Windows NT Folder?

Posted by Alastor

I want to install this thing Klarth sent me (UXTheme_Multi_Patcher__Neowin_Edition__2.0), but I'm getting two errors. The grammar is kind of poor, but I'm copying these exactly as they are.

Error 1: Neowin UXTheme Multi-Patcher v2.0 supports only Windows XP with official Service Pack 2 (build 2180) in English version! This program may not work on Windows XP with Service Pack 2 in other languages.

I have Service Pack 2, and in English.

Error 2: Neowin UXTheme Multi-Patcher v2.0 has detected that there's any Windows NT setup files in

c:\

It's not recommend you to continue with this. Please eject your Windows NT CD or move your setup files to other path. Press OK to exit patch.

I've tried deleting it and moving it, but it always gets an error saying that it's in use by another program.

Advice?

Posted by NegativeTrend

Patch it manually is the only way I've gotten it to work on SP2.

Posted by Klarth

I have SP2 and it worked fine for me when I used the patcher :/

Posted by Alastor

How would I go about patching it manually? :/

Posted by Klarth

Ask NT when he gets out of the shower. *oscar*:big_bird:

Posted by higbvuyb

disable system file protection, delete uxtheme.dll, replace with one off the net, then turn sfa back on.

Posted by NegativeTrend

http://www.softpedia.com/get/Desktop-Enhancements/Themes/UXTheme-Patch-For-Windows-XP-SP2-Final.shtml

Posted by Alastor

Alright, I followed the instructions on that page for a while. The only thing I did different was I didn't rename UXTheme.dll to UXTheme.dll.old, because I didn't have a UXTheme.dll in my system folder to replace.

I downloaded it, extracted to my desktop, moved it to C:\Windows\SYSTEM, rebooted.
Nothing.

Posted by NegativeTrend

System32 and System folders are different. :p

Posted by Alastor

Is System32 hidden then? It's not in my WINDOWS folder. ;o