Rep and comments

Posted by higbvuyb

Since you cant rep someone again until you rep another 20 people, that stops you from commenting on their posts. Therefore we should get rid of rep (it doesnt mean anything anyway) and keep commenting.

Posted by Dexter

That is an excellent idea, although I don't think Jesse will go for it.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Or have them as two seperate things.

Posted by Prince Redon

[COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]Too bad this hasn't been [URL=http://www.vgchat.com/showthread.php?t=687]thought[/URL] of before.[/COLOR]

Posted by higbvuyb

But if you reply just to say "I agree" or "You are wrong" or something like that, its a waste of time replying with another post, antd it clutters it up.

Posted by Jesse Smith

Quoting Dexter: although I don't think Jesse will go for it.

Dude u r smart!!! We need rep!!!! pze rep me and I might rep u back!!!!

Posted by Xero

I think we need rep, cuz thats how we can take somebody seriously. If the guy is like at -50 of rep, then I can see that hes not really nice/a good poster. If hes like at 2056 (like DEXTER) then I see that hes more likely to be a moderator/super mod, then I guess i'm likely to read what he posted.

Oh! By the way...Why isen't DEXTER a Super mod? He's the best poster of the site! :devil:

Posted by Legend Saber

I think he was a super moderator here before, I think. I'm probably mistaken, though, I'm no expert on the history of this site.

Posted by Xero

Oh was he??? Dexter has been in this site for like 3 years now, so he has more experience than regular members. The best is Jesse since he created the site... :devil:

Posted by sabre

No, he hasn't.

Quoting Flame ghost: Oh! By the way...Why isen't DEXTER a Super mod? He's the best poster of the site! :devil:
I certainly hope you're not judging by rep.

But either way, it's because his (supposed (hi dex ;D)) tendency to play games doesn't go down well with the moderators, not to mention that Jesse wouldn't trust him, and many mods dislike his attitude - though I really don't think that's a very good reason, personally, and I find him easy to get along with. Besides, he's said himself that he's not even 100% sure whether he wants to be one.

Judging by the time they've been here is pretty dumb, too. Jesse's the last person you'd want as admin, and he's been here the longest.

[EDIT: [quote=(rep comment for this post)]Flame ghost disagrees: I'm not sure if I need to take you as seriously as I should...I'm sure that if your post had made sense I wouldn't have been as inclined to remove rep. Oh, and the entire "DOWNREP ME AND I DOWNREP YOU" attitude is unbearably stupid - seeing as I formulated a competent response to both yours and legend saber's posts, the only real thing that would give you any grounds on which to derep me would be in that you couldn't take being derepped. The ability to irritate someone at the click of a button is so entertaining.

By the way, I'd think about taking first grade english again if I were you, seeing as your comment basically amounted to "I shouldn't do what I should do." thanks for your time!!!! :kiss:]

Posted by Jesse Smith

:::Flame ghost disagrees: I'm not sure if I need to take you as seriously as I should...

But he has over 1,200 reputation points!!!!!

:::The best is Jesse since he created the site...

Now THAT is kiss-up!!! ppl have to be on crack to say I'm da best!!! I drive every one insane acting like a n00bie, like the reply in your 0-1 post thread!!!

Dexter is a hacker, there 4 he will never be a Super Mod, and never way. He just has to hack da place to do what he wants done. Real One Bjarni wil become a Super Mod before him!!!

Posted by The Punisher

Oh man i rember him from the old Vgchat, when it was set up liek an rpg. I miss those days Jesse.

Posted by Xero

Quoting Jesse Smith: :::Flame ghost disagrees: I'm not sure if I need to take you as seriously as I should...

But he has over 1,200 reputation points!!!!!

:::The best is Jesse since he created the site...

Now THAT is kiss-up!!! ppl have to be on crack to say I'm da best!!! I drive every one insane acting like a n00bie, like the reply in your 0-1 post thread!!!

Dexter is a hacker, there 4 he will never be a Super Mod, and never way. He just has to hack da place to do what he wants done. Real One Bjarni wil become a Super Mod before him!!!

So I guess nobody can say anything about the GREAT Wacko King, cuz he'll agree with you! The reason of this down rep at Sabredog was that even if he dint take me seriously, he dint have to pull my rep down, cuz when I dont take somebody seriously, I dont down rep him!!!! And Even if he has 1200 of rep and he's a Super Mod, does not mean he's a good guy/girl (I think Sabredog is a girl am I right?). :devil:

Posted by sabre

Quoting Flame ghost]So I guess nobody can say anything about the GREAT Jess Smith, cuz he'll f/uck you! The reason of this down rep at Sabredog was that even if he dint take me seriously, he dint have to pull my rep down, cuz when I dont take somebody seriously, I dont down rep him!!!!Not true, I remember that for a time Khaos had around -120 rep. And he's a pretty good poster. You, you're a pretty bad poster, so according to your theory, you're undeservant of your rep. Now, your thought just went out the window.

[Quote=Flame ghost]If hes like at 2056 (like DEXTER) then I see that hes more likely to be a moderator/super mod, then I guess i'm likely to read what he posted.

Dexter's rep was among a few that got messed up a week or two ago. Take 2056, and subtract about 700 for his true rep.

Posted by Xero

Ok...well...I dont care finally...Ill stick with my disagreemen about taking off rep, but I wont say a thing. :devil:

Posted by Jesse Smith

Disclaimer! I didn't ban you!!!! You should know that the Super Mods don't like it when you become a n00bie!! Don't worry, every mod/super mod had been where you are, a n00bie!!!!! Geting banned is a sign that one day you will be a mod!!!!! :D:D:D:D

Posted by Ayumu Yumi

Rep doesn't say anything about the quality of a person's post, or the person, and I think some people here take it a little too seriously.

Posted by sabre

Quoting Jesse Smith: Disclaimer! I didn't ban you!!!! You should know that the Super Mods don't like it when you become a n00bie!! Word. :cool: [quote=Jesse Smith]Don't worry, every mod/super mod had been where you are, a n00bie!!!!! Geting banned is a sign that one day you will be a mod!!!!! :D:D:D:D
Not really. I don't smell quite a few banned members ever getting mod spots, and I was never banned.

Anyways, I think that Ayumu Yumi phrased all my thoughts on the matter in a far more condensed, easy to comprehend manner than I could have. So, yeah, I basically agreex1000 with him. :)

Posted by SpongeBob

Jesse! This is my new account (I'm flame Ghost)
Since you banned me, I can't do anything on your site anymore, so I got to create a new account, and I hope I wont get ban again. Whats crackoisme?

If I understood well what u said, it means that I will become a mod some day??? That would be cool! I dint think about it, but I guess I could do it (no comments sabredog plz).

I'd like to apologize everyone for what i've done in this forum section...I kinda got too far with my opinions...

Posted by Admiral Anthrax

Too bad it's against the rules to reregister after being banned.

Posted by Jesse Smith

DUDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I never banned you!! I UNABNNED you once!!!! We need members like you, hince they baned you!!!! :D:D:D:D:D

[quote]Whats crackoism?

Here, I'll translate your title....

::: pze no ban me!

You got banned, so of course you want 2 beg to not get banned *hint* PMs...!!!

:::I wacko crackoism.

You are a wacko with crackoism. Only wackos get banned. Crack is a drug that messes you up. Banned members are messed up, there for they have this disibility called 'wacko crackoism'!!!

::: pze understand crackoism.

Banned members are like Real One Bjarni. You want us to understand your disability, only this time it's crackoism, aka being messed up, being a n00bie, not autisim!!!

pze no ban me, I wacko wackoism, pze understand crackoism!!!

Posted by sabre

Quoting SpongeBob: Jesse! This is my new account (I'm flame Ghost)
Since you banned me, I can't do anything on your site anymore, so I got to create a new account, and I hope I wont get ban again. Whats crackoisme?

If I understood well what u said, it means that I will become a mod some day??? That would be cool! I dint think about it, but I guess I could do it (no comments sabredog plz).

I'd like to apologize everyone for what i've done in this forum section...I kinda got too far with my opinions...

Shame, you were only banned for three weeks on your Flame ghost account - and I only very rarely give out temp bans. Ah well. Perma for you!

Jesse, quit unbanning members.

Posted by Death-By-Minnow

What'd he do that was so bad? I was in the middle of a conversation with him in the Starcraft thread and now I don't get to finish...

Posted by Last Fog

Quoting Death-By-Minnow: What'd he do that was so bad? I was in the middle of a conversation with him in the Starcraft thread and now I don't get to finish...

Have you read this thread at all? Anyway, I remember the first post that idiot made. And the second and third. Between them and his sig and the fat that he put a COOL :devil: in every post, i knew he wouldnt last long.

Posted by Last Fog

::Flame ghost agrees: the Idiot is still reading the posts! Watch yourself in 3 weeks when I come back!::

Oh, no! Look out for the flame ghost! He's coming back.

Go to hell.

Posted by The Punisher

Hasnt this topic gotten quite far off topic? I think a mod should just delete this entire post or lock it up.

Posted by Last Fog

No! Flame ghost would get mad and retaliate and... and... I don't know what he'll do. Prolly nothing.

Posted by Night Owl

I like the rep, i just hate the fact that no one gives me any

Posted by Night Owl

See! my point exactly, i join this site for fun and people just give me bad rep because they want to.

Posted by Arczu

Boy... this reputation system is starting to become quite the obcessive object. But, I don't see how giving/taking reputation can also count as commenting on a post... I mean, don't you--

Bah forget it, I just awswered my own question. It make me go crazy when people are always "Rep me back k?!". I get that a lot...

Posted by loony636

Look, there is a thread in the computer games about online games. This is just proof that the rep system just doesn't work:

Quoted post:
Nilgrim disagrees: your mom is fat

Quoted post:
Nilgrim disagrees: Eye live en a treylur parc

Quoted post: Nilgrim disagrees: My penis + your mouth = herpes

Quoted post: Nilgrim disagrees: YOU ARE AN IDIOT HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHHAAHHAAHHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHA

Quoted post: Nilgrim disagrees: you are ugly

Quoted post: Nilgrim disagrees: Mi pene es grande

Quoted post: Nilgrim disagrees: This post deserves a rusty trombone

[QUOTE]Nilgrim disagrees:

His rep power is zero. So he doesn't pose any "threat" to your reputation.

Posted by loony636

I wasn't worried about my reputation, I couldn't care less whether it was 100 or -100. I don't see the point. The point I was trying to make with Nilgrim is that he's probably not the only one doing it. Its possible to rep or derep someone with no reason whatsoever.

Quoted post: Its possible to rep or derep someone with no reason whatsoever.

So? Plus, the only ones that do seem to go on a derep spree are noobs who can't even influence the persons reputation.

Posted by loony636

I think your missing my point. What I am talking about is the fact that people can just rep or derep people with no reason. It doesn't matter that the only people that do it are noobs, what matters is that the whole basis of rep is that people who post good and meaningfull posts get reputation for it and people that post bad posts get dereped. What really happens it that not everone that posts good posts are reped and not everyone that posts bad posts are dereped. Just face it, rep doesn't work as it was mean't to work.

Posted by higbvuyb

You don't understand. Rep is there for members with high rep to abuse, which then allows them to abuse rep futher.

Posted by loony636

No I think you don't understand. Members with high rep don't generally abuse it. This is becuse the only people with high rep are members who have been here for a long time and have posted a lot. If you get high rep and abuse it, you don't keep it for very long.

Posted by higbvuyb

Quoting loony636: No I think you don't understand. Members with high rep don't generally abuse it. This is becuse the only people with high rep are members who have been here for a long time and have posted a lot. If you get high rep and abuse it, you don't keep it for very long.

The people who abuse rep the most are the ones who have been here a long time. Especially the idiots supporting draxamus and Bj.

Posted by loony636

Do you have any proof that Draxamus and Bj are abusing their rep? When you make these accusations you have to have somehting to back it up with. You can't just go around accusing people of abusing their rep without having some proof.

Posted by Lazy Guitar

Quoting higbvuyb: Since you cant rep someone again until you rep another 20 people, that stops you from commenting on their posts. Therefore we should get rid of rep (it doesnt mean anything anyway) and keep commenting.

Posted by maian

Haha, Someone PMed me asking for rep trading. I simply said no to the stupid concept and derepped him, and I later got a derep from him on one of my posts that said something like "You sure are ugly".

Rep sucks, but it's good for a laugh. :cool:

Quoted post: nd I later got a derep from him on one of my posts that said something like "You sure are ugly".

Excellent.

Posted by loony636

Quoting maian: Haha, Someone PMed me asking for rep trading. I simply said no to the stupid concept and derepped him, and I later got a derep from him on one of my posts that said something like "You sure are ugly".

Rep sucks, but it's good for a laugh.

Exactly, people can just derep people for no reason at all.

Quoting higbvuyb:
Since you cant rep someone again until you rep another 20 people, that stops you from commenting on their posts. Therefore we should get rid of rep (it doesnt mean anything anyway) and keep commenting.

I didn't agree with your other posts higbvuyb, but nice suggestion. Ditch the rep system but keep the abliliy to comment on someones post.

Posted by Darkbackward

We can't have the circle of moderator's tarnished at all on these forums. We must protect them from trash such as as me and future iterations of me. But how to do? Only the moderators can rep, how about that? That way we can attack trash such as me, and not have to learn how to spell or be nice without getting nuked by noobies like me.

Maybe there should be an agree/disagree with comments, except there is no repping level, people merely discuss what they think. But that is eliminating the point of talking on the board itself. So, maybe thats a bad idea.

Posted by loony636

That's a really good idea. I hope the circle of moderators listens to this trash and responds to it in the appropriate way. That doesn't mean that they delete the post and ban the member.

Posted by Klarth

[quote=maian]I later got a derep from him on one of my posts that said something like "You sure are ugly".

Heh; I have to go to school with him. :(

As for rep, who cares if it's being abused? Far as I'm concerned, it's a silly, useless number that doesn't do anything.

Posted by Boner

Quoting higbvuyb: Since you cant rep someone again until you rep another 20 people, that stops you from commenting on their posts. Therefore we should get rid of rep (it doesnt mean anything anyway) and keep commenting.

Here's an idea. If you want to comment on someone's post, you can just quote them and add your comment. Much like I am doing now. This also adds to one's post counts. What a concept!

Posted by The_Essence_Vortex

Quoting Opeth: Here's an idea. If you want to comment on someone's post, you can just quote them and add your comment. Much like I am doing now. This also adds to one's post counts. What a concept!

Here's your sign?

Posted by loony636

That'e great. I really think that that should be used instead of the repping system. Much better.

Posted by Xero

I guess...I'm starting to get tired of rep too.

Too bad The admin will never get rid of rep, cuz he likes it too much :(

By the way...What is the power reputation?

Posted by Jesse Smith

NEWSFLASH, this just in: Mod poll going on about demoding that naughty Super Mod.

Current results: 100% say to de-mod him!!!

Bad mod, bad!!!! I only voted yes cause he keeps deleting the threads that cause entertainment here, aka World War 3, 4, 5, and 6!!!!

Posted by Jesse Smith

Poll update: Now it's six mods saying to de-mod him and zero say not to. So he might be toast unless he get's all his mod buddies to vote for him!!!!

:::Majesty agrees: You know, I think I love you. :kissing:

Oh crud!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Xero

Jesse...I dont understand what ur talking about. Whats happening?

Posted by Klarth

":kissing:"? I meant :kiss:, of course. :D

edit - it's nothing to do with you, pretend it isn't happening.

Posted by mis0

Awesome. I'm glad to see some action on the mods part. Congrats, Jack.

Edit: it's at 10 for demod, 0 for keepin' him. thx [source] ;)

Posted by Jesse Smith

Alastor, Altinure, Anigmasis, Jesse Smith, Linkman, Majesty, netman, Pit, Sabredog, and Skitzo Control have all voted no!!! We have COOL mods here!!! :D:D:D:D

pze no delete the poll or this thread!!!!! :D:D:D:D

Posted by Dreadnought

meh. Rep is an interesting, if pointless system, but some people (eg. I feel Yellow?) take it way too far, i.e "I'll rep random people in the hope i get repped back, and if they derep me I'll derep them twice!". Does rep even affect your posting ability, or is it purely ornamental?

Posted by Jesse Smith

SOME ONE DELETED THE DE-MOD POLL AND MADE A NEW POLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now it's seven voting yes and one voting no.

Posted by mis0

It's Admiral Arthritis, doing his worst, again...

Posted by Shade

Haha. If he gets de-modded, then who will fill his shoes?

Posted by Jesse Smith

Quoting Shade: Haha. If he gets de-modded, then who will fill his shoes?

I take it you never look at the poll board??!!!!

Current poll results: yes-12 no-2

Quoting Admiral Anthrax: Oh well. Jesse, demod me.

But, but, but... You are the best Super mod we have ever had!!!!!! Pze no go!!! We need u!!! *Is crushed that some one might be de-moded by days end!!!*

Quoting Admiral Anthrax: The sooner you do, the sooner I can get started in my e-entrepreneurships that will put your amazon sites out of business. ;)

er, you got one BIG downside!!! I got nine years experience doing this stuff!!! You got a LONG ways to go!!!!

Posted by Shade

[quote=Jessah]I take it you never look at the poll board??!!!!

Nope. :(

Posted by Xero

I dont think that any super mod should be de-mod, cuz they're all good.

Posted by Dreadnought

Quoting Jesse Smith:

Disclaimer! I didn't ban you!!!! You should know that the Super Mods don't like it when you become a n00bie!! Don't worry, every mod/super mod had been where you are, a n00bie!!!!! Geting banned is a sign that one day you will be a mod!!!!! :D:D:D:D

Sarcasm aside, I was banned, and keeping in mind what I was banned for, it's highly unlikely I'll become a mod. But thats a nice thing to tell people.

Posted by Xero

Quoting Poison***Machine: Sarcasm aside, I was banned, and keeping in mind what I was banned for, it's highly unlikely I'll become a mod. But thats a nice thing to tell people.

You got ban??? When? You've just join the site!

I dont think i'll become a mod either. Unless I stay in this forum for the next 3 years and I start acting a little more mature, I dont think I even have 1% chance of seing my name beside a board.

Posted by sabre

You never know. People change over time. Just look at Iris - there's an emoticon entirely DEVOTED to her and how she used to be a moron, she got banned several times, and now she mods board help and suggestions. She had far rockier a start than you, as did Kodachi, maian, and many of the members who are now excellent mods. I don't think that it's too unlikelt a prospect for you, if you keep at it. :amy:

[EDIT: Addressed to PoisonGo[b][/b]dMachine, but it could indeed apply to Flame ghost also.]

Posted by Xero

Quoting Sabredog]I'd say every member of the neutral party can be a mod, the problem is determining who is in that group.

As far as I know, reputation is a fancy title. But one question is why does Jesse have 666 Rep Power? A bit of an odd number...

Posted by Corrupt

Quoting Jesse Smith: Almost every mod/super mod was once a massive n00bie!!!

Except me. :mad:

Posted by Arczu

Eh??

What are you gettin' steamed about?

*looks suspiciously around*

Posted by brownoystercult

Quoting Arczu]

Posted by Jesse Smith

You all know I'm a curse. The mark of the beast is a curse, hince the 666!!!!!!! pze give me 3 more rep points!!!!!!

:::Except me. :mad:

You are a Corrupted member. That's close to being a n00bie. (Hint: Look at the Washington DC liberals!!!) :D:D:D:D

Posted by Xero

Quoting Jesse Smith: You all know I'm a curse. The mark of the beast is a curse, hince the 666!!!!!!! pze give me 3 more rep points!!!!!!

:::Except me. :mad:

You are a Corrupted member. That's close to being a n00bie. (Hint: Look at the Washington DC liberals!!!) :D:D:D:D

One thing for sure, you dont wanna get de-rep by jesse. 666 is a lot.

Posted by Jesse Smith

Now I got both 666 rep points AND 666 rep power, hince that pze give me three rep points!!! Now to temporarly edit my post count, and make a screen shot!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D

Posted by Xero

Quoting Jesse Smith: Now I got both 666 rep points AND 666 rep power, hince that pze give me three rep points!!! Now to temporarly edit my post count, and make a screen shot!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D

Why do you want to make your rep equal to your rep power? Just asking...

Posted by Jesse Smith

Um, look at my signiture!!!! :D:D:D:D:D

Posted by Xero

You dont have 6666 posts anymore.

Posted by Legend Saber

Nor does he have 666 rep.
Jesse, can't you just manually alter your rep so that it always reads 666?
Seriously, you kinda are the admin, and all.

Posted by Xero

He had it yesterday (666 rep).

Jesse, what are you tryin to accomplish by gettin equal rep and rep power?

Posted by Jesse Smith

Quoting Flame ghost: Jesse, what are you tryin to accomplish by gettin equal rep and rep power?

Do you know how to read?? Learn how to read and then look at my signiture.

Posted by Legend Saber

Quoting Flame Ghost: He had it yesterday (666 rep).

Yep, I know, I was one of the people to give him exactly 666 rep.

Quoting Jesse Smith: Do you know how to read??

Jesse, to be quite honest, I'd say half the people here, including you, my wacko friend, were illeterate if this wasn't a message board.

Posted by Xero

Quoting Legend Saber: Yep, I know, I was one of the people to give him exactly 666 rep.

Jesse, to be quite honest, I'd say half the people here, including you, my wacko friend, were illeterate if this wasn't a message board.

Jesse! I can read! I read your sig, but it doesn't tell me a *** **** thing! What do you mean your a curse? But why do I care about that...You dont have 666 rep anymore and you dont have 6666 posts either...

Posted by Jesse Smith

Uggg, brainless, look at the image in the signiture. Any one with brains would know what's why I wanted to have 666 Rep Points, to make that image. I'm too lazy to edit my rep!!!

:bash::bash::bash::bash::bash:

Posted by Xero

Quoting Jesse Smith: Uggg, brainless, look at the image in the signiture. Any one with brains would know what's why I wanted to have 666 Rep Points, to make that image. I'm too lazy to edit my rep!!!

:bash::bash::bash::bash::bash:

.......this WAS what you had......

Me, I dont think my rep will ever go over 100, but i'm close to it.

Jesse....Do you think I could be the moderator of the yoshi cookie board?

Posted by Jesse Smith

:::::.......this WAS what you had......

No poop Shirlock. Try learning about the number 666. er think I should change your rep to -666???!!!!

:::::Jesse....Do you think I could be the moderator of the yoshi cookie board?

Sorry, one requirement for being a mod is to have a working brain!!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Posted by Darth Vader

I think it would be cool to see Jesse's Rep to go up to 1000.

Posted by loony636

Quoting Darth Vader: I think it would be cool to see Jesse's Rep to go up to 1000.

Who cares? If Jesse really wanted 1000 rep, then he would change the rules so he could rep himself so many times that he gets 1000 rep. Rep is pointless.

Posted by Xero

Hmm...This thing has gotten far too complicated. Jesse will decide what he will do with his rep.

Posted by Arczu

Hey, can you put "Arrange by reputation" back in the Member Listing? It was sooo much easier to find people that way.

Posted by Dreadnought

Erm... would'nt he anyway?

Posted by loony636

Quoting Arczu: Hey, can you put "Arrange by reputation" back in the Member Listing? It was sooo much easier to find people that way.

Ummmm, no. It wouldn't work unless you knew what rep the person you were searching for was on. I don't think it would make it any easier it is to find people than it already is...

Posted by higbvuyb

666, according to the bible, is the number of the devil or something. Therefore, jesse refered to it as a 'curse'.

Posted by Xero

Quoting higbvuyb: 666, according to the bible, is the number of the devil or something. Therefore, jesse refered to it as a 'curse'.

I see...

Posted by Jesse Smith

Mark of the beast. Cursed be he who has that number. I am a curse, hince the number all over the place!!!! :D:D:D

Posted by Xero

I'm scared.

Posted by higbvuyb

Jesse doesn't use it much anyway. Only on people who deserve it.

Posted by Xero

Just on n00bs.

They usually leave the forum after they get curse by jesse.

Posted by FerreTrip

Alright, I'm complaining about getting bad rep on stupid things. I've gotten to -29 for dumb-arse reasons. I am very ticked off. I'd like it if you could punish those who give you -rep for dumb things. I can't give ANYONE rep, and that's cuz I DID NOT DO ANYTHING AT ALL. I only counter-attack, I never attack. I make a few jokes, and no one gets them, they take it as an insult or something, and they bad-rep me. Or they're bullies. I think anyone who's a known bully (i.e., Bebop, sorry, but you ARE one, dude) should get their account deleted permanently. Why? PEOPLE LIKE ME ARE MISERABLE!! GAH!!!

Oh, and another thing: could you add a seperate rep system so that someone can rep someone's sig and keep it seperate from the post? I just saw someone with TWO +reps for their signature. I got a neg rep on mine becasue I didn't spell the 1337 version of "fear" the way they know. Can you keep those seperate?

Posted by Darth Vader

I wouldn't complain... I have -55, and there are others that are way into the - 100's

Posted by Velvet Nightmare

Quoting FerreTrip: Alright, I'm complaining about getting bad rep on stupid things. I've gotten to -29 for dumb-arse reasons. I am very ticked off. I'd like it if you could punish those who give you -rep for dumb things. I can't give ANYONE rep, and that's cuz I DID NOT DO ANYTHING AT ALL. I only counter-attack, I never attack. I make a few jokes, and no one gets them, they take it as an insult or something, and they bad-rep me. Or they're bullies. I think anyone who's a known bully (i.e., Bebop, sorry, but you ARE one, dude) should get their account deleted permanently. Why? PEOPLE LIKE ME ARE MISERABLE!! GAH!!!

Oh, and another thing: could you add a seperate rep system so that someone can rep someone's sig and keep it seperate from the post? I just saw someone with TWO +reps for their signature. I got a neg rep on mine becasue I didn't spell the 1337 version of "fear" the way they know. Can you keep those seperate?

Look, frankly if you can't deal with the fact that no one respects you enough to give you rep, then you need to find another place to hang out. So what if your rep is low? DEAL WITH IT. Maybe if you actually write something meaningful instead of just complaining about it, you might actually get some. You have no right to say that ANYONE should get their account deleted. The only person that would merrit such an action is you for you blatent disregard for reading the rules. If you can't take what others dish, find another message board.

Posted by Darth Vader

Quoting Velvet Nightmare: Look, frankly if you can't deal with the fact that no one respects you enough to give you rep, then you need to find another place to hang out. So what if your rep is low? DEAL WITH IT. Maybe if you actually write something meaningful instead of just complaining about it, you might actually get some. You have no right to say that ANYONE should get their account deleted. The only person that would merrit such an action is you for you blatent disregard for reading the rules. If you can't take what others dish, find another message board.

Heh, well said. I would rep you, but well... you know. People should be more like me... and not care so much.

Posted by Corrupt

Quoting FerreTrip: I think anyone who's a known bully (i.e., Bebop, sorry, but you ARE one, dude) should get their account deleted permanently. Why? PEOPLE LIKE ME ARE MISERABLE!! GAH!!!

Uh huh... just because someone hurts your fragile little feelings means that they should get their account removed. Sorry kid, but that's not gonna work. People aren't going to cater to your whims, so just deal with it.

Edit: Well, Velvet Nightmare said pretty much the same thing... whatever. My comment still stands.

Posted by mis0

Quoting FerreTrip: Alright, I'm complaining about getting bad rep on stupid things. I've gotten to -29 for dumb-arse reasons. I am very ticked off. I'd like it if you could punish those who give you -rep for dumb things. I can't give ANYONE rep, and that's cuz I DID NOT DO ANYTHING AT ALL. I only counter-attack, I never attack. I make a few jokes, and no one gets them, they take it as an insult or something, and they bad-rep me. Or they're bullies. I think anyone who's a known bully (i.e., Bebop, sorry, but you ARE one, dude) should get their account deleted permanently. Why? PEOPLE LIKE ME ARE MISERABLE!! GAH!!!?

My awesome uber advice for ja: Shut up. Nobody likes inane and pointless posting except for the vegans, but you're clearly not one. So, if you're just going to love me because you got what you have coming, get off my iNTARwEB please. Either that or crack pot less.

Posted by Arczu

Believe me, I don't think anyone could be more peeved off about their reputation than bunnesta. -666 points is friggin' harsh.

And about the counter-attacking. Are you sure that by doing that, you haven't ticked off a timebomb from other people? It would be like being called a jack-as for helping someone, or for just being in a room or... something... (bad examples, but), you could be attacking for no reason at all, or the wrong way.

Posted by Iris

Wait was the beginning topic of this thread?

Posted by FerreTrip

...The reason I'm getting bad rep is becasue it's the cool thing right now. I'm a perfectly normal (well, I have AD/HD, but that's not major at all) human being. I'm not a . I'm just a very upset person when he looks at the evil es who are doing this just becasue it's fun to look at me squirm. I'm not saying what I want to say about them becasue that's sinking to their level.

...And the rules say that you should just let people trample ALL over you for you doing NOTHING?! They prolly don't, but saying that made me think that.

AND I AM MAKING A F U C K I N G POINT HERE, PEOPLE!!! I'm most likely not the only person on here getting negative rep for the fact that it's a fad to do that. I mean, Arczu mentioned someone with -666 (woah, talk about bad coincedence...-666...or, wait, is that good?) and I've heard of others with bad rep. Don't ignore me, okay? Please.

I'm saying this now:
DON'T BAD REP OTHERS JUST BECAUSE OTHER PEOPLE DO IT TO THEM. THEY WILL BE VERY MAD AT YOU, AND YOU WILL MOST LIKELY HAVE TO BE CONSIDERED HARSHLY BEFORE YOU GO TO HEAVEN.
I could go on, but seeing as you guys don't like me talking and voicing my opinion, I'll not rant on that.

And, people, do you think that I'm a heartless person like the rest of you and don't mind negative rep for being nice?? Look. I'll stop countering. But not for poinless bad rep. Anyway, I'm sensitive. And don't bomb me saying things like "Ooh, suck it up" or anything. I'm in the middle of a divorce, with me staying with the parent I don't like as much. Seperated from my sister and Mother becasue the courts are s. I have enough to put up with. I don't want to put up with your stupidness anymore. FROM NOW ON, I AM REPORTING ANYONE WHO BAD REPS ME FOR AN UNJUST REASON. EXAMPLE IS BECASUE THEY'RE BEING MEAN. THAT'S BAD. GOOD REASON IS ONE THAT NOT ONLY RELATES TO THE POST, BUT IS ACTUALLY GIVEN AND SEEN BY ME AS FAIR. And by now, you ought to know I'm fair. I'm shutting up now, you s.

Oh, and sorry to all the nice people out there who wasn't a jerk replying to my post.

Posted by loony636

Quoting Darth Vader: Heh, well said. I would rep you, but well... you know. People should be more like me... and not care so much.

That's a little extreme. You didn't care so much that you got banned.

Quoting Iris: Wait was the beginning topic of this thread?

That we should get rid of rep and keep commenting. But who cares, its at where it is now.

Posted by The Judge

And what's the conversation about now?

Posted by loony636

I guess its moved from being a general discussion, to discussing individual members rep. Iris asked what the origional topic was, so I told him.

Posted by Xero

Just to stay in the rep subject, I would suggest that rep disappears and be replaced by the old school stuff: The hp, mana, exp bars. It made it more classic. Dont you think? I'm just sugessting.

Posted by loony636

Quoting Flame Ghost: Just to stay in the rep subject, I would suggest that rep disappears and be replaced by the old school stuff: The hp, mana, exp bars. It made it more classic. Dont you think? I'm just sugessting.

I never liked that. The whole bar thing confused me so much I stayed away from VGC until after the reset. I think we should ditch rep, and not bother replacing it with anything else.

Posted by Xero

What could possibly replace rep...Probably anything....

Posted by Mystic Hero

Quoting loony636: I never liked that. The whole bar thing confused me so much I stayed away from VGC until after the reset. I think we should ditch rep, and not bother replacing it with anything else.

I'd have to agree there. The bars that we used to have were stupid and n00bs used to complain and ask questions as how to raise it when it meant nothing. Rep just takes the place almost and n00bs still complain. Frankly I could care less as to who gives me rep, it's just a little add on that a few get worked up about. It's not a big deal.

Posted by Arczu

Man, those bars were addictive. It reminds me of people who spammed up the board just so they could "level up"-- yeesh!

I think that reputation is no so much neccesaey, especially when people start complaining how they lost some, or have negative and such.

...Wait a sec--

Quoting loony636: Iris asked what the origional topic was, so I told him.
I believe Iris is a she...

Posted by Fei-on Castor

Quoting loony636: Iris asked what the origional topic was, so I told him.

Now that I know Iris's true gender, I can finally confess my love for him.

Hey sexy boy ;)

Posted by loony636

Quoting Arczu: I believe Iris is a she...

Oops, well sorry Iris. I made the same mistake with Trigger...

Posted by Jak Pattinson

reputation is cool. i would have liked to see some other form of 'respect-o-meter' though. even though rep. is cool it is also boring. something like a hp meter or a rising tower wouldhj habe been better.

Posted by Klarth

No it wouldn't have. We had those on the last version of vgc, and final fantasy idiots joined and spammed to level up.

Posted by Jak Pattinson

actually youre right. no mater how the numbers are displayed theyre still numbers. it really doesnt chanfe a thing.

Posted by Klarth

I take it you're bipolar :)

Posted by Iris

Maybe you're just charming?

Posted by The Judge

OR INSANE CRAZY! *ugh*

Posted by Iris

I WAS GOING TO REP YOU TOO AND RAISE IT TO 1300 BUT THEN I REMEMBERED YOU SUCK

And I can't rep you again for a while.

Posted by Shade

I WON'T REP ANYBODY BECAUSE I HATE YOU ALL

Posted by The Judge

STFU NOOB (I can't rep you :()

Posted by loony636

This thread is really going weird. Oh well.

I HATE REPPING!!!

Posted by Shade

I don't, comments are fun. :)

Posted by loony636

Now that Jesse is back, JESSE HERE MY/OUR PLEA, STOP REPPING AND KEEP COMMENTING!!!

By the way, there is another aspect of repping that annoys me, picture repping. Recently I got repped by higbvuyb who repped me with a huge image.

And personally I find that offensive