Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence

Posted by Big Boss

[url="http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/adventure/mgs3subsistence/preview_6131402.html"]Click here for new info on MGS3: Subsistence[/url]

Other than details on the yet-unplayable online mode, the game will include the MSX originals Metal Gear and Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake. So, even those who played the watered-down NES port of the first game might want to check this one out. Considering they were never translated to English, I assume the dialogue will be of high quality.

Now I can finally realize my dream of playing every MGS game in the order they were released. Awesome!

[center][/center]

For those who aren't aware of the game, it's Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater with new features, including an online mode and a new 3D camera angle. Kojima wants to test the new camera to see how well it is received before it's implemented in MGS4.

Posted by Fate

This is so exciting! I wonder what online stuff would be implemented. :)

Posted by ZEN

Quoting Big Boss]
The "Boss Duel" mode for 'Snake Eater' will be great too.

Quoting Big Boss]

See how much Hideo Kojima cares about the 'Metal Gear' series and fans.
(Note to all developers... BE LIKE KOJIMA!)

Here's another [url=http://www.konami.jp/gs/kojima_pro/english/mgs3sub.html]link[/url] where you can view a different trailer for the game.

Posted by Aioros

[COLOR=Yellow]In my opinion the only thing that was missing from MGS3 to make it the perfect stealth/action game, or better yet, a perfect game overall was a 3D camera system. I didn't mind the almost top down camera in sons of Liberty at all because of the confined locations the game was set in. But when you're dealing with a game like Snake Eater, where enemy soldiers are hard to spot in the midst of the jungle, you need the best view possible.[/COLOR]

Posted by Black_Wolf

This looks so freggin' awesome! I saw a video of Snakes versus a bunch of soldiers and a soldier jumped off this rock behind snake and broke his neck, it just looks sweet. I mean, kinda ****ed that I have to buy it again pretty much, but it'll totally be worth it. Is it coming out on Xbox? B/c that's the only system I have online.