Luna...

Posted by PaintItBlack

Something sinister seems to have happened to the forums, and most importantly our battle. I was starting to get really into that. The only attack I saved on my hard drive was my last reply, which I beleive was the last post before it got deleted. If you've got any of the battle saved, or if you can remember the beginning and want to roll from my saved attack, or if you want to restart, I'm game. Tell me what you want to do.

Posted by S

!@$@%#@^@#$%#@

EDIT: *** ****it! That was some of my best writing to date, I can't believe I procrastinated saving it. >< For the love of all that is holy...

Um... as it stands, I'll just post off of what I remember. Just to refresh, several blows to the body followed by a devastating attack focused on the chest, a few completely severed ribs, possibly piercing inner tissue, right?

This is too disheartening for me to post tonight. I'll have to do it tomorrow when I'm a little more collected, I've already got an attack in mind but I don't think I could push out a good post in the mood I'm in.

Posted by S

The post I came up with was too powerful... and the only way to tone it down would skew its content. So I'll save it and doctor it for later. Sorry to have not posted these past 4 days, I swear I'll post by tomorrow and keep up a good pace.

Posted by PaintItBlack

I did the same thing on my last post. I realized half way through and toned it down. I'm so eager to continue this.

Posted by S

Good, me too. Best battle I've had in a long time. Last one I had that was close to this was my fight with DK when I was still a noob.

Posted by S

Finished.

Posted by S

[quote]The sight was macabre, crude, and ironic. A dark shrouded man, bearing a resemblance to the specter of death, bound and confined across a bloody cross and being assaulted by the scythe it would seem he should have been wielding. The situation in depth was complex, naught was the relevance of his blood in this sacrificial manner. He was no messiah, his death would serve no purpose; but perhaps his life would avail some greater good, or evil: a knowledge and experience that the world must learn and undergo, at least for this young female warrior. His resolution was stout, and his composure even in such unenviable circumstance unparalleled. No one would take his soul in such a way- not unless it was a fair exchange.

Inferno

The scarred man focused, his eyes blazed with a tangible fire, the ardor of the man physically permeating his flesh and muscles, the bands of barb tightening ever more and the spikes digging deep into his flesh and bone. Color flashed in his pale cheeks, the color exhumed from his spirit, displacing the torpid pallor with a lively fervor and soulful power. He was a dark man, no doubt, but his might bled into the light, taken by and extracted from, and he was inseparably linked to luminosity and flame as much as umbrage and shadow. It was from this, a well of energy of immeasurable magnitude that the man could conjure up his own life and the power to take lives, and importantly the faculty to save his life at the opportune moment. Now was certainly an opportune moment, and Serra watched, though she saw not the initial advance but only the wake of his retort and clouded, charred glimpses enfolded in bloody confusion as she lay on her back in agony.

Certainly not in the image of the biblical figure, so modest and forgiving to die for his followers, pinned to the crucifix, precarious, the black assailant struck back in a furious wave of revenge. Vengeance was characteristic of anger, a deadly sin, and was warranted against Serra in ironic means, the man silently thought. This was quite the predicament, an assault of holy defiance and hellish wrath. It would have to carry the weight of such heavy attachments. This all, such is the brilliance and superiority of the human psyche, happened in moments, between the apparition of a scythe careening towards the encloaked man's neck and the second his visage deviated from frightened to empowered. A second was eternity, this man had that long to protect his life, and a man who has lived an eternity knows how not to lose his life.

Truly... great. I love your way with words. I'm a little more systematic and mechanical... I strive to incorporate a more meaningful way of conveying myself into my writing.

I'll have a post up by Saturday at latest.

Posted by PaintItBlack

Thank you. It's only when challenged by other great writers I can truly seem to write as I wish. I hope we can push ourselves past our limits and both improve as vastly as this battle is epic.

Posted by S

I know the feeling very well. I actually began to believe at one point that I was able to call it on will but really it was just me getting a little better a showing in the small battles I had with some of the newer people here. It's been that long since.

Posted by PaintItBlack

For future reference, since I've got ideas flowing through my mind for this battle...I was wondering if maybe you had an old profile for your Blaze character. Simply out of curiosity. ;)

Posted by S

First page of the sim battle thread, if that's not enough, give me an open ended question and I'll answer the best I can.

Posted by PaintItBlack

I'm going to let you know it'll be at least monday by the time I reply. I'm going to Buffalo this weekend and therefor will not have computer access. I have absolutely no free time until then, either, so I regret the delay. It'll be up as soon as possible, I promise. I **** sure won't abandon this battle.

Posted by S

Good to know. I can wait. Thanks for the heads.

Posted by S

I really hate to ruin your post there, Ace... but Serra no longer has any control what-so-ever. A psychological attack can't phase her because she is basically a puppet who's constricted wholly by the dark entity. She's sleeping. You can harm her body but she won't feel it. Neither will the entity. So focus on the thing if I were you. Also, key note... you can destroy her corporeal existence and It will still exist, but not for a long time. It'll eventually recreate her body and fall into an unconcious state.

Posted by PaintItBlack

****. That was pretty much the entirety of my battle plans. Oh well, keep the post but disregard all the mental incapacitation stuff. I've got little to RP off of now.

Posted by S

Are you sure? That attack didn't even damage my character almost, a few shards in the brain that mentally incapacitates the host until It regens it, after the fight of course. Serra won't come back, it merely ensures the creature's existense for the fight.

Posted by PaintItBlack

I don't know. I hate to waste that writing. I could try to have something new up in a day or two, but I'm pretty busy this week and I think that would only delay the progress of this battle. But quality is preferred, and I will write a new reply if given time.

Posted by S

Well, it's totally up to you. I'll wait if you want to rewrite. If not, I'll just reply.

Posted by S

Ace?

Posted by PaintItBlack

Yeah, I've been searching for some time to rewrite that post. I've been kept pretty busy the past week. My apologies. I may be able to write something this afternoon.

Posted by S

Ok, just didn't get a response.^^ Didn't know if you were waiting for me or what.

Posted by S

I really hate to bug but...

*bumpo*

Posted by S

Understood.

Posted by S

Are you done? >_> I don't like reading until it's finished.

Posted by PaintItBlack

Nope. Sorry, the only days I have available to do anything anymore is Sunday, and usually Tuesday too. I'll finish one of those days this week. I feel terrible about making you wait.

Posted by S

No big deal, aslong as it doesn't die, I am content.

Posted by S

Bumpo

Posted by PaintItBlack

Whew. Sorry it took so long.

Posted by S

Love it, now it's my turn. Let's see what I can come up with... this is the second time I've actually kept a battle going this long so her transformed techniques aren't developed much at all.

Posted by S

OoC: Sorry for the delay Ace but the delay really got me out of my simming groove. I'll try and speed it up and to keep a good pace after this.

Posted by PaintItBlack

It's cool. I would actually like to see you take a long time. That way I don't feel so bad about taking so long.

Posted by S

Finals week... I'll get to it once this is done.

Posted by PaintItBlack

Good to hear. I couldn't have replied if you had replied any earlier, I'm in the middle of writing a 10 page research paper.

Posted by S

Fun.

3 essays due Thursday. ^_^)b

Posted by S

Bump.

/grin

Posted by Jesse Smith

Bump.

/grin