overclocking

Posted by thelaststand

mmm im trying 2 overclock my amd 64 3200+ from 2.0ghz to 2.2, and i need a good tutorial on how to do it, any1 have any sites, or can just write on how to do it

Posted by Sean Fury

http://forum.pcvsconsole.com/viewthread.php?tid=11211

May help. May not.

Posted by AMD_FANBOY

http:[url]www.eocf.com[/url] is an awesome site for OCing! I got my AMD 64 2800+ stock 1.8 running @ 2.4! Stable as a rock! Set your HTT to 3X, Ram divider 166 (266 on some boards.) Then raise your FSB up a little at a time. I say to get 2.2 try 235FSB. I know that 220 is 1.9ish...leave your muilt for cpu (not HTT) where it is. The stock Heatsinks are awesome. For a 200mhz OC, you do not need to adjust the vcore or voltage. That is all I can think of now. Oh yeah, download somthing called prime95 and run the torture test. If it fails, you may not be stable. But I think prime is wrong occasinally. If you can game for a few hours and no frezzes or shutdowns...you are fine. Good luck and have fun dude!

Ross

Posted by thelaststand

well i finally got to overclocking my computer....i was only able to get it to 2.2ghz (from 2.0ghz) w/o it crashing, and the only things i could think to change were the CPU FSB and the CPU voltage, wat other options could i play around w/ to see if i could get a higher OC

Posted by Lord of Spam

Try lowering your cpu fan rpm's. The less electricity it uses, the more can go to your cpu, which lets it run faster.

Posted by Boner

Quoting Lord of Spam: Try lowering your cpu fan rpm's. The less electricity it uses, the more can go to your cpu, which lets it run faster.

Riiiight. Because your CPU doesn't rely on that fan to keep it cool or anything. That still made me laugh though.

Posted by Lord of Spam

Wow, way to ruin it. How awesome would it have been if he had come back and been like "Wtf i did what u siad adn now my computer dosnt wurk wtf".

Posted by misogenie

Remove programs and store them on CD, remove desktop wallpaper a blue background should show. :canada2:

Posted by Klarth

What the ****?

Posted by thelaststand

so lord of spam is either a jerk or an idiot

Posted by Lord of Spam

Given that I stated that the consequences of those actions would be negative, you can rest assured that I am a jerk.

Posted by NegativeTrend

Quoting thelaststand: so lord of spam is either a jerk or an idiot

Or an idiot jerk.

Posted by Lord of Spam

Uh, no, just jerk.

Posted by higbvuyb

Connect to a 240V power supply, or use a 110v to 240v transformer, but switch the PSU on the computer over to 110 volts. That will increase the power the PC gets, and can increase the max speed of the fans, so they cool better.