******s. "What!!!! you be lookin at my chicken, cracker!!! ahhh, those black people and their racism

Posted by Fei-on Castor

Quoting Nightscare: racistists are *******s. "What!!!! you be lookin at my chicken, cracker!!! ahhh, those black people and their racism

Boy, you've made an excellent first impression.

I think that racism is fueled by distinguishing between races. Black people outright state a difference between themselves, and white people, therefore, racism is fueled by more than just white people.

Black people identify themselves as "black", and not the same as "white", therefore, causing us to distinguish between races, thus causing people to formulate opinions about each group.

A black man once said to me, "It was your great grand-daddy that kicked my daddy out of the barber shop for being black!"

I then reminded him that I'm a Jew, and my great-grand-daddy died in a Nazi concentration camp.

Posted by Speedfreak

...and what did he say? Come on, don't leave me hanging.

Posted by Fei-on Castor

Hah.

He said nothing. He "harumphed", and then went on his way.

I could whine about the plight of my ancestors, and believe me, historically, the Jews have had it worse than black people. They may be doing okay now, but for thousands of years, they just got whipped by one group after another.

But instead of getting by using whining, I'll get by using intellect, sense, and determination. I'm putting myself through college, no help from anyone. I didn't even mention to them that I'm of Jewish blood because I don't want anyone to consider my heritage as criteria for my worthiness to recieve aid. I'd like to recieve aid based on merit, not bloodline.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Man, if I was black, I would pull the racism card to get out of every tight spot I worked my way into.

Alas, I am but a lowly white man.

Posted by Arwon

"Americans don't like to talk about class, it makes us uncomfortable. We're not supposed to have such things. As a proxy, we usually end up talking about race where class is the true subject, because of the high correlation between the two."

Smartest thing I've heard in a long time. Probably do a lot to unmuddy the waters to call a spade a spade.

Posted by Dreadnought

Unfortunately, Feion, we don't live in a meritocracy, and we probably never will. It is human nature to find a scapegoat or a whipping boy, and if there is one thing that modern man loves it is claiming abuse to get more aid. You see this in disputes about race, class, and everything else to the point of madness. IF you can point a finger and say "Hey! Its his fault that I'm like this" it makes things a lot easier on you, because you can eschew the concept of personal responsibility altogether.

Posted by Major Kitty

I wanna be the minority... if it would get me outta some finacial problems... yeah and what gives black ppl call us crackas and theyre fellow blacks Niggas yet we cant say it bc we are white i say, as white people, we take a stand No more Honkey or Cracker shall come out of a black guys mouth Though I know no one will agree.

Posted by The Judge

Well I'll just start callin' em n[COLOR="White"]i[/COLOR]ggers for ya' buddy. I'll take the hate.

I make fun of em all; n[COLOR="White"]i[/COLOR]ggers, beaners, chinks, gooks, slopes, slants, whops, krauts, limeys, yanks, japs, sand-n[COLOR="White"]i[/COLOR]ggers, jews, crackers. Man, there's no one I don't make fun of. I'm just an overall hater.

This coat's made out of your moma's pubic hair.

Posted by Avenging6soul6Of6OBN

[COLOR="Blue"]I make fun of all niggas, specialy the ones that make themselves call "rappers"
with those jeans that reach the floor I wish I can get them up to their neck and see them choke... :devil:[/COLOR]

Posted by Random

I don't hate blacks, I just don't like Rap. Simple as that. I don't care for the Thug life. I guess in a way I don't care for whites. Emo kids... Gah they annoy me worse than people actin all thug like.

Mexicans.. Those guys are the mother F***ers. You can't diss the Mexicans. I'm not Mexican, but what those mother F***ers do to get in this country. I mean they'll work anywhere. They were working hard in those grape fields. I mean I could never see myself doing that. Those guys went through a lot of hell. And y'know what.. I don't hear too much complaining out of them. Mexicans in my book.. Are cool..

Oh and White Power and all that junk.. Hail Hitler.. etc etc

Posted by Fate

Rap isn't just a black thing. Blondie was the first white rapper. Mexicans, in the Latin world, are fun to mock. I guess it's different in America.

Posted by Bebop

Quoting Major Kitty: I wanna be the minority... if it would get me outta some finacial problems... yeah and what gives black ppl call us crackas and theyre fellow blacks Niggas yet we cant say it bc we are white i say, as white people, we take a stand No more Honkey or Cracker shall come out of a black guys mouth Though I know no one will agree.

I hate it when people say "why can balcks call each other niggas but we can't call them niggas!1!!?" because whoever says it obvioulsy has an IQ only slightly bigger than the number of teeth they have.

It's the same reason why my friends could call me a fag or peadophile and I can take it lightly but if a random stranger were to approach me and call me a fag I would take offence. It's called ritual insults. Idiot.

[quote=Fei-on]I think that racism is fueled by distinguishing between races.
Not acknowledging difference in race also fuels racism. Take a look at France. In France, no matter what colour or relgion you belong you everyone is seen as French. There are no black-african French, no Jewish French etc they are all French. By refusing you beleive that there is such a thing as difference in colour or religion it creates racism. Did you hear about when a school banned religious head scarves?

[quote]I then reminded him that I'm a Jew, and my great-grand-daddy died in a Nazi concentration camp.

My great-grand daddy died in a Nazi concentration camp too. He fell out a guard tower and broke his neck :(:(:(

Posted by father o'blivion

white people talking about the plight of minorites is always pretty funny

Posted by Fate

Minorities that don't take advantage of living in a first-world country where discrimination is minimal is pretty funny, too.

Posted by Slade

I'd say recognize that there are different races, but then realize that it makes no difference intellectually. Recognize they will talk differently, but make space to adapt to things like that.

Posted by Arwon

I've completely lost track of what the hell anyone's talking about now.

Posted by GameMiestro

Here's a new question- is being anti-racist a good thing or a bad thing?

Quoted post: Here's a new question- is being anti-racist a good thing or a bad thing?

Depends what you mean. You can be so anti-racism that you end up being racist yourself. It just depends on the degree.

Posted by Fei-on Castor

Quoting Dreadnought: Unfortunately, Feion, we don't live in a meritocracy, and we probably never will. It is human nature to find a scapegoat or a whipping boy, and if there is one thing that modern man loves it is claiming abuse to get more aid. You see this in disputes about race, class, and everything else to the point of madness. IF you can point a finger and say "Hey! Its his fault that I'm like this" it makes things a lot easier on you, because you can eschew the concept of personal responsibility altogether.

You're right. The idea is great on paper, but in real life, it doesn't pan out so well. I personally would fare better in such a society, but there will always be someone who is just lazy. They place the blame on others for their own shortcomings, and therefore, you've just undone the whole structure of my idea. It's bothersome for me because the answer is simple. But so few actually are willing to make the necessary strides.

Posted by gOdOfWaR

HAHAH racism rules. negros wonder why they get picked. learn how to talk and stop limping and bragging you got shot 10 times. lmao we should have a draft and send all the negros to the middel east to be shot.

Posted by Fei-on Castor

Quoting gOdOfWaR: HAHAH racism rules. negros wonder why they get picked. learn how to talk and stop limping and bragging you got shot 10 times. lmao we should have a draft and send all the negros to the middel east to be shot.

I've met many black folks that meet none of the criteria you've listed.

Posted by Lord of Spam

Considering that the army is comprised mainly of lower income individuals, it wouldnt really suprise me to find that it already is disproportionately black.

Also, how the hell is Blondie a rapper?

Posted by gOdOfWaR

fei-on there are good blacks and there are bad blacks.good blacks are people like montel .bad blacks are people that live in the hood wear there hat side ways and act like a freakin moron and should be shot on spot.i dont hate all blacks .like flavor flav hes cool or rev run there cool blacks.but all these side ways dread lock gold front ,you no where im going should be put back on the farm.may i say,stupid politics

Quoted post: HAHAH racism rules. negros wonder why they get picked. learn how to talk and stop limping and bragging you got shot 10 times. lmao we should have a draft and send all the negros to the middel east to be shot.

You fail for being racist and yet, calling them "negros". I mean, if you're going to be racist, AT LEAST call them ni[COLOR="White"]g[/COLOR]gers.

Posted by Fei-on Castor

Quoting gOdOfWaR: fei-on there are good blacks and there are bad blacks.good blacks are people like montel .bad blacks are people that live in the hood wear there hat side ways and act like a freakin moron and should be shot on spot.i dont hate all blacks .like flavor flav hes cool or rev run there cool blacks.but all these side ways dread lock gold front ,you no where im going should be put back on the farm.may i say,stupid politics

Okay, but can't we just say that there are good people and bad people, regardless of skin color? I've met some pretty messed up white people in my life, and I don't generalize them. I think that everyone is unique and I will give anyone a chance. I don't like to even define them as being "black" because that puts a differentiation between them and myself, when we really aren't all that different. We have the same potential for our character definition. The color of one's skin says very little about that person. The content of one's character tells everything.

Often, character can be identified by things like clothing, music, and all of that. So I'm saying that you can see someone dressed up all stupid, like a gangster, and use that to formulate an opinion. But the person wearing the stupid clothing could be white, black or anything else. Their character remains the same, despite the difference in skin color. So ultimately, skin color means nothing.

Posted by gOdOfWaR

lmao wiggers should just be slaped.so what are people suppost to really look like.we cant walk around nude or wear fur or hide on our backs any more.

Posted by Fei-on Castor

Quoting gOdOfWaR: lmao wiggers should just be slaped.so what are people suppost to really look like.we cant walk around nude or wear fur or hide on our backs any more.

I didn't say that. I said judge a person by their character. Yes, you're right, there are stupid black gangster types, that wear a hairnet and a hat (sideways), and big puffy jackets and talk about how hard life is when you're in the hood. Those guys suck, in my opinion. But there are white people who do the same thing, and there are a lot of other ethnicities that do it. So why are you singling out black people? There are good black people and bad black people, right?

Well, there are also good white people, and bad white people. There are good latinos, and bad latinos. There are good Asians, and bad Asians. Get it?

So why do you specify the black people? Why not just "There are good people, and bad people, regardless of skin color"?

[quote=The L of the S]Also, how the hell is Blondie a rapper?

Your question is phrased poorly. Blondie is a band, not an individual. You're probably thinking of the lead singer/frontwoman of Blondie, Debbie Harry.

And to answer your question, listen to the Blondie song "Rapture" some time. Like, the whole thing, because at the beginning, there's no rapping. But Debbie busts a fatty rhyme toward the end of the song.

Posted by Lord of Spam

K.

Also, even to judge a person by the clothing they wear is superficial at best. one of my friends in high school was what you people seem to describe as thug. Through no fault of his own, he was born in an area of town known for being tough. He had been stabbed before he got into high school, because in the area he grew up in, **** like that happened. After his mom managed to get herself into a better job and move away from that environment, he was able to adjust, and went on to do rather well. He graduated with a 4.2, and a 1300 something sat score.

But since he wear sean jean and fubu he should obviously be shot on sight.

Once again, I'm reminded of this comic strip.
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v329/penguinbob/1130558034466.jpg[/IMG]
I'd bet money that this applies to the vast majority of people on here who seem to be clamoring for the inherent inferiority of blacks. I bet that none of you little **** stains would have the ****ing balls to walk of up to one of the people you look down on and actually say something, or even to go through with you brilliant plan of shoot them on sight. So shut your ****ing mouth, you little racist prick.

Posted by mis0

Agreed.

The problem isn't any race specifically, it's the over-zealous racist ****s of each ethnicity that are the problem. If anyone shoul be shot on site, it's probably them.

Which, XxgOdOvWareLOLOLXx, it means you get some free lead in your vacuous head.

Posted by Lord of Spam

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Misoxeny again.

Bonus points for rhyming.

Posted by higbvuyb

Quoting gOdOfWaR: fei-on there are good blacks and there are bad blacks.good blacks are people like montel .bad blacks are people that live in the hood wear there hat side ways and act like a freakin moron and should be shot on spot.

I bet you wear stupid clothes and act like a freaking moron on message boards trying to look cool. Now, shoot yourself on the spot.

Posted by Linko_16

Racism today is born of profiling. A racist could look at an asian going to school and assume he or she is a total genius who gets straight A's. Even the most ignorant racist, however, can admit that not all asians are perfect students; an asian classmate of mine, for instance, is perfectly content to accept whatever grade he recieves while he goes through school while working at his liesure.

However, this does not bring a very good perspective either. It's perfectly true that asians may not have a passion for school, but that doesn't change the fact that at least 90% of the asians I've met are straight-A students. Races are basic catagories we use to divide the human race, and what you have here are two sub-catagories: asians that are good students and fit the profile, and asians that are mediocre or bad students and deviate from their stereotype. The former of these greatly outnumber the latter, thus the reason for the stereotype in the first place.

Such divisions exist for all races, for all their stereotypes: there are black people that do and do not like chicken, Mexicans who did and did not enter the country illegally, Jews that do and do not work as accountants, et cetera. Since there are often multiple stereotypes within a race, you'd have to make sub-catagories within your original sub-catagory to address each profile, and sub-catagories within them. What about people of a certain race that partake in the stereotypes of other races? What about the white guy who loves chicken, the black straight-A student, the Mexican accountant? Such people also exist, so you'd have to make sub-catagories within all the other sub-catagories you made of your original catagory, just one race. Then again, what about profiles that aren't at all related to race? You can create more subcatagories about a preference to comedy movies, a taste for spicy foods, a passion for different sports. The possibilities are endless! You'd keep adding more and more subcatagories in this crazy attempt to define all the labels we give each other as basic human beings, until you've gotten so God**** specific that you reach...

The Individual.

It's true that in the case of race, certain behavior and personality traits can be predictable based off culture and background, but it's no excuse for profiling; everybody's an individual, an individual capable of being anyone, capable of falling into any of those infinite sub-catagories. They deserve to be treated with the respect of somebody capable of anything, as we all are.

Posted by KoH

[quote=gOdOfWaR]fei-on there are good blacks and there are bad blacks.good blacks are people like montel .bad blacks are people that live in the hood wear there hat side ways and act like a freakin moron and should be shot on spot.i dont hate all blacks .like flavor flav hes cool or rev run there cool blacks.but all these side ways dread lock gold front ,you no where im going should be put back on the farm.may i say,stupid politics

That is quite possibly the stupidest thing I've ever heard. People can't simply be classified as "good" or "bad." That's what makes humans so unique. We have Ego, Super ego, and Id. If certain people choose to dress in a certain manner, let 'em. Why interfere? Sure, some punks can get annoying (no, not necessarily blacks) and in your face, but that comes with the generation. You have more kids running around with less and less parental supervision, hence you have more and more kids running around with more anarchy, drugs, sex, and violence.

Your entire post should be reason enough for you to be forever branded as "moron" here.

Posted by S0LID 5NAKE

many ways to take it, as well as to display it, and say it as well. but i can just sum it up in one way. and this goes for the latinos, which i am btw, fro the blacks, for the jews, for the asians, and for the whites. yes even for the whites . but racism stems from our tendency to feel sorrry for ourselves. racism is something that is deeply rooted on our culture because of our tendency to talk and not do anything about it. then again thats the story of america,thats how it is and always has been. we like to point out others imperfections and not look at our own. topics about racism and discussions about racism i dont like to get involved on because there really is no end. i can say and point something out about some other race that i know they can point out about my own. white people always seem to mostly talk about how minorities seem to get more grants etc,etc and hoping in that sense we can understand and FEEL SORRY ABOUT THEM, or at least try to. but the reality is that we live in a country with so many diffreent races that it is hard for us to not to take notice of our diffrences. white people might say that mexicans are rude or smell or some shet like that. well i might say that everywhere that ive worked and gone to school to ive met a cocky *** white dude that feels that the world owes everything to him, and i can even say that when a white person is trully racist they usually end up talking in codes between so that only they understand what theyre saying.......or white folk might say that where mexicans live theres alot of crime. well i went to school in a mostly white community and you always heard if white kids getting kicked out, and about some white dude getting expelled for bringing a gun to school or some schit like that...............

the bottom line is this once you understand that racism usually stems from people feeling sorry for themselves youll be able to determine who can actuallly be racist the most and who is just being steretypical

everything else is just crayons from the box
or colored pencils of you think crayons is too racist

ps my typographical errors dont stem from me being mexican or a moron of any sort its just that i havent posted in a forum for a while

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=S0LID 5NAKE]the bottom line is this once you understand that racism usually stems from people feeling sorry for themselves

First part of the post that I saw, and it's already enough to decide you're stupid! Way to go!

Posted by Noir

Feeling sorry for ourselves? Then you, my friend, have obviously never experienced racism. I don't feel sorry for myself that I'm half black, and yet my white grandmother still refuses to see me.
Try again.

Posted by GameMiestro

[quote]ps my typographical errors dont stem from me being mexican or a moron of any sort

You sound kind of racist yourself... :cookie:

Posted by S0LID 5NAKE

its the sad truth. but your anger usually stems from it as well. america needs too look at ourselves and say yep were a country of inequalities, were country of different cultures, were a country of different ideals, religion , perspectives. some people for some reason dont seem to grasp that. its something that they need to deal with. theres no point in choosing a lifestyle of hatred against black people or mexicans. the same thing goes for us too. there is no point in being ****ed off all the time it gets you nowhere. deal with the fact that AMERICA WONT CHANGE ANYTIME SOON.

Quoting GameMiestro: You sound kind of racist yourself... :cookie:

nah............ i was just trying to prove a point that people will try to find imperfections within myself and what im trying to say and express.

[QUOTE=Shadow Elf]Feeling sorry for ourselves? Then you, my friend, have obviously never experienced racism. I don't feel sorry for myself that I'm half black, and yet my white grandmother still refuses to see me.
Try again.[QUOTE]

tell her to get over it. its not her fault or anyone elses about who your mom chooses to father her child. and yes i have experienced racism quite a bit. i can recognize it in an instant. then again i can recognize the difference between racism and stereotyping.

Posted by Noir

Actually, she's my father's mother, and she's not going to get over it. And America has changed quite a bit. Just around 20-30 years ago, it was completely segregated, and to go from that to what it is now is a very big leap. A few more generations should get done with the racisms.

Posted by Xenos

Solid Snake, out of curiosity, what state do you live in? I am sorry, but I have a horrible time understanding what you are saying in this part of your post:

"its the sad truth. but your anger usually stems from it as well. america needs too look at ourselves and say yep were a country of inequalities, were country of different cultures, were a country of different ideals, religion , perspectives. some people for some reason dont seem to grasp that. its something that they need to deal with. theres no point in choosing a lifestyle of hatred against black people or mexicans. the same thing goes for us too. there is no point in being ****ed off all the time it gets you nowhere. deal with the fact that AMERICA WONT CHANGE ANYTIME SOON."

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=S0LID 5NAKE]its the sad truth. but your anger usually stems from it as well. america needs too look at ourselves and say yep were a country of inequalities, were country of different cultures, were a country of different ideals, religion , perspectives. some people for some reason dont seem to grasp that. its something that they need to deal with. theres no point in choosing a lifestyle of hatred against black people or mexicans. the same thing goes for us too. there is no point in being ****ed off all the time it gets you nowhere. deal with the fact that AMERICA WONT CHANGE ANYTIME SOON.

I don't understand how me laughing at a racist joke means I feel sorry for myself.

Posted by S0LID 5NAKE

Quoting Speedfreak: I don't understand how me laughing at a racist joke means I feel sorry for myself.

lol...youre basically laughing at a joke on the generalization of another culture. that doesnt necesarily make you a racist. it would be different if you were the one saying the joke and you were saying it just to SHOW that you can say it or to display that you actuallly believe that the joke is fully true. ive laughed at a bunch of jokes about race. wether its directed at my own culture or at someone elses then again i can take jokes. dave chappelle brought forward those types of jokes and they were accepted by everybody(mostly) except for those WHINNY *** white dudes, or the pro chicano people. we have to face that in reality that is how the human race is. we base everything on generalization. that doesnt necesarilly makes us racist. if you choose to be a nazi or choose to be a black panther, then youre just doing it out of hatred, mostly because of the SUFFERING that youre family has endured, or reverse discrimination, or just out of pure idiotic hatred that you have against them.

and xenos i live in the same state as you do except further down south. so i live in a state that is literally a melting pot of colors races and creeds.

Posted by Speedfreak

...you idiot. Richard Pryor did that way before Dave Chappelle.

Posted by S0LID 5NAKE

Quoting Speedfreak: ...you idiot. Richard Pryor did that way before Dave Chappelle.

****itt...i hate to think youre right

Posted by Pvt.Sarnate

Racism really doesnt bother me that much. I used be a little racist little kid but as I grew up I began to learn how to understand one another. In other words, I've matured. Racism is full of ignorance and has no point to it at all, if racism does have a point, I doubt that its actually a good one.

Posted by LightByDarkness

I just hate how when someone wheres a confederate flag AKA "the stars and bars", in my area, everyone immediately thinks they are a redneck racist punk. Not to mention 2 days ago, someone spray painted white power on the front of my high school and they blamed it on the kids who normally where the flag lol.

Posted by mis0

That's because the south is full of racist ****s. [spoiler]I'll bet he'll have an annurism when he reads that. [/spoiler]

Posted by Kanashuri

Quoting Misoxeny: That's because the south is full of racist ****s. [spoiler]I'll bet he'll have an annurism when he reads that. [/spoiler]

You speak as if you've known me my whole life. Just because I dont like ignorant ******s doesnt mean I dont like nonignorant negroes.