Favorite Hunter

Posted by Zeta

Nintendo has rencently unveiled the last 3 hunters that will be in Metroid Prime Hunters. This thread is basically just to say which one of the six are your favorite. You can check their pics and bios at the [url=metroidhunters.com]Official Website[/url].

My fave is Weavel, pretty much just because he is a Space Pirate, he has an intersting past, and he probably sports on helluva grudge against Samus. There's also a rumor going around that the dead body in Super Metroid is his (You know, that dead body in the room before Kraid.).

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Sylux, without a doubt. He seems like a complete badass, and does the Predator victory roar. Can't go wrong.

In second place, I'd have to say Noxus. And closely followed by Weavel.

Posted by ExoXile

Trace... lol, no reson.

(Vamp, what's up with the SWEDEN!?:D )

Posted by GameMiestro

Samus is still my favorite, but I'll go with Spire, preticularly because he's supposed to be impossible to kill.

Posted by Linko_16

What's this? Other characters in a Metroid Game? r0x0r.

None of these guys sound as cool as Samus, but of these six, I like Noxus.

Posted by Seres Aran

What the deuce? Who are these people? They can't be important if I don't know who they are... and with those names, I know there's no way they're cooler than Samus. But then again, that's not saying much. Samus is much cooler than any video game character period.

Quoted post: Who are these people? They can't be important if I don't know who they are

They were created for the DS game. That's probably why you haven't heard of them...

Posted by Seres Aran

Oh! << I knew that... yeah, the DS (the handheld I don't have *sob*!!!). No fair... I have to miss the cool stuff...

Posted by GameMiestro

If you have no idea what we are talking about, just choose something...

Posted by Seres Aran

Quoting GameMiestro: If you have no idea what we are talking about, just choose something...

B-but... I dunno' who 'ta choose! All 'da names look weird...

Posted by crelda

then check out their bios on the link zeta gave

Stylux- Ithink he is the a sniper that i saw in a video of the game and i like snipers.

Posted by WILLETH FOR MONTHS

Spire. Simply because golems and trolls are awesome.

Oh, and I've a feeling that the sniper is a weapon emplacement rather than a weapon, simply by trying to figure out its controls.

Posted by Zeta

Actually, I'm going to change my vote. Lookwise I like Trace. He just looks awesome, IMO.

Backroundwise I still like Weavel, but he looks like Master Chief with a ponytail, kinda.

Posted by Jak Pattinson

sylox looks very cool.

Quoting Zeta: Weavel looks like Master Chief with a ponytail

Damn good point. I was wondering why he looked so familiar.

Posted by crelda

I have now seen evidence that spire (i think, The rock one) is the sniper but hopefully wings is right and it is a weapon instead because I despise lumps of rock made animate.

Posted by Zeta

You make Thardus sad. :'(

Anyways, the sniper is either Trace or Sylux. Spire's specialty weapon is the Mortar Beam, or whatever its called.

Posted by -Fierce_Deity_Link-

I like Spire and Samus. I'd love it if Thardus was in it. He is my favourite boss from Metroid Prime.

Posted by crelda

(sorta off topic)
Do you guys think there will be other hunters to unlock?
Nintendo would do bad to make another hunter if it is going to be better than the others!

I really doubt it. At most you'd be able to play as a Space Pirate, but even if you could his abilities wouldn't be much better than any of the others, and the game would still be fairly balanced.

Definitely not. What we've seen is probably exactly what we'll get... as far as Hunters go.

Posted by Zeta

Some kid at my school has a theory that the final boss is an Allimbic, and that it'll be unlocked when you beat the game. Highly unlikely.

And I think it's been confirmed that Trace is the sniper. Boy, am I in a rut. :(

Posted by crelda

Yea trace has a sniper as his decondary weapon.
Equivelant to Samus's missiles.

Quoted post: Yea trace has a sniper as his decondary weapon.
Equivelant to Samus's missiles.

He can also go invisible. Which already appears to be annoying. I mean, he has to remain completely still, but eh.

Posted by Zeta

That was a typo, I think. They meant invincible, while tackling with his Morph attack.

Quoted post: That was a typo, I think. They meant invincible, while tackling with his Morph attack.

Nope:
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v133/VampiroV.Empire/MPHManual1.jpg[/IMG]

Posted by Klarth

****it, as soon as the Lite is available in Europe, I am so getting this and raping you guys.

Posted by Zeta

OH SHI- They still have that Death Ball thing!? They better let you cancel out of that! I ****ing hated having to wait it out in Echoes.

Posted by GameMiestro

Double damage lasts really long now, so watch out for that. And my favorite hunter is still Spire, he has a very powerful subweapon and his morph ball equivilant is excellent. He can climb up walls, people!

Posted by crelda

At least you can see that your gettin Death ball now

Posted by Dog

after looking at my nintendo power and seeing a metroid poster and looking at all the hunters i think trace and sylux are the coolest. trace reminds me of an enemy on RE4.

Posted by gamerz

You forgot to add samus to da list.

Posted by GameMiestro

NOBODY LIKES SAMUS

jk

Posted by Zeta

Spire + Magmaul + Narrow hallway= Burn + Rape

:cool:

Posted by GameMiestro

I've been forced to realize recently that if the Dialanche wasn't so powerful, there wouldn't be much of an excuse to use Spire. The Magmaul is nice, but when against lv. 2 and lv.3 bots, you're gonna have a heck of a time even landing one shot (unless, of course, you're in a narrow hallway).

"Strafe side to side, while jumping up and down like a madman. Thats what heroes do."

Posted by Zeta

I managed to get a 84% Efficency in Alinos Gateway using only the Magmaul, against Lv. 2 bots. O_O

I haven't been able to do it again.

Posted by GameMiestro

I can get 100% efficiency. Just take one shot, and allow the bots to pummel you for the rest of the game.

Aren't I clever.

Posted by Zeta

Of course, if you miss your efficiency will be 0%. =P

I've gotten pretty **** good with the Magmaul in open areas.

Posted by GameMiestro

I've always thought that the Magmaul should be like a rocket launcher- highly innaccurate, but does terminal damage. At least they have the innaccuracy part down.

Posted by slicendicer

I like weavel,he pwns all!
I also like trace...he is second on the pwn-o-meter.

pwn-o-meter:Weavel:1 Trace:2 Noxus:3 Sylux:4 Spire:5 Kanden:6 Samus:7

I haven't found Trace yet, heh. I've seen him battling with Noxus but I was too busy interrupting the battle and beating Noxus to scan Trace. He's the only one I've got left to find, though. Sylux almost destroyed me, though... that electricity just blocked my view completely. :)

Posted by GameMiestro

[quote=slicendicer]I like weavel,he pwns all!
I also like trace...he is second on the pwn-o-meter.

pwn-o-meter:Weavel:1 Trace:2 Noxus:3 Sylux:4 Spire:5 Kanden:6 Samus:7

Thats the thing about Weavel and Trace. They are extemely effective against noobs, but against people that have any real experience, they're dead meat. The only thing Trace has going for him is his cloak, and all Weavel has is his alt form. They're both easily countered and completely ineffective against people who use alt forms well.

Posted by Tails

(Wow... I should really come back more often... and why isn't Samus on the poll?)

I am more found of Samus. She's well rounded and her Morph Ball is pretty good: Leave bombs behind while you use the boost ball to get away and confuse the enemy.

Samus is deffinetly the best choice if you wanna use the Bliztkrieg tactic.

Posted by GameMiestro

What is the Blitzkrieg tactic?

Trace's alt form is a bitch. It took me maybe three goes to beat that sucker in single-player. Although I had run out of UA after raping the second Slench at that point :)

But yeah, originally I thought how Samus' alt form would suck at first. But then I realised it makes it a lot more tactical.

Posted by Tails

Quoting GameMiestro: What is the Blitzkrieg tactic?

It's what the German's used in World War II. What they did is they would rush in and destroy everything, leaving anyone in their path dead.

So, in Metroid Terms; rush in, boost ball all over the place (and ramming), and laying bombs all over, then running off before the opponent even knows what hits them. It's a very useful tactic that hasn't failed me in Data Shrine. (This tactic is best used in large, yet crammed in places.)

The only thing is that, with people wise to that technique, the bombs have a delay on them. It's easy to evade if you follow the path of the bombs, rather than avoid them.

Posted by Tails

And that's why you lure them into those little areas where the energey ball lies: That's when you've got them cornered.

And bombs exploded automaticly if you're close enough to the opponent: Useful for avoiding any damage.

Ah, I forgot about them exploding immediately, despite the fact that I use it all the time in single-player. I don't have WiFi access here, you see.

Posted by Tails

Although, this is a poor thing to use if you're in a very wide, open area or a place where you could fall off the edge.

I'm trying to come up with a new tactic where I'll take advantage of such areas.

Posted by Samusfreak

Well my favorite Hunter is Samus, because I only played Samus before and the Techniques from Samus are perfect. I mean Spire is good too because he can roll up walls and attack good and Trace is good too because he can be invisible and he is fast.

Posted by Phantom75230

i like sylux b/c he can do instant kills with the lockjaw's tri-bomb (If you know how to use it right) and he can sap health and restore his when using the shock coil.

Trace is really easy to kill with the tri bombs when he's in alt form.

Posted by psymoub09

Cool video, Ill bet there a bunch of those from different parts of the US. Wouldnt it be cool if thats all we had in this forum, just ride videos like that. Lets see how many we can get