Offical Naruto Cast Listing For English Dub

Posted by Velvet Nightmare

Just got the offical cast list and needed to share it. I added some of their other roles off the top of my head, so enjoy. Source: ViZ

- Cindy Robinson
Character Voiced: Tsunami (Inari's Mother)
Noteworthy other roles: Pretty much half the cast of Marmalade Boy

- Colleen O'Shaughnessy
Character Voiced: Ino Yamanaka and Konohamaru
Noteworthy other roles: Sora, Digimon

- Dave Wittenberg
Character Voiced: Kakashi Hatake
Noteworthy other roles: Sedo - Wolf's Rain, Mullin Shetland - Last Exile, Henry Wong - Digimon

- Doug Ehrholtz
Character Voiced: Asuma
Noteworthy other roles: TK Takashi - Digimon

- Fred Tatasciore
Character Voiced: Gato
Noteworthy other roles: Tied to almost every single major recent game, but not as any big role

- Kate Higgins
Character Voiced: Sakura Haruno
Noteworthy other roles: Nothing really, except Zatch Bell

- Kirk Thornton
Character Voiced: Tazuna
Noteworthy other roles: Beyond The Grave/Brandon Heat - Gungrave

- Maile Flanagan
Character Voiced: Naruto Uzumaki
Noteworthy other roles: This is where I start laughing; NOTHING.

- Quinton Flynn
Character Voiced: Iruka Umuino
Noteworthy other roles: Issaru, Final Fantasy X+X2

- Robbie Rist
Character Voiced: Chouji Akimichi
Noteworthy other roles: Maroda/Ifrit - Final Fantasy X+X2

- Stephanie Sheh
Character Voiced: Hinata Hyuuga
Noteworthy other roles: FLCL & Rave Master (Additional)

- Steve Kramer
Character Voiced: Third Hokage
Noteworthy other roles: Almost every anime you have ever seen, including (but not limited to) FLCL, Robotech, Mahromantic, Cowboy Bebop, X, Gungrave, Witch Hunter Robin, Big O, Cyborg 009.

- Steven Blum
Character Voiced: Zabuza Momochi
Noteworthy other roles: Spike Spiegal - Cowboy Bebop (DUH), Mugen - Samurai Champloo. Seriously in every anime ever.

- Tom Gibbas
Character Voiced: Shikamaru Nara
Noteworthy other roles: Michael - (Digimon) (Remember, he was that guy who lived in New York with Mimi. Oh go[i]d, I'm scared that I remember that.)

- Yuri Lowenthal
Character Voiced: Sasuke Uchiha
Noteworthy other roles: Prince, Prince of Persia

I'm kinda happy with it, it works. Except the lady who is doing Naruto, which is a huge letdown. Here is some of her voice work

http://www.cedvoices.com/audiofiles/Flanagan_Maile_ani.mp3

You be the judge. I can easily see her as doing Naruto, but I'm not happy with it. Then again, I would never be anyway, so it isn't a big deal.

Posted by Fate

A girl doing Naruto is bad, no matter what.

And it's way funny how all the respectable voice actors are obscure characters. I'm definitely not watching this.

Quoting Fate: A girl doing Naruto is bad, no matter what.

And it's way funny how all the respectable voice actors are obscure characters. I'm definitely not watching this.

That's kinda how anime works -_-

See, only in Japan can people get away with doing opposite gender roles. I wish the woman who did Naruto in Japan spoke fluent english; I'd completely sh[i]t myself if that were possible.

I won't be watching either, except perhaps the first few to see the damage.

Posted by Fate

Same here. Although, curiosity has a tendency to kill cats. :x

Posted by Mystic Hero

Which is why I prefer the subbed versions a lot more. If anything I'll buy this on DVD and watch it all subbed, anything is better than watching the dubbed version.

Posted by Arczu

I wonder how people who don't even originally know the anime will see it? Something decent?

I wonder if this catches all the people who don't know about it, but it ends up getting popular anyway. That would be something. Good or bad is the problem.

But the voice actors... they better do their job at the very least to be believeable. None of this "Oh... uh well I guess.." crap when their mouth is CLEARLY saying more.

Posted by Sean Fury

Why does every ****ing person in Digimon end up working on other animes? Seriously.

However, I *love* Steven Blum, he is an awesome voice actor.

Now here is where I got ****ed: Dave Wittenberg. Henry = Kakashi? If he sounds REMOTELY like the Digimon character I will lead the crusade against Cartoon Network. And more then two people better show up.

Quoting Sean Fury: Why does every ****ing person in Digimon end up working on other animes? Seriously.

Because casting agencies have a high tendency to recast people over and over and over again if they have a large resume. Also, my guess is that the same casting agency that was responsible for Digimon was responsible for Zatch Bell, which is responsible for Naruto, thus it all lines up,

Posted by Mystic Hero

Actually a lot of the same voice actors play many roles in different anime, not just these few mentioned. I'm sure you can recognize voices on anime that haven't been aired on TV yet. I can tell apart a lot of the same voices. And it is true, many casting agencies do recast after recast of the same people over and over again for many different animes. I wouldn't be surprised if it was the same agency that does the casting for all the anime dubbed versions out there. After a while I got sick of the lame voice actors and just stopped all together with the dubbed versions. I'm strictly subbed now, I find it more enjoyable. I don't have to worry about any of the actors casting parts that don't suit them.

Posted by NightmareBassX

Does Sasuka's english voice-over do the voice of Haru in Ravemaster?

Hmm, I just checked. He does, and he sounds so Monotone, it makes me laugh after I finished watched the first 79 episodes in japanese this week.

Quoting NightmareBassX: Does Sasuka's english voice-over do the voice of Haru in Ravemaster?

Hmm, I just checked. He does, and he sounds so Monotone, it makes me laugh after I finished watched the first 79 episodes in japanese this week.

...and he didn't in those O.o?

Posted by gOdOfWaR

Did anyone see naruto last sat on cartoon network..is whats his face dead or not?(srry im terrible at names)

Posted by NightmareBassX

Quoting Velvet Nightmare: ...and he didn't in those O.o?

Well if you mean in the Japanese Naruto... I can't really tell, I don't understand it, and Im reading subtitles. If thats what you meant. But if he did, Im betting its worse in the English Naruto.

Quoting gOdOfWaR: Did anyone see naruto last sat on cartoon network..is whats his face dead or not?(srry im terrible at names)

Man, I bet you LOVE spoilers. But no, Sakura uses her magical tears to make him come back from hell... At least thats what she said. Stupid Sasuke, Tricks are for kids. And Oh man, They totally ruined Naruto... He sounds like a dog in that episode. He doesn't do that in the japanese one.

Luckily, I can understand the Japanese, and it is pretty annoying. Very monotone, which is fine, but it gets old FAST. I think they're both about the same

And I'm guessing you're talking about ep 17, right? Most of that part of season 1 was edited for CN because of the amount of gore, you guys probably missed a lot. He does sound like a dog, but remember - that's okay. He is taking the form of a demon fox. They did a similar thing in the japanese version, made the woman doing to voice of him sound more spastic and angry. More raspy, you know.

Posted by NightmareBassX

Yeah, I watched the Japanese one. I like it much better then the english. But they do make him sound like a dog, I mean... If they are going to make him sound like that, making him drool would fit it MUCH better. I've seen 79 episodes in japanese. My friend let my borrow the 6 first volumes of the Japanese Naruto. I like them alot, I hope he has the 7th volume.

I didn't like how they don't make Naruto's eyes turn red and "Foxish" after the Orochimaru episode. I liked it alot when they turned red, made him look cool. Ahh well, the fight with Neji near the end was still pretty cool.

Don't worry, you haven't even seen Naruto's true form. The eyes and nails are nothing.

Heh, for that matter, you also haven't seen Sasuke's true form either. But you'll have to wait until about ep 130 for that.

Posted by NightmareBassX

My friend who let me borrow the volumes actually was talking about when Naruto fought Sasuke, Saying that it depends on how many "tails" he has out, determines his strength from the nine-tails. And Sasuke's true form? Does it have to do with the Cursed seal?

How many tails he has out? How silly! It's just how much Kiyubi is released; not a matter of tails. And yes, the true form is hidden in the seal.

Posted by NightmareBassX

Quoting Velvet Nightmare: How many tails he has out? How silly! It's just how much Kiyubi is released; not a matter of tails. And yes, the true form is hidden in the seal.

Stupid Sasuke...! Is he evil in the true form?

Posted by gOdOfWaR

dam you now ill have to wait till saturday and see what naruto does to break the mirrors.from what i saw he unleashed the 9 nail fox or dragon or something and it only seems when people get ****ed off that something gets unleashed

Quoting NightmareBassX: Stupid Sasuke...! Is he evil in the true form?

Mmm....debateable.

Posted by Xenos

I have a question, in some sites it seems to say that Naruto was a normal person and had a fox sealed in him? Or is he the fox itself?

I don't watch it episode from episode, I just study in a lounge and see some people watch it, so I just lean on their shoulders to look at it every now and then.

Posted by brownoystercult

4th Hokage sealed the fox into Naruto when he was young.

Quoting Roinkz: 4th Hokage sealed the fox into Naruto when he was young.

Debatably his father, as well. Depends on how much of the series you have seen/read.