244 megs of memory is NOT enough!!!

Posted by Jesse Smith

Remember early yesterday night, when the boards were slow as a slug/crashed for awhile?! Yes, you remember that!!!! The first few times were simple from ME trying to view a web page!!!! It was an art site that used mySQL and mySQL slowed it down, while static URLs went fine! Then after I stoped re-uploading, after making three sites, some search engine, ie Googlebot came along and Googlebombed me!!! (Googlebomb= when the Googlebot crashes a server!) Then I changed the script permission so you couldn't access it and tried to shut down mySQL and re-start it. Too slow to even do that. So I finally re-booted the server!

(Webhost messed up.) I've always paid for a Gig of RAM and on the last restore, they only gave me 244 Megs of memory, LESS THAN MY iMAC HAS!!!!!! What you saw is what you would see if I hosted all my sites on my iMac, plus the loading being slow as a slug since I only got DSL!!!!

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Huh, I somewhat wondered what was going on. Then I went to bed.

Posted by Boner

You mean to tell us that one time out of about 247983265491203 times, the site wasn't actually being hacked? AMAZING!

Posted by Arczu

"Googlebombed"... that doesn't sound good at all.

Posted by Jesse Smith

Quoting Arczu]bombed"... that doesn't sound good at all. [/size]

When the server can handle it, it's GREAT to get Googlebombed!!! :D:D:D:D

Posted by Proto Man

Wait... you pay for 1 GB of RAM? So 768 MB of RAM isn't enough? If not... then darn, guess I had better get another 512 stick if I want to be googlebombed.

Posted by Jesse Smith

Quoting Protoman: So 768 MB of RAM isn't enough?

er look at da title!!!!!

Posted by Proto Man

Quoting Jesse Smith: er look at da title!!!!!

It says 244 isn't enough (although I am not exactly sure how you get 244 since it's all binary numbered anyhow), a you said you normally pay for a GB of RAM. So I am asking for my own refference, is 768 enough for to be googlebombed? Because that is all I have at the moment.

Posted by Jesse Smith

244 isn't enough!!!! Having 768 mega added back on is enough! Only reason I was at 244 was because they messed up!!! I never had 768 Megs of memory. I went from 244 back to a gig!! For vbulletin and most kinds of sites, 244 would be enough. Only when the art scripts got a request did it crash!!! For a day it was at 244 and none you guys crashed the server while all of you were here, while only one request for the art site slowed it down, then the Googlebomb killed it!! :D:D

Posted by Proto Man

Quoting Jesse Smith: I never had 768 Megs of memory. I went from 244 back to a gig!!

I never said YOU had 768 MB of memory, I said I did. Well thanks, anyhow, I understand it now.

Posted by Prince Redon

HaHa...Hi.

Well I come back to VGC only to find more problems...;)

Posted by Klarth

Leave, then. That's one problem off our list.

Posted by Prince Redon

If I wanted to hear an a**hole I'd fart...If I'm that bad put me on your ignore list, otherwise shut up and get off my vgc.

Anyway, just buy more memory, and if you can't afford it, either get a job, or start a donation fund.

Posted by Poison

Quoting Jesse Smith: Remember early yesterday night, when the boards were slow as a slug/crashed for awhile?! Yes, you remember that!!!! The first few times were simple from ME trying to view a web page!!!! It was an art site that used mySQL and mySQL slowed it down, while static URLs went fine! Then after I stoped re-uploading, after making three sites, some search engine, ie Googlebot came along and Googlebombed me!!! (Googlebomb= when the Googlebot crashes a server!) Then I changed the script permission so you couldn't access it and tried to shut down mySQL and re-start it. Too slow to even do that. So I finally re-booted the server!

(Webhost messed up.) I've always paid for a Gig of RAM and on the last restore, they only gave me 244 Megs of memory, LESS THAN MY iMAC HAS!!!!!! What you saw is what you would see if I hosted all my sites on my iMac, plus the loading being slow as a slug since I only got DSL!!!!

Ominous.