Colors..

Posted by VirtualLife

Having a boring time with trying to sleep.. Schools starting again on friday ,, yeahhhjj(totally not) . So Trying to fix my boring time with a little Thread here on vg forum for virtual.. As some might know we have some persons here that already have painted there Virtual boys in their favorit colors like pink or whatever. I have also been thinking about changing the diods that gives Virtual boy it

Posted by Boner

I like the red and black look of my Virtual Boy. If I ever were to paint one of mine, I'd probably go with black. As far as the graphics, I'd like to see blue. I may try that myself some time.

Posted by lameboyadvance

From what I recall, the LEDs in the VB are so small that even if you could remove them, they'd be twice the pain to replace.

...After saying that I also like black, though I think a green display would give a more "night vision" feel.

Posted by Pete

As far as I could always remember from tehc schematics and the sort, it was a custom LED job specific for the unit. I.e. trying to 'swap-out' would be next to impossible as LBA was saying.

However, if anyone wants to pitch in with their insomnia and give it a shot, VB units run cheap on eBay, LED's are cheaper by the dozen....;)

Posted by aaron

fling soras tight

Posted by LHoT

I'm pretty sure that you could take it to some specialty store (Some place like.... I have no idea) and shell out about $200 and get new LEDs.

Posted by lameboyadvance

Considering the size of the LEDs, it'd porbably cost a lot more than $200...