Werewolf: The Last Warrior..

Posted by Tyler Durden

I bought this game for $2 out of chance. Not knowing how it handled or how awesome it would be...

"Magneto, what are you doing outside of the X-men realm?!"

"Take that, you over dressed moron from the Nth dimension."

"One nation, under Furries.. and werewolf justice (and human-chow) for all."

Need I say more about how much this game kicks arse..?
1) He's a werewolf. Score!
2) Blades shoot out of his wrists. Blades that would make Barraka crap himself. 2Pts.
3) He gets to do-in the biggest (rip-off) X-villain ever! 2X total..
4) He makes Michael Jackson's Thriller look like a fairey tale. = Awesome.

Posted by bazariah

i bought this game myself with about 30 other carts some time back, been meaning to spend some time with it but alas like most things i aint had the chance

Posted by ZEN

Quoting Sadistic Grin:

The "cheesiest gaming screenshot" award has a new nominee.

'Werewolf' is your slightly better than average typical side-scrolling platformer.
What sets it apart from the rest is just how agile the werewolf actually is.

He can jump really high, flip, climb vertically, hand-walk across ceilings, crawl through tight spaces, AND (my favorite) the invincible backward cartwheeling dodge maneuver!

You also get to fight bosses with highly original names like "monster" and "fire man" and "giant head".

Biggest problem is the reverse button combination. I spent way too many years jumping with the "A" button and attacking with the "B" button - Reversing is BAD.

Posted by sentry

i had tis game years ago when i was a kid and it was one of the first games i bought when i got bak into nes.I thought it was a great game.

Posted by Roth

Old thread, but oh well.

Werewolf: The Last Warrior was HIGHLY overlooked. I haven't studied any time frames or anything, but I'm willing to bet it came out at a bad time. I'm thinking it was a pretty late release on the NES, but I'm not 100% positive.

The controls were dynamic, and added an element of play that was very rare in the 8-bit days. Read ZEN's post above for specifics.

The characters in the game (which are the bosses) aren't developed any, but they are "comic-book-esque." It's a very playable and fun game. If you haven't checked it out yet, go grab a ROM or better yet, buy the cart. Nice platform game.

Posted by Dexter

I just recently added this game to my collection. I have not given it much time, but from what I have done with it, I can see it is rather difficult to play. I remember being annoyed at some of the aspects, although I don't recall precisely what they were. Maybe I should just shut up and play through it more first. The cartridge art was amusing.

Posted by ZEN

I can't beat stage 4 on 'Werewolf' (the waterfall). Those fishlike beings jump out of the water and knock me off the platforms while the werewolf is in mid-jump. It's not fun.
It is this kind of cheap difficulty that really tells a lot about how much the programmers of the game really want you to HATE them.

The rest of game before all that is great though.

Posted by Corrupt

After reading the comments posted on this thread, I've decided that I'd like to try this game out sometime. I probably won't be able to get my hands on the cartridge, but I'll see what I can do. I've been wanting to buy an original NES, Sega Genesis, and SNES and play them again for quite some time now.

Posted by VirtualLife

I am waiting for this game to come to my house... Order it yesterday with some other stuff from a store here in sweden..