iPod nano and ROKR E1

Posted by Velvet Nightmare

Pretty showtime:

Nano:

Also, the iPod mini line has been killed off. The nano comes in 2GB and 4GB capacites.

ROKR E1:
[img]http://img.engadget.com/common/images/0524319320818418.JPG[/img]

Engadget:

[i]" Well, we

Posted by Klarth

I'm guessing it's flash memory rather than an hd.

whatever, i think i want one!

edit: it comes in glossy black, too. Now I really want one.

Of course it uses flash, one of the main resons is because Samsung gave Apple such a huge discount on chips.

Although I have a normal iPod Photo, I would really like to try one of these.

Posted by Sean Fury

So, it's like an iPod mini, but improved even further. Man, I really wish I would of waited to get mine now, that thing sounds awesome.

Posted by thelaststand

if its a picture ipod that only comes in 2 and 4 gigabytes i wouldnt see much of a point in buying it, i mean its small and nice, but i mean come on i have at least 5gbs of just music, if you put computer files and pictures on it your not going to have much room, but i guess if you dont need much room its nice

Quoting thelaststand: if its a picture ipod that only comes in 2 and 4 gigabytes i wouldnt see much of a point in buying it, i mean its small and nice, but i mean come on i have at least 5gbs of just music, if you put computer files and pictures on it your not going to have much room, but i guess if you dont need much room its nice

No, you are missing the point. This iPod is clearly not designed for anything but asethetical good looks, a total trendwhore item, if you will. While they are intresting devices, they aren't at all practical.

5GB? That's all? In that case, unless you are a total music and picture fiend like myself, you really should go with a nano, it would involve more work, but the price difference between a full sized iPod might make a big difference.

Also just as a note, they can hold 15,000 pictures, or so says Apple, if they are reformatted to the smaller setting. I can believe this, as my Photo has 5300 or so photos on it, and this takes up about 4.5GB of space.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Bare minimum should be 10 gigs. It's completely useless otherwise.

I won't deny that it looks lovely. But, chances are it's going to be REALLY expensive. more so than their 20 gig line. Not worth it.

Posted by Sean Fury

Quoting Vampiro: Bare minimum should be 10 gigs. It's completely useless otherwise.

I won't deny that it looks lovely. But, chances are it's going to be REALLY expensive. more so than their 20 gig line. Not worth it.

[QUOTE=Velvet Nightmare]
UPDATE: A few more details. It

Quoted post: 250.

You're point? You can get a 20 gig for less on Amazon. Either way, even if the 20 was $300, it would still be a better value than this new one.

Posted by brownoystercult

Ah, the Razr of iPods!

Seriously, it looks pretty sweet. I may get this for my birthday, since I don't need that much space for my music anyway.

Posted by higbvuyb

Quoting Vampiro: You're point? You can get a 20 gig for less on Amazon. Either way, even if the 20 was $300, it would still be a better value than this new one.

Unless the iPod has GRPS, a camera, talk time, and bluetooth, I'd think he's talking about the phone.

Quoted post: Unless the iPod has GRPS, a camera, talk time, and bluetooth, I'd think he's talking about the phone.

Ah, well seeing as I assumed it would have something to with my post, I figured he was commenting on the Nano.

Posted by Klarth

My brother just ordered one. And put his mini up for sale.

I had no idea they were already available.

Posted by Pit

Well... the mni had 4Gigs and 6Gigs, the nano is even less, at a higher price. Sure it's prettier, but battery life and storage capacity has been reduced.

Quoting Vampiro: Bare minimum should be 10 gigs. It's completely useless otherwise.

I agree, but the price point would be insanely high for such a device, Samsung is already loosing money from cutting flash memory costs; they can't afford more losses.