Is PSO for GC worth the monthly fee?

Posted by MGamer

I've been thinking about buying the game Phantasy Star Online. And as such I'm aware that there is an online option that comes with this game. Well, is going online with PSO worth the monthly fee that comes with it? Thank You in advance.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Nope.

Posted by coromoro

I have the game, but I don't play it online. Instead, I usually play the multi-player mode with my friends, and sometimes I'll do the offline missions alone. I've heard that the online version is great though, I think it would be worth it, but it also depends on how much you value the money. :cool:

Posted by Last Fog

I heard somewhere that the online service for gamecube was discontinued. I guess I'm wrong, but still, I can't imagine many people still play this game, and I don't see how it's worth a monthly fee.

Posted by Mystic Hero

Quoting Last Fog: I heard somewhere that the online service for gamecube was discontinued. I guess I'm wrong, but still, I can't imagine many people still play this game, and I don't see how it's worth a monthly fee.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was. There aren't many GCN online games out there. Not enough anyway for them to keep the online service going. I wouldn't pay the money either, especially for a game that I hardly see anyoen even bothering to play anymore or online for that matter.

Posted by Colonel Mustang

Even if it is still online, it would be pointless to go online for a fee if you have at least 2 others to play with. Online had a bunch of cheaters and people would duplicate items so rare items weren't actually all that rare. Offline is the best option and it doesn't have a montly fee. If you have a ps2 you also might want to wait for the new pso coming out for that.

Posted by VirtualRealityZone

Oh man...Phantasy Star Online was awesome on the dreamcast (online). I wish the Dream Cast was still in the console race...it was capable of sooo much...

Any way...I suggest you get some friends...and play multiplayer...instead of paying for a monthly fee :D.

Posted by MGamer

Thanks a lot guys. How much does it cost anyway? I don't think i'll be going online with it. I'll probably just play it offline because i've never played a Phantasy Star Online game before so this is where i want to start.

Posted by theshadowfan

You'd be a fool to pay a monthly fee for this game. I mean seriously almost $10 to play one game that's years old... I'm not saying that game is bad - I have the dreamcast version as well as the gamecube - but just wait for the next-gen versions or something.

Posted by MGamer

Yeah will do

Posted by Yui

the GC online is getting very close to dying. I played it a few years ago and it was hacked to hell then. Its even worse now. I would stay away from the GC version

If you want to play a pso game online you could get the pc version called PSO Blue Burst. its basicly the same thing only it has a few more new levels that were not on any previous versions. the hacking/duping was not so bad when I left a few months ago but I have no idea what its like now.

[url]www.psobb.com[/url]