earthbound screw up

Posted by iamthebeet

i made the horrible mistake of giving paula the pencil eraser before she got stolen by the guy in fourside's dept store. now i'm stuck with a pencil i have to get rid of in tarah rama's cave (you know the one with all the monkeys). is there any way i can get through or fix this somehow with out having to start the game all over again. ack.. how lame.. please help

Posted by iamthebeet

i just need the cheat that lets me put the pencil eraser in my goods

Posted by -Shadow-

I just did a quick search for you, and there doesn't seem to be any such code to put things back in your inventory.

Btw, I haven't played the game in ages, but what are you talking about with a pencil eraser? I'm lost. (It has been a long time since I have played it though, so it's probably just me.)

Either way, good luck.

Posted by iamthebeet

you get this pencil eraser from the 'apple kid' which is this crazy inventor you meet. it allows you to erase random giant pencils that stand in your way.
anyway, i found this: http://starmen.net/files/0000/09a6/debug.php and there is a section that says 'place items in your inventory' i can't figure out how to make it work on snes9x though...

Posted by iamthebeet

you get this pencil eraser from the 'apple kid' which is this crazy inventor you meet. it allows you to erase random giant pencils that stand in your way.
anyway, i found this: http://starmen.net/files/0000/09a6/debug.php and there is a section that says 'place items in your inventory' i can't figure out how to make it work on snes9x though...

Posted by inequity

Im 100% positive there is are item modifier codes somewhere but I cannot find the site. The best thing I could find that may help is a WALK THROUGH WALLS code. Im pretty sure you can walk right through the pencil.

C054EAA9

If I find the site with the item modifier codes, I'll post it.

Posted by iamthebeet

thanks so much for the walk through walls code but it didn't really work. i couldn't walk through the pencil but i could go around it. unfortunately then i couldn't go through the door, which i needed to do. well, keep me posted if you find the inventory codes

Posted by inequity

Oh, the pencil is directly in front of the door? I thought there was a small gap in between. I'll still see if I can find the codes...

Posted by iamthebeet

well, i was able to get behind it so it looks like i would be able to go through but when i press up nothing happend

Posted by VicE

No Game Genie trickery needed; just call Escargo Express. Goodness knows how they got it, but they'll have the Pencil Eraser if Paula had it on her when she got kidnapped.

Posted by iamthebeet

i can't believe its that easy.. you're amazing. thanks