Secret Weapons of Halo 2?

Posted by Scorpion

Well, I heard recently from a kid at my school that it is possible to get the assualt rifle from Halo, now I highly doubt this, I don't belive in those "rare" codes and cheats. However, does anyone know if this has any truth to it?

Posted by Axis

Not true. The kid is lying.

Posted by Scorpion

Thought so.

Posted by spitfire13

thats not true but u can get the huge laser thingy that was on that spider boss guy

Posted by Brandizzle

Quoting spitfire13: thats not true but u can get the huge laser thingy that was on that spider boss guy

And how would you go about to accomplish this????

Posted by Skitzo Control

They're all rumors. There are no "secret weapons" on Halo 2, no "special powerups," and hardly any good gameplay. How can you people listen to all those stupid rumors and actually believe them? You should be able to use common sense to know the truth.

Posted by Master Chief 12

You can get the Scarab gun(the huge spider) it was on the Cheat! Strategy Guide on G4TechTV. Its more trouble than it's worth, though.

Posted by higbvuyb

from [url="http://www.halofans.com/showthread.php?t=469"]www.halofans.com/showthread.php?t=469[/url]
Start off on the Metropolis level, and eliminate the Marines that board the Scorpion

Posted by helpimstuckinabox

Erm, yeah, the scarab gun is the only real secret weapon but, (in all seriousness, go to highimpacthalo.org if you don't believe me) there are like.....4 of em. WHY THE HELL?

This is cool: the scarab is an object. It has a set path, but it can't be destroyed, damaged blahblahblabhalbh. The scarab's main cannon doesn't come from the scarab itself. When it fires in the game, the plasma rifle shaped scarab gun spawns inside the front of the scarab, and fires. I know this cause I watched a video of some guy used sword flying to get out of the tunnel in outskirts when the scarab destroys the warthog. You could clearly see that the beam was coming from a small plasma rifle hovering beneath the scarab, and then it vanishes. If you can get to that rifle in the few seconds that it is there, you can pick it up. Yeah, that means you can get one in metropolis when the scarab fires AND the one on top of the sky bridge and duel wield them.

So i guess the programmers created a weapon to use for the main cannon for the scarab,and they put one on top of metropolis as a joke.

Posted by higbvuyb

Yeah, I'm sure the scarab has to wield a weapon to use it. And the programmers at Bungie aren't stupid. They wouldn't have used an image of a plasma rifle when they could have made it invisible instead. And above, it states the weapon looks like an orange cone. Have you played halo 2? because the plasma rifle sure doesn't look like an orange cone.

Posted by Alastor

Huh. Weird.

I doubt it's any secret, but I was playing at a friend's and he showed me that you can board those Covenant hovercraft things in the tunnel on the Metropolis level and use the turret on the top. This, to my knowledge, is the fastest and strongest turret in Halo 2. Called the Shadow Turret, I believe.

Just get behind this thing and run and jump on top of it, then walk along it until you reach the turret. I advise killing any Marines nearby so they don't blow the thing up before you can board it.

Posted by justin haha

Quoting Alastor: Huh. Weird.

I doubt it's any secret, but I was playing at a friend's and he showed me that you can board those Covenant hovercraft things in the tunnel on the Metropolis level and use the turret on the top. This, to my knowledge, is the fastest and strongest turret in Halo 2. Called the Shadow Turret, I believe.

Just get behind this thing and run and jump on top of it, then walk along it until you reach the turret. I advise killing any Marines nearby so they don't blow the thing up before you can board it.

yes u can but u cant drive them...only u can shoot..but they do look kool and strong.

Posted by justin haha

Quoting Scorpion: Well, I heard recently from a kid at my school that it is possible to get the assualt rifle from Halo, now I highly doubt this, I don't belive in those "rare" codes and cheats. However, does anyone know if this has any truth to it?

i have it on halo2 but it might be a glitch...dunno...but that kid might be right but he probably is a lunitic anyways

Posted by helpimstuckinabox

Okay listen up, cause this is all you need to know:

1. Orange Cone? No, the scarab gun looks exactly like a plasma rifle. What he meant was, it's floating ABOVE an orange road cone when you find it.
2. There are three (i think but pretty **** sure)
3. One is on top of Metropolis
4. The second is actually what's firing around the corner when the words "field expedent" pop up, not the scarab itself.
5. The third is what blows up the warthog in the tunnel on outskirts. Just like the second one, it is just a plasma rifle floating in the air, not the scarab.
6. Some of the really technical people haved pulled apart the levels and found out that there's an object called "scarab_gun_wieldable" on the levels that have a scarab gun that you can pick up.
7. The scarab gun is the only real secret weapon, all others are bs or mods.
8.That shadow turret thing is real, and it kicks butt cause of it's rate of fire. Who knows why they put it in.... it should replace that crappy multiplayer plasma turret.

The words above are all true, i've seen this crap with my own eyes.

Posted by rabek

Well...I was looking at bungie's humpday challenge and I think they may have been hiding a secret weapon or a mod of some sort...go to the humpday challenge of 5/5/05 and and go to the game viewer on their third game or the WARLOCK game. Select Shishka and look what he killed some of the guys with...it looks like the bottom half of a brute shot...but it definately isn't! What could it be?!?!

Posted by Skitzo Control

That's a grenade kill, if you're talking about this:
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v83/SkitzoControl/BungieGrenadeKill.bmp[/IMG]

Posted by rabek

hahaha....that's funny...can we erase this thread now cause i feel really stupid

Posted by higbvuyb

No. Not the whole thread.

You can delete your own post.

Go to your post, then click on 'edit', then you can delete it.