UK ProgPower 2006

Posted by sabre

This is being held like a town away from me, so I'll be able to go for sure - and I'm really excited. On the list are Therion and Angra, two of my favourite bands, whereas Pink Cream 69 and Orphaned Land are also tentatively on the board, two bands I've been meaning to check out for a while, Pink Cream because it's one of Andi Deris's bands, and Orphaned Land because Richaod keeps gasming over them. Prog and Power are my favourite genres, so I'm surprised I never heard of this before.

[EDIT: They also have Pagan's Mind, Freedom Call, and Threshold, the first two of which are great, and the latter is something I've been meaning to check out for ages.]

[EDIT2: It's official, I checked it all out, it doesn't coincide with anything, and I'm definitely, -definitely- going. Even if it's crap (which it can't be with Therion and Freedom Call both playing), my house is a short bus ride away.]

[EDIT3: http://www.progpoweruk.com/ Looks like Pink Cream and Angra are out, but you never know; one of them could be the "to be announced."]

Posted by Klarth

:o I will be there for the Therion.

Although I'm not much of a power fan anymore really though! I hate Stratovarius and I find most power metal uninteresting. Might as well tag along.

Posted by NegativeTrend

So what prog bands are going to be there?

Posted by sabre

Prog as in Prog Metal, silly. Threshold, Pagan's Mind, and Orphaned Land are metal of prog.

Posted by Hyper

Sound sweet. Too bad I'm in a different country >:0 Tell me how Therion is.

Posted by Poco

Pagan's Mind is pretty good. I've listened to one of Orphand Land's songa, and it was good. Well, have fun.

Posted by sabre

Thanks. And yes, Pagan's Mind rule. There's still one more to be announced - I'm crossing my fingers for Nightwish or Blind Guardian. =D

Posted by Richaod

I wish I could go. :(

I have no idea what Orphaned Land's setlist is or how they manage to play studio songs recorded with 30-odd people live, but... hmm. Sounds interesting though, I'd want to check out Pagan's Mind in particular since I really don't know anything about them. Therion would have to be a big question mark for me.

Posted by sabre

Therion have a lot of choral, too - I think they had over 100 people on the double album they released last year, and they have a lot of classical instruments, too. I'm guessing they'll accomodate for it if two out of seven bands use them integrally.

Paid for the passes, am now waiting for them to arrive. This concert will be awesome. =D