Google Talk

Posted by Alastor

Feel free to move to the tech/computing board if anyone feels like it.

http://www.google.com/talk/

I might try it out tomorrow since I have to go in like ten minutes. Doesn't really seem like it has much of a point. I keep in touch with all my Gmail contacts via AIM, and the latest version of YIM is already over-advertising a ''calling'' feature which I'll really never use.

Thoughts?

And, a little off-topic, if you want to try this messenger but don't have a Gmail account, send me a PM with your email address in it. I got like 50 invites, and anyone who wants one is more than welcome.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Everyone I know who uses Gmail is already setup through MSN. So I'm waiting this one out for awhile.

Posted by Crazy K

[Quote=Alastar]And, a little off-topic, if you want to try this messenger but don't have a Gmail account, send me a PM with your email address in it. I got like 50 invites, and anyone who wants one is more than welcome.

The same goes for me I have 49 free invites left, PM me if you want one.

Anyways I got YIM with Voice, its nothing really special, you can basically voice chat like in nearly any other messenger, but with YIM with voice you can make calls and leave messages.

I had problems with it at first, it would take forever to load and then if messed up my computer to witch I had to to a system recovery, but I got my computer working again.

As for Googles, I never even heard of it yet. I dont know If I would give it a try, but maybe I will.

Posted by Trigger

Microsoft Netmeeting could do that, really. It has been doing that for over ten years now. Google, or any other software vendor, aren't really stumbling onto something new. Improving on it, perhaps but definitely not making waves into the technology scene.

Posted by sabre

Doesn't work with Windows 98, which is not only frustrating for me, but very poor design, as there are still quite a number of people who use it as an OS.

But yeah, I tried to try it and kinda couldn't.

Posted by Echo

Quoting Sabredog: , but very poor design, as there are still quite a number of people who use it as an OS.

We just don't want your kind on the internet.

Yeah, I've got Google Talk. Haven't used it much, though.

Posted by Kal

I got google talk, but i haven't messaged anyone yet, i only have one contact, because not many people have Google talk or gmail, because gmail is in beta right now, and you can only get gmail by getting invites.

Posted by Hyper

Got it right after it came out. I don't really use it much, though.

Posted by Klarth

Didn't I predict this several months ago? I must be some sort of clairvoyant.

Posted by Porcupine

You and 3498579235 other people.

Posted by Jesus of Suburbia

I'll wait to download it until more people get it.