What N64 games have you been playing lately?

Posted by D.J Cat

Use this thread to post what N64 games you've been playing lately, and whether you enjoyed it, how much fun it was and just any thoughts you have on the game.

I played Banjo-Kazooie yesterday.
It's still fun to play in this game, the humour is good, and the music is really great. It suits every level really well.
Rusty Bucket Bay music is **** cool. :cool:

Posted by Roth

Ha! I haven't played N64 forever... Whenever I get around to finishing DW II on the NES, I'll probably play Ocarina of Time now... That's a great game!

Posted by -Shadow-

Games I can always go back and play after awhile:

Ocarina of time
Majora's Mask
Banjo kazooie/tooie
Turok 2
Mario 64
Conkers Bad Fur day

Posted by bazariah

im waiting till i get some spare time so i can annihilate conkers bad fur day, last game i actually booted up was 007 goldeneye

Posted by Ch

Mystical Ninja
Goemons Great Adventure
Goldeneye
Conkers Bad Fur Day.

I tried playing Banjo Kazooie but i got so bored.

Posted by Megatron

I started playing GoldenEye again with some friends. It's still a blast to play.

Posted by Dexter

Bomberman Hero. I'm going to get myself perfect scores on each level. I try to do a couple levels every night before I fade away into dreamland.

Posted by D.J Cat

I played Diddy Kong Racing today.

It was good fun.

I used the Ultimate A.I cheat (which hardly lives up to its name but its still good) and played in the adventure mode and got a piece of Amulet and a trophy.
Also, the music is really good in this game, I think.

Posted by Xero

I have been playin SSB recently. An old game that I still love. I use Kirby and i'm unbeateble :devil:

Posted by Arczu

Majora's Mask. A bigger game than I thought it was before. After loosing this game a long time ago, I managed to buy it. I haven't finished it, because I have not played it ever since I beat this Gigantic Fish... I forget the name...

Posted by D.J Cat

I played WWF Warzone the other day...

It was pretty good, the one player mode seems pretty good, the sound effects are great, with all the crunching and stuff and the crowd is interesting.
We made Hitler as a custom wrestler just for fun...

Posted by The_Essence_Vortex

Mischief Makers. My personal favorite game of all time. This would be my 100th or so time beating it. Great fun. You could be 50 something and still have the time of your life.

Posted by Foxy McCloud

Mischief Makers was the last game I always wanted for the N64, but never found.

As for what game I've been playing as of late, it would have to be Star Fox 64. It's all I've got until I can rent Star Fox Assault. :(

Posted by Megatron

I just started playing through Donkey Kong 64 again.

Posted by The_Essence_Vortex

Quoting Foxy McCloud: Mischief Makers was the last game I always wanted for the N64, but never found.

As for what game I've been playing as of late, it would have to be Star Fox 64. It's all I've got until I can rent Star Fox Assault. :(

Mischief Makers is really hard to find. Try eBay or something.

Posted by inequity

Ive been playing destruction derby 64, F1 pole position and 007 the world is not enough.

My microphone for hey you pikachu is broken :(

Posted by loony636

Perfect Dark is the best game for the N64. But Conker's Bad Fur Day is alright as well. Goldeneye is about the same as Perfect Dark, except that the story line is defferent. Super Smash Brothers is good, but not as good as SSBM.

Posted by Dexter

Quoting loony636: Goldeneye is about the same as Perfect Dark, except that the story line is defferent.

I beg to differ. They have tremendous differences, and they were easily noticeable during my beginning stages of playing Perfect Dark when it was first released. They have many similarities, of course, being the same system program and same company, but even being so similar, they have many differences. The story is just one thing. The multiplayer alone in Perfect Dark is far from being like Goldneye's. Each is sure to give you a different experience, and when you feel like playing one, you won't always necessarily feel like playing the other, and that is because they both have different feelings and gameplay style. You can have 8 bots out there in multiplayer mode in Perfect Dark while you can't in Goldeneye, and that makes a huge difference alone.

Posted by loony636

Okay so you have a few points. But I was actually focusing on the single player side of the games. The multiplayer isn't as important as the single player part of the game.

Posted by Dexter

Actually, in my personal opinion, especially when it comes to Perfect Dark, the multiplayer is more important. It is basically the reason I keep coming back to the game. I enjoy the single-player mode in Goldeneye far more and would play it over Perfect Dark's just about any day. The levels and extraordinary designs are just more agreeable with me.

Also, even within the single-player modes, the games differ in many ways.

Posted by #1Gamerchick

Ive been playin Majoras Mask too. i have stopped for the moment though becuz i cant beat the big fish. i lost the game awhile ago and bought another but im still stuck

Posted by loony636

Quoting Dexter: Actually, in my personal opinion, especially when it comes to Perfect Dark, the multiplayer is more important. It is basically the reason I keep coming back to the game. I enjoy the single-player mode in Goldeneye far more and would play it over Perfect Dark's just about any day. The levels and extraordinary designs are just more agreeable with me.

Also, even within the single-player modes, the games differ in many ways.

But, why do the single player modes differ. They look pretty similar to me. The door ways, the cutscenes, the shooting (okay so the guns are different), they all look the same.

The multiplayer is not the most important factor. You will play single-player a lot more than you will play multi-player, and its really important that the single-player stands out and attracts people to buy and play the game.

:bangbang: Goldeneye

Posted by Dexter

Quoting loony636: But, why do the single player modes differ. They look pretty similar to me. The door ways, the cutscenes, the shooting (okay so the guns are different), they all look the same.

To me, one of the biggest differences is when you get hit, probably. When you get shot in Goldeneye, you get thrown around brusquely and get a about two seconds of being impervious to bullets. In Perfect Dark, and especially on the more difficult settings, they can shoot you down with one shooting session. Every bullet will harm you. This makes a huge difference when you are playing multiplayer, too. I prefer the way Goldeneye has that set up. Not many people notice these little details unless they are brought up or they spend a great deal of time playing each.

Quoted post: The multiplayer is not the most important factor. You will play single-player a lot more than you will play multi-player, and its really important that the single-player stands out and attracts people to buy and play the game.

The multiplayer mode might not be more important than the single-player mode in Perfect Dark, but I certainly prefer the multiplayer over the single–player. In some cases, like my own, it is more important, since it is the part of the game that I will be giving the most time to. Even when I play Perfect Dark by myself, I play in the multiplayer settings, with bots and all. I just find it more enjoyable. And honestly, I have barely played the single-player mode on Perfect Dark since I defeated it on the most difficult setting, which was more difficult than Goldeneye's single-player mode I might add. Those aliens were exceptionally problematical.

Posted by Landon

Quoting Megatron: I started playing GoldenEye again with some friends. It's still a blast to play.

True Dat!
Love Goldeneye.

I would give you some reputation because I agree, but I think the whole "reputation" concept is retarded :link:

Posted by D.J Cat

Cool, someone else that realises how useless rep is....

Anyway, on topic I played Jet Force Gemini today.
The opening movie looks a bit our of date now but the fuzzy dice more than makes up that :D
And the gameplay is stll up to standard and great fun. All the fun of commando rolling of a bridge into water or of a cliff (on purpose of course) .
I look foward to playing it again.

Other than that I played a bit of Diddy Kong Racing, WWF Warzone and Snowboard Kids 2 during the week.
They were all ok, but I didn't play any of them for much more than an hour.

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

I've just recently purchased Conker's Bad Fur Day and have played it a bit. What I've played so far, I've enjoyed. I can already tell that it will be humorous, and should prove to be entertaining.

Posted by D.J Cat

This week I played a bit of WWF Warzone, a little Yoshi's Story and a fair bit of Perfect Dark.

Warzone has been good fun, it is great in multiplayer, especially with the custom wrestlers and all that.
We made this fat guy called Fatty Three (Fatty One is on another wrestling game) and gave him high speed and aerial moves and made a skinny guy with powerful moves.

Yoshi's Story I just played last night.
People say how easy the game is, but if you play it properly and go for a decent score the difficulty is much higher.
The music in this game is very nice and the graphics are suprisingly nice. The reflections in the water on one of the jungle levels was quite pretty.

And good old Perfect Dark.
Still great in multiplayer and the combat simulator is still good fun after and challenging after all this time.
I have been playing 10 minute battles with random levels and random weapons each time. However I look away when choosing the weapons so I don't know what I am getting till I am in the game.
I played 4-5 hards sims of different personalities and 1-2 Perfect Sims.

And....last night I went up a rank. :D
I am now 5: Lethal

Posted by Spinal

Last one i played was Tony Hawk's Pro Skater, i think the first one is the best one, so it works fine to play it on n64. I also beat mario64 not that long ago for the 99999 time, it's one of those games i just love beating over and over again.

Posted by Mixhael

Rush 2: Extreme Racing USA

I have so many fond memories of this game from 8th grade, mainly from the Stunt Course. 6 years later I think it holds fairly well. I figured out how to unlock most of the good cheats and have put them to good use.

Posted by Xero

Quoting Arczu]
I've been playing Indiana Jones and the Infernal Machine ever since I picked it up a week back. It was never released for public retail, only a blockbuster rental, and well... let's just say that I can see why. The game is glitched beyond all absolution. Awful, horrible, terrible camera, the worst camera in a game that I have ever played, now you better believe that. Especially when you're jumping from platform to platform in the lava pit of the seventh stage and have absolutely NO WAY TO JUDGE THE DISTANCE. And if you push a crate in the sixth crate the wrong way, the game freezes. Everytime. But still, I must say that I am finding myself impressed with this game. It plays like Zelda OOT, only that the A button is your jump button and B is your action button. It looks absolutely phenomenal. A third party n64 game with no fog and no draw distance, it's just unbelievable. There's really no music to speak of, just ambience and little ditties of the theme song when you do something right. And these environments are massive, I can't begin to tell you but this game throws you the big meat without buttering you up with levels like "The Deku Tree" and Banjo-Kazooie's first stage. I'm currently stuck, yes STUCK on the Palawan Temple and these last few levels have been Water Temple-lite. Just hope the game can continue this mindblowing quality instead of just blowing the quality eeehhhhh

Also picked up Castlevania Legacy of Darkness. Now I loves me some Castlevania 64, so I've been looking for this game for years. AND ONLY NOW FOUND IT but believe you me it is worth it. SOTN has nothing on this game's atmosphere WHAT YES I SAID IT I LIKE CASTLEVANIA 64 BETTER THAN SYMPHONY OF THE NIGHT at least you can die in Castlevania 64.

And I always have WWF No Mercy close at hand whenever I feel the need to put a beating on The Rainbow Princess himself. I swear these AKI games are such perfection, you can have five star matches by the fsking handful UNLIKE ON THE SMACKDOWN SERIES WHERE IT IS COUNTER COUNTER ELBOW TO THE GUT PIN OFF OF A PUNCH oh zardoz you can't begin to understand how frustrated I am with these games. All I want is to have good matches, is that so hard!?!?!!! And I can have good matches too. Netman's seen it, Netman knows that it is futile to even pick up the other controller unless I am feeling particularly GENEROUS. But then again Netman realized it was futile to even get involved with the female race so whoops that doesn't work out too much in my favor, does it. :(

Posted by Apathetic

I was just playing Conkers Bad Fur Day, Multiplayer mode. I love killing your own team. My weapons of choice are the sword or oozes. I just stay a base walking around killing everything thats moving. :)

Posted by D.J Cat

I got 6 N64 games for $30 today!

They were 5 bucks each, the Video rental place was selling them.

I got...

Donkey Kong 64

Super Mario 64

Extreme G

Clayfighter...

Rouge Squadron

San Fransisco Rush

Extreme G and Mario are for a friend but the rest are for me.

I have mostly been playing San Fran Rush.

It is quite good.
The speed and air you get over jumps is great and it looks like I will be getting a fair amount of entertainment from thiis game in the future.

Clayfighter was Borange in one player.
It may be different with 2 players, I guess I will find out...

Posted by SomeCrazyGuy

I've been playing Quest 64... Well... Not exactly playing, I am really just hacking into the code to make a FAQ for the game.

I have been playing... Well, I haven't been playing anything recently, it seems that I try to systemize everything until it is no longer fun, and just a quest for an item when I have specific directions to from having played it before. The fun goes away after the first full game.

The only RPG I've played that I can play purely for fun was Paper Mario... **** that was a good game, too bad I never owned it. n_n'

Posted by D.J Cat

Well...

Clayfighter was decent in multiplayer.
San Fransisco Rush was also fun.

I played a little bit of Mario Tennis earlier, I managed to get it today for 20 bucks.
It was fun even though I lost.
The graphics may look a little dated now but the gameplay is still as good as ever.

Posted by Mixhael

Quoting D.J Cat: I got 6 N64 games for $30 today! They were 5 bucks each, the Video rental place was selling them.

I'm as excited as you were. I got 4 N64 games for $20 yesterday from EBGames! I've been playing all 4 lately, so here goes...

Beetle Adventure Racing!: I just unlocked the 'Isle' course and a few new cars and I've got a feeling there's plenty more to come from the reviews I've read. Even better is my 22 year old sister throwing the other controller at me when I won for the 4th straight race. Good times. Smallllll complaint about handling, but it's probably my fault. I havn't done one lap without hitting the walls

Knockout Kings 2000: I'm almost positive none of you own this, but this is a killer boxing game. Few sports games can pull off the realistic factor while throwing in some arcade effects (See: Blitz). The "super punch" knocks your opponent upside down and inside out, all in great fun. Career mode rules, especially when you don't have any competent friends/siblings to play against. Great single player game, best boxing game I've ever played

Vigilante 8: Twisted Metal memories galore. This thing has smooth, seriously smooth, graphics. Details, blowups, car crashes, and weapons all make this a 10 star game. It's like Twisted Metal, only waaaay better, or exactly the same depending on which version you have... Buy it!

Army Men: Sarge's Heroes: Don't worry, I kept the receipt... lol. Of the 4 games I got, I've played this the least. I get impatient with games that make you wait for the camera to get behind the lead character. That doesn't mean it's a bad game really, just havn't got around to it. Passed the first two levels quickly, seemed like an okay romp. I got it for $4.99, so considering that some people actually paid $20-40 for this thing brand new, I'll hold on to it.

Posted by psp

Super Smash Bros.
Star Wars Rogue Squadron
Star Wars Pod Racer
MK Mythologies Sub-Zero

Posted by hey

Quoting D.J Cat: I played WWF Warzone the other day...

It was pretty good, the one player mode seems pretty good, the sound effects are great, with all the crunching and stuff and the crowd is interesting.
We made Hitler as a custom wrestler just for fun...

Are you kidding me ? Even in N64's heyday warzone was just a stinker.

Well anyways I played conker about a week ago only 64 game besides starfox , SSB , and Goldeneye I actually like .

Posted by Nep0

Blast Corps. Ahhh, good times while waiting for people to come home.
For a while, I've been watching Ogre Battle 64 being played and...wow. Can't believe I missed out on that even though it was so hard to find!

Posted by Klarth

I've been playing Starfox 64 a lot recently, as people are circulating emulators and such around school... Brings me back to the days when I actually used to *own* this game.

Posted by Takuya Kanabara

Paper Mario. I'm starting a new file.

Posted by D.J Cat

Just this week I've been able to start playing International Superstar Soccer 2000.

Most people probably wouldn't like it like I do, but with a better create a player, the fact you can make up to 110 custom players (about double the last game) and the brilliant career mode, this game will keep me satisfied for a long time.

Posted by recon62

i play zelda it's pretty fun

Posted by Masuyo T3h Ninja

I've been playing Conker's Bad Fur Day, even though I could be playing Live and Reloaded on my SexBox.

Posted by Ch

Well just yesterday I have begun to play Zelda: Ocarina of Time. I like that game alot and it even after all these years it still has awesome replay value. I just finished beating the Fire Temple.

Posted by VirtualRealityZone

This week I went back to the ol' N64 and have been playing Perfect Dark and Zelda Oot and Diddy Kong Racing. Three classic N64 games. Ive been playing through basically every N64 game I own but those three that I listed above are the ones Ive been playing this week.

Posted by D.J Cat

International Supersatr Soccer 2000.

I finally succeeded in the Career mode.
Still plenty more to do and I can do Career mode more and hoepfeully with some extra success.

If anyone wants to be a custom player in the game post your:
position (foward, midfilder, defender, goalie)
height (between 150 and 200cm)
number (between 1 and 40)

And I'll figure out the rest.
It could be interesting.

Posted by Ch

I've been playing Zelda Ocarina of Time again : \

Posted by Xero

I've been playing perfect dark and SSB recently...thats all. I just cant get tired of these games.

Posted by Megatron

I've been playing Perfect Dark Counter-Op with my brother. Before that we were playing San Franisco: Rush and GoldenEye.

Posted by Xero

I dont like counter. I prefere co-operative its more fun and helpfull when you reach the perfect agent level.

Posted by D.J Cat

I traded in WWF Warzone for Star Wars : Battle for Naboo the other day.

I really like how it plays so far, suprisingly fun and refreshingly different.

Posted by Xero

WWF...Isen't fighting? Like agressive?

Posted by D.J Cat

?

WWF Warzone is a wrestling game, and thats about all I think there is to it.

Posted by Max Mouse

Super Mario 64
Zelda: Ocarina of Time

Posted by Outlaw

Banjo Tooie. This game's so huge. I been trying to collect every single item and uncover the strange hidden glitches that were also seen in B.K

Posted by Klarth

I decided to give Mischief Makers a shot. It's pretty fun, and the art style is cool.

Posted by D.J Cat

I've had a few fun multiplayer goes with Goldeneye, Snowboard Kids, Bomberman 64 and NBA Wangtime.

And I've had a go at F-Zero X in single player.
It feels a bit slow compared to F-Zero GX but it still heaps of fun, much more than I remembered.

Posted by Angerion the Brave

I got a little bored of beating Halo 2 Hard mode again and again so I went back to good ol' GoldenEye and Perfect Dark for a while.

But most prominantly I've been back into Ogre Battle 64 Person of Lordly Calibur.

Posted by D.J Cat

4 player Mario Kart 64.

Flippin Awesome. :D

Posted by Profane Acolyte

Legened of Zelda: Majoras Mask

Tis always fun on a rainy day

Posted by Xero

I'm now playing Perfect dark. I'm gettin into the spirit of perfect dark zero that will be out soon :)

Posted by D.J Cat

NBA Hangtime, Diddy Kong Racing, Bomberman 64, Perfect Dark and a little bit of Goldenye hhave all stared in the recent multiplayer sessions.

NBA Hangtime is quite fun after an extened break, a good 2 player co-operative game. I made a player named after one of the animals in my town in Animal Crossing and before he had even played a game he had defeated 13 of the 29 NBA teams...

Diddy Kong Racing has awesome music still, and is good in multiplayer, but it would be much more fun against good opponents.
I was a little disapointed that the music doesn't play in 4 player mode, but thats the sort of thing they did back in the day to keep frame rates up.

Bomberman is hot, again it might be a lot more enjoyable when and if my friend sget a bit better/I train them.

Posted by The Pain

Well, the only 64 game i'v been playing latley is Star Fox 64. It's a classic, pure fun :D

Posted by andrewg

super mario 64 and diddy kong racing.

Posted by InYourAtmosphere

Mario Party 2 and Zelda Majora's Mask

Posted by Arczu

Super Smash Bros. Dangit, I can't believe how different (and fun) this game really was. LOVE how the croud reacts to the action everytime someone gets knocked away or grabs a ledge after being smashed away. It was esier to get the croud cheering for you too!

Mario! clap-clap-clap, Mario! clap-clap-clap

Posted by InYourAtmosphere

ah, i always used to play smash bros. but i was terrible at it. i was always kurby. his sucking powers could be used for evil, and i liked that.

Posted by Apathetic

Conkers Bad Fur Day! Heist is my favorite multiplayer, I love beating people with the bat. Blasting them with big rocket gun is fun too! Also the campaign clips are histerical. (however its spelled!)

Posted by Abby Ratso

I recently tried out a game in my basement,
South park
sucked. makes me sad.