X-Men III

Posted by Mystic Hero

Yes, the popular X-Men movie series is finally coming out with next sequal. This next movie is said to be released sometime next May. From what I have head this movie sounds like it is going ot be the best out of all three. More characters will be introduced such as Beast and we will get to see Collosus play a bigger part in the movie than he did in the last one. Rumor has it we may get to see some Sentinals in there as wellas a few more additons to the X-Men team like Gambit and few more characters from The Brother Hood. The whole plot still deals wiht the human and mutant conflict from what I have read in some articles. Some more additions may be the sentinals. Whatever the case is, the new instolments of more X-Men and the new sentinal robots sound exciting enough to draw me to go see the film on the release date.

Posted by Sean Fury

It's actually July, and here are a few sites with good information, confirmed cast, etc.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0376994/
http://www.comics2film.com/ProjectFrame.php?f_id=299
http://movies.yahoo.com/shop?d=hp&cf=prev&id=1808490829
http://www.efavata.com/CBM/Xmen3.htm
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/news/x-men-3.asp

Talk is it will circle around the Phoenix saga, which in my opinion is one of the best parts of the entire X-Men series (Phoenix being my favorite female character). Mr. Jean Luc Picard (Or Patrick Stewart) has confirmed that there is an UBER part of the movie that they filmed early on, and this part is so secretive that few of the entire crew known about it, and it's not even in the script. So, something big will be going down in this movie.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Should be interesting to see how it deals with the Phoenix. Not only is it a long storyline, but so much happens, and so many new characters are introduced, that it would have to split up into multiple movies just so they could fit everything in. Assuming they didn't skip over many parts, or try and create a new storyline.

Either way, it could easily suck. Which is a big problem.

Looking forward to it anyways.

Posted by Sean Fury

Quoting Vampiro: Should be interesting to see how it deals with the Phoenix. Not only is it a long storyline, but so much happens, and so many new characters are introduced, that it would have to split up into multiple movies just so they could fit everything in. Assuming they didn't skip over many parts, or try and create a new storyline.

Either way, it could easily suck. Which is a big problem.

Looking forward to it anyways.

Spiderman.

I'm also looking forward to it, even if it does suck, it would be worth it to see Phoenix. Which was heavily refrenced to at the end of X2, for those who didn't notice.

Quoted post: I'm also looking forward to it, even if it does suck, it would be worth it to see Phoenix. Which was heavily refrenced to at the end of X2, for those who didn't notice.

It was "heavily" referenced at all. Since it actually showed the phoenix-force (whether it was a reflection or not). Other then that though, I don't recall any other mention of it.

Posted by Sean Fury

Quoting Vampiro: It was "heavily" referenced at all. Since it actually showed the phoenix-force (whether it was a reflection or not). Other then that though, I don't recall any other mention of it.

I meant any avid X-Men fan, or Phoenix fan for that matter, would of been able to recognize that. I didn't mean heavily as in multiple scenes, I meant heavily as in, the one scene 'said' a lot.

Choose your words more carefully next time.

Posted by Crazy K

Ill probably end up renting it once it comes out on DVD, and VHS. But I have no plans to go to a Theator and watch it. I like the first but I did not like the second for some reason.

Posted by Big Boss

Being a huge X-nut, I'm looking forward to X3... but with a few reservations. The most glaring would be the absence of Bryan Singer, director of the best comic book-to-film adaptation, X2: X-Men United. Regardless of who's the new guy occupying the director's chair (Brett Ratner), I'm dreading the possibility of the X-Men being misrepresented.

Then, of course, is Halle Berry, who apparently was opposed to doing X3 unless she was given a more prominent role in the film. I'm not looking forward to Storm, a character I've never been that interested in, to take a significant role akin to Wolverine. The X-Men stories are about the whole team(s), not a select few.

However, there are a few positives. Kelsey Grammer (Frasier) playing The Beast is the best casting done in the series thus far. The role fits him perfectly, and you'll agree if you've seen his hilarious (and unfortunately finished) comedy series on NBC, or his role on Cheers. I'm interested in seeing which route they'll take in representing the look of the character. As followers of the comics know, the concept of "second mutation" took a significant role in the New X-Men, and in the case of The Beast his body suffered significant changes that make him look more, well... bestial. I assume they'll take away the animal-looking face in order to give Kelsey more breathing room to perform.

Lastly, with the film most likely being centered on the Phoenix saga, it's a no-brainer that James Marsden (Cyclops) should play a bigger role in the next film. I'm hoping they don't go for a stupid angle where Jean falls for Logan simply because Cyclops isn't the "main character" of the movies. It's also understandable that they won't be faithful to the original Phoenix saga, as that would involve the inclusion of the Shi'ar Empire, and trying to include such a key, and far-fetched, portion of the Marvel Universe in a two-hour live action film will only make the plot look ridiculous. I'm expecting them to lean towards the end of New X-Men, with a few tweaks here and there. That would mean a very sad ending for all X-Men.

Quoted post: I'm expecting them to lean towards the end of New X-Men, with a few tweaks here and there. That would mean a very sad ending for all X-Men.

That wouldn't be the one where (Possible spoilers) Jean kills herself in hopes of vanquishing the Dark Phoenix for good, would it? Though it isn't THAT sad, seeing as how she doesn't actually die.
Or maybe I've mixed them up, since I believe that storyline involves the Avengers and Fantastic Four.

Anywho, I pretty much have to agree with all your points. The new director is quite worrisome, as it could easily stray from the original two, tossing out everything that made those two good. However, I gotta have faith in this guy. I don't think he would try anything TOO daring.

As for Halle Berry, I truly dislike her, even more so now that she demands more airtime than the rest. Storm, though being a main character, was never as forward as some of the rest. So there's really no need for her to be in the forefront of the X-men. Not to mention she's a horribly boring character.

Quoted post: I'm interested in seeing which route they'll take in representing the look of the character. As followers of the comics know, the concept of "second mutation" took a significant role in the New X-Men, and in the case of The Beast his body suffered significant changes that make him look more, well... bestial.

Thought you might be interested in this, maybe you haven't read it yet:

Quoting http://www.superherohype.com/news/x-mennews.php?id=3425: I am a student at Royal Roads University and thoroughly enjoyed watching the filming. Security was tight but polite with students and let us watch as long as we were quiet, stayed where they asked us and did not have a camera.

I ran into Patrick Stewart twice and he was very gracious. He took time to talk to several children who asked him if he was having fun. He replied that he was having a great time getting to play a super hero.

I also had the luck of literally walking into Kelsey Grammer with his Beast head on, T-Shirt and shorts...I was going up the driveway to my car and he was coming down to the castle...The Beast is awwwwwesome!...I didn't recognize him because I was so astonished with the face...I told him he was "looking good" and then recognized his voice when he said thanks. The face is jet black and huge and builds up on his squarish features. Just at the side the skin turns a deep blue with a solid line running down the side so his ears are blue and his neck and shoulders. The hair is a different blue and looks like he put his finger in an electric socket. No one will be disappointed !

Following Kelsey was Hugh Jackman in costume as Wolverine...honest...talk about luck!...he grinned back at me when I asked if I could shake his hand he said sure and came over...shook my hand...then he looks back at me over his shoulder as I am still standing there with this astonished look on my face and, still grinning, he says "there...that was easy, wasn't it?"...now that man is gorgeous!

I am a die hard Star Trek fan so my favorite memory is going to be Patrick Stewart in the middle of the lawn with only a few of us standing around and not bothering him as he talked to someone on the phone for about 10 minutes. Jean Luc is alive and well...or, as I said to the Security guard..."it's a miracle...the professor...he's walking!"

Posted by Sean Fury

I have just two more things to add that relate to X-Men here. Halle Berry is only going to be playing Storm because she was supposedly 'promised' a solo Storm movie, because she's a prissy *****. On the other hand, Hugh Jackman is going to be busy doing a solo Wolverine movie which no-one should miss.

Posted by Big Boss

[QUOTE=Vampiro]That wouldn't be the one where (Possible spoilers) Jean kills herself in hopes of vanquishing the Dark Phoenix for good, would it? Though it isn't THAT sad, seeing as how she doesn't actually die.
Or maybe I've mixed them up, since I believe that storyline involves the Avengers and Fantastic Four.

Nope, it's not that one. In this one, the consequences remain fatal.

Quoted post: Nope, it's not that one. In this one, the consequences remain fatal.

Ok, just to make sure I kow what you're talking about then, (possible spoilers) is it the ending where Jean and Logan are about to fly into the sun (while on an asteroid), knowing that they have no hope to surivive, Logan stabs Jean and they both disintegrate? I can't remember if that's the New X-men ending or not, the one you spoke of, as I've seemed to confuse all the various storylines. Hell, isn't there one where Jean comes back 100 years later and Beast has turned evil?

Quoted post:
On the other hand, Hugh Jackman is going to be busy doing a solo Wolverine movie which no-one should miss.

Based on Origin, I assume?

Posted by Sean Fury

Quoting Vampiro: Based on Origin, I assume?

From what I've gathered from various movie sites, though I haven't seen anything from Hugh Jackman's mouth about it, the movie is supposed to be following Wolverine after he learns about his past from Xavier. But didn't they already do a little bit of that in X2?

Posted by Shin_Akuma

Wouldnt it be sweet if we got to see Omega Red in this movie? And Sinister...that would kick ***.

Posted by Mystic Hero

Quoting Shin_Akuma: Wouldnt it be sweet if we got to see Omega Red in this movie? And Sinister...that would kick ***.

It would be cool, but they are already adding tons more X-Men to the team that I think are pretty cool too such as Angel, one of the very first X-Men. And I think it would be interesitng to see what part the Juggernaut plays in all of this.

Posted by Aioros

Quoting Mystic Hero: And I think it would be interesitng to see what part the Juggernaut plays in all of this.

[COLOR=Yellow]bad guy.[/COLOR]

Posted by Mystic Hero

Quoting Aioros: [COLOR=Yellow]bad guy.[/COLOR]

Well duh, but what is his role as the bad guy to be more precise.

Posted by Sean Fury

Quoting Mystic Hero: Well duh, but what is his role as the bad guy to be more precise.

Hopefully a lot of interaction with Xavier, I mean, Hell, they could have a whole movie just on Xavier and Juggernaut. =/

Posted by Azusa

I'm not quite sure how I feel about it as of yet. I loved everything about the Pheonix Saga except for, well, The Pheonix, and I'm looking forward to seeing Kelsey Grammer play Beast. The only thing I've heard about the movie that actively annoys me is the addition of Emma Frost (White Queen) into the cast. Mystique was the flagrant boob appeal of the last movie, but at least she had character, and a solid mutant power. I've collected the Uncanny X-men series since I was little, and I sincerely hope for Marvel's sake that they start making better movies.

Posted by Fei-on Castor

Umm, have they even begun shooting this film?

Quoted post: Umm, have they even begun shooting this film?

If you bothered to read one of my posts, then you would know that they did. Unless Kelsey Grammer was walking around with a Beast head in the studio for no reason...

Posted by MetalVox~55

I will not see this because Gambit will not be in it :(

Posted by Aioros

Quoting Mystic Hero: Well duh, but what is his role as the bad guy to be more precise.

[COLOR=Yellow]to fight the X-Men.

Let me apologize in advance for my smart-as[COLOR=Yellow]s[/COLOR]ness. :D [/COLOR]

Posted by Sean Fury

You know what I'm sick of?

The first movie and the second movie both had a Kitty Pryde/Shadowcat. And I gurantee neither of them is going to be the one in the third movie =(

Posted by Mystic Hero

Quoting Sean Fury: You know what I'm sick of?

The first movie and the second movie both had a Kitty Pryde/Shadowcat. And I gurantee neither of them is going to be the one in the third movie =(

I remember her only being in the first one for about two minutes.

Posted by Sean Fury

Quoting Mystic Hero: I remember her only being in the first one for about two minutes.

She was in the first one when Logan walks in to talk to Xavier for the first time, and then in the second one, when Stryker has the institute attacked. She's near the end of it, and one guy sees her and she runs through a wall, and then through another, and then falls through the floor. And Xavier says to the president at the end of the movie, "Let's just say I know a little girl who can walk through walls."

Posted by El Capitan

Souds like it will be good. I wish Bishop was in it.=(

Posted by Big Boss

Quoting Azusa: I'm not quite sure how I feel about it as of yet. I loved everything about the Pheonix Saga except for, well, The Pheonix, and I'm looking forward to seeing Kelsey Grammer play Beast. The only thing I've heard about the movie that actively annoys me is the addition of Emma Frost (White Queen) into the cast. Mystique was the flagrant boob appeal of the last movie, but at least she had character, and a solid mutant power. I've collected the Uncanny X-men series since I was little, and I sincerely hope for Marvel's sake that they start making better movies.

If Emma plays the same role she did on New X-Men, then it'll be extremely interesting to see the chemistry between her, Scott and Jean.

Posted by Lord of Spam

I know that I'm going to hate it, but only becuase i absolutely HATE jean grey.

[quote]Sean Fury agrees: Because they tried to hard. In triologies, the second always is the worst. Always.

EMPIRE. STRIKES. BACK.

Posted by Sean Fury

Quoting Lord of Spam: I know that I'm going to hate it, but only becuase i absolutely HATE jean grey.

EMPIRE. STRIKES. BACK.

OH, I'm sorry, but I thought that was Star Wars [b]V[/B].

Posted by Lord of Spam

Yes, but its still the SECOND movie of the original trilogy. Nice try weasling out though.

Edit: Yes, but they are generally recgnized as being seperated into two trilogies. They may be a part of the same stories, but the differences between them (i.e. the old ones not sucking) combined with the large timespan between them would make it seem more like it was two trilogies.

Posted by Fei-on Castor

Quoting Vampiro: Unless Kelsey Grammer was walking around with a Beast head in the studio for no reason...

Which is entirely possible. We've all done it, at least once.

Posted by Lord of Spam

I do for sexual release:(

And yeah, i'm one of the fans that dont consider 1,2, and 3 to be in the same ctegory. part of hte same series, yes, but certainly nothing that could be compared to the original.

Posted by Shin_Akuma

This movie better have Gambit in it. Thats all im asking.

Posted by Pit

Gambit is in the movie. He's being played by Vin Diesel.

Posted by Shin_Akuma

Quoting Pit: Gambit is in the movie. He's being played by Vin Diesel.

...............................................................****

Posted by Zeta

I was kind of hoping Apocalypse would be the villian. I mean I knew the villain would be Dark Pheonix or something, but there was that tiny bit of hope. An Age of Apocalyse movie would be cool, what with Sugar Man and Holocaust & stuff.

[quote]Gambit is in the movie. He's being played by Vin Diesel.

WT-freaking-F?

Posted by Sting

Gambit is not being played by Vin Diesel, not only because that's a very false and untrue rumor, but also the fact that Vin Diesel is not built anything like Gambit and that he has no Cajun culture at all.

Originally, Gambit was going to play a minor role, much like how some of the mutants in previous movies were around, but didn't do anything (Shadowcat, Siryn). However, I guess they dropped him due to the fact that not only is he one of the most popular X-Men characters, but with his background story and interaction with the X-Men team, I believe it would kind of clash with the whole Phoenix area the movie is heading in. So, if Gambit appears in any X-Men movie, I'd be looking for him in X4 or X5 (assuming they do continue the series, which I gurantee they will).

Aslo, Alan Cumming will not be returning to the third film, which drops Nightcrawler from the cast list, and I thought he was a very well done character in the movie too.

Posted by Lord of Spam

Quoting Sting: Aslo, Alan Cumming will not be returning to the third film, which drops Nightcrawler from the cast list, and I thought he was a very well done character in the movie too.

HERESY

Nightcrawler must return>:0

Posted by Sting

Quoting Lord of Spam: HERESY

Nightcrawler must return>:0

I was upset as well, so I did some more research, and apparantly it has all been false! Alan Cumming was signed on for two X-Men movies, so he did X2 and in the interview I'm about to post, he says he's in X3 as well.

Quoted post: Alan Cumming surprised journalists when he answered the simple question of, "Are you disappointed Bryan Singer won't be directing X-Men 3?" with a resounding, "No." He would not give details about the feud, but made it clear he's looking forward to a new boss on the third film.

"I'm not disappointed, I can't deny it," Cumming said. "I think he's really talented. I'm very proud of the film. I think it's a great film. I didn't enjoy working with him on the film."

Cumming was also indifferent to suggesting a replacement director.

"My mom. I don't know. I mean, that's a really hard act to follow. It's quite a specific thing to direct a movie like that that's so huge and you have to really know your stuff about actual comic books and that's what Bryan was. He's a big comic geek so he was perfect in a way. And he's also visually very clever."

Regarding the much touted Joss Whedon rumors, Cumming speculated that they were false.

"I don't think he is though. I heard that too last year, but I don't know. I don't think that's happening. Maybe it is. It certainly seems to be that was around, but I don't know. I mean, I think he'd be great."

Cumming is definitely signed on, and he's just waiting for the script and director to fall in place so he'll at least know his schedule for the next year.

"I signed for two films so I'm going to. The last I heard is that we're starting on the 20th of June, but I don't think that's going to because they don't have a script or a director yet. But apparently they have to release it in May of 2006 for some reason, so it's going to be shot in the summer. But it's one of these things that I just want to know what I'm going to do because it affects your whole life. You can't do other things because you know that's quite a large lump of time. I'm going to do this show on Broadway which I've moved until January of next year just to make sure that I'm finished X-Men 3. Stuff like that."

Under the contract, even if he takes another film, it has to come second to his X-Men commitment.

"You're under this option. Every film you do, you have to tell them, just in case they're going to get it together really fast. You're under some option to them. It's quite weird."

He is dreading the Nightcrawler makeup again and hopes to circumvent it.

"I've actually got an idea that this fabulous crazy terrible thing happened to Nightcrawler. He's in some chemical accident and his face turns white. He dies, I don't know."

Cumming has no speculation on where the story would go, as he's not familiar with the comic books.

"I don't know the comic books and I haven't seen the scripts. I know I've got to go and do the movie though. I've signed to do two movies."

Posted by Mystic Hero

I heard they were replacing him with a different actor to play the role since his leave.

Posted by Shin_Akuma

"I've actually got an idea that this fabulous crazy terrible thing happened to Nightcrawler. He's in some chemical accident and his face turns white. He dies, I don't know."
Worst ****ing idea ever.

Posted by loony636

Quoting Sting: he says he's in X3 as well.

He lies! He's not signed on for X3. Look at the cast list:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0376994/fullcredits

He's not there, etc.

Posted by Shin_Akuma

Thought this was interesting. Heres a video of a guy that made a audition tape to play Gambit in X3, he seems like the perfect guy for the job. And the fact that he plays guitar makes him even more bad *** :P
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-5011123451807629464&q=guitar+solo

Posted by Shin_Akuma

bump.