FSU/Miami

Posted by Apocalypse

What's your predictions for the FSU/Miami game? I think it will be a close game, with each team getting a couple of big plays. I have heard that Hester is considered questionable for the game, because he has turf toe. Hester is only good on Special Teams, and that's where he will prolly play tonite(if he plays at all), I was really hoping to see him play some defense, I was wanting him to go up against one of our speedy WR's, but oh well. Both teams have new QB's. Miami's WR corps is a lil' more proven, but I have a feeling taht our WR's are gonna be just fine. FSU has the more proven running game, with Washington and Booker. It won't matter who is at running back or quarterback if the OL doesn't help. I think our OL will do better than expected. I think Miami's DL is overrated, from watching last years games. But that's just my opinion. I think our DL is underrated, Bunkley and Wimbley are really good. So is Fluellen, he will be a stud. Our LB's are the best in the nation. FSU is young at CB, while Miami is experienced. FSU has maybe the best safety in the land with Watkins, Hall is a pretty good rover. I think we will be fine at this position, but I do believe the CB's will show their youth, and Mimai will get a big play or two. I think FSU wins this game 17-13, but I have been wrong b4...

Thoughts?

Posted by El Capitan

Thoughts from the game...

Miami-

Good notes-
~Greg Olsen looked great, next Shockey.
~Wright looks to have a promsing college career.

Bad Notes-
Kick snapper
O-line...8 sacks in one game says it there
Lance Legget needs to exploe

FSU notes

Good- Running game looks ok...Booker and Washington seemed to have cold feet.
Wimberly- Finally got his chances at DE, looked great..
Defense overall- Incredible, 8 sacks in one game...

Bad-
Weatherford looked terrible...I know 3rd strings that look better.
Xavier Lee not playing...That I thought was the worst thing ever. Xavier is much more athletic..he would have made the game alot smoother...Hopefully he will get the call.

Posted by Apocalypse

Hmmm, the OL wasn't that great. Weatherford did good with all things considered. Frosh QB playing against a defense that is supposed to be all world(a team that has beat his 6 straight times). The running game was pretty good IMO. We should have ran the ball more. We had way too many drops, and the DL was all over Weatherford. He only got sacked once, but he was hurried every single pass he threw. We had 9 sacks BTW...I'm not sure sure Wright is as good as advertised. The TE, Olsen. saved him. FSU backed off that last drive too. If FSU sticked to the game plan, Wright has about 60-70 less passing yards. Olsen looked incredible. Wright is a lucky QB to have him as his TE. All and all, I am happy. FSU is young, and will grow. This season is just a warm-up for the great seasons we are going to have after this season. We are so young it's crazy...

Posted by Random

I was very disappointed. FSU Won 10-7. I hate FSU really I do. Maybe thats because i'm a PSU Fan and I want Paterno to beat Bowden. What always failed FSU, failed Miami in the end. Tsk Tsk oh well..