Favorite instrumental song(s)

Posted by The_Essence_Vortex

Mine is the Castle In The Mist from the ICO soundtrack. Mandolins rock! And you'll rarely hear that come from me. At least, I think Castle In The Mist is the song I'm thinking of....

Posted by TheSecondComing

Mogwai, Mogwai, Mogwai. Specifically 'Mogwai Fear Satan' and 'Helicon 1'.

I'm sure that if I whored this band out more then everyone in this forum would leech on to them and overrate them, as is their habit.

Posted by Fiindil

Machinae Supremacy- Machinae Prime

Posted by Lazy Guitar

Crystal Planet - Joe Satriani.

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

Man-Made God by In Flames
or
Classic Gas by Williams and/or Clapton

Posted by rivercitytecmo

off the top of my head, "airlane" by gary numan, "the big ship" by brian eno, and "frankenstein" by the edgar winter group.

Posted by Richaod

Probably everything on both Liquid Tension Experiment albums, all the instrumentals on Jordan Rudess' Rhythm Of Time, then most of Dream Theater's instrumentals (Stream of Consciousness, Erotomania, The Ytse Jam). I've been in pure musical bliss ever since getting the Liquid Tension Experiment stuff.

Mogwai produce stuff that's like anticlimactic ambient soundtrack stuff. Compared to all the above material, it... seems obsolete.

Posted by MetalVox~55

I'm casting my vote to Yngwie Malmsteen's "Far Beyond The Sun"

Posted by Gollum

Dream Theater's "Ytse Jam" and "Erotomania", as well as Jordan Rudess's "Time Crunch" and anything from Liquid Tension Experiment.

Posted by louder than a bomb

"The Big Ship" is fantastic.

Comets on Fire - Pussy Footin' the Duke
Squarepusher - Don't Go Plastic
Miles Davis - Black Satin
Beach Boys - Pet Sounds (the song)
Lightning Bolt - Assassins
Boredoms - 7777
Boredoms - Circle

Quoting Richaod:
Mogwai produce stuff that's like anticlimactic ambient soundtrack stuff. Compared to all the above material, it... seems obsolete.

OMG DIE.

You definitely need to get out of your 'one-song judgement' habit.

Posted by sabre

Dream Theater -
Stream of Consciousness
Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence Part 1: Overture
Hell's Kitchen
Overture 1928
YTSE Jam
Crimson Sunrise
Crimson Sunset

Jordan Rudess -
What Four
Bass Hopping with Mr. Picky
Time Crunch
Screaming Head
Feed The Wheel

Dali's Dilemma -
Andromeda Sunrise

Nightwish -
Moondance
Ghost Love Score (Instrumental Score)

Anubis Gate -
Before Anubis

That should do.

Posted by Madame Flurrie

"Fire on High" by ELO.

Posted by rivercitytecmo

Quoting louder than a bomb:
Lightning Bolt - Assassins

that's a great song. "dracula mountain" is pretty kick-..., too.

Posted by sabre

I'm gonna have to add Office of Strategic Influence - Horseshoes and B-52s, which just finished for the first time 02:30 ago exactly.

Posted by Richaod

Quoting TheSecondComing: OMG DIE.

You definitely need to get out of your 'one-song judgement' habit.

As do you. A single Dream Theater album reflects nothing about them ten years later.

Quoting Richaod: As do you.

Last time I checked, a 70-80 minute album isn't usually a single song.

If you listened to 'Come On Die Young' or 'Young Team' you could diss them all you wanted to.

Posted by Shin_Akuma

Speed Metal Symphony by Cacophony and Into The Lungs Of Hell by megadeth.

Posted by Lazy Guitar

Quoting Bj Blaskowitz: Classic Gas by Williams and/or Clapton

How could I forget that one...

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

Quoting Funntroll: Crystal Planet - Joe Satriani.

that entire CD is amazing study music.

Posted by Richaod

Quoting TheSecondComing: Last time I checked, a 70-80 minute album isn't usually a single song.

If you listened to 'Come On Die Young' or 'Young Team' you could diss them all you wanted to.

OMG YOU SKIPPED TEH REST OF THE POST!

k i will :)

Posted by The Punisher

Slipknot-Iowa the song not the cd. It gives me a creepy sort of feeling.

Posted by MetalVox~55

Lookit me! Im slipknot! I'm gonna do everything i can to make muddy sounding guitars, crappily EQ'd bass, metallic and loose-sounding trums and computer noises to make bad music! Whee! Oh, by the way, i'm not good at anything I do :(

Posted by Richaod

Quoting MetalVox~55: Lookit me! Im slipknot! I'm gonna do everything i can to make muddy sounding guitars, crappily EQ'd bass, metallic and loose-sounding trums and computer noises to make bad music! Whee! Oh, by the way, i'm not good at anything I do :(

How productive.

Their production quality is admittedly pretty bad, though.

Posted by The_Essence_Vortex

Quoting MetalVox~55: Lookit me! Im slipknot! I'm gonna do everything i can to make muddy sounding guitars, crappily EQ'd bass, metallic and loose-sounding trums and computer noises to make bad music! Whee! Oh, by the way, i'm not good at anything I do :(

I heard that Slipknot sucks REALLY BAD in concert.

Posted by The Punisher

Slipknot use to blow in concert, but at ozzfest they basicly PWNED all the ***'es like Metalvox~55, but we all have our own oppions. The sad thing is you actually went all out on me for giving my oppion in a topic asking what my favorite instrumental is. Why must people post something to make another feal inferrior, bad home life, losing a relative, sucky school life, something along those lines? Sorry for acting like an *** the best I can on here.

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

inferriorty compleks!?

Posted by ZEN

I dig...

Terminal Frost - Pink Floyd
Orion - Metallica
Gettysburg - Randy Edelman

Pretty much anything by Midnight Syndicate
Most of the music from Castlevania games
The works of Yasunori Mitsuda

That's my "oppions".

Posted by Lazy Guitar

Helloween: Moshi Moshi-Shiki No Ula

Posted by Richaod

Quoting The Punisher: Slipknot use to blow in concert, but at ozzfest they basicly PWNED all the ***'es like Metalvox~55, but we all have our own oppions. The sad thing is you actually went all out on me for giving my oppion in a topic asking what my favorite instrumental is. Why must people post something to make another feal inferrior, bad home life, losing a relative, sucky school life, something along those lines? Sorry for acting like an *** the best I can on here.

Disregarding the music they play, I'm sure they have pretty decent shows. You can kind of see why they're popular live when you listen to Pulse Of The Maggots or something like that.

Posted by MetalVox~55

Quoting The Punisher: Slipknot use to blow in concert, but at ozzfest they basicly PWNED all the ***'es like Metalvox~55, but we all have our own oppions.

u dun haff gud ghrammer do u?

[quote=The Punisher]The sad thing is you actually went all out on me for giving my oppion in a topic asking what my favorite instrumental is. Why must people post something to make another feal inferrior, bad home life, losing a relative, sucky school life, something along those lines? Sorry for acting like an *** the best I can on here.
No, I didn't go "all out on you." I made fun of Slipknot because a band with that many people doing the kind of music they do shouldn't be considered a "musicial group;" instead they should be more of a "noise-making group." Their songs lost their novelty REAL fast, and their gimmick of "WE WEAR MASKS CUZ WERE SCARY!" is the most ridiculous thing i've ever heard of.

Slipknot is the mainstream version of metal that is akin to the likes of Dashboard Confessional is to emo.

Case in point: Slipknot has nothing going for them except their gimmick. I hope they die a slow and painful death.