It's all downhill from here

Posted by Caryatid

Last night, I attended the System of a Down concert. I'm sure my attendance was made obvious by my previous signature. However, since it was the greatest night of my life, I thought I'd make a thread about it.

Now, I won't go into detail about all the stuff me and Catherine did before the concert, because it's actually rather boring. It all has to do with hot guys. It was fun, but not note-worthy. Instead, I think I'll give a small review on Mars Volta, the band that we saw play before System...

They SUCKED. I apologize to any Mars Volta fans, but they were just terrible. They simply did not have enough talent to keep going and going and going like they did. They were very 60's, and the lead singer was a total Steven Tyler wannabe, but they were just really, really bad. I haven't heard any of their CDs, so for all I know, their recordings could be great, but live, they left a lot to be desired.

Now, on to the main attraction. Well, I can only explain some of it in chronological order, so needless to say, if I tried to tell it like some sort of story, it would hardly be coherent. So, instead, I have the following explanation of it. (Also, all the pictures I snapped where with a disposable camera, because I needed to use up the film, so sadly, no actual pictures will be posted. However, it shouldn't be too hard to imagine what the concert was like if you've ever seen a stage and a you know what the band members look like.)

This is the story of six people

Posted by Hyper

1. Music Board plz
2. I wouldn't pay to see them :)

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Quoted post: 2. I wouldn't pay to see them

Quoted for truth.

Unless they were opening or co-headlining with someone I really liked.

Posted by Echo

I really, really wanted to go to that concert. Sounds like it was pretty great.

Posted by Azusa

Sounds like you had fun. They came around Tampa a little while ago, and from what I hear it they're quite good live. Wanted to go for lack of anything better to do, but decieded against it due to lack of money.
Personally, I've heard every single song on that cd five thousand times from different radio stations and have become rather sick of it, but I'm glad to see that someone can still appreciate them.

Posted by Caryatid

Quoting Azusa: Personally, I've heard every single song on that cd five thousand times from different radio stations and have become rather sick of it, but I'm glad to see that someone can still appreciate them.

Heh. I've only heard one of their songs on the radio once, and that was when I was driving out of Florida. I sometimes get a little sick of a few of their songs because I listen to them so much...