TALES OF SYMPHONIA THREAD

Posted by Klarth

Man, there was one of these last summer that died before I had a chance to play this game. :( Oh well.

I'm on my eleventh playthrough, but mainly I'm just playing with the test maps these days. You sirs?

Posted by Poco

I played it, and it was actually pretty good.I liked the third Star Ocean better, though. 11 playthroughs? What the christ?

Posted by Alastor

I haven't even played it eleven times yet. :O

Five and a half, I think. On one I made it to Gnome and then just quit playing, then started a new one when I had the urge to play again.

Posted by Klarth

Have you an action replay sir? The test map is very fun.

Posted by Alastor

Yeah, I have an Action Replay. What exactly is the test map?

Posted by Iris

Gah. Right before I went to Welgaia for the last time, I checked in Triet the affection rates. I had Raine as the highest. After checking, I didn't go into any skit circles and instead, went straight to Mithos' castle and killed him. I still got Colette's craptastic ending.

Does rescuing Colette for the last time raise her affection rate for me?

Posted by Alastor

rawr

It's not the ending MOVIE.

Highest affection determines small differences in scenes throughout the game, namely who talks to you in Flanoir. Whoever you talk to in Flanoir will do several things, such as encourage you before your fight with Kratos, save you from having your body taken by Mithos, and other things. Highest affection affects one line in the final scene after you've beaten Mithos, but the anime scene is always Colette.

Posted by Iris

Well poo, Colette stinks. Lloyd wants to ram an older girl.

Posted by Zeta

I've finally completed the Monster List! <(^^<) (>^^)> Took me forever to find Gentleman and Sliver! Now I need to fill in the droppable/stealable items. -.-; Hey, has anyone filled the Figurine Book or Collector's Book yet?

[quote=Iris]Well poo, Colette stinks. Lloyd wants to ram an older girl.
I'm pretty sure he wants to show Sheena his 'Super Sonic Thrust' technique, or perhaps 'Fierce Demon Wang'.

EDIT: And while I'm at it, I'll mention Undine's 'Spread' ability. :-*

Posted by Klarth

Where is Gentleman, anyway?

road bump

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

I've tried playing this game after I saw some of you gloating over how great it was. But I don't really see the greatness. Perhaps I have to play A LOT further in, but there was no initial drive, really.

Posted by Zeta

Quoting Klarth: Where is Gentleman, anyway?

road bump

Near Altamira, in the grassy area. Hop on Noishe and get into fights with the two-legged monster icons that don't move. Of course, Gentleman is still rare, so you'll be fighting for a while.

Posted by Klarth

:-/

I was surprised as hell when I saw Silver, though. I hadn't done the Abyssion quest yet, so I hadn't encountered the sandworm so I was all like "wtf is THAT?". Wine coupled with excessive video gaming and late-night-alone-in-the-house playing isn't good.

and oh, god is uncensored, so you can fix your title:cool2:

Posted by Alastor

*kicks thread*

I'm totally playing this through again. You should, too. :mad:

Klarth: You never did tell me exactly what the test map was. I think you did on AIM one day, but I don't remember it. Details, plz.

Posted by Sak

Quoting Alastor: *kicks thread*

I'm totally playing this through again. You should, too. :mad:

Klarth: You never did tell me exactly what the test map was. I think you did on AIM one day, but I don't remember it. Details, plz.
The test map is this Action Replay only area. In test map 2 there are a buncha katz , and u talk to them. One let's u walk around as any character in the game, another lets u walk around with weapons drawn, another one teaches u recipes, etc etc. The effects (not including the recipes) only show up in the test map area though. (ex : You go into the test map as Sheena and you choose to walk around as Undine. You get out of the test map, then all of a sudden ur Sheena again.) Then theres test map 1. It lets u spawn monsters and things like that. If you ask me, test map 2 is better. Hope that helped. :-D

Posted by Linko_16

I really want to keep playing this, but my friend and brother are currently more interested in Crystal Chronocles. I hope to pick it up again soon.

Posted by Dexter

Crystal Chronicles sucks compared to Tales of Symphonia. After I finished Tales of Symphonia I went right into Crystal Chronicles and quickly missed Tales of Symphonia.

Posted by Azure Wolf

Quoting Linko_16: I really want to keep playing this, but my friend and brother are currently more interested in Crystal Chronocles. I hope to pick it up again soon.

What part of "I", "am", and "always available." do you not get?
Gosh, i've been outcasted and I was only part of the group for 2 hours XD

Posted by Linko_16

Quoting Azure Wolf: What part of "I", "am", and "always available." do you not get?

The difference is that I'd prefer it if you never entered my house ever again.

To all others: don't ask. Please.

Posted by Alastor

Dexter:: Truth and win.

Kairi Fan:: That helps, but I'd still like the code to access the test map. I can't seem to find it. :cool:

Posted by Stalolin

I remembering playing through most of this game, getting stuck at one part and then stopping.

This thread reminds me that I should play Tales of Legendia.

Posted by Zeta

Bwa ha ha! I've completely filled out the Monster List, Figurine Book, and Collector's Book!

Now I just need to get the Gung-ho title and I'll have beaten the game perfectly.

Posted by Sak

Quoting Alastor: Dexter:: Truth and win.

Kairi Fan:: That helps, but I'd still like the code to access the test map. I can't seem to find it. :cool:
test map 1 - rfc55e974mk8u
ohhnrva3cggj2
5rnbeabt9rx9b

test map 2 - vj1mq37gxe3x0
ohhnrva3cggj2
p3wyk2vc404ep
________
for it to work, you hafta press z. It works best in Katz Village.

Posted by Alastor

So should I copy my game to another memory card and have at this with my pro party, or just put it in and wig it? :cool:

Posted by Iris

Bump. :mad:

I've attempted to solo Abyssion as every character (besides Regal. He can go die or something). Soloing him with Sheena is a lot of fun, since Sheena moves fast and her absorbing isn't as cheap.

Posted by Zeta

I've solo'd him with Regal. :p:

Posted by Iris

I've soloed with Genis. :D

I just plain don't like Regal. Crappy lines and fighting with his feet. SICKENS ME

Posted by Zeta

WHAT IS THIS OMINOUS LIGHT THAT THREATENS TO ENGULF US?

Posted by Iris

SILENCE, PHANTOM!

Posted by Zeta

Something something something something Alicia.

Posted by Linko_16

My experience is that anyone who doesn't use Regal hates him. Hm.

Anyway, we beat this game a little bit ago. We got up to the end boss and then my friend (who was basically running the show, having played it before) wanted to turn around and do everything first. I was like "stfu, let's beat it now and do that stuff after." So, yeah, we did beat it. Finally. Endboss was easy.

My experiences:

It came to be that every character in this game has their own sexual abnormality, which started with Raine, who is a futa girl (with her fabulous "rod"). Genis is a timid sex slave (... to Raine. And later Sheena and Presea), Sheena is a bisexual nympho (with the hots for Lloyd, mostly), Presea is an emotionless dominatrix (I have nothing to put in parantheses regarding this), Regal is a pedo who's into bondage (hense shackles and interest in Presea), and Kratos and Zelos are both gay (well, they share all other attributes). Lloyd and Colette are both normal with their boring, cliched, romance-novel love interest.

My three characters were Genis, Sheena and Presea. My friend commented further on how I always end up using chicks and short guys in videogames.

I couldn't convince my friend to get us Kratos in the end instead of Zelos. Frankly, I think Zelos is a doof. But one particularly funny occasion came when we were using his personal, where you get free stuff from all female characters, and we spoke to one in an inn; she said something along the lines of "Oh, Chosen! What a coicidence meeting you here!", to which I added "... right next to his nice, comfy bed."

We spoke all the lines that the game didn't supply audio for ourselves. Pretty much everyone had their own way of speaking, as we saw it. Genis yelled almost everything he said (a la Sonic & "HEY KIDS, NOTHING'S MORE COOL THAN...), Colette spoke in a rapid, high-pitched shriek (we don't remember why), Raine, whenever angry, spoke like Ivy from Soul Calibur (we're pretty sure she has a penis, too), Zelos spoke in this really gay voice that my brother came up with (it's hilarity is as indescribable as it is unimitatable), and Regal spoke like Sanji from 4Kid's translation of One Piece (a guy who uses kicking attacks in battle and is a really great cook?). Everyone else sounded more or less like they did normally.

... Uh, think that's all the particularly interesting stuff I have to report.

Posted by Iris

The final boss really is easy, but the 3 sidequest bosses are really fun. Zelos is definitely better than Kratos if you want to do the Dinner Party sidequest and get some nice equipment from the Coliseum. During my first playthrough, I was almost positive Regal was a pedophile.

Posted by Linko_16

We did the dinner party thing.

But Zelos is still a goon.

Posted by Iris

Yeah well, Last Fencer and Elemental Circlet are totally worth putting up with him. ;) Also, Kratos was to apathetic for my liking.

Posted by Zeta

Did not like Kratos. Because of his VA I expected him to scream "BY THE POWER OF GRAYSKULL" at any moment. But he didn't, so I was dissapointed.

Posted by Linko_16

Pfft, he wasn't half as bad as Lloyd's. We kept yelling out "TITANS, GO!" everytime he shouted commands.

Posted by Iris

The in-battle VA wasn't half bad though. The dying voices were great. :)

Posted by Alastor

I rented Jade Empire not too long ago, and Cam Clarke (Kratos' VA) plays one of your party members, and I kept calling him Kratos the whole time through.

What a shock it was when I found out that in one kiss cutscene that happens between whichever member of your party likes you the most, his was one of them. There were two or three girls and then the homo. You could get the scene with any of them, or in one case you could have a wicked three way between the two chicks. No joke. :cookie: