Network going offline....

Posted by Proto Man

I just got a network set up, and it has been running fine for the last couple days, but then my mom turned on the router security settings. We have all the computers in the router's safe list, and everything seems to work fine, but since we turned the security on, we have been kicked off twice. The only way to get back on is by reseting the router.

This is a wireless network, with a Linksys router. Both mine, and my mom's laptop are wireless, but our print server is wired. Any thoughts on why we get kicked off like that?

These security settings are for the Linksys Router to keep other people from accessing our network wirelessly without us adding their MAC address. We have to add the MAC addresses for people to access the network wirelessly. My mom's laptop (wireless) is Win XP Pro SP2, while my laptop (wireless) is Win XP Home SP2. The Print server (wired) is Windows Server 2003 SP1.

Anyhow, when it kicks us off the network, it kicks ALL computers off, including the print server, untill I reset it. It is driving my mom crazy, as she has no patience for networks. :(