GWAR

Posted by NES Queen

my buddy is on a GWAR kick recently, reliving old memories. he recalls that they played the theme music for a NES game, but we can't remember which one it was to.

anyone know which game they played on?

Posted by VirtualRealityZone

Oh yeah! I remember...but they didnt play the "theme music" they played the background music. The game was Beavis and Butthead for Super Nintendo.

Posted by ZEN

Yeah GWAR was featured in the 'Beavis and Butt-head' game for SNES and Genesis. I don't think they were ever in a NES game.

If so, I can't imagine what game would possibly have a theme worthy of GWAR-like monstrocity.
'Toxic Crusaders' maybe? Not sure.

Posted by Tyler Durden

I can, Spider Man: The Animated Series. They (GWAR) wrote, produced, and performed that theme song [not to be confused with the theme from Maximum Carnage, performed by Green Jello/Jelly]. The affiliated SNES/Genesis adaptation holds the same theme. As for the NES, nothing comes to mind..

Posted by The Punisher

Im inpressed. GWAR have done many things like write theme songs for Kevin Smith Films, totaly **** people off at their concerts, and now theyve made a videogame background music. Thats insane. Anyways ill probaly find a copy of this game or go to extremeitys to play it *wink wink*. Im at school right now so i cant download anything, but was the BG Music transformed into a Midi or was it kept the real sound?

Posted by Tyler Durden

Quoting The Punisher: ..was the BG Music transformed into a Midi or was it kept the real sound?

I believe, last I can recall.. It was in a MIDI format. Just buy one of those Spidey epi-collections at Wal-Mart. The theme song alone is worth parting a few bucks.

Posted by The Punisher

Whats the name of the song, I could download it.

Posted by Tyler Durden

Spider-man: The Animated Series [keywords] "GWAR, spiderman, spidey, theme song". It's not THAT hard to find, mate.

Posted by chimaira

I recall it being something like "slaught-o-rama"

Posted by Tyler Durden

Sorry chimaira, but, wrong.. First; it's 'Slaughterama', and second; that's not the correct song The Punisher was looking for.