My Trip to FC3

Posted by Cyphus

FC3 was the best time of my life.
and sorry Mystic but i highly doubt i'm even in the top 50 in the US. lol

The entire trip cost me roughly 550 dollars. Worth every penny. And i will do it all again if it happens agains.
FC3 had a 186 participants. We had Team tourney, Low Tier, 1v1, and Regionals.

I tried out for the South Team, and though i beat up the other attempters...they decided to go and host the 'entrance tourney' when i wasn't around. Which kinna sucked cuz i am deffinately better then some of those on the Team South(ESPECiALLY the team captain, Synikal....gawd..he freakin' lost to someone w/ 2 stock left, when he had 4...he was such a broken leg for team south...and he played Luigi!..moron. You know why they did the tourney when i wasn't around? they didn't want me in. Know why? They already had a Doc: Caveman(best doc in the US) so i guess thats an ok reason..but u can never have too many docs, really.

For 2v2 my team mate was from NewYork, "Double N Dan"(capt.f) Our team name was "Ken and Isai"(lmao!) guess who was our 2nd oponent?
...............*drum roll*................
Ken and Isai("Team Canada")
So yea...we got butt raped pretty bad...first fight they had 3 stock left each, 2nd attempt we gave they had 2 stock left each. They were extra happy to kick our asses since we used their names. But u know what? It's all good cuz we everyone got to see "Ken and Isai" at the bottom of the tourney list, lol. All according to plan =D

So Low tier rolls around, and i finally get to kick some. My Zelda brought me to my fourth round where i finally lost to Chu(the famous ice player, using Y.Link) I beat him first round, he beat me second(each w/ 1 stock remaining) Then the 3rd round comes and i SD twice and he wins w/ 2 stock left!
glah..if i wouldn't of done that i would have beaten CHU!!!!! Either way, i got (about) 20th place for Low Tier tournamenet.(not bad, not bad, ;)) cuz my zelda is mighty sexy.

So 2 days have past and i've gotten 2 hours of sleep(not even counting the 3 different planes i had to catch to get the place. the 1v1 tourney finally comes and i am dead tired and sleepy. I breeze through my first pool(they usually consisted of 7 people), including a VERy, VEy, VERy..(i kid u not!) sexy girl smasher! she is beautiful. and she is pretty **** good. She brought me to my last 2 stock!! @_@. and beat me on her counter pick level (Onnett +Fox = win)..or maybe i was just distracted by her cuteness. Either way....my next 7 oponents come including (Omnigamer-famous kirby, and some famous falco player i forget his name at the momemt, SS4Rikcy(best Link), and some other people which made my bracket hell) and squeeze loss after loss. I know its not good to John around....but i seriously was playing like ****. So i basically only made it halfway through the tourney. i Think i got 116th place, lmao. i know that looks like garbage but take it from my low-tier results, i ain' THAT bad. Besides i did really good in friendlies...

Azen-Aw3some. He plays anyone...and as long as they want. He played from morning to night, usually just sitting in a chair w/ they had a line to play him.
I fought him 15x about. he usually 2 stocked me...a couple times 3 stocked me. once he 1 stocked me(zelda vs. his capt) and one i beat him (falco vs. ganon) but i just got lucky. He won the Low Tier w/ Link.
Ken-total douche master. best smasher in the world...but refuses to play you if you aren't popularly great, unless you money match him(aka pay to play). Ken also showed off his special "japanese DI" he learned from Jack and lied about it not existing for a long time. Basicly...(and we know how to do it know) you can survive almost anything(as he proved in our 2v2 match, when he lived a DocPunch at 120% as Marth) Ken used Fox most of the tourney....bu also used Ganon, falco, Marth, and even Doc all impressively which gained my respect.
SS4Ricky: Tied for best Link in the country. He usually 2 stocked me. though i did beat him one round in the tourney.
Germ: other best Link. Identical results usually.
BoBMoney: 2nd best Doc in country. He helped me improve my Doc, and after his tips and training me for an hour(i love this man now, like u don't know) i challenged...
Caveman: ah...the best doc in the US. after countless challenges he finally accepted my fight and in our Doc vs. Doc on FD...the battle shifted back and forth, til it ended up with him beating me w/ 1 stock left and at 40%. a proud momemnt indeed for myself.
MookieRah: best mewtwo in the world, but strangely is my neighbor state in Alabama. who knew? His mewtwo is equally good as my doc. and that is rather scary. Sometimes i 2 stocked him..sometime he even 2 stocked my doc. But my Zelda and Kirby both squeezed a victory the one time i brought them out each.

Outside fun:
caveman kept making people pass out literally by stopping blood flow to the brain temporarily by having them become short of breathe then pressing against their heart, etc, etc...i'll spare ya'll teh details so ya'll dont go and start making people pass out. but he did it to me, and i woke up w/ slight amnesia totally freaking out how i got on teh ground w/ 100 laughing people around me. Great stuff. Now i do it to kids at the mall.

Wes(the best samus player) brought THE MAN w/ him. The man is an evil blend of hell spices and ground up....matter basically a chilli-sauce that if you challenge must eat it...and not cry or get water to beat. I successfully defeated the man, though the scars of burning pleasure echoed in my mouth for hours later. I thank my cajun heritage and habitual spicy food eating for my victory and hope to Wes to "THE CAJUN" next time....an even eviller blend i will make to counter THE MAN.

if anyone didn't know..i'm a contortionist..meaning i can dislocate my apendage, etc, and put myself in knots and do all kinna sick stuff. i'm semi famous now among the community just for the hundreds of times i was asked to show off. "Cyphus Prime....Transform! XD"-Mike G(best peach)

for food we had cheap donuts, hotdogs, chips, Subway subs, soda(all included in our 50 dollar entrance fee, that let us be housed for 3 days long)
we went go eat out once it was all done at "Steak and Shake" hung out w/ my teammate, his bro, his bro's friend and isai, chu, ken and his family(though they all sat at aother table) we basicly just made fun of everything nad laughed all night there.
After we went to a smasher's house for the night to play some more..but most people just chatted the whole night instead. Again i did more contortioning tricks and got everyone to freak out. Ken gave me like like 13 cense for it :D

So i went to catch my flight the next morning(taxi's suck) and i fell asleep at the airport and missed my flight(costing me another 100 bucks) but Mookie was there so we chilled but then he had to leave....but then the DBR crew showed up(Germ,Bob, Zeldgadis, and another guy who plays smash near them that was the former world champ of DDR(sweet!)) and we partied at theh airport having a blast, for like 1 day and a half!
But then we got hungry and the one food place closed..so we tried everyplace til we got Pappa Johns to deliver to the airport, lmao. and we kicked off our shoes, through the pizza box on the floor, and feasted like ther was no tomorrow as business men and the like walked past us trying not to look they the noticed the oddity.

So eventually the new plane arrived and i headed out and got back home. and bla bla bla. but seriously so much stuff happened there i can't remember it all right now..i'll post more later when it comes to me. Fc3 = best time 3v@r!11!

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Hah, sounds like you had an absolute blast. Would have been fun to go to that.

Quoted post: Ken also showed off his special "japanese DI" he learned from Jack and lied about it not existing for a long time. Basicly...(and we know how to do it know) you can survive almost anything(as he proved in our 2v2 match, when he lived a DocPunch at 120% as Marth)

... I've never heard of this.

Posted by Arczu

Quoting Cyphus: Ken also showed off his special "japanese DI" he learned from Jack and lied about it not existing for a long time. Basicly...(and we know how to do it know) you can survive almost anything(as he proved in our 2v2 match, when he lived a DocPunch at 120% as Marth)
This sounds like an interesting trick. I'm thinking it might have something to do with hit only being half as effective when you duck for an attack.

But BOY did you sound like you had fun. Wish I could've gone, but that would be very impossible.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Quoted post: This sounds like an interesting trick. I'm thinking it might have something to do with hit only being half as effective when you duck for an attack.

I would highly doubt that.

Posted by Arczu

...Then I have no idea what to think of it. 120% in most normal circumstances means if you recieve a smash attack, you are going to get KO'ed.

Posted by Mystic Hero

And a Doc punch really is very hard to recover from like that at that damage trust me, I'm a Doc player too. In some cases it is possable to recover from, I have done it a few times, but not so much as to perfect the technique.