Metroid Prime: Hunters Will Use Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection

Posted by WILLETH FOR MONTHS

The title explains it all, really. Visit http://www.metroidhunters.com and enter the Hunters site, and from there click 'Wi-Fi'.

Enjoy!

Posted by inequity

This game is looking better everytime I read about it. Wi-fi is very good news. Thanks for the info.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

That ***. Though with the delay it was pretty obvious. There's no way they could do that to the fans. It was stupid for them to even think of making it without wi-fi to being with.

Either way, this news makes me happy. I'll actually be able to play the mulitplayer now. Which is good, since they seem to be hyping it so much.

Posted by Zeta

Good. I've completely massacred everyone in my neighborhood, both in Echoes and First Hunt, and they all refuse to fight me. This Wi-Fi thing will give me access to some fresh meat... or maybe I'll get slaughtered. Either way, at least there'll always be someone to fight. Now I need to find one of those 'hotspots' for Wi-Fi. -_-

Quoted post: Good. I've completely massacred everyone in my neighborhood, both in Echoes and First Hunt, and they all refuse to fight me. This Wi-Fi thing will give me access to some fresh meat... or maybe I'll get slaughtered. Either way, at least there'll always be someone to fight. Now I need to find one of those 'hotspots' for Wi-Fi. -_-

Why not just make one? You can probably find a router pretty cheap.

Posted by ExoXile

It all seems so complicated :(

Quoted post: It all seems so complicated

Not at all.

Posted by ExoXile

So.. it's just like a modem?
Just wireless?

And the important question:
Where do i buy it?

Quoted post: So.. it's just like a modem?
Just wireless?

Well... you know what a router is, right? It's that, just wireless. So you can hook the internet up to two computers without the need of cords.

Eh, I'll just explain it to you over MSN, and when it finally comes out, I'll help you through setting it up if need be.

Quoted post: And the important question:
Where do i buy it?

Router? Anywhere electronic store... here in North America anyways. Though I can't imagine it being any different for you. Just check places that specialize in computers, or high-end electronics. Places like that are guaranteed to have one.

Posted by ExoXile

Thanks

Quoting Vampiro:
And when it finally comes out, I'll help you through setting it up if need be.

Thx :)

Posted by Zeta

I'll just use the hotspots. My parents complain a lot about me staying in the house all the time, anyway.

Posted by GameMiestro

Hmm. I think its good that theyre doing this. I wonder if the same glitches in First Hunt will work in Hunters... I can beat anyone, no matter how good they think they are, by using the Quadruple jump. Ask me later.

Quoted post: I wonder if the same glitches in First Hunt will work in Hunters...

Doubtful.

Posted by GameMiestro

No, I dont think they'll ever figure out that switching out of morphball mode the instant after a bomb you are on explodes will launch you incredibly high.

Oops.

You said "glitches"... the plural of "glitch". Thus indicating that there are more than one.

So, yes.

Posted by GameMiestro

This leads to other glitches though, such as finding areas without any graphics, and falling through non existent walls...

Its still going to be an awesome game. Let's all just agree on that.

Posted by Seres Aran

Question! Will this use-a-router-thingy work with a dial-up connection? Will any of the Wi-Fi stuff work with a dial-up connection?

Posted by GameMiestro

Seeing how dial up is just a wire running from your phone jack to your computer, doubtful.

Well, it won't but the above isn't the reason.

The only reason that a wireless router wouldn't work with the DS on dial-up is that the connection would be much too slow to play any games. I would have thought the minimum connection required would be around 500Kbps.

The main question is, why on earth are you still on dial-up?

Posted by Zeta

You could just go to your nearest McDonald's. I've heard Nintendo made a deal with some company to put hotspots in McD's all over the U.S. Can't find the article, though.

Quoted post: You could just go to your nearest McDonald's. I've heard Nintendo made a deal with some company to put hotspots in McD's all over the U.S. Can't find the article, though.

Probably won't be ALL of them. But most I'm sure. But still, who wants to play video games in McDonalds?

Oh by the way - just found out that dial-up isn't even supported, so bad luck.

Quoted post: Oh by the way - just found out that dial-up isn't even supported, so bad luck.

No one should have dial-up anyways.

Posted by Seres Aran

Quoting Wings: Well, it won't but the above isn't the reason.

The only reason that a wireless router wouldn't work with the DS on dial-up is that the connection would be much too slow to play any games. I would have thought the minimum connection required would be around 500Kbps.

The main question is, why on earth are you still on dial-up?

Hey hey hey, I don't make the decisions at my house. My parents don't want to pay more money. There are some people who can only get by... but I made a deal with them. If I can get a job, they'll let me pay for DSL (or whatever), thus giving us cablespeed, meaning I can play online and own everyone too! Not much of a deal, but hey, it's better than being poor.

DSL is ****. I had it before I got cable... there's a pretty big difference. Almost to the point where DSL isn't even worth it.

Anyways, you SHOULD be able to set up a deal with your cable company that will give you a break on the billing. That's what my family did anyways.

Posted by Seres Aran

Quoting Vampiro: DSL is ****. I had it before I got cable... there's a pretty big difference. Almost to the point where DSL isn't even worth it.

Anyways, you SHOULD be able to set up a deal with your cable company that will give you a break on the billing. That's what my family did anyways.

*Blink blink* Really? I'll try that. *Wink* Thanks for the info. *Pose* I am one step closer to being able to pwn online (lol).

[quote]QQQQQQQQQQ...
Ahh, nostalgia.