full metal alchemist

Posted by Kiyoshi

this is the best anime ever!i watch it everytime i get the oppritunity.so far my fav episode(of the 2 i've watched)was #7.that was soo sad.i had trouble getting to sleep after that.I thought about how anyone no matter how desperate they were could use their own family for an experiment.Tucker was totally wako. :bowser:

Posted by Ronin

i think i've seen that one refresh my memory what was it called?

Posted by The Punisher

Its a show were a guy who sorta resembles Vash the stampede from Trigun runs around helping people by using a magical power called alchemy. It can transform obejects into other objects like gold. It's an ok show but i prefer Trigun.

Posted by El Capitan

I'd only seen one episode, its ok but different.

Posted by Velvet Nightmare

Quoting El Capitan: I'd only seen one episode, its ok but different.

The FUNimation dub is total crap. Its all about the subbed

Posted by Takuya Kanabara

Quoting Aida: this is the best anime ever!

I agree. Full Metal Alchemist is one of the best animes.

Posted by Shade

I love this show. I bought the entire series for $5 from a friend and I'm on episode 34. The plot certainly has twisted a lot, for sure.

By the way, episode 7's sadness doesn't even come close to episode 25.

Posted by Madame Flurrie

I love Hughes, he's such a typical new dad. :)

Posted by Death-By-Minnow

Yes it is very good, I love it too.

By the way, Alchemy isn't really magic, it's actualy an ancient science. Of course it didn't work but it was researched. It follows the belief that all substances are made of the smae things, you just have to change it's properties. When you think about it it's actualy possible, It's just that such massive amounts of energy are required for nucleus splitting & combining and all that... yeah sorry to go off on a tangent.

Posted by Zeta

This is a really great anime. Possibly the best d*mn thing I've seen in a long while.

EDIT: *#^&@! I had this pic of a bunch of people cosplaying Ed, Hughes, Mustang, Hawkeye, and Scar, but the darn thing wouldn't show up! >_<

Posted by gamerSam

he should keep the metal arm i think

Posted by Twilight Chick

I seen the episode tonight, my first one ever. You're right Aida. It's totally awesome!

Posted by Nevinyrral

I think its the best anime I have ever seen! My fav. character is Mustang(sp?). He just rocks out loud.

Posted by Dark Bulb 4.3

Mustang sucks, he killed Rockbells parents >:O Even if it was an order >:O

Mustang IS the flame alchemist right o_O

Posted by Trigun

Fullmetal Alchemist does indeed rule. I watch it when I'm not online, that is when it's on. I've watched it since it first debuted. I like it because it reminds me greatly of Trigun. We'll miss you Vash the Stampede. But back to Fullmetal Alchemist. There are some sad episodes and some really funny ones. Other ones just plainly suck.

Posted by Dark Bulb 4.3

The show itself really doesn't suck. I've already seen the whole thing, but I'll debate later if I should watch it again. I can't stand that whole brotherly bond and the overused jokes about him being short. Some characters are just plain retarded or seriously needed work on. The story though, the way it twists and turns till the end was really exciting and kept me watching, but the ending ****ed me off SO much. The story has a lot of sad moments, now that I think about it... wasn't mustang a dude that dies at a phonebooth around episode 25 or something... the one that was wild about how cute his daughter was o_O... the characters names don't actually ring bells because they didn't actually have interesting backgrounds.

Fact is I also saw it on cartoon network and I did expect much worst, but it was fairly alright. I have seen much worse dubs in my days, but that one is not THAT bad.

Posted by Death-By-Minnow

It's funny to see so many people who love the show... and then you.

By the way, i'm on the 'Love the show' side as well.

Posted by Dark Bulb 4.3

That was ALL the bad I could think about to say about it while on the other hand I can come up with 10 page essays on why DBZ is bad. I loved this show up till the end, but it's not perfect. This is one of the animes I had the least problems with, but a huge one with the ending. It sure won't be my favorite, but those problems don't stop the fact that I really did enjoy this show. 51 episodes is A LOT to rewatch, and on top of that, I don't want to run into that ending again. Of course... when a box set hits on DVD I'll probably get it.

Hell, one thing that was truly amazing that I did LOVE about this show was the use of the 7 sins as characters for the show. That truly did get me into watching it much faster.

Why is it funny to see one person out of so many not like a show as much as everyone else does?

Posted by Kiyoshi

i stick by what i said it is the best.i have something to add.scar is a menace!he blew up nina!he is totally out of line.thanks for agreeing with me Rika.it is awesome.

Quoting Shade: I love this show. I bought the entire series for $5 from a friend and I'm on episode 34. The plot certainly has twisted a lot, for sure.

By the way, episode 7's sadness doesn't even come close to episode 25.

Try the last 3 eps. You'll sh1t yourself in saddness.

Posted by Kiyoshi

velvet nightmare. haven't seen you for a while.how are you?

Posted by Euthanasia

Hmm well. I don't think there is a bad thing to say about this anime. It is in my top 5 absolutely *I have so many ties up there -.-*. The plot is amazing. Twisted...yes but it all makes a incredible ending when it comes all together. And it has a good moral...though it's maybe not the most obvious one.

Posted by Kiyoshi

Quoting Euthanasia: Hmm well. I don't think there is a bad thing to say about this anime. It is in my top 5 absolutely *I have so many ties up there -.-*. The plot is amazing. Twisted...yes but it all makes a incredible ending when it comes all together. And it has a good moral...though it's maybe not the most obvious one.

i agree on the moral thing and the plot s twisted.but thats what makes it awesome

Posted by Dragon Ryder

Yea i've got all 51 can you say what the F*** happen. There are so many twists in the end it's unbelievable. Was Envy Ed's brother? I didn't get what happen to him and why he became a homoculous. But without a dout the best character in the show is Armstrong.

Patatoe + tomato = Pamatoe?

Posted by Kiyoshi

tucker lives! he is now a chamera(spelling?)now he is trying to make a new Nina.its his fault she died in the first place he makes a really creepy chamera.but at least Ed will be able to try to get al his body back.but man that episode was more disturbing the the 7 one.

Posted by Dragon Ryder

Look tucker has lost it even after he acomplishes making a new "Nina". Its like she has no sole the man is in dout and has no moral sence at all. ut if I had to give him any credit i will piont out that he is trying to fix the mistake.

Posted by Arczu

I'm interested. I just don't know if I will ever be able to see it. I mean, unless I bittorrent it, I really don't think I'm going to find any DVD's out where I am. If I ever get A) A new harddrive or B) A New computer, then I can cram it with whatever I want. It's gotta be good.

Quoting Dark Bulb 4.1: Mustang sucks, he killed Rockbells parents >:O Even if it was an order >:O

Yeah, but at least Marco didnt :-/

Posted by Dragon Ryder

it's true that marco didn't kill but look what ahppen to him later. He was running away from everyone scared someone might rat him out or just get caught. in addition if mustang didn't kill anyone how was he going to get a promotion :) j/k

Posted by Average n00b

This anime rox my sox. I cried when that dude died, he was the only one that made me laugh and he was my fave character! Ah well, back to the short guy. ((Ed))

Posted by NightmareBassX

Best anime i've seen. Dark bulb 4.1, stop with spoilers, at leats put a warning around post. Well I like how in the episodes, something really good happens and then it gets blasted down by tradegy, most animes arnt like that, everything always comes out good in some animes. I just got passed episode 25, Words of farewell. That episode is alot worse then episode 7, Scar didnt kill Nina, Tucker did. He merged her with the dog and destroyed her humanity, Scar actually did the good thing.

Quoted post: ts a show were a guy who sorta resembles Vash the stampede from Trigun runs around helping people by using a magical power called alchemy. It can transform obejects into other objects like gold. It's an ok show but i prefer Trigun.

First of all, Edward Elric doesnt resemble Vash at all, he just has blonde hair. And you got a really bad look at the show too, I dont think you really watched much of it if your gonna give an explanation like that.

Quoting NightmareBassX:
First of all, Edward Elric doesnt resemble Vash at all, he just has blonde hair. And you got a really bad look at the show too, I dont think you really watched much of it if your gonna give an explanation like that.

I'm suprised you could even read what he wrote, I barley could.

Posted by NightmareBassX

Apparently I have magical powers! Well tis what I said is true.

Posted by nich

I really like this show its one of the only ones i actually got hooked on. The mix of humour and tradgedy (this anime is depressing!) is really well done.

Posted by Poison

Quoting Dragon Ryder: Was Envy Ed's brother? I didn't get what happen to him and why he became a homoculous.

I knew I had to post on the anime section sometime

Quoting nich: I really like this show its one of the only ones i actually got hooked on. The mix of humour and tradgedy (this anime is depressing!) is really well done.

The sub actually was not that funny. FUNimation mangaed to change the whole mood around so that it would benefit the show a lot better, imo.

Posted by William

[quote=Arczu]I'm interested. I just don't know if I will ever be able to see it. I mean, unless I bittorrent it, I really don't think I'm going to find any DVD's out where I am. If I ever get A) A new harddrive or B) A New computer, then I can cram it with whatever I want. It's gotta be good.

It comes on Cartoon Network, so if you have cable or satellite...there you go.

I just started watching it since the series started back from the beginning on Cartoon Network, and I've only seen 2 episodes so far (although the 3rd one comes on around 1am)...and I have to say that it's one of the only animes I've seen so far that has captivated me into watching every episode. It's really good, and I enjoy the plot, as well as the characters.

Posted by Dragon Ryder

well if you miss an episode for the most part your going to miss out on part of the story. I guess you have no choise but watch it. Except the one about the flame alchemist. It's one of the best ones. it has nothing to do with the story. its just about mustang and his friends.

Posted by Kiyoshi

i think mustang is full of himself and over-confidant...which makes him so funny.but my fav character is by far ed.he has so much going on and he hardly ever seems to get a break.and also im 14 and look 12 so im totally with ed on the short thing.

Posted by Dragon Ryder

Well mustang is not my favorite either ( armstrong is along with his sister ). I just like that episode becuase they try to find one of mustangs friends a girl.

Posted by Edoc'sil

I love the show! It isn't my favorite but it comes close. My favorite character is Alphonse. It's sad how he doubted Ed for a while there. But really sad when Ed asked Al if he hated him for making him lose his body. It's tragic yet cool at the same time.

Posted by QUAKE126

never missed an episode and dont plan on it

Posted by The Judge

I watched it for a few weeks, but stopped.

Quoting The Judge: I watched it for a few weeks, but stopped.

What a long, fun tale that was.

....I stopped as well. hah.

Posted by veritas

Man I just saw it last night. Now I'm addicted to it. I love it!

Posted by Special Agent Bob

I know a kid who is trying to learn alchemy because he saw the show, infact he's on this website too.

Posted by Zabuza

A kid that is trying to learn alchemy... do you mean that fullmetal kid who pops up every now and then. He actually whants to learn alchemy! I don't blame him, I too would like to control the reactions of different elements and their control, but thinking he is Ed is plane creepy. Any way I've seen episode 1 through 30.

Posted by Zabuza

Any way so far I've seen every episode from 1 to 30.

Posted by Zabuza

Quoting Dark Bulb 4.3: Mustang sucks, he killed Rockbells parents >:O Even if it was an order >:O

Mustang is the crimson alchemist.

Posted by NightmareBassX

Quoting Zabuza: Mustang is the crimson alchemist.

No, He isn't. The Crimson alchemist was locked up in Lab 5. I forgot Mustangs military name...

Posted by He_who_watches

that is the flame alchemist, cause thatnx to his gloves he can create a spark and then use alchemy to mess with the surrounding air to turn that spark into pure flame. If i am wrong on the name, i know its something like that soooo. bye bye

Posted by Trinity

He is indeed the flame alchemist. And Al later becomes the Coper alchemist for those who wonder.

Posted by RedLeprechaun90

I love this anime! I watch it with every chance I get! I have the two current mangas that are out too!

Posted by Fly

It's going to come back, on september.

it never left
it comes on adult swim mon-wed at 12:00 Central time

Posted by Fly

New Episodes, will come up.

oooooo i wish it would come on sooner though, because of school and everything

Posted by Fly

September, 17 2005- New Episodes.

Posted by FullMetal

Hay this is my favorite show, its so awsome I'm even practicing alchemy see.
If you want more proff or you want me to show you then send a private message.

Hay this is the kid I was talking about.

Posted by punk_goth_churn

isn't thus the final season?

Posted by Cmex28

Quoting The Judge: I watched it for a few weeks, but stopped.

same here, i did as soon as the new season aired.

Posted by The Judge

Winey is hot.

Posted by Trinity

Winry.

Posted by Trinity

I like Ed myself. Shame Hughes had to die. Wasn't it it Lust that killed him. Or was it Envy. Well anyway, see you.

Posted by darkwhispers

i find this show very interesting yet it can seem to ward off viewers with its sciencey topics and explanations

Posted by darkwhispers

:confused: :skull2: it's interesting yet somewhat scienseish

Posted by Ant

That's what makes it speical..............

Posted by Blaze

HAH! That is funny, it's from the manga right? I havent read it buy I watch the show, I saw a few eps in Japanese and they were good except for Al's voice, he sounds like a little girl. :chainsaw:

Posted by Average n00b

Quoting Zabuza: Mustang is the crimson alchemist.

No, Mustang is the flame alchemist, Kimbly is the crimson alchemist.

Anyway, awsome show, it's one of my top five best anime shows. I personaly think that Ed and Envy is the best, I hate the english voices though, they're so annoying, I personaly like the Japanese voices better. Maes Hughes used to be the best..That is, until Episode 25..The first episode didn't get me interested, I think it was Episode 4 and 5 that got me hooked..Next thing I know, I've got the DVD's of all the episode, a pocketwatch, CD, shirts, and all of that.

Posted by Colonel Mustang

I started watching Full Metal Alchemist at the beginning of this past summer, and its the best anime I've seen ever I think. I am only watching it on adult swim so I've only seen up to ep.40.

Posted by Noir

I dont know....Edward looks a little too much like Link (from Legend of Zelda) to me. It drives me crazy.

Posted by El Gigante

yah.... but edward is hotter.

Posted by Noir

Quoting El Gigante: yah.... but edward is hotter.

Haha...Sure. In the same world that pigs fly and midgets randomly hit you with giant baguettes, maybe.

Posted by Blaze

So about when are they going to show the last episode on Adult Swim, I heard its coming up.

Posted by mis0

FMA has certainly recieved an assload of hype, merchandising, etc, in an alarmingly short time frame, considering it's not really that good. It's already at Hot Topic, even.

I read the manga, and watched the show. I'd say it's average at best. Nothing particularly special about it at all, and the manga make the main character (orange/blonde hair guy; can't remember) more pretentious than he was on TV.

Posted by Kiyoshi

I just bought the second dvd. Its totally awesome! It has my top two favorite episodes! So yeah. How ya doin'?

Posted by Zabuza

I heard of a last episode coming up Blaze. It was in February, some time in February. I saw a preview of it. Poor Ed.:(

Noooooooooooooooooooooo... why should the episodes end!

Posted by gamerSam

Only you can save FMA Specail agent Bob and Steve.
Scar dies in a honorable way.

Posted by LinkTetra

Definitely my favorite anime! I've seen every episode so far, and I have my DVR record them. Can't wait for tonight's episode. :D

<3 Ed

Posted by Fragliche

Full Metal Alchemist isn't that great, in my opinion. The idea hasn't been done as much as so many other Anime's, but it still isn't good enough for me to really enjoy it. I've watched it in both Japanese and English, and I perfer (no proper spelling of this word for me) Japanese unlike several people, over the English version. I just can't really get into it because of how easy it is to tell what is going to happen. =\

Then again, I'm not much of an Anime person anyway. d=

Posted by Xenos

... a lot of people like Japanese version of almost any anime. In fact, I don't recall many anime in which the majority perfer the English voice-overs/translations.

Posted by mis0

I prefer English dubs because I fluently speak it, and because that way I can watch, not try to read the annoyingly small yellow tect from across the room.

Posted by Kamek

I just finished watching episode 51 today. This is definitely one of my favorite series. I haven't seen the English version, save a few tiems on CN, but it didn't seem to be that bad of a dub. I'm currently getting the movie (almost done obtaining it) and I'll post my thoughts on it later.

Posted by lanzer

since ive seen the english one since the beginning on [A-S] i was impressed it was a great anime series too bad have to wait until september until the engish dub of the FMA movie is released.

Posted by Mimiru

I've seen all the episodes and I really wanna see the movie

Posted by Blaze

That ending was amazing, to me, that was one of the few good English dubs, hopefully they'll do a good job with the movie too. What is it about?

Posted by Mimiru

I heard a rumor that it answered questions about what happened after the last episode.

Posted by FriendOrFoe18

yeah full metal achelmist is my favorite on adult swim

Posted by FriendOrFoe18

yeah i wouldnt mind stayin up all night just to c re-runs

Posted by PhlyntheKT

I enjoy the theme songs by L'Arc En Ciel.

Posted by wavemaster20

IT WAS A GREAT SHOW TO BAD IT'S OVER

Posted by Alastor

Quoting Mimiru: I heard a rumor that it answered questions about what happened after the last episode.

It does. I don't know much else about it. I downloaded it, but it's over at my sister's house, and I haven't watched it yet. I'm trying to figure out a way to get it on my computer. Can't burn it since the file is 1.2 GB. :(

Posted by Kiyoshi

There's going to be a movie?! How come I haven't heard of it until now?! Well now I know. Is it out yet, or are they still working on it?

Posted by ExoXile

Tch, search for it.

I believe I saw it a month ago.

Posted by Kiyoshi

Hmm... I'll look into it. I'll do a search on yahoo. They have all the movie news. Unless of course you know somewhere better.

Posted by Alastor

I'd try Google instead, since I don't think Yahoo would have too many untranslated anime movied listed.

Posted by Kiyoshi

Google it is. I'll be sure to tell details when I find it.

Posted by talentz

KK err just watched the first episode of It dvd-rip. It was wicked.....Nearlly as good as dragonball z lol

Posted by Linko_16

FMA was one of the few anime I've ever seen entirely on Adult Swim. Usually I stop watching because I end up missing an episode and I don't want to miss anything.

I remember the first time I ever saw it, I saw the very first episode, but because it takes place in the middle of the story's chronology, I thought it was in the middle of the series and didn't watch it after all.

Posted by Arcadios

7.5/10

Posted by Linko_16

Quoting Arcadios: 7.5/10

Eh... yeah, I guess I agree, more or less.

EDIT - recently a local cinema had a one-time showing of the FMA movie. I hadn't seen it before and I figured it'd be hard to find it dubbed online (I'm used to the dub), so I went ahead and bought tickets. Unfortunately, it was infested with gigantic losers who were pretty much the definition of annoying otaku wapanese faggots. One guy kept shouting out "AAAA RISA HAWKEYE!" Every time she was on screen, so I finally just yelled back, "SHE DOESN'T LOVE YOU."

Movie was pretty cool, though.

Posted by Arcadios

The way the villain in the movie went down was pretty....meh but the way Wrath went out was pretty ****ing awesome.